• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

RoeBear

Well, I guess I'd better figure out what the input for Counter Assault is. :(

double QCF D with 50 heat. Also I realized yesterday that there are titles like in P4A. I think I made mine "Super Yolo Beard" or something.

edit: I thought you meant Jin's counter super.

Counter assaults can be bad against characters like the Clovers and Litchi as they can sometimes just not be in the way.

OceanBlue

double QCF D with 50 heat. Also I realized yesterday that there are titles like in P4A. I think I made mine "Super Yolo Beard" or something.

edit: I thought you meant Jin's counter super.

Counter assaults can be bad against characters like the Clovers and Litchi as they can sometimes just not be in the way.

What am I supposed to do in the corner against Relius? I felt like there were no gaps I could take advantage of. :(

RoeBear

What am I supposed to do in the corner against Relius? I felt like there were no gaps I could take advantage of. :(

Pray. Seriously though either wait till I'm stupid and dp, try and roll out and eat a small combo, or just wait till I have to drop my doll.

Man Makoto's A's are as bad as MvC3 and have like no proration compared to other characters.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll join in on more lobbies after SCR. It's been affecting some of my offline stuff a bit. Mistiming and autopiloting to simpler combos instead of confirming better. I'm always too busy with school too :/

OceanBlue

I'll join in on more lobbies after SCR. It's been affecting some of my offline stuff a bit. Mistiming and autopiloting to simpler combos instead of confirming better. I'm always too busy with school too :/

School has been the main reason why I haven't been able to put enough time into this game (or any game really) too. Although in my case I have so many things I need to learn that it'd be nice if I could auto-pilot lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Man Makoto's A's are as bad as MvC3 and have like no proration compared to other characters.
They have a lot, one jab prevents her bnb from being done in the corner, 2 jabs makes most of her dmg go to complete ass.

1 jab in a combo knocks down her OD combo by about 1.2k damage.

It can just seem that way cause she hits you into a short combo into a reset into a short combo into a reset into infinity so her damage starts to add up fast

RoeBear

They have a lot, one jab prevents her bnb from being done in the corner, 2 jabs makes most of her dmg go to complete ass.

1 jab in a combo knocks down her OD combo by about 1.2k damage.

It can just seem that way cause she hits you into a short combo into a reset into a short combo into a reset into infinity so her damage starts to add up fast

They really don't, especially compared to other characters. Without meter in the corner you can get 3k damage. Relius and Carl can get max 2k with an A starter. Ragna and Litchi can get 2.5k. These are all in the corner too without meter, which would probably only add another 500 damage. I'm not sure about other characters, but combined with the corner carry I'd say she's got the best A moves in the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
They really don't, especially compared to other characters. Without meter in the corner you can get 3k damage. Relius and Carl can get max 2k with an A starter. Ragna and Litchi can get 2.5k. These are all in the corner too without meter, which would probably only add another 500 damage. I'm not sure about other characters, but combined with the corner carry I'd say she's got the best A moves in the game.

Nah, it scales about the same, mak's corner damage is just crazy. She can do about 4.5k meterless off a 5b starter in the corner.

It's largely because her Drive moves and jump B cause so much hit stun that lets her get away with stuff. Her combos also don't have a lot of hits in them.

Noel can get a lot of damage off a 2A as well and it beats Mak's clean :p

Edit: Her jabs are really good though, true jab power was CS1/2 mak :lol

OceanBlue

Oh lol I thought you would have been West coast for some reason. Yup good games tonight everyone!

Lol nah. That's why I never catch any games with you guys. I just really wanted to play some so I decided I didn't need to sleep. :V

Yeah, good games! I feel like I should've learned stuff but I was too busy being salty about meaties, not doing the right combos when I had meter, and messing up my blockstrings that I kinda fell apart. :(

Edit: Oh, and not knowing how to neutral at all lol. I'm free to instant air dash. :<

Well, I guess I'd better figure out what the input for Counter Assault is. :(

Edit: You have to hold forward to do it? Sounds scary....

Terumi has the worst CA in the game. I hate that piece of crap.

Playing Q last night made me realize I just need to mash harder! more on crouch jab! JABS ARE THE TRUTH!

Against Mak, you need to outzone her. If you get hit once, it's corner reset all day.

RoeBear

When the US gets it, I'll be on that grind to reach the highest Dan I can when that happens like I did for Persona.
It'll just be nice seeing people with more accurate Dan rankings. Right now a ton of good people are at either first Dan or on nothing. I like these rankings better than Persona.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Game acted like you left. I thought you rage quit.
lol I don't rage quit. Ugh I kept running into so much dumb stuff or dropping basic things though. Probably because I haven't slept in 27 hours :lol

GGs :p Also I don't think I'll ever be able to fight Carl properly online since 2D 66 5CC is pretty god damn impossible there

RoeBear

lol I don't rage quit. Ugh I kept running into so much dumb stuff or dropping basic things though. Probably because I haven't slept in 27 hours :lol

GGs :p Also I don't think I'll ever be able to fight Carl properly online since 2D 66 5CC is pretty god damn impossible there

Yeah it sucks having to change tactics for online. I'd add some allecans to my combos, but not gonna happen online. GGs.

Rhapsody

Banned
Welp, I'm still bad with Rachel online. And our connection messed with us both.

The lag spikes happened at the worst times. lol

GGs Q

Edit: I was hoping you didn't know Makoto could roll and dash out of the lazy Black Hole setup

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Man, after finally getting my own copy and being a player who started with CS...

I really don't understand Nu's neutral game.

But I'm going to figure it out!

Dugna

For people who got the LE of this game would you say it was worth it? I see LE is still available in stores so I might get that version since I like OSTs.

Top Bottom