• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
Good games tonight Milk. Kinda wish we could get some bigger GAF lobbies going, but everyone is on randomly.
I might try to get on more after SCR if I'm not burned out.
Might pick up another character for fun until the patch comes out. I don't know who though.

Preferably one that won't be too difficult online, haha.

I might try to get on more after SCR if I'm not burned out.
Might pick up another character for fun until the patch comes out. I don't know who though.

Preferably one that won't be too difficult online, haha.

Church butter with Tager.

So I've been looking around DL and it looks like the general consensus is that the new Terumi is basically the same character. Same strengths (just stronger and possibly more damage) but equally as bad weaknesses (bad mixups). I'm still convinced that he's frame trap based with relentless pressure so I don't think this is gonna be an issue.

I'm still hype that he gets a gimmick high/low with the new DD (apparently it looks the same, except the OH gets a super flash).

But seriously, I haven't played this game in so long that I've forgotten my pressure and combos. Yes, you read that right. I have forgotten combos with TERUMI. I suck guis :(

Uraizen

Banned

So I've been looking around DL and it looks like the general consensus is that the new Terumi is basically the same character. Same strengths (just stronger and possibly more damage) but equally as bad weaknesses (bad mixups). I'm still convinced that he's frame trap based with relentless pressure so I don't think this is gonna be an issue.

I'm still hype that he gets a gimmick high/low with the new DD (apparently it looks the same, except the OH gets a super flash).

But seriously, I haven't played this game in so long that I've forgotten my pressure and combos. Yes, you read that right. I have forgotten combos with TERUMI. I suck guis :(

Did they elaborate on the changes to his stomps yet? Apparently stomps into 6D no longer works in the corner and you can't get a 2B or 3C follow-up after stomps mid-screen.

Did they elaborate on the changes to his stomps yet? Apparently stomps into 6D no longer works in the corner and you can't get a 2B or 3C follow-up after stomps mid-screen.

I haven't seen much (ie: haven't watched anything), but I've always done 2C, 5C, 3C, 6D after the stomps so hopefully that still works. Also, if what you're telling me is true about the stomps mid screen, it's kind of a pointless change for the mid screen wallbounce. Didn't they also remove the midscreen bounce on 63214B super?

Guess they went for a stomp nerf. Then again, that move was REALLY good so I guess it's understandable.

Rhapsody

Banned

I actually did learn BBCP Tager for a bit. My greatest moment was doing a throw whiff mid combo into 720 super, haha. It's so hard to react to. I tried to learn playing a legit Tager though, so I resisted mashing and tried to go for confirms and reads. It's just the matchups are so dumb with him that I don't like using him a lot.

So far I have a Rachel, Kokonoe, Ragna, Jin, Terumi, Tager, Nu, and Valk. All at varying degrees of play. (The last three listed I wouldn't win against Roebear or Q). I was thinking about going back to my old BB mains, but I might try learning Bullet.

Roebear makes Carl look super fun though. The blockstrings are crazy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I know why Mak got nerfed, but it still annoys me. Fucking Goro. But yeah Maks been underscored on the tier list for ages.

She basically does the same thing the S tier characters end up doing she just has to work for her first hit. After that matches typically go VASTLY in her favor when she's played well. Which is why you see those few good maks steamroll the hell out of people time and time again. ArcSys probably wanted to tone down the steamroll part but they didn't do anything to make landing hits with her easier :lol

I actually did learn BBCP Tager for a bit. My greatest moment was doing a throw whiff mid combo into 720 super, haha. It's so hard to react to. I tried to learn playing a legit Tager though, so I resisted mashing and tried to go for confirms and reads. It's just the matchups are so dumb with him that I don't like using him a lot.

So far I have a Rachel, Kokonoe, Ragna, Jin, Terumi, Tager, Nu, and Valk. All at varying degrees of play. (The last three listed I wouldn't win against Roebear or Q). I was thinking about going back to my old BB mains, but I might try learning Bullet.

Roebear makes Carl look super fun though. The blockstrings are crazy.

Not lag friendly though ;)

Maybe Tsubaki? Azrael?

Uraizen

Banned
I haven't seen much (ie: haven't watched anything), but I've always done 2C, 5C, 3C, 6D after the stomps so hopefully that still works. Also, if what you're telling me is true about the stomps mid screen, it's kind of a pointless change for the mid screen wallbounce. Didn't they also remove the midscreen bounce on 63214B super?

Guess they went for a stomp nerf. Then again, that move was REALLY good so I guess it's understandable.

Ah, I see, from what I read only 6D after stomps won't work in the corner. It always looked weird and didn't seem like it should work anyway. He said that he thinks his dash special works after stomps mid-screen. So I guess we have more options of what super to follow-up with instead of just messenga. Yes, they removed the mid-screen bounce for his stomp super. Either way, the 5D and 6B buffs seem like they'll be really good. Maybe we can sneak in command throws easier or use 6B in combos we normally couldn't? Who knows, should be fun to experiment with.

EDIT: Good, my video didn't get taken down. You can see some of his new stuff here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhGnWXyBDM

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anyone down for some games, I sorta accidentally drank something with high caffine and I'm wide awake O.O

Edit: if anything I'll just grind out Mu in training mode til 6am :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Does everyone's connection affect the lobby? That match and my match seemed pretty bad. Am I lagging your games? o__o

It effects it a little bit I think but in general that's about right for a 1 bar connection.

I just have to relearn my golfswing timing for each person which is normal due to online and everyone having slightly different connections

I gotta learn how everyone's just grabbing through stuff.

Do throws have invincibility on startup like DPs?

And so far I've managed to complete 3/4 of one of my basic combo's before dropping it. I guess that's better than nothing like before.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Nope, they just have huge ass hitboxes *in the air* and pretty fast start up on the ground. But you can be hit out of a grab on the ground pretty easy unless you are tick throwing or throwing off a reset

RoeBear

And so far I've managed to complete 3/4 of one of my basic combo's before dropping it. I guess that's better than nothing like before.

Since Noels moves all have weird hitboxes, grabs are really effective against her. If she's in the middle of a move it's also a counter throw so it's easy damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Relius "every button press is a giant attack orb around me" Clover

lol I always think he can't hit me and eat cross ups like a dumbass x.x/

Since Noels moves all have weird hitboxes, grabs are really effective against her. If she's in the middle of a move it's also a counter throw so it's easy damage.

I don't even attempt grabbing during attacks anymore because I know I'm just going to eat a counter hit.

I still need help pulling my training mode Noel out of the ether.

Hoping people will be online tomorrow to assist with that.

OceanBlue

Well, I guess I'd better figure out what the input for Counter Assault is. :(

Edit: You have to hold forward to do it? Sounds scary....

Top Bottom