• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Naite

Finally got my limited edition. Boy do I wish I just got the digital version instead. The artbook is just stuff from gallery mode which I could screencap with my LGP, I accidentally broke off a piece of the nendoroid, and the soundtrack is disappointingly small.

On the bright side, at least shipping didn't fuck up my package this time by shipping it in an unprotected envelope package.

Lemstar

hazama_x_makoto__blazblue___by_blossommayuri_kun-d6pgwi2.jpg

Started playing and got my first disconnect. What does that bad player/good player option does?
The netcode is godlike btw, so mmuch better than ggxx and kof 13.

I hate idiots like you that sprout off about how good the Blazblue Netcode is. It's not even anything special. Why does it appear so good? Because of how lenient they are with the frames. Know why Guilty Gear Douchebag Pussy Accent Core Sol Badguy in Ky's closes sucks? Because that game was made with arcades in mind with their one to two frame perfection. Blazblue's always been five frames of leniency and inputting the button press five times for one press. Ever wonder why Blazblue's inputs have always been so damn lenient? I think Tekken Tag Tournament 2's online netcode did this too and people praised it for being so good over Tekken 6.

OceanBlue

Actually, the repeating inputs only last for 3 frames in BBCP, but that's probably not the point lol.

Thinking of subbing Nu against my better judgment. She just looks too fun.

blackflag

I hate idiots like you that sprout off about how good the Blazblue Netcode is. It's not even anything special. Why does it appear so good? Because of how lenient they are with the frames. Know why Guilty Gear Douchebag Pussy Accent Core Sol Badguy in Ky's closes sucks? Because that game was made with arcades in mind with their one to two frame perfection. Blazblue's always been five frames of leniency and inputting the button press five times for one press. Ever wonder why Blazblue's inputs have always been so damn lenient? I think Tekken Tag Tournament 2's online netcode did this too and people praised it for being so good over Tekken 6.

Well the user name fits.

vocab

Yes, lets make fighting games harder than they already are to make the genre more pure and honest. Make every combo a 1 frame link. It will be a great idea.

Tekken 6 was shitty for consoles. It looked like shit, and the lenient inputs have nothing to do with how bad t6's online is.

Yes, lets make fighting games harder than they already are to make the genre more pure and honest. Make every combo a 1 frame link. It will be a great idea.

Tekken 6 was shitty for consoles. It looked like shit, and the lenient inputs have nothing to do with how bad t6's online is.

Fuck that scrubby shit. Let's bring back the Pretzel motion from KOF 96 and Fatal Fury. Lets get the REAL skills coming back. Ohhh my nipples. HARDCORE ACTION HURTS SO GOOD.

And Tekken 6's netcode was still a significant improvement from Tekken 5.

Kerrinck

Hey thanks for the name calling. Just started playing blazblue but I should have googled and wikied for a few hours to avoid facing angry internet nerd wrath.
I usually play Guilty on tourneys only so to actually play a decent game online is great even with the frame leniency.

OceanBlue

Hey thanks for the name calling. Just started playing blazblue but I should have googled and wikied for a few hours to avoid facing angry internet nerd wrath.
I usually play Guilty on tourneys only so to actually play a decent game online is great even with the frame leniency.

Lol to be fair to you, KOF13 also has a pretty generous input buffer for special moves.

Not calling you an idiot. Just hate the self satisfied smug that all blazblue fans have over their game. The game was made to be played for consoles and online only. Because of this, the game was developed for this in mind specifically. It works magic, but it's nothing truly special compared to all the other fighting games.

But the netcode is a blessing and a curse. Know why Blazblue isn't in US tournies? Because the netcode is so damn good that nobody will ever leave their homes. Human social interaction is gone.

...I had no idea this came out already. Well shit, I'll probably get it tomorrow.

Will my copy still have Terumi?

You're dropping Tager? :(

Not calling you an idiot. Just hate the self satisfied smug that all blazblue fans have over their game. The game was made to be played for consoles and online only. Because of this, the game was developed for this in mind specifically. It works magic, but it's nothing truly special compared to all the other fighting games.

But the netcode is a blessing and a curse. Know why Blazblue isn't in US tournies? Because the netcode is so damn good that nobody will ever leave their homes. Human social interaction is gone.

Blazblue is in US tournies all the time. They're just small pools. It's just a niche game and I have learned to deal with it. I have never seen smugness in BB, so I have no idea what you're talking about. If you're talking about Dustloop, I am totally with you.

