• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Skittles

He has hardly been the same character since CS. I dropped him for that reason. He's still fun, nothing amazing but pretty solid though. Not sure about 1.1 bang.
That's a shame, was my best char in the first (and had the best stage music)(was also top tier :p). What's different about him?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That's a shame, was my best char in the first (and had the best stage music)(was also top tier :p). What's different about him?

He became less free flowing is all. I don't know all the changes overall, he just don't feel even remotely the same anymore lol. He lost FRKZ as a super as well in this version

RecklessWolf

Neo Member
This is my first BB game and I just started playing yesterday. Is it worth learning any of these trial combos? So far I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Kikirin

I don't think the trial/challenge combos are particularly bad this time around. While they are likely not optimal when taken as a whole, they do have snippets of actual BnBs in them and give a taste of key links / gatlings / sequences the characters use for combos.

Yeah, the trials are not the most optimal, but they really help to give you an idea of what can be done with the character. Nothing wrong with starting with some of them as your BnB while you get more used to the character.

Pejo

Finally got my copy! Installing now. Can't wait to try out all the new characters, but I'm guessing I'll stick with Relius. Either way, brand new story mode!

Was anyone else's soundtrack CD just a data CD-ROM with the 10 tracks on it as WAVs and a txt file with the track listing? Me thinks someone didn't press it correctly...

If someone's going to bother to learn a combo, and has the forethought to ask on the internet if a certain combo is worth learning, it's a waste of time to learn a suboptimal combo.

Are the in game combos completely useless? Probably not.

But they also aren't worth learning.

E: I'm going to pm a mod to change the thread title since it still hasn't been changed.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
The trial combo isn't all that bad, I stop playing the game a year ago, coming back all rusty. Playing through the trial got some of my mechanical skill back.

I know I can do the same in training mode, but it felt great getting the big "SUCCESS". I felt like I accomplished something.

Man I want to play the game, damn you amazon.

I'll be down for that this weekend too when my copy arrives. Need some people at my level before jumping into the shark tank.

Sure, my psn is Kiunch

^ Mine is Valkerion7, will add you tonight sometime.

Copy came a day early yay, which is bad because I should be studying for a test tomorrow morning... and starting a project, but fuck that!

Messed around with Litchi and mannnn so much is different just mechanically and moves wise but I really like the changes. Izayoi seems really fun, and love all the shout outs to Gundam 00. So far glad I got this lol can't believe I was on the fence after playing this for the afternoon.

Ken

E: I'm going to pm a mod to change the thread title since it still hasn't been changed.

Oh, I had the title already slightly changed yesterday by removing "import" out of it. Couldn't really settle on a new subtitle but then I figured the old one works decently enough anyways.

Lemstar

I've sent a PM to everyone who contacted me about getting a gameshare. If you didn't get one, feel free to let me know that I'm dumb.

If anyone else wants in on a slot for $7.50, send me a PM ASAP. I'd rather not make more accounts come Tuesday, when the preorder discount and free Kokonoe are going to be gone.

Decided to pick this up!

I do like it a lot. Can't wait for original Noel design. I do like the new design as well. Her hair is more blonde. It's not as iconic to me as her OG design but still cool.

All in all, I'm glad I got this, even though $50 was a lot!

Will get the Vita version as well!

x Misogi

New to GAF (Lurker status), but I got my copy of BBCP and would like to play other people. I'm currently learning Terumi/Bullet, but I played Hazama/Hakumen in previous instances.

PSN: x_misogi

RoeBear

New to GAF (Lurker status), but I got my copy of BBCP and would like to play other people. I'm currently learning Terumi/Bullet, but I played Hazama/Hakumen in previous instances.

PSN: x_misogi
Welcome!!!

I'm glad a few people are getting the game. I'd like to play some new people but I'd probably sour your experience with the game.

People with the English version do the dan rankings show up as the Japanese symbols or something different?

antibolo

Banned
Any Canadians here got their LE? Or just the regular game, for that matter??

I'm still waiting, just sent an angry tweet to Aksys.

Pejo

So after some time in arcade mode, getting the feel for the game again and learning some new characters, I have to say a lot of the jumps feel very floaty now, at least compared to Extend.

When I was trying out Jin I noticed how drastically the moveset has changed. It basically feels like a new character now. Amane seems like he would be capable of a lot of full-screen cheese. Terumi's meter gain is crazy fast. So much has changed, not that I was ever a top tier player or anything, but I'm really back to basics.

Also, man I suck.

x Misogi

Welcome!!!

I'm glad a few people are getting the game. I'd like to play some new people but I'd probably sour your experience with the game.

People with the English version do the dan rankings show up as the Japanese symbols or something different?

I wouldn't mind, I've been playing BB since CT.

Narroo

Poor Mu's lines though. I want crazy Mu back. They took the voice filter off and I think maybe even re-recorded her lines to take the edge off.

Also, her intro and finishing quotes don't fit her poses anymore.

Sigh, Mu used to be cool. Now it's a half-naked Noel.

Top Bottom