• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Narroo

So after some time in arcade mode, getting the feel for the game again and learning some new characters, I have to say a lot of the jumps feel very floaty now, at least compared to Extend.

When I was trying out Jin I noticed how drastically the moveset has changed. It basically feels like a new character now. Amane seems like he would be capable of a lot of full-screen cheese. Terumi's meter gain is crazy fast. So much has changed, not that I was ever a top tier player or anything, but I'm really back to basics.

Also, man I suck.

The main change with Jin, I felt, was the removal of the different meterless versions of Ice-Car and Ice-Hadoken. That, and the change to his Chung-Li special to a proper command special. It threw me though a loop.

The rest of his properties changed to.

Pics_nao

Since Hazama still has his 3C > 214D~66B in 1.1, how in the hell do I link it now? I can do it in the corner no problem but I can get more damage off of something else in the corner <_<

Pejo

The main change with Jin, I felt, was the removal of the different meterless versions of Ice-Car and Ice-Hadoken. That, and the change to his Chung-Li special to a proper command special. It threw me though a loop.

The rest of his properties changed to.

Yea i agree, everything you do with Jin has to be very deliberate now. Not a bad change, and I love the new air slash he got.

So as i expected, after trying out all of the characters (except Kagura that I haven't unlocked yet), i'm sticking with Relius. Now only to git gud.

thundr51

Any bullet players around? While watching several streams noticed I hadn't seen many Bullets so decided to give her a try and couldn't make it past her 9th trial. Seems like an interesting character and I like rushdown characters but those 720s :( make me sad. Any tips for pulling those off?

Do the 720 during a jump so you that it is done by the time you land and you only have to press the button, then just mash the fuck out of the 360s

vocab

Any bullet players around? While watching several streams noticed I hadn't seen many Bullets so decided to give her a try and couldn't make it past her 9th trial. Seems like an interesting character and I like rushdown characters but those 720s :( make me sad. Any tips for pulling those off?

720's are just practice. you can do them off an empty jump or wake up so there's that. I woulnt worry about dashing 720s until you learn everything else because everything else is much more important. Dash 720s is an end game kind of goal, so I wouldn't focus on that.

I honestly think the biggest obstacle when it comes to playing bullet is that her movement is just so janky. Learn how to deal with that, and being able to stay in someones face will get your further. Id probably play the hell out of this character but the movement is just so god damn annoying. It's like Makoto (SF) levels of bad, but add in the fact that other characters have run dashes. You just can't out maneuver them without truly understanding that character.

Astral

I forgot how much of a pain in the ass it was to practice in training mode. Uuuuuugh. Izayoi seems so confusing to me. I keep confusing the inputs for the attacks and the teleports. It's really annoying. I hear I shouldn't really bother much with Izayoi though since she's apparently really bad or something.

thundr51

I forgot how much of a pain in the ass it was to practice in training mode. Uuuuuugh. Izayoi seems so confusing to me. I keep confusing the inputs for the attacks and the teleports. It's really annoying. I hear I shouldn't really bother much with Izayoi though since she's apparently really bad or something.

If you're not careful the teleports WILL get you killed. 90% of the time you'll need to either do 214A (in place) , 214B (forward) or 214D (behind opp.) in combos. Haven't found much use for 214C. I like Izayoi as well but I thinking of switching characters as I can't do her 623B very well. I need to go back online and play but... 'dat lag.

Thinking of going back to Tsubaki or trying Bullet but I normally make it point to be able to at least do all of the characters moves before trying to learn them.

Shouta

Don't worry about her 720. It's not a super good tool until the patch hits because of the cost in meter to do the full thing.

It's important to focus on A) Movement, like vocab said, B) knowing what combos you can use for where you and how to convert into them off stray hits. Also maintaining your Heat is important because it give Bullet access to her burst damage combos. C) Know how to defend yourself and counterattack against what's coming at you in the game.

For reference, when she has Heat, the speed and distance she travels during a forward dash is different, so that can mess with the timing of follow-up combos but makes it easier to get on the ground.

thundr51

Don't worry about her 720. It's not a super good tool until the patch hits because of the cost in meter to do the full thing.

It's important to focus on A) Movement, like vocab said, B) knowing what combos you can use for where you and how to convert into them off stray hits. Also maintaining your Heat is important because it give Bullet access to her burst damage combos. C) Know how to defend yourself and counterattack against what's coming at you in the game.

For reference, when she has Heat, the speed and distance she travels during a forward dash is different, so that can mess with the timing of follow-up combos but makes it easier to get on the ground.

720's are just practice. you can do them off an empty jump or wake up so there's that. I woulnt worry about dashing 720s until you learn everything else because everything else is much more important. Dash 720s is an end game kind of goal, so I wouldn't focus on that.

