• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That perfect usage of the gravity seed made me wet.

Seriously so much perfect play in those sets. Any Nu player should study the fuck out of them :p

Welp, I'm still bad with Rachel online. And our connection messed with us both.

The lag spikes happened at the worst times. lol

GGs Q

Edit: I was hoping you didn't know Makoto could roll and dash out of the lazy Black Hole setup

LOL yeah it really sucked when fighting koko cause Mak has to hit her once not fuck up and win. But yeah I never practiced the roll out thing I've just known about it since koko's been out. Hell I even forgot koko couldn't be hit LOL

Not that it really matters in the long run because yeah koko can just do something else instead xD You tech!? Blackhole, you don't tech? COMBO!

Against Nu players you have to get in and never leave. You can see that the few times people got in against him he got opened up pretty quickly but they didn't maintain their momentum.

I can't believe that Noel player in the last video just standing around at mid range holding 12 a bunch of times. Noel can't play the range game with Nu. Camping against a Nu player like that just shows them that you're afraid.

I guess you can stay at range to practice blocking but that doesn't really offer much since the only overhead Nu has at long range is the second hit of 5DD, everything else can be blocked low.

Nu has 10000 HP so if you can average 3.3k per combo you only need 3 hits total to win each round.

Rhapsody

Banned
Against Nu players you have to get in and never leave. You can see that the few times people got in against him he got opened up pretty quickly but they didn't maintain their momentum.

I can't believe that Noel player in the last video just standing around at mid range holding 12 a bunch of times. Noel can't play the range game with Nu. Camping against a Nu player like that just shows them that you're afraid.

I guess you can stay at range to practice blocking but that doesn't really offer much since the only overhead Nu has at long range is the second hit of 5DD, everything else can be blocked low.

Nu has 10000 HP so if you can average 3.3k per combo you only need 3 hits total to win each round.

Shino had to block because of all Gentarou's smart uses of Gravity Seed. As Noel he couldn't do much in those situations. His biggest problem was getting clipped and having it all stack up. Also didn't help that when he got a corner BnB off, Nu was in Luna form, so he didn't want to go for the meaty. Shino's a great Noel player but Gentarou played that matchup perfectly. Every time Shino got impatient and did random yolo 2D, he got punished for it hard. He had the right idea with dash barrier double jumps, but again, those gravity seeds.

And you're kind of right about Nu's long range overhead. But the input is 4D and she can do it raw or gatling from 5D or 5DD.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think I just came to the realization that there's point in me playing these games anymore.
>.> Don't let playing me make you think that. Makoto is just nerve racking to fight once she hits you.

Not to mention I have THOUSANDS of fighting game hours under my belt. Progress doesn't happen over night.

One thing you need to learn, and you'll get a million times better is a full combo off noels overhead

>.> Don't let playing me make you think that. Makoto is just nerve racking to fight once she hits you.

I've had no issues with anyone I've ever played against.

I don't have problems with losing to anyone but myself. If I could share my thoughts with you you would understand but I wouldn't subject anyone to that kind of torture.

I can't help what I am.

I'm just going to leave things alone before I shit up the thread even further.

Rhapsody

Banned

I don't have problems with losing to anyone but myself. If I could share my thoughts with you you would understand but I wouldn't subject anyone to that kind of torture.

I can't help what I am.

I mean if you ever have questions or need help, just ask here or PM either one of us.

I don't mind if it's even a question to beat my character's stuff,my playstyle, or weaknesses I see.

I practically wrote short essays to some people that have asked for help in the past. Whether they were helpful or not, I don't know lol
But I'm willing to do it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL john stop trying to tech roll vs mak orbs xD

I never actually got to practice hitting someone who messed that up before so this just helped me big time thanks :D
I mean if you ever have questions or need help, just ask here or PM either one of us.

Yup, I'm always glad to help in any way

Uraizen

Banned

I can't help what I am.

