• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
Rachel pretty much looks the same I hear. If nothing changes until release, I'm looking forward to Evo.
Fought a bunch of Azrael lately. Still getting used to where I can IB punish.

Astral

So two months after the game releases in America we get a balance patch. That kinda sucks. It makes me almost not wanna even learn the characters all that much.

RoeBear

So two months after the game releases in America we get a balance patch. That kinda sucks. It makes me almost not wanna even learn the characters all that much.

Almost everything is going to translate. Only thing probably not worth learning are Kokonoe and Hazama C loops.

Astral

Glad to hear the Hazama C loops are no longer gonna work. They were really annoying to watch and were kinda making me not wanna use him.

Nyoro SF

The game is better with a patch in the future than without, and the base method of which you play characters will not change that much (unless you play Kokonoe, I guess)

RoeBear

They weren't really showing off many of the bigger changes sans kokopuff's. I mean, you saw how growler knocks the opponent up and stuff like that, but eh... was hoping for a proper demonstration.

Isn't this all a good thing? I mean the ridiculous stuff is gone, especially with Kokonoe. If everyone still looks the same it will keep more people playing. I knew a couple of people that stopped playing CS when it was patched because they changed so much after a short time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Isn't this all a good thing? I mean the ridiculous stuff is gone, especially with Kokonoe. If everyone still looks the same it will keep more people playing. I knew a couple of people that stopped playing CS when it was patched because they changed so much after a short time.

Yeah it's a good thing imo, the game didn't really need that many changes overall. It's probably the best designed BB by far. Just the new characters needed some tweaks really.

Uraizen

Banned

No, no, I didn't mean it that way. I meant I wanted to see stuff like Terumi's new moves utilized in a real match or Hazama's new BnBs since he lost most of them. I was disappointed that they didn't show the characters that got major changes ... sans Kokopuffs.

Rhapsody

Banned
I didn't really pay attention to his changes. Is he less brain dead flowchart now?

Probably not imo. Most of his buffs were to things he already had but with more frame advantage, better start up, or easier to pull off.
He more or less will suffer from the same problems imo, just not as bad.

Uraizen

Banned
ZHoHBXt.jpg

Not my own opinions, just the most common complaints I saw on dustloop.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
No one wants a super buffed up makoto for the same reason people hate a top tier litchi or arakune.

Forced 50/50 mix ups into death make people rage

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just balanced. That's all.

Makoto is a pretty honest character right now actually she really doesn't need any buffs outside of maybe making some of her stuff a little easier to do. Goro and Matsu got her screwed over though in some pretty big if arc is balancing her based on them

RoeBear

I'm so excited to actually be able to play a ton of people in ranked. I wonder what our dan rankings will look like once more than just 100 people in NA have this game. Hope I can at least make it to 10th dan.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm sorry lol. That matchup is too sad for Makoto. As for that Jin fight, I took the gamble to see if my super had invul frames. Had no idea why lol

It's not THAT bad, just not in the mood to fight her and play 100% just to get in and deal with stuff. Pretty hungry/thristy so gonna eat I'll be down for more in a little bit.

RoeBear

Yup if BBCT went on I could see Carl getting banned hard. It was always funny seeing people say top 3 characters then say arakune/nu/rachel.

Please

Top 3 was Carl/Rachel/Arakune.

There weren't many Carl players, still isn't. His low health was also there, so Tager could easily take him out if you guessed wrong on his 50-50 game.

I still find it pretty funny that people who waited on the English release get nothing that Japan didn't get. Six month wait should have also had Kokonoe for free. I probably won't get the English release just because I like my DLC colors too much, and I doubt they'll have them since they were magazine exclusive.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs everyone. Out of all the matchups, it was Carl that I can't just autopilot with Kokonoe. Her defensive options can be really bad against some characters, and I feel like Carl's one of them. Plus I can't mess with Ada with Graviton and 5C is a projectile for Kokonoe.

Nerfs I wanted for Kokonoe

- Make 22B scale harder as a starter
- Make Graviton pushback less severe
- Don't let 6A invul extend when you hold it
- Make Black Hole scale properly as a starter
- Shorten Black Hole hit box so all characters can roll out of it
- Make Kokonoe vulnerable to Counter Assaults during Black Hole (like she is to bursts)
- Extend the Heat cooldown state after Black Hole so she can't build up 47 meter or so in the combo.

This keeps Black Hole still interesting with some setups. And if you could roll out of Black Hole, the only existing setup is to do it during a blocked fireball setup. This means the opponent is able to at least CA to get out.

There's also a lot of other stuff I'd change too that I didn't add, but these were the ones I feel strongly about. I didn't like how jC isn't a high now. The start up is like 19 frames I hear. And since Graviton doesn't have a hitbox outside of combos, it's not like you can activate it and go for another 50/50 mixup like current BBCP.

Good matches. I'm still relegated to a punching bag mostly.

After revealing my secret weapon and testing it online it looks like that won't be the case anymore.

THE PAD

After deploying it in the field my combat efficiency went up by 300%!

Top Bottom