• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
He gets it to like 3.6k fairly consistently.
Is it the flippy attack into j.c, j.2c. or the j.c into 66 5b combo?

Second one is GODLIKE for set ups if you learn it though it requires a lot more work. Lots of spacing perfect and charged stien set ups mid combo

FluxWaveZ

You get her 4k meter free bnb down yet? :D

Er, probably not? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to any of the more relatively complex combos with her.

I think I'm getting worse, with Carl at least. Getting too impatient, and trying to force things. I just get too heated. Also that last match wasn't sure what was happening. I could have sworn I pressed grab but a crush trigger came out. I'm just gonna say my stick messed up.

Yeah, either you started getting more impatient during the last few matches or I started backing off more, but I did feel that I was doing better against your Carl than I was at the start.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Er, probably not? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to any of the more relatively complex combos with her.
Picked it up off Dustloop last week

6b/5b CH: > 6c > Tachi > j.2d > ABDC > :j.c > 662b(/5b) > 5c > 5[D] > j.b > j.c > j.2c > j.5[D] > ADC > j.c > 665c(/6a) > 2c > j.c > d.jb > j.2c = 3515-4624/25-33 (Spacing specific)

You can start with a CH 5C as well.

ABDC = air back dash cancel
ADC = air dash cancel
() = other option for that part
5[D] means to charge the stein

Really fun combo to learn, learned it the other night. Works vs everyone I tried it on. The 66 5B in that combo actually helped me get down Mak's 2D 66 5CC on carl.

Edit: Btw anyone down for some games?

FluxWaveZ

Picked it up off Dustloop last week

6b/5b CH: > 6c > Tachi > j.2d > ABDC > :j.c > 662b(/5b) > 5c > 5[D] > j.b > j.c > j.2c > j.5[D] > ADC > j.c > 665c(/6a) > 2c > j.c > d.jb > j.2c = 3515-4624/25-33 (Spacing specific)

Well, that sounds hella complicated for the level of commitment I've put in, heh. Sure, guess I should put in some time to try to learn stuff like it in training mode.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well, that sounds hella complicated for the level of commitment I've put in, heh. Sure, guess I should put in some time to try to learn stuff like it in training mode.

It's not as bad as it looks honestly. But it's def one of those sooner you get it down the better type things.

Just take it one step at a time.

Like for instance learning the j.c into 66 5b part. That part alone could take you awhile to get down but once you got it you got it for good and it will carry over to other characters that require dashes in combos.

The important thing to remember for those is after the 66 basically let off the pad or stick when and press 5B right away. Like you are literally doing 3 fast single inputs one after another. If you do it right most of the time you wont even see your character enter the dashing stance and just slide forward attacking

The freaking mak vs carl one is something silly along the lines of a 2 or 3 frame link from what I can tell so that one took me awhile to get down but my constancy went up big time thanks to the mu practice.

Edit: for the charge stein stuff it's something you get a feel for, but generally the millisecond the animation starts for the charge version you can jump cancel out and it will still be a charged one

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok, adept at zoning out Tager again. Now to work on normal difficulty opponents.

Landed 5DD 66 Astral, probably on CH. Purple throw but he mashed the tech.

Press select :p

GG's her items online are pretty annoying xD

there's no select on my keyboard though ._.

yea ggs, i have so much trouble doing anything i'm surprised i could even take rounds lol

you were dealing with her items fine

if anything, i was surprised you were getting hit with bubble when you were

Rhapsody

Banned
Rewatched my stream match on the archives. I really could've had it and possibly made it to top 16 with that momentum. I dropped some crucial combos and missed some optimal things. Also shouldn't have gone for the blockstring setup on one match.

Beats

GGs Milk. Not really sure how to reliably get out of the corner with Tsubaki/Izayoi when you're doing that blockstring into the bubble with Platinum. >.<

ggs everyone i've played this weekend

i don't know why, but i'm really struggling to wrap my head around doing a proper combo in game ._.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm a bit burned out, haha. My finals are over around the 18th or so, so I'll probably start playing more around then.

I might lab and learn a new character between that time. Maybe Tager again or Hazama.

And although I use both characters, shoutouts to Kokonoe beating Rachel in SCR GFs :\

As long as your enjoyment from playing her doesn't come solely from her un-blockable setup I think you'll be fine.

I'm not planning on going to EVO but I'm learning Izayoi at the moment. I'm currently trying to iron out the air loops and back to back DP's on her 2 normal mode BNB's that I have right now.

Once I have those ironed out I should be fine in real matches for a while. I've learned that going for the advanced stuff right off the bat is a bad idea. You end up with too much information to translate in actual games.

Rhapsody

Banned
As long as your enjoyment from playing her doesn't come solely from her un-blockable setup I think you'll be fine.

I'm not planning on going to EVO but I'm learning Izayoi at the moment. I'm currently trying to iron out the air loops and back to back DP's on her 2 normal mode BNB's that I have right now.

Once I have those ironed out I should be fine in real matches for a while. I've learned that going for the advanced stuff right off the bat is a bad idea. You end up with too much information to translate in actual games.

Have fun. She's a pretty neat character. I learned her for a bit on the side a month ago.

Her corner throw combo is pretty cool in normal mode. You get all stocks from it, but no oki.

Rhapsody

Banned
Do you have the notation for it? Depending on how difficult it is I might be able to learn it next time I play.

Corner throw into 236B > 214B > 623C > 214C > 623B > 214B > 623C

I'm pretty sure that's it. It's not hard, but it just takes a bit for muscle memory to get inputs down.

There's some fun gimmicks Izayoi has. One of the easier ones is TK her Noir Edge (since it hits high) in Gain Arts mode. So 2369C press D for the follow up, then RC asap and combo off of it by 2C into whatever. If they block it, you're going to have to RC to stay safe though.

If you're ever ready for more advice with Izayoi, I can tell you. I just don't want to overwhelm you with some of her other stuff like pressure tools.

I keep forgetting the game is coming out at the end of March... whenever this thread pops up I get excited and about ready to head to my local GameStop :( Can't wait to try all the new moves and see the snow stage for myself!

Corner throw into 236B > 214B > 623C > 214C > 623B > 214B > 623C

I'm pretty sure that's it. It's not hard, but it just takes a bit for muscle memory to get inputs down.

There's some fun gimmicks Izayoi has. One of the easier ones is TK her Noir Edge (since it hits high) in Gain Arts mode. So 2369C press D for the follow up, then RC asap and combo off of it by 2C into whatever. If they block it, you're going to have to RC to stay safe though.

If you're ever ready for more advice with Izayoi, I can tell you. I just don't want to overwhelm you with some of her other stuff like pressure tools.

That looks pretty effective for getting max stocks. I'm probably going to leave that for later since I'm already trying to work on just getting two BNB's down. The throw combo I have should suffice for now till I'm ready to replace it for that one.

One thing I really like about Izayoi is how you can combo into her Astral just from a 5C or throw. :p

Definitely going to make use of that when I get the chance.

As for Gain Arts mode I have one generic combo for that that does about 3k. I'll keep the TK Noir Edge bit in mind.

welcome back!

Thanks. I just needed a bit of time to get back on my feet. :p

Top Bottom