• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

FSLink

Banned
You don't have to buy dlc you know. Dota 2 sells LOADING SCREENS. Of course they are like a dollar but come on man, you don't have to buy them.

Well I think the issue is mostly that if this were like the PS2 days, they'd be unlockables. :p

Grifter

Are the announcers recycled too? I was ashamed to pay for that but you tell me the Jin dude came back for a revision and I can't buy that quick enough.

Reverend

Neo Member
The DLC is insane!

All stages + the characters are $30!

Are these already on the disc since it's only a 2.3MB download?

Also, maybe worth getting once a week, but hope it's at least cross-buy with Vita vers.

They've always overpriced dlc in the series, just not to this extent.

What peeves me is when they release a 2.0 version with dlc included.

Also, Chronophantasma at $50 with all this dlc is a bit much.

If you want all the DLC, it's like 95 bucks. Just silly.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm enjoying the story in BBCP so far more than the other two. The structure they went with this time is definitely a lot better.

Edit: Dat sexual harassment from Terumi on Litchi

Marceles

I have to relearn Blazblue all over again. I played vanilla and BBCS before the first patch to death. After the patch and Extend came out it felt like a completely different game and made me lazy to learn everything again.

I played Makoto a little bit for those versions, and I'll probably end up maining her in CP. The combos I've tried with her from Dustloop have been pretty cool. Azrael also seems cool, the timing of the links for his ABC2D?(whatever the rock move he does) has been killing me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I have to relearn Blazblue all over again. I played vanilla and BBCS before the first patch to death. After the patch and Extend came out it felt like a completely different game and made me lazy to learn everything again.

I played Makoto a little bit for those versions, and I'll probably end up maining her in CP. The combos I've tried with her from Dustloop have been pretty cool. Azrael also seems cool, the timing of the links for his ABC2D?(whatever the rock move he does) has been killing me.

Please don't learn Makoto :( It will only end in sadness in 2 months

Edit: LOLOL Fucking Kagura

Edit: HOLY SHIT LOOOOOOOOL When Tao and Ragna meet Bullet HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Astral

Holy crap Izayoi is so hard to use. Landing her combos in her normal mode is such a fucking challenge because of either timing or range. Why is her range such shit. Her reversals suck and her overhead seems to suck. Even in Gain Art mode, landing a hit feels hard especially with that 5C range. I think I'll try zoning and throwing out Sonic Sabers like a madman till they get close enough to actually hit.

Grifter

I dunno Jubei announcer beats Jin in my book now.

I'll check him out...

...aaaaand I see that his voice set is paired with Platinum. Can DLC troll?

Holy crap Izayoi is so hard to use. Landing her combos in her normal mode is such a fucking challenge because of either timing or range. Why is her range such shit. Her reversals suck and her overhead seems to suck. Even in Gain Art mode, landing a hit feels hard especially with that 5C range. I think I'll try zoning and throwing out Sonic Sabers like a madman till they get close enough to actually hit.

I'm waiting on the patch to learn these new characters, they feel pretty unfinished and there's long change lists.

Uthred

$49.99 for system voices? Voice collection cost as much as the game, LoL!

Edit: Bought Noel's OG costume. No patch when I start the game.

Yes, it's all on the disc!

It doesnt cost as much as the game, its actually $5 more expensive than the game (which is $44.99 on PSN), the dlc for this game is mental

You don't have to buy dlc you know. Dota 2 sells LOADING SCREENS. Of course they are like a dollar but come on man, you don't have to buy them.

If the DLC for this was more reasonably priced (or like DOTA the base game was free) I dont think people would be shocked, but theres both a fuck load of it and its priced at the high end of DLC

antibolo

Banned
Finally got my LE yesterday. Didn't have time to play it yet (but I did assemble that Rachel Nendoroid).

As much as I dispise paying for things already included in the game I'm totally going to buy Ragna's announcer voice. Dat Sugita. How's his pronunciation? Is he at least as decent as Jin's VA?

DOTA 2 is a free to play game. Totally different.

