• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
A bit annoyed with that change if it's true. I know Rachel's damage is usually low, but it was nice being able to land an N starter with an overhead every now and then.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A bit annoyed with that change if it's true. I know Rachel's damage is usually low, but it was nice being able to land an N starter with an overhead every now and then.

Well seeing how she didn't get changed too much this just makes her Oki game all that much more important and strong.

So I played around in training mode for almost an hour yesterday and it seems I remembered most of the combos I learned months ago.

Right now I think I need to focus on learning at least one combo for each of Noel's normals since I have the drive stuff down pretty well I think.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I played around in training mode for almost an hour yesterday and it seems I remembered most of the combos I learned months ago.

Right now I think I need to focus on learning at least one combo for each of Noel's normals since I have the drive stuff down pretty well I think.

Yup, work on a solid overhead combo, and what she can do with her normals as start ups. Noel is very solid in this version once you learn how to maximize her damage off whatever and get her movement down you should be pretty set honestly

RoeBear

Yup, work on a solid overhead combo, and what she can do with her normals as start ups. Noel is very solid in this version once you learn how to maximize her damage off whatever and get her movement down you should be pretty set honestly

Noel and Tao are my two hardest characters to fight against since they never stay put. Noel is probably worse as her moves change her positions and can get 4k off a counter hit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Noel and Tao are my two hardest characters to fight against since they never stay put. Noel is probably worse as her moves change her positions and can get 4k off a counter hit.
It doesn't help that both of their 2a's are insanely good so even when you feel like you got a good moment to get at them POKE comboooooo.

Noel's 5C is super good too I think *if that's the button I'm thinking of*

RoeBear

LMAO didn't know that Noel's astral counters a grab....

Or at least I didn't remember that.

Edit: If anyone wants an invite Vanilla and I are playing.

OceanBlue

Played some BBCP at CEO Winterfest two weeks ago, and it was my first time playing offline against people who had actually played the games before this version came out. It was a lot of fun and everyone was really nice. Although I've become a lot more busy now, I'll try and join more sessions people have here.

Also I apparently need to DP more so expect DPs. :D

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll join the next time there's a lobby, my friends wanted to play. Plus I have Gundam later today.

I really want to practice with you guys before SCR.

RoeBear

I'll join the next time there's a lobby, my friends wanted to play. Plus I have Gundam later today.

No worries, in tournaments do you play as Rachel only? Also in those tournaments do people only really play the top tiers, or do you see Kagura, and some Bullets?

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
Are you guys still in a lobby? kind of want to play since I'm feeling kind of rusty right now and I haven't really played anyone from Gaf that much.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

We should play tomorrow, my shitty makoto will give you tons of important training.

It wont help you at all

Rhapsody

Banned
No worries, in tournaments do you play as Rachel only? Also in those tournaments do people only really play the top tiers, or do you see Kagura, and some Bullets?
Mostly as Rachel. I've gone Ragna before if I'm not comfortable on my defense, but I haven't learned all the BBCP stuff I should know with him yet. I've finally learned Kokonoe, but I prefer not to use her in tourney since I'm not confident with her.

And people tend to play a variety of characters here in tourney. But that's just how SoCal is. I've pretty much seen people use every character besides maybe 4 or so.
We should play tomorrow, my shitty makoto will give you tons of important training.

It wont help you at all

Truth be told, you're one of the few people I play that teach me not to autopilot by not running into 6A all the time, lol

LMAO didn't know that Noel's astral counters a grab....

Or at least I didn't remember that.

Edit: If anyone wants an invite Vanilla and I are playing.

Yeah, that's pretty much the only way I could get a win. YOLO Astral.

Also I still do the stupidest crap. Can't seem to drop the bad habits. Like ending every abortion of a blockstring with a 3C even though that's unsafe on block and getting punished every time, can't help but do it.

The only ways I could get damage was random drives and hoping that they didn't get punished.

I don't know why I can't understand the game anymore, I had this locked down in CS and I seem to go in the opposite direction with every match.

Considering picking a different main now.

RoeBear

Yeah, that's pretty much the only way I could get a win. YOLO Astral.

Also I still do the stupidest crap. Can't seem to drop the bad habits. Like ending every abortion of a blockstring with a 3C even though that's unsafe on block and getting punished every time, can't help but do it.

The only ways I could get damage was random drives and hoping that they didn't get punished.

I don't know why I can't understand the game anymore, I had this locked down in CS and I seem to go in the opposite direction with every match.

Considering picking a different main now.

You got me every time I was chicken blocking. I need to get out of that habit bad.

Your combos almost never dropped, which made me eat 4k every chicken block. Only thing I noticed was you never Counter Assaulted. It's worth the meter especially against Carl cause it ruins my setups.

Also Lmao at that bomb proration.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nope, Rachel. We're a little laggy and they're destroying me with Rachel's crazy over head non stop action.
Wait where do bombs come into play then? :lol

I'd offer myself as a sparring partner but you specified "a good one" also lag doesn't help either of us

Eh it would teach me to be more careful before slamming my face into her huge ass normals :lol But yeah Mu in lag is rough

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
Who does Wunder play? Mu? I need to play a good one with my shitty mak so I can learn how to handle her normals.

I play Rachel, sometimes I pick Platinum for laughs though since OD+miracle jeanne is hilarious but otherwise I don't actually know how to play her unless it's CS2 lol.

RoeBear

Good games Vanilla and Wunderdoo. Been playing for 3 hrs nonstop. This is the most I've played of CP in a while.

That 1st round ending I'm gonna upload, too funny.

OceanBlue

Good games Vanilla and Wunderdoo. Been playing for 3 hrs nonstop. This is the most I've played of CP in a while.

That 1st round ending I'm gonna upload, too funny.

Lol dammit, I was planning on trying to get some games in after my food finishes. I'll catch you guys some time!

You got me every time I was chicken blocking. I need to get out of that habit bad.

Your combos almost never dropped, which made me eat 4k every chicken block. Only thing I noticed was you never Counter Assaulted. It's worth the meter especially against Carl cause it ruins my setups.

Also Lmao at that bomb proration.

I forgot that Counter Assault exists lol.

I guess I'll just shut up since it's the first day again. It's unrealistic of me to fix all of my problems within such a short time span.

Top Bottom