Kerrinck

Ouh no offense taken then. Just started playing this since my friends keep saying how similar it is to GG.
I have been playing KoF and GG at arcades for a long time now but unfortunately the scene is mostly dead where I live. Have to resort to online only now with a few tourneys here and there.

Kerrinck

Sorry for the off topic a few posts before.
Back on topic, starting to get the hang of Mu 12 though I still need to learn how to handle pressure. Got completely rushed against a Rachel earlier today.
If anyone wants to play, my psn ID is Kerrick84.

so I dicked around a bit, watched the ultrachen and did some trials of plat and koko.

Is there a place where I can find simple BnBs for plat and koko? I like koko overall playstyle. I think I would still play her after the nerf but I also like platinum so far as well. First time ever play BB seriously and the only other arcsys game I played was P4A.

Rhapsody

Banned
Everything

So vague but so fitting.

so I dicked around a bit, watched the ultrachen and did some trials of plat and koko.

Is there a place where I can find simple BnBs for plat and koko? I like koko overall playstyle. I think I would still play her after the nerf but I also like platinum so far as well. First time ever play BB seriously and the only other arcsys game I played was P4A.

I can probably help you out with Koko. I'll PM the combos in the order of most simple to some optimal ones tonight for you.

So vague but so fitting.

I can probably help you out with Koko. I'll PM the combos in the order of most simple to some optimal ones tonight for you.

aight. Thanks. I found some really basic combo that goes overhead into a reset mixup situation. Don't know how tight it is because its literally 30 mins of starting the game lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Blazblue is in US tournies all the time. They're just small pools. It's just a niche game and I have learned to deal with it. I have never seen smugness in BB, so I have no idea what you're talking about. If you're talking about Dustloop, I am totally with you.

Haha, nah I'll still main Tager. I just like to have all the characters anyway.

I never played it on the ps3 though, so I'll need to adjust to the controller.

How can you be friends with Q and say you have never seen smugness in BB?

Anyway, I can't believe there wasn't a new OT for the US release. What happened there?

RoeBear

Lol every time I got hit I just said in my head "that's getting patched".

Corner cross up teleport, and those random gravity wells or whatever they're called.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
We thought it'd be gone by the patch notes but my eyes don't lie to me. I see it in 1.1 footage. From what I've heard Koko went from SSS tier to S tier.

Well it's fine if she's still crazy strong, as long as she's not ST Akuma strong anymore. They would pretty much have to CS1 Rachel her for her to not be High Tier due to the nature of her tool set and honestly it's better to have another strong character than a worthless character.

RoeBear

Every time I feel like I shouldn't be playing Bullet I hear dat Ada Wong voice and go "I'll give it another day..."

Well against Kokonoe she's not at any big disadvantage. Everyone is mediocre compared to her.

Not trying to beat up Koko too bad, just saying Bullet has just as much of a chance.

GGs Rhap, had a lot of nail bitters.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs everyone. I'm back to a yellow square thanks to apollojoh lol

Need to do some reading for class so I'm done for the night.

RoeBear

GGs everyone. I'm back to a yellow square thanks to apollojoh lol

Need to do some reading for class so I'm done for the night.

Color has been pretty much rendered useless since US release. I also fought some 4 dans that would dp every second even if I just got done punishing it.

It's funny that most of the time that I've been playing I've been green.

Shouta

I'm pretty impressed by Bullet's general damage, she can get some seriously decent stuff even from mid screen though it requires meter. The patch gonna be real awesome because it'll give her a dangerous way to open up folks on the defensive when she has Lv. 2 Heat, lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm pretty impressed by Bullet's general damage, she can get some seriously decent stuff even from mid screen though it requires meter. The patch gonna be real awesome because it'll give her a dangerous way to open up folks on the defensive when she has Lv. 2 Heat, lol.

Shouta we need to get some games in tomorrow or the next day :D

antibolo

Banned
The game was made to be played for consoles and online only.

Considering how the game gets ported to consoles months after hitting arcades, I call bullshit on that. Arc System Works still considers the arcade their main platform, console is just a bonus so they can sell the game outside Asia.

In any case, the stuff they do to BlazBlue and P4A to make them more accessible is a good thing. Elitists who somehow claim that it's a bad thing can go fuck off.

Top Bottom