• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

RoeBear

You see, in the midst of letting Mr. Roe-Bear use me as is punching bag, I stumbled upon this dude.

Caught him with the counter super that fatal'd him for about half health
completely on accident

sogood.gif

It's too late.

His play style is just so strange with the delayed hits and stuff. He does make bursting useless against himself, similar to Jin.

Gotta be really careful with counter super though. Easily grabbed and stuff, but I'm prone to be mashy so I get hit with it and look dumb.

RoeBear

Yeah it was super weird, you were in front of me the whole time, then we both land and I punch AWAY from you

Yeah...
If I fought a Carl I'd probably do worse than anyone on here.

Playing earlier, I think my Terumi wins feel so hollow. Jin wins are starting to get there too as I think I just auto pilot the same combos over and over again. I guess when you play a character that requires more "skill" auto pilot characters just don't feel good. idk.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah...
If I fought a Carl I'd probably do worse than anyone on here.

Playing earlier, I think my Terumi wins feel so hollow. Jin wins are starting to get there too as I think I just auto pilot the same combos over and over again. I guess when you play a character that requires more "skill" auto pilot characters just don't feel good. idk.

Pretty much, you feel like you are not really being creative and out smarting people

RoeBear

Pretty much, you feel like you are not really being creative and out smarting people

Yeah, It's like when you get a cross up or a meaty overhead. You know you out thought the other person.

Still nothing feels as good as blocking a burst. I guess that's why Apollojoh always baits em.

Edit: dang that lag. More time to tech that throw than a purple grab.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's just so silly how neutral with Kokonoe doesn't really feel like neutral in the current game lol. Been figuring out what stuff I need to change or add to my game this week. Neutral, maximizing combos better, and mixups are coming along quite nicely.

After the patch though, I'm pretty sure I'll still use Kokonoe. I really do like the playstyle itself.
Rachel will still be my number 1 character though, even in this version, imo.

This has Zen United all over it, guess Europe can expect this late this year or early next and that will probs have a knock on effect to P4A2 assuming we even get that.

RoeBear

It's just so silly how neutral with Kokonoe doesn't really feel like neutral in the current game lol. Been figuring out what stuff I need to change or add to my game this week. Neutral, maximizing combos better, and mixups are coming along quite nicely.

After the patch though, I'm pretty sure I'll still use Kokonoe. I really do like the playstyle itself.
Rachel will still be my number 1 character though, even in this version, imo.

I like Kokonoe's play style as well, but with how she is I'd feel dirty picking her. She reminds me a lot of Naoto.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kokonoe's a good design, the problem is they just said HEY CHECK OUT ALL THESE COOL IDEAS and stopped there when designing the character

RoeBear

Damn her recovery on OD 5D!!!!

Q gonna head to the gym my preworkout I took is killing me. I'll be back in probably hour and a half.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damn her recovery on OD 5D!!!!

It should always be that way, and brb need to take some pain killers and stuff

Q gonna head to the gym my preworkout I took is killing me. I'll be back in probably hour and a half.

Ok, just message here again when you are back. If I'm still up I'll be down for some more. Though I should probably sleep.

Edit: ok I got a 6.7k OD combo with mak now time for bed xD

RoeBear

Oh well just got home. I'm the worst at estimating time spent at the gym.

I'm still itching to play if anyone is up. Got some time to burn before I go pick up Tales of Symphonia this morning.

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't want to sound smug but that was awesome.

Edit: My arrogance :(

You can't safe jump Mu's DP :(

At least not until next version.

Edit: Going to do one more round tonight/until I lose. gtg get dinner

Edit: GGs, guys. That was a bit more fraudulent than usual lol

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah, seems like I couldn't even get a decent connection with a friend that's in my neighborhood.

It was definitely something on my end.

cj_iwakura

My Evo practice sessions have begun, the amount of good it'll do is questionable though... lot of Platinums today.

I need to find some better uses for Tsubaki's Charges.

Top Bottom