• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Astarte

I just want to get a Terumi code so I can practice against him without paying some ridiculous sum! Is that so hard Atlus?

tumblr_inline_n3c9cw1JO61qgdj69.png

I'm keeping the pre-order theme

Lemstar

It works for BBCP?
It -should-. Markman has mentioned recommending the DS4 as a replacement for the DS3 for Tekken players; I wouldn't be surprised if it worked for BBCP too.

(I'd test it right now, but I just traded in my PS4 a couple of hours ago.)

if you brought a long enough USB cable I'm sure you'd be fine.

Edit: Hmmmm maybe I'm wrong? I'm sure I've seen people in other tournaments use DS3s before though.
Don't quote me on this, but I think you're supposed to remove the battery so that it can only function while connected via USB, or something. It's a pretty trivial procedure - just unscrew the back shell and pull out the battery.

vocab

I need to see some 1.1 valk to see if its worth learning. I'm just torn on a character to play. There's just one or two odd things that just ruin a character for me.

vocab

Try out Tao, you want movement cause you played Valk lol. Her combos are a little easier and shorter than his.
That charge c drives me up the wall. Maybe after the patch when its altered.

Does a primer for her exist? Or do I gotta head to the arm pit of the anime fighting world to dig up fragmented information?

shtkn

it helps that we had alot of time to slowly write stuff from the game's jp console release :)

unfortuantely, i can't say every section is acceptable quality imo :(

Volcynika

Tried out Noel some more against friends online last night. Sooooooooo many differences from the previous iteration on distances for moves and all that. Oy. Need to learn some good combos and such with all her changes.

Onemic

I dont know why, but I always played Hakumen like a rushdown/mixup character. My whole goal in the round would be to get up in the oppoenents face and try doing some weak ass mixup with renka, a grab, or zantetsu. Thank you based-chen and brkr dave for finally explaining his playstyle.

Nyoro SF

I dont know why, but I always played Hakumen like a rushdown/mixup character. My whole goal in the round would be to get up in the oppoenents face and try doing some weak ass mixup with renka, a grab, or zantetsu. Thank you based-chen and brkr dave for finally explaining his playstyle.

Changes based on matchup. You don't want Terumi to run loose but you can also force a mid game against characters like ragna.

antibolo

Banned
The DLC for this game are way too numerous and overpriced. Arc System Works has lost a lot of my respect, they're basically even worse than Capcom or Scamco now.

Ten years ago all of this content would have been unlockable in-game.

Onemic

Changes based on matchup. You don't want Terumi to run loose but you can also force a mid game against characters like ragna.

So how would you play in MU's like Terumi? I always found that I could never really do much against characters like Terumi, Tao, or Bang.

Well, I'm not sure what Haku can do but as a general rule against Terumi, you want to keep him out. Terumi's biggest strength is his rushdown capabilities, which means that he needs to be in your face to do the bulk of his damage. Also, remember that he has no mixups outside of j.2d and command throw. Watch out for his 6B which puts him in + frames. If you IB his 236B, you should be able to retaliate. 6C also puts him at a disadvantage, but watch out for RCs during that time.

Hakumen should be able to outzone him and if you're able to do couple of smart D counters, Terumi players may hesitate attacking you.

Sorry it's not a very good write up, but I just don't play against a lot of Hakus.

The DLC is insane!

All stages + the characters are $30!

Are these already on the disc since it's only a 2.3MB download?

Also, maybe worth getting once a week, but hope it's at least cross-buy with Vita vers.
The DLC for this game are way too numerous and overpriced. Arc System Works has lost a lot of my respect, they're basically even worse than Capcom or Scamco now.

Ten years ago all of this content would have been unlockable in-game.
They've always overpriced dlc in the series, just not to this extent.

What peeves me is when they release a 2.0 version with dlc included.

Also, Chronophantasma at $50 with all this dlc is a bit much.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The best part is they release all that dlc then hold off on Terumi :lol

But at least the stage and music dlc isn't tied to a BlueRay release. Now that was bad

cj_iwakura

Does Tsubaki have a cure for being D'd left and right by V-13? That witchblade player was scary. If I got in on her, I had her, but if I didn't...

$49.99 for system voices? Voice collection cost as much as the game, LoL!

Edit: Bought Noel's OG costume. No patch when I start the game.

Yes, it's all on the disc!

The thing about the DLC for me is like...

Okay, there's a lot of it. Two additional characters, one of which you unlock by beating story mode. The other is $8. Okay, that's a lot but that's nothing new for this series.

Next there's colors DLC. Okay, that's lame as hell but each character in the main game has 16 colors anyway so it's hard to get too mad about that...

Okay, System voices are next. $6 per voice or $50 for all of them. That's insane but you'd be insane to spend $50 on all of those too so enh.

HERE'S the one that gets me annoyed. You can buy packs of the stages and music from past iterations of the game. They took the old stages and music out just to sell them to you again, when past iterations contained all past music and stages. And they're divided into four packs of $4 each.

That's gross mang. If this was a leap like Street Fighter 3 to Street Fighter 4 and they remade the old stages and sold them, or if they were entirely new stages, then that would be...SOMEWHAT understandable. But this is the exact same artstyle/assets and everything. Come on!

vocab

You don't have to buy dlc you know. Dota 2 sells LOADING SCREENS. Of course they are like a dollar but come on man, you don't have to buy them.

Top Bottom