• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

RoeBear

Bullet changes are nice, but will they be enough? :/

You can take a fish out of water.

200px-A_Fish_Out_Of_Water_%28book%29_cover_art.jpg

vocab

So if im reading this correctly, it's gonna be harder to do valk combos. Add that in with online, and I guess I'll find a different character to main.

Nyoro SF

Hakumen got owned. But I was expecting that, probably couldn't leave him the ridiculous tank he was before.

Air Throw – Can no longer cancel the first hit into Overdrive. The second hit now ground bounces.

2nd hit of air throw has much worse hitstun decay. Now you almost have to rapid cancel to get past 4500 damage. Ridiculous that I can't OHKO off throws anymore! (oh well)

Magatama Gauge – Decreases the rate that the gauge increases while Hakumen is midair (includes during Overdrive).

This hurts pretty much all over. The pain! Probably the biggest game changer because staying aerial was the best way to fight Azrael and Taokaka.

6D – Increased the forward movement greatly, now has less recovery when it misses.

No one gives a fuck about this move because the startup is shit!

Jump D – Can now be canceled into Agito immediately with only the press of an A button.

Well uh... that's cool, I guess... any reason why I wouldn't just do the normal followup?

Agito – Increased hitstop and recovery, is now worse on block.

Expected. Increased hitstop meaning I could potentially combo without a counter hit? If so then that previous buff is nice.

Time to go back to Jin

RoeBear

Agito needed to be nerfed bad. You'd block it and still wouldn't be able to punish it. Plus it only used 1 gauge so it was something that was constantly annoying.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm going to assume this isn't the full list of changes and ASW are hiding more.
Rachel practically staying the same would be too nice.

Proration change on air normals could make her damage even worse now though lol

Nyoro SF

Agito needed to be nerfed bad. You'd block it and still wouldn't be able to punish it. Plus it only used 1 gauge so it was something that was constantly annoying.

Well I don't think blocking it was the issue so much that the priority is so huge. It can beat Kokonoe's 6A if you time it right. >:)

I guess this means this gives people more time to respond with their air crushers.

The Arakune buffs make me super sad. Carl buffs too, ugh. He already could do semi-invisible left-right mixups four times without running out of doll gauge. Rachel being left the same is horrifying.

Hazama nerfs are very welcome. I'm very surprised they didn't adjust his movement trajectory for his Drive attacks; reminds me of Spencer stupidity in Marvel where you get instant overheads and crossups without actually attempting to do them.

I could comment more but we'll see how the game pans out. I personally thought Jin was much stronger than Hakumen, and he only lost a character-specific air loop and got a buffed overhead. :/

RoeBear

The Arakune buffs make me super sad. Carl buffs too, ugh. He already could do semi-invisible left-right mixups four times without running out of doll gauge. Rachel being left the same is horrifying.

Carl doll changes although a buff, is better for everyone. Carl players might not have to play chicken as much when waiting for Nirvana.

Nyoro SF

Carl doll changes although a buff, is better for everyone. Carl players might not have to play chicken as much when waiting for Nirvana.

That's the thing with chicken Carl, you cut his head off and he's still shouting NEE-SAN, I'm not sure if buffing his already tricky offense was a wise move :(

RoeBear

That's the thing with chicken Carl, you cut his head off and he's still shouting NEE-SAN, I'm not sure if buffing his already tricky offense was a wise move :(

Eh I wouldn't be too upset as most people don't play him anyway. I'd say out of every hundred matches, you might face 4 or 5 of them. I'm betting more people start playing Jin now as he seems relatively the same which is still damn good.

ApolloJoh

Ragna

D Inferno Divider – Increased the speed at which he falls, decreased recovery. - Okay.
Gauntlet Hades – Made it so it cannot whiff (and go over) crouching characters. - Yay!
Overdrive Version Dead Spike – Will no longer travel offscreen in the corner. - Yay!
Belial Edge – Decreased float height and untechable time for the last hit. When the last hit makes contact, it can be canceled into a Distortion Drive. - Hmm...

Litchi

Staff 4B – No longer moves forward during the animation. Increased recovery. - Nooo
Overdrive D Attacks – Can no longer be moved during the an Overdrive Activation Motion. - Hmm...
Itsuu (C follow up) – Increased the startup of the attack, increased the recovery of the attack. :(
Kokushi Musou – Increased damage, decreased untechable time. Adjusted how the hit launches opponents, making it easier to hit with all the hits. - Okay.
Chinroutou – Increased the animation speed when it hits. Decreased the forward movement of the animation. - Okay.

System

Break Burst – Increased the active frames of the attack portion. - Okay...?
236 Commands – An 6236 input will give a 623 motion priority, but 641236 will give a 236 motion priority. (Same goes for reverse inputs). - Cool!
632146 Commands – Currently performable with a bare minimum of 6246, but now also performable with a bare minimum of 6316. - Cool.
Post Round Actions – The time where you can move your character after a round ended has been shortened. - They always adjust this in every version lol

I read his changes and I didn't understand. Please tell me I won't be trapped in the corner again forever :(

Looks like he just got buffs all around for the exception of 6C. Which is still not an issue since you shouldn't randomly 6C without a rapid, although the follow up combo after a counter might be more difficult. Still, with 6B buff, there should be less reason to use 6C unless you want that corner carry (which, again, you would need a rapid). Still not sure what good the DD cancels will have but I guess we'll have to see.

So... it's bad news for you if you get stuck in the corner because his game just got better.

5D buff is huge.

Nyoro SF

Looks like he just got buffs all around for the exception of 6C. Which is still not an issue since you shouldn't randomly 6C without a rapid, although the follow up combo after a counter might be more difficult. Still, with 6B buff, there should be less reason to use 6C unless you want that corner carry (which, again, you would need a rapid). Still not sure what good the DD cancels will have but I guess we'll have to see.

So... it's bad news for you if you get stuck in the corner because his game just got better.

5D buff is huge.

RIP IN PIECES

Top Bottom