• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Thanks for the comments guys. Does the change in hitstun affect how quickly you have to complete a combo? Doing the challenges on CSE, my main problem with the longer ones is how occasionally you have to pause for a brief instant before going on with the next move. My muscle memory just wants to do it all in one quick go at the same speed!

Actually on the topic of the challenges, are they often seen in competitive matches? I can pull off some (usually getting stuck around the 7th challenge) but not with any great frequency and hardly at all in the heat of battle.

I know i'm not that great at the game, but some seem so lengthy that i wonder if they're exactly as they say - just difficult challenges, and not really that valuable in terms of an actual fight? Or are the masters of the game just that good? It's a far cry from when i was a kid learning/struggling to do a single shoryuken, now there's about 5 of those and all the other motions in one go!

Rhapsody

Banned
Thanks for the comments guys. Does the change in hitstun affect how quickly you have to complete a combo? Doing the challenges on CSE, my main problem with the longer ones is how occasionally you have to pause for a brief instant before going on with the next move. My muscle memory just wants to do it all in one quick go at the same speed!

Actually on the topic of the challenges, are they often seen in competitive matches? I can pull off some (usually getting stuck around the 7th challenge) but not with any great frequency and hardly at all in the heat of battle.

I know i'm not that great at the game, but some seem so lengthy that i wonder if they're exactly as they say - just difficult challenges, and not really that valuable in terms of an actual fight? Or are the masters of the game just that good? It's a far cry from when i was a kid learning/struggling to do a single shoryuken, now there's about 5 of those and all the other motions in one go!
The hitstop will mean you have to pause less, so this'll end up as a good thing for you.

The challenges are pretty good this time. Console release was way after the arcade so they were able to get practical combos in that players use. The combos won't all be the most optimal, but a lot of them are close to what you'll see for a lot of characters, and will give you a good idea on how a character should be played. I'd say maybe the last 3-5 challenges are a test while everything before it can help you learn the character.

This doesn't really apply to DLC characters and Kagura though. Their challenges aren't close to optimal since they didn't have arcade players explore what they could do yet.

I don't think i'll have to worry about the DLC characters, i'm gonna have to import the US version and iirc that means i can't get them (on AU PSN). Thanks for the info though, i hope you're right about the combos for me!

Gonna keep playing Extend until it's out, hopefully i'll be good enough for a few online matches by then :)

KiteGr

Not sure if you're joking. It's already been dis-proven with Kokonoe.
I know... and its also old...
I just hoped that it was refering to the western release or something.
Otherwise it would serve as food for a really nice rant if any dev/publisher said that.

RoeBear

I know... and its also old...
I just hoped that it was refering to the western release or something.
Otherwise it would serve as food for a really nice rant if any dev/publisher said that.

Western release is exactly like JP release. If you preorder you get Terumi and that's it. No extra DLC colors, announcers or Kokonoe.
People waited only to be able to read :/

KiteGr

Anyone not playing Dark Souls?

Me nether... With the recent graphical downgrades being revealed, I've decided to wait for a future (possibly PS4) edition that will include the upcomming unanounced DLCs on the disk.

Same goes for BlazBlue: CP though...
I'm gota wait 3-9 months for the European version anyway, so I might as well wait a little more for the whole pachage!
Especially since I'm one of those guys who like collecting games as much as playing them, and DLC has no collection value, even if it's free.

Waiting for better editions worked wonders with Arkham City and Injustice and I still regret not doing it for Street Fighter, BlazBlue:CS, Dragon's Dogma, Deus Ex: HR, Mortal Combat and Marvel vs Capcom.

Fool me once.. Shame on you!
Fool me twice.. Shame on me!
Fool me 6 times... Fuck you!

Now if only they release a complite edition of SFxT any time soon... I'm still waiting for that one you know!

legit_patience.jpg

Rhapsody

Banned
Just saw the changes for Mu and the others. ASW nerfing Negative Penalty Resistance on the top three characters that had the most resistance (Nu, Mu, and Rachel). A bit disappointed. I don't think I should have the same resistance as 1.1 Ragna. :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just saw the changes for Mu and the others. ASW nerfing Negative Penalty Resistance on the top three characters that had the most resistance (Nu, Mu, and Rachel). A bit disappointed. I don't think I should have the same resistance as 1.1 Ragna. :/

Well Mu doesn't really give a shit because she can just do 66 754 to completely ignore negative penalty. She's always done that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, pretty much the NP change for Mu didn't do much. It was pretty weird how she was tied for highest to begin with.

Yup, I didn't even know her's was that high. I don't get why they nerfed Nu's though.

Rachel is hybridish so it shouldn't be too bad. Only one that would really suffer from it is Nu but she can sorta do what Mu does as well just not as well.

Haven't played a Blazblue game since CT and man, lots of things have changed. Jin seems to have changed a lot since then.

Is dustloop still the place to go for info or is there somewhere better now? I'm thinking of maining Izayoi.

redhairedking

Haven't played a Blazblue game since CT and man, lots of things have changed. Jin seems to have changed a lot since then.

Is dustloop still the place to go for info or is there somewhere better now? I'm thinking of maining Izayoi.

As far as I know dustloop is still the best place to go, though I am relatively new to the scene so someone may know better

Uraizen

Banned
I dunno, I like this OT. Can't we just change the title or something?

EDIT: Since nobody has posted since I have, this is going to be a bit weird.

I saw the nico stream and apparently Hazama still has loops. Also, Terumi can do 5D > 6B > 6D now, LOL!

Ken

I dunno, I like this OT. Can't we just change the title or something?

EDIT: Since nobody has posted since I have, this is going to be a bit weird.

I saw the nico stream and apparently Hazama still has loops. Also, Terumi can do 5D > 6B > 6D now, LOL!

I can update the OP with NA stuff if people want that.

Anyone down for a western release OT?

Also, $50 is a lot for a incremental sequel, especially with the inevitable Chrono Phantasma II, and than Chrono Phantasma Extreme coming afterward!

Wish it was $39.99.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anyone down for a western release OT?

Also, $50 is a lot for a incremental sequel, especially with the inevitable Chrono Phantasma II, and than Chrono Phantasma Extreme coming afterward!

Wish it was $39.99.

40 would be nice I agree, though I don't see BB getting a new version til next year if at all for a while.

cj_iwakura

Would anyone who's finished the story mode like to assist or maybe contribute some pretty CP/Six Heroes/Sector 7 banners?

I haven't played it, but I know the gist, so I came up with a rough summation that I wouldn't mind someone going over.

Ken

updated the op with a few NA stuff and links and a story section. i'll ask a mod tomorrow to change the thread title.

cj_iwakura

I made a small mistake about the Six Heroes roster; Jubei should be there instead of Celica. (I have no idea why she's in CP, but I look forward to finding out.)

Anyone getting the LE? I'm tempted, but we'll see. This is also Deception (I)V Week.

Top Bottom