Why not play with me and my friends? Our group has varying skill gaps between each other. Only problem is you'll have to wait until the NA release to play with some of them. It's more fun when you find somebody on your skill level to play and level up together. A little tough love can be good, but very discouraging after a while.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Nu has three overheads: 4B which hits mid-close(it retains dash momentum), TK Crescent which hits mid, and 4D which is for long range (all other Ds are listed Block All). 4D can be dangerous because if they dash forward instead of hanging back you're fucked. You need to make sure they won't.

Anyway, it's actually best to NOT be in Nu/Lambda's face, but just outside the range of her normals and too close for anything else to be effective. There you can absolutely bully her. :/

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
When are we gonna play Hito? I could use some Nu exp and I'm sure you could use the how to deal with rush down exp :p
When I have a Nu to play I'll be happy to!

By the way, I know a decent Ragna who has given me quite a bit of rushdown experience. Tears moreso.

Uraizen

Banned
Guys, I need a sensei for Guilty Gear Xrd. Assume I know nothing so I can correct my own misunderstandings. ... And more importantly, is there even a GG Xrd OT where we can talk about it?

Keasar

Quick not-really-important question, me and a friend had disagreement about Makoto's fighting style, he said she fights in a generic tonfa fighting style, my opinion is she is using a western boxing style with a mix of others, since she uses her legs and tail for a few attacks. What is she using?

Uraizen

Banned

My qualifications are #Reload on the Xbox, AC on the PS2, +R on the Vita, and being good at not knowing what the fuck I should be doing in them. *shrugs* No competition! Now we'll have one with (hopefully) good netcode. Not a bad time to learn when it's out, uh?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Quick not-really-important question, me and a friend had disagreement about Makoto's fighting style, he said she fights in a generic tonfa fighting style, my opinion is she is using a western boxing style with a mix of others (since she uses her legs for air B (or maybe it was C) and her tail). What is she using?
Squirrel Fu

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My qualifications are #Reload on the Xbox, AC on the PS2, +R on the Vita, and being good at not knowing what the fuck I should be doing in them. *shrugs* No competition! Now we'll have one with (hopefully) good netcode. Not a bad time to learn when it's out, uh?

Ah, yup. I'll help with whatever when the time comes :p

Pics_nao

What's up guys?
Had the game since launch but hardly played online due to horrible execution as well as a general lack of proper fundamentals.

I won't be able to play with you guys until the weekend but does anyone have any tips on how to get better overall and as a Hazama player? Any help would be appreciated.

Uraizen

Banned
What's up guys?
Had the game since launch but hardly played online due to horrible execution as well as a general lack of proper fundamentals.

I won't be able to play with you guys until the weekend but does anyone have any tips on how to get better overall and as a Hazama player? Any help would be appreciated.

For this part, I would wait until the next balance patch in May. Apparently most of his BnBs don't work anymore, so you would be learning combos that won't work in three months max.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What's up guys?

Learn how to use his chains to move around the stage, Learn how to hit confirm a chain hit into combo, learn his pressure strings, learn how to maximize damage off of houtenjin, Learn how to go into his special stance and when to move with it to confuse people

For this part, I would wait until the next balance patch in May. Apparently most of his BnBs don't work anymore, so you would be learning combos that won't work in three months max.

Learning combos now isn't a bad thing, even if the current stuff doesn't work he gains the execution required to do stuff in the future.

Uraizen

Banned
Learning combos now isn't a bad thing, even if the current stuff doesn't work he gains the execution required to do stuff in the future.

True, I suppose he just shouldn't rely on the j.C loops. Learning that 5A link and then not having much use for it after the patch would piss me off, though.

i can get bodied for 30 minutes or so

e: ggs q

wasn't as bad as i thought it'd be

i'm reminded that it's been a long time since i've fought a makoto though

Rhapsody

Banned
Two midterms, two programming assignments, and two homework assignments this week was not what I needed. :|

I wish I had the time to play, but I'm too busy procrastinating and surfing the web finishing all this up.

Top Bottom