I honestly think the biggest obstacle when it comes to playing bullet is that her movement is just so janky. Learn how to deal with that, and being able to stay in someones face will get your further. Id probably play the hell out of this character but the movement is just so god damn annoying. It's like Makoto (SF) levels of bad, but add in the fact that other characters have run dashes. You just can't out maneuver them without truly understanding that character.

Ok, maybe i'll give Bullet another go after the patch and stick with Izayoi for now. Her 2 dashes are kinda annoying but at least I've gotten a pretty good handle on them.

cj_iwakura

Poor Mu's lines though. I want crazy Mu back. They took the voice filter off and I think maybe even re-recorded her lines to take the edge off.

Also, her intro and finishing quotes don't fit her poses anymore.

Sigh, Mu used to be cool. Now it's a half-naked Noel.

Well, she's no longer crazy, so yeah.

Naite

Any Canadians here got their LE? Or just the regular game, for that matter??

I'm still waiting, just sent an angry tweet to Aksys.

The EBgames that's between my work and home had some copies of it yesterday. I was planning on getting it at noon but they ran out last night. Too lazy to drive all the way to the other stores. So now I gotta still wait on amazon.

I'm likely going to just cancel it and get the digital version.

EDIT: Nvm, it looks like amazon finally has some stock and is preparing my order.

vocab

Wow the skill gap on ranked is insane. Quake 3 levels of skill gap.

Got my first and only lost so far to a ridiculous undefeated
Bullet

Fuck.

I'm like the only valk on rank, and damn I'm getting tons of wins and I'm like really bad. Not that Q level of bad either.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Bullet

Fuck.

I'm like the only valk on rank, and damn I'm getting tons of wins and I'm like really bad. Not that Q level of bad either.

Damn you are better than me already :(

Nyoro SF

Bullet

Fuck.

I can sympathize with this. The only people I play on ranked are either unbelievable crazy people or people that just picked up the series for the first time yesterday.

Good thing I'm done with ranked, fuck being forced to play on Hakumen's laggy stage

I decided to play again since hopefully the NA release makes the online livelier, and I realized that I pretty much forgot everything Mu in this version =.=

Somehow I made it from 9 dan to whatever it is that comes after 1 dan in ranked. It was like, 60% Terumis and the rest everyone else combined.

Sure that doesn't really mean anything at all but it helped derust.

RoeBear

Somehow I made it from 9 dan to whatever it is that comes after 1 dan in ranked. It was like, 60% Terumis and the rest everyone else combined.

Sure that doesn't really mean anything at all but it helped derust.

If you went from 9-1 it's called Kyu or something. Dan is after that.

It's even better that all the Terumi players throw out 6C's like their life depends on it.

Ah, my bad in that case. Is there a list of this or something?

And yep, so many 6Cs...

Also, it feels SO good Astraling a person that Astral'd you in a previous match

RoeBear

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7337-cp-menu-translations/
You start from Initiate and work your way up. Kyu's are student ranks where you don't rank down. Once you step into Dan ranks you can rank down from losing.

19&#27573; = 19th Dan
18&#27573; = 18th Dan
17&#27573; = 17th Dan
16&#27573; = 16th Dan
15&#27573; = 15th Dan
14&#27573; = 14th Dan
13&#27573; = 13th Dan
12&#27573; = 12th Dan
11&#27573; = 11th Dan
10&#27573; = 10th Dan
9&#27573; = 9th Dan
8&#27573; = 8th Dan
7&#27573; = 7th Dan
6&#27573; = 6th Dan
5&#27573; = 5th Dan
4&#27573; = 4th Dan
3&#27573; = 3rd Dan
2&#27573; = 2nd Dan
&#21021;&#27573; = 1st Dan
1&#32026; = 1st Kyu
2&#32026; = 2nd Kyu
3&#32026; = 3rd Kyu
4&#32026; = 4th Kyu
5&#32026; = 5th Kyu
6&#32026; = 6th Kyu
7&#32026; = 7th Kyu
8&#32026; = 8th Kyu
9&#32026; = 9th Kyu
&#20837;&#38272; = Initiate

Astrals are only cool if you combo into it and aren't Terumi. Throw into astral is scumbaggary.
I realize I do wake astral with Relius but I'm scum.

thundr51

Anybody going to pre-CEO today? Thought about it but will probably stay home watch the stream instead. Aksys tweeted about giving away prizes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Turned on my PS3 this morning only to see that the game automatically uploaded my Replay Data during the night...Except I don't have any. The hell did it upload haha?

PS. Oh I did download a few though. Maybe it uploaded that to cloud storage.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I got my game, anyone still buying the Terumi DLC code? I have one for sale, don't know how much it worth tho.

So the original Noel dlc, is she playable in arcade mode or story modes?

Edit; NVM, saw the Siloconera article. Cool that Aksys even changes the portraits and cut scenes to fit the OG Noel costume.

A very clever way of making fans fork over more money: Make a cool new Noel outfit for the game, keep people happy. But sell the original outfit for fans who want it.

Very clever!

Top Bottom