• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

vocab

For amane, is the two hits from 5c/6c/4c something you input twice (5CC) or is it a timing thing that makes it hit twice automatically?

I see nothing on the wiki about it

RoeBear

For amane, is the two hits from 5c/6c/4c something you input twice (5CC) or is it a timing thing that makes it hit twice automatically?

I think it's just where the hurt box is on the enemy. Like if they're too far away it won't connect twice. Q would probably know for sure since he knows more about Amane than I do.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

It hit's around the knot part of the move, it's a single input. It hits once going out and once coming back. Some combos require you to only use one hit of it as the second hits of those moves draw the opponent close to you.

3Kaze

Finally got the platinum trophy, I couldn't get the 1st dan trophy because I didn't find anyone in ranked. And games against US players aren't as laggy as I thought, maybe I should try to play with you guys.

RoeBear

Finally got the platinum trophy, I couldn't get the 1st dan trophy because I didn't find anyone in ranked. And games against US players aren't as laggy as I thought, maybe I should try to play with you guys.

Congrats! So glad this didn't have an impossible trophy list like P4A (beat score attack with everyone).

I have a room up right now if anyone else wants in.

RoeBear

Thanks. Well, Blazblue games have pretty easy trophy lists.
Room still up?

Yeah I sent an invite to the PSN in your profile but I'll send another.

Edit: GGs Misogi and 3Kaze. There's a latency issue with fighting you 3Kaze so I couldn't even do stuff unless I played Jin. I assume it's because you're in Europe so it's understandable.

OceanBlue

Just got back from the CEO Prequel thing. Went 2-2 which was pretty nice :D. Apparently most of the South Florida people didn't come, though, since we only had 14 entrants this monthly and the last one had around 30 or something.

RoeBear

I somehow totally missed that while I was getting my ass kicked.

Give me a second.

Edit: Holy shit when did our connection become a 3 bar

It'll dip at some point my connection has been spotty.

GGs Solarknight and sorry for the hiccups I realize it can be annoying but nothing I've done has been able to fix it.

Welp, that was a good start for me but then it quickly returned to the usual me being a punching bag for the puppets.

GGs that was fun, and I didn't really notice the lag spikes much at important times tbh

RoeBear

Welp, that was a good start for me but then it quickly returned to the usual me being a punching bag for the puppets.

GGs that was fun, and I didn't really notice the lag spikes much at important times tbh

Yeah Carl's worst match ups are Rachel, Mu, and obviously Koko. I usually can't stand it so I switch to Relius or Jin.

Glad the lag didn't bother you too much. It's getting on my nerves cause win or lose I feel like I'm cheating.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah I seriously don't get wtf Carl is supposed to do against Mu really. I mean sure once you get her pinned down she can get blown up but uh yeah good luck.

Reverend

Neo Member
This is my first Arcsys game, and the jury is still out for me. The combination of new systems, different feel, and the artstyle are turning me off, but there's a lot of depth here that keeps me coming back.

Astral

Man how do you guys deal with combo amnesia? Once I get into a real match I forget almost every combo I just practiced.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Man how do you guys deal with combo amnesia? Once I get into a real match I forget almost every combo I just practiced.

I can do most combo 7/10 in practice mode, but it never came out right in the real match.

I found that practicing the combo in arcade mode (on highest difficulty) helps.

Rhapsody

Banned

Don't just practice on a standing/crouching opponent. Set it to a CPU for a bit or try arcade mode every now and then if you're just starting a character.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So I just spent 30 min practicing a combo, never got it to land, after a bit of rage. I went back into the guide and found out I was reading the "corner combo" section and trying to preform them mid screen.

Uraizen

Banned
So I just spent 30 min practicing a combo, never got it to land, after a bit of rage. I went back into the guide and found out I was reading the "corner combo" section and trying to preform them mid screen.

I had something like that happen to me once and realized the combo was character specific.

FSLink

Banned
I can do most combo 7/10 in practice mode, but it never came out right in the real match.

I found that practicing the combo in arcade mode (on highest difficulty) helps.

I always do it on normal difficulty since on highest they're just input reading, and I'm basically only use arcade mode as a way to have a moving opponent who blocks sometimes.

Uraizen

Banned
I just practice one combo at a time in real matches, and I always go for that combo when I can.

Heh, that sounds pretty close to what I do. I'm not worried about winning against friends. I just give myself a small goal for each round like trying out a setup or landing a combo.

Astral

You have like 24 frames to tech xD

I can never tech those. I fucking hate them too. They always throw me off. The action just suddenly stops and it leaves me confused. By the time I realize I was grabbed it's too late. I've teched A LOT more green grabs than purple grabs.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I can never tech those. I fucking hate them too. They always throw me off. The action just suddenly stops and it leaves me confused. By the time I realize I was grabbed it's too late. I've teched A LOT more green grabs than purple grabs.

Always keep your fingers primed and ready for a grab. At higher level play it doesn't happen often but sometimes it will as a SURPRISE type thing.

Guys does the PS4 controller work with this game? I can't go back to the PS3 controller after using that lovely D-pad. Also don't know if I can justify a PS3 arcade stick at the moment...even if the Hori V3 is tempting me at $60 (I played my fighting games on 360 this whole generation, so that's where my stick is)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Guys does the PS4 controller work with this game? I can't go back to the PS3 controller after using that lovely D-pad. Also don't know if I can justify a PS3 arcade stick at the moment...even if the Hori V3 is tempting me at $60 (I played my fighting games on 360 this whole generation, so that's where my stick is)

Since I needed to turn it on to install it anyways so I tried it out on training mode and the game works perfectly with the DS4. I'm sticking with my stick though.

Top Bottom