The "you don't have to buy it" argument is totally missing the point, please stop. Having to pay for content that's already part of the core assets in a 40$+ game is a totally despicable practice that needs to DIAF.

vocab

The stage dlc was tied to an overpriced blue ray and the voices, ya are stupid expensive. I don't support this kind of dlc anyway. Never have, never will. The game industry is gonna game industry.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hmm, after being away from BB for a few iterations / DLC dumps, I find my return to playing to be pretty interesting.

I didn't go in to this intending to main Bullet, but I really like her so far. It doesn't hurt that Erin Fitzgerald is totally using her voice of Cheiron Archer from Sakura Wars V, heh heh. Even her world knowledge innocence isn't as slap-my-head ridiculous as someone like Noel... She's got an edge, but it's surprisingly not overbown, making her feel like a rather well-balanced character.

Old mains like Bang and Tsubaki just feel... "eh" to me so far, but it might just be because I haven't given them enough time.

Kokonoe Relius, and Azrael also have some interest to me, Koko's trickery reminds me of how much I loved playing Doronjo in Tatsunoko Vs Cacpom.

I've never fully played through ANY BB story mode (And I'm waiting on Persona Arena's till I get around to Golden), if I remember right. Aksys' writing style often time annoys me in a few ways, no matter how great it can be when it hits the right notes. But I really want to complete this one this time...

... Is this a fighting game with a VN mode, or a VN with an occasional fight? The balance of story elements to actually DOING SOMETHING is horrible. When the fights come up, their lack of difficulty and fun is so lukewarm that it feels like... nothing at all. There's SO MUCH STUFF I'd have loved to see cheesy little minigames or actual art illustrating... but much of this never comes. When it actually does happen, of course, it's fantastic (Such as Bang's gag story with the Manliness competition), but I would have loved to have had more participation in many of the situations.

BB has some of the most swear-heavy mouths in anything, it's always a bit surprising to me. Feels a bit different between arcade and story modes, too; I was surprised how non-foul-mouthed Bullet and Kokonoe's stories were through arcade mode. In Story, Koko will especially let loose when the desire arises. When it rains, it pours...

... but beyond that, I've enjoyed the story voicework, especially since it applies to basically EVERYTHING. It's always a pleasure to list to Laura Bailey act like a goofball, and this game's mass of side stories gives everyone a change to just go wild with the stupidest, silliest things possible.

I hope Kagura's worth going through all this story for! XD

Rhapsody

Banned
... Is this a fighting game with a VN mode, or a VN with an occasional fight? The balance of story elements to actually DOING SOMETHING is horrible. When the fights come up, their lack of difficulty and fun is so lukewarm that it feels like... nothing at all. There's SO MUCH STUFF I'd have loved to see cheesy little minigames or actual art illustrating... but much of this never comes. When it actually does happen, of course, it's fantastic (Such as Bang's gag story with the Manliness competition), but I would have loved to have had more participation in many of the situations.
It's a VN with an occasional fight. Because of that, I think the story feels a little better in terms of pacing.

Is it just me or did Bang Shishigami's voice turn to fucking shit? Who's the new actor that's shitting up the performance?

I wouldn't call it "fucking shit" but yeah I agree with it not being as good as it used to be, at least from what I played of the JP version with English voices (so haven't heard him in story mode). The guy just doesn't sound as hotblooded as he should really.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wouldn't call it "fucking shit" but yeah I agree with it not being as good as it used to be, at least from what I played of the JP version with English voices (so haven't heard him in story mode). The guy just doesn't sound as hotblooded as he should really.

It's a new VA

BB has some of the most swear-heavy mouths in anything, it's always a bit surprising to me. Feels a bit different between arcade and story modes, too; I was surprised how non-foul-mouthed Bullet and Kokonoe's stories were through arcade mode. In Story, Koko will especially let loose when the desire arises. When it rains, it pours...

Wait til Jin vs. Noel... I almost want to let him win just so he stops calling me a BITCH!!! every hit I land lol.

Yeah... I picked up Noel lol. I don't have the brain capacity to remember her D combos though haha. Really like Izayoi but man like someone else said her range is piss poor but I like the character. Still fumbling my way though the cast though.

And I really hate that I was messing around with Bullet after doing a few challenges with her, someone picked her as well after beating me with Hazama and blew me up.... grr. Made me not