• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

You say that despite winning 90% of the Mu matches lol

But yeah I understand. GGs

Vs Bullet, I just want to say that it's probably not the best of ideas to try to zone her from full screen with Platinum's regular projectiles because you saw how when I wanted to I could pretty much just ignore them and power myself up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
They always sound so full of energy and into character with Japanese voice overs. Wth is wrong with English counterparts?
BB English dubs are godlike I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

For any English dub to succed they CAN NOT try to mimick Japanese voice styles exactly. It just doesn't transfer right.

If you even try to say English Mak has no energy and is not into character then I'll slap you.

BB English dubs are godlike I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

For any English dub to succed they CAN NOT try to mimick Japanese voice styles exactly. It just doesn't transfer right.

If you even try to say English Mak has no energy and is not into character then I'll slap you.

hD8134428

The one ENG voice I will say that so far feels worse than before for some reason is Bang. It's not bad or anything, but it just doesn't feel as energetic to me. Maybe I'm imagining it but at least I know for a fact his winquote against Litchi is nowhere near as good as before.

Aside from that I'm not really a fan of either Platinum.

I don't know... Kokonoe sounds pretty bored

Yeah but that's kinda the point.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The one ENG voice I will say that so far feels worse than before for some reason is Bang. It's not bad or anything, but it just doesn't feel as energetic to me. Maybe I'm imagining it but at least I know for a fact his winquote against Litchi is nowhere near as good as before.

Aside from that I'm not really a fan of either Platinum.

Yeah but that's kinda the point.

It's because he has a new voice actor, though I love his air dash lines. The biggest improvement is Valk imo. He sounded so god damn bad before the worst in the cast even.

Oh really? He sounds similar so he's doing a good job then, but still needs to work a little on that hot-bloodedness.

Speaking of changes to English voices, was that extra filter over Hakumen's voice really needed?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh really? He sounds similar so he's doing a good job then, but still needs to work a little on that hot-bloodedness.

Speaking of changes to English voices, was that extra filter over Hakumen's voice really needed?

Not at all, seeing how they can still alter voice files around I hope they fix it. Also it sucks ragna got nerfed in 1.03

Ken

Izayoi seems so flashy and fun in training mode. :O

I envy you guys who can pick up and learn these fighters so quickly.

-4 on block. Punishable on IB. Netplay Terumis (which is a thing) seem to do this or 6C all day (which is also punishable).

Yup. Good terumi will use 6c and the dash with meter for rapids. The dash punch is good for people who want to jump out after 5D. Otherwise, should never be thrown out there as its pretty punishable.

edit: what's a good follow up for 6B on block? It seems that even though it's + on block, I still get hit when I try to follow up with something.

Kikirin

So I don't have the Terumi DLC to test... is that dashing punch by Terumi safe on block? Someone drop me some frame data.

According to frame data gathered from a Jp BBS, it's -4 on block. With the spacing after blocking it though, it probably can't be outright punished without IB.

Edit: damn, sniped.

RoeBear

Are you on wifi prototype? This is really laggy.

Edit: Be careful Prototype. Your Terumi is getting very... flowcharty.
Yeah after a week or so of playing Terumi I gave up on him. He's like a P4A character with only auto combo. I really wish he could be played differently but he's too cookie cutter.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah after a week or so of playing Terumi I gave up on him. He's like a P4A character with only auto combo. I really wish he could be played differently but he's too cookie cutter.

That's actually a good way to put it, haha. If he had one normal that hits high and had good air to ground normals to do more combos off of, I would've liked him more. He has good frame traps and all, but he needs something more. At the moment Terumi's just... annoying. lol

And ggs everyone. I still have issues online. Getting CHed after blocked Mars Chopper and not IB punishing Terumi that well made me sad lol.
You could probably see it when I just started 3Cing or 2Cing more.

Edit: Also had no idea Makoto 3C was + on block lol. Also so many failed instant overheads from me. I have issues with this on netplay :/

vocab

Azrael vs barret seems like a bad match up for Azrael. Can't hit any buttons against her. Maybe I should go back to relius full time. Azrael links are annoying (I can do them but lol netplay ruins links), and I just the little odditys in his combos like the IAD jump C ones or the some of the harder weakpoint combos. This game is too much work.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
All our matches seemed pretty messy lol. But at least I slowly started to realize I can't autopilot on you.
Kept expecting IAD jBB but you never did it, so lots of whiffed 6As from me.

You kinda have to play mak passive agressive to win with her. When I start getting my combos down 100% I'll be winning a lot more. failing to set up orb oki with her is REALLY REALLY bad.

Azrael vs barret seems like a bad match up for Azrael. Can't hit any buttons against her.

If by Barret you meant Bullet, then I just have to say that as a Bullet main I feel the exact opposite. She's the one that can't really press buttons against his normals :|

RoeBear

Did they nerf Platinum or is she just as robotic as last game? I swear playing her was like the epitome of flowchart.

Her items make her less flowcharty. Also, what's up with that lightning thing with Kokonoe not having smp? She does the same move all the time but it doesn't matter. Did they forget about that when programming her in?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Her items make her less flowcharty. Also, what's up with that lightning thing with Kokonoe not having smp? She does the same move all the time but it doesn't matter. Did they forget about that when programming her in?
Whats up with the lighting move having 0 start up and being able to get full combos off traded hits. I think that's the better question :p

RoeBear

Whats up with the lighting move having 0 start up and being able to get full combos off traded hits. I think that's the better question :p

She got a complete pass when it came to balancing, it should also disappear if she blocks a hit. The real problem is that she and Terumi are console characters that weren't fully explored before launch. Then again they might have kept them that way to get more people to buy them. "Hey you like easy wins? BUY KOKONOE!"

So what you're telling me is that I should main Kokonoe? nyak nyak nyak.

Anyway, GGs Q, Rhapsody. I was going flowcharty because it feels like Terumi needs to make people think in a certain way. Except I make the opponent think a certain way and I still can't open them up. Feel like it's a lot of guessing with 236D (when people try to jump out) and command throw (they are consistently grounded). I'm still pretty bad with 6B (I get hit after the block) and I'm still not sure when to throw it out. By the way, the random 6Cs during a blockstring when I don't have meter are failed 6B attempts. Feels good.

Definitely getting the feel of him now. Just all frame traps instead of mixups. Feels weird going from Rachel (who is a mixup queen) to Terumi.

Rhapsody

Banned
Speaking of Kokonoe, some Rachel mains (myself included) are feeling that she's not one of the characters that can handle fighting her. I used to think it wasn't so bad until Kokonoe's neutral game developed. She has so much stuff to shut Rachel down:/ 22B and graviton screws up our neutral game completely.
So what you're telling me is that I should main Kokonoe? nyak nyak nyak.

Anyway, GGs Q, Rhapsody. I was going flowcharty because it feels like Terumi needs to make people think in a certain way. Except I make the opponent think a certain way and I still can't open them up. Feel like it's a lot of guessing with 236D (when people try to jump out) and command throw (they are consistently grounded). I'm still pretty bad with 6B (I get hit after the block) and I'm still not sure when to throw it out. By the way, the random 6Cs during a blockstring when I don't have meter are failed 6B attempts. Feels good.

Definitely getting the feel of him now. Just all frame traps instead of mixups. Feels weird going from Rachel (who is a mixup queen) to Terumi.

Frame traps are nice, but I see you gatling up the levels too much much (5B > 5C > 2C > 5D) leaving you on minus. Too many Terumis end up that way, but I don't think that's the right way to go about it. It'll reset things to neutral more often than you'd want to, which Terumi isn't so great at.

I'd say do what Q does with Makoto, and stagger with moves that give more frame advantage so you can keep staying in and threaten with a grab (2A, 5B, and his jump cancel normals are good for this).

Top Bottom