• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not on my end just checked

lag always fucks up my bnbs D:
I go to training and do it at the same times I was doing them to you online and everything is coming out too early on the golfswings :lol

RoeBear

It is probably my net even though I just checked and it's fine. Not sure what's going on.

Yup, I'm chocking online. I'm getting optimal stuff in training but I just am too scared and just messing up inputs online.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It is probably my net even though I just checked and it's fine. Not sure what's going on.

Yup, I'm chocking online. I'm getting optimal stuff in training but I just am too scared and just messing up inputs online.

Damn oh well x.x/ We can probably get some games in tomorrow.

So I just found out the other day that if you disable replays in the options menu you don't have to stare at the after win/loss screen for 10+ seconds.

It finishes loading in about 1-2 seconds then you can just press any button to skip the rest immediately.

Wish I had known this before.

RoeBear

So I just found out the other day that if you disable replays in the options menu you don't have to stare at the after win/loss screen for 10+ seconds.

It finishes loading in about 1-2 seconds then you can just press any button to skip the rest immediately.

Wish I had known this before.

If you're in a room don't you still sit there if your opponent hasn't done the same? I like having the replays though.

If you're in a room don't you still sit there if your opponent hasn't done the same? I like having the replays though.

I've never actually looked at my replays before so I figured I would just turn it off.

For best game-to game speed both people would need to turn it off.

I'm hoping they have this sorted with GGXrd. Replays shouldn't increase the load time between matches. Ideally in online modes there would be very little time in-between each match, so as not to break up the pace, similar to local play.

FluxWaveZ

Ack, I tried to do her 632146D super at the end of round 1 and 2, but I keep messing that up.

GGs, though. Someone I haven't played against for a while just invited me so I'll leave for now, but I'd like to face you again sooner than later.

RoeBear

Ack, I tried to do her 632146D super at the end of round 1 and 2, but I keep messing that up.

GGs, though. Someone I haven't played against for a while just invited me so I'll leave for now, but I'd like to face you again sooner than later.

Yeah GGs just send an invite if you see me on. I've been really trying to improve lately.

Edit: GGs Hitokage, and Sorry platinum just saw your message. I might play some more in a few hours though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Flux: Seeing you choke away two rounds in a row was painful to watch.

RoeBear: It's funny how with the changes to Luna mode you can't just use it as a crutch. Nice to get exposure to other members of the cast though. You may have noticed but that Jin was somebody else playing.

RoeBear

Roebear learning Nu? Respect. I only have a Day 3 Nu. So many combos involving 3 or so mode changes.

Nope not me. I keep trying to learn Amane but I get too lazy and just mash drill. I do finally have some OD enders for Carl down along with the 46D charge 6C combos.

Just tell me if you need another invite.

Vanilla you've definitely leveled up. You're playing so much more patient. I know you haven't been playing Izayoi long but I think she fits with you better for sure!

Thanks. I've been trying to increase my mobility and preventing myself from pressing buttons while blocking which was a major problem I had before.

What I need to work on now is confirming combo's. I actually almost managed a full one during one of our matches but I dropped the DD at the end since I don't have the timing on that down 100%.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm learning Terumi again. And trying to learn things properly. So much damage off of N Starters, I just need to find ways to get opponents to respect my pressure.

Rhapsody

Banned
He's not lacking pressure at all. It's just can you stand not ending with a bad move ie 6C.

Also have a little room up if anyone wants in?

Edit: hold on Rhapsody gonna reset my net.

I'll do the same actually

Edit: Just send another invite and I'll hop on

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, guys. That was fun. I guess one month became 1 week before netplaying again. lol
Struggled on quite a few matchups/people, but I have a good idea on what I need to work on.

Going to try and level up my Terumi and eventually Tager when I get the time too.

I've got the Vita CSE (my first BlazBlue experience)... although i find the fighting a bit chaotic, and some of the longer combos too strict for their own good, i've got my money's worth because of the large amount of content/modes. Plus i really enjoy the visuals and sound on their own, so i'm considering picking up CP for Vita as well.

What's a general summary of the differences in gameplay for CP compared to CSE?
I know of most of the changes on face value, but was wondering if people thought it felt better/worse, faster/slower, easier/harder, changed much/not at all etc

Uraizen

Banned
I've got the Vita CSE (my first BlazBlue experience)... although i find the fighting a bit chaotic, and some of the longer combos too strict for their own good, i've got my money's worth because of the large amount of content/modes. Plus i really enjoy the visuals and sound on their own, so i'm considering picking up CP for Vita as well.

I know of most of the changes on face value, but was wondering if people thought it felt better/worse, faster/slower, easier/harder, changed much/not at all etc

Better, faster, same (imo), and changed a lot.

RoeBear

New Game Mechanics
  • Gold Break Bursts and Guard Primers have been removed. Overdrive and Crush trigger take their places.
  • Overdrive provides increased attack power and character-specific benefits with duration being based on current HP. The timer is also paused during Overdrive. Performed with A+B+C+D.
  • Crush Trigger allows players to break the opponent's guard by using 25% heat. Can be barrier blocked, but Crush Triggers can also be delayed. Performed using 5A+B.
  • Bursts now regenerate instead of being a preset number per match.
  • Hitstop has been lessened and combos are intended to be shorter/faster.
  • Just holding A can be used to tech.

^From the OP

It seems faster due to shorter hitstun even though it actually isn't faster.

In general matches can end faster due to OD.

Rhapsody

Banned
To be correct, it's hitstop. Whenever the game freezes everytime a hit happens.

I'm glad for the change. Played CS1 a couple weeks ago and that felt awful (just like CS1 Rachel).

I think it's better, faster, and slightly harder. Only slightly since combos and hit confirming are a tiny bit more difficulty with the hit stop changes.
Although it's easier because you're allowed to tech by holding a button.

Top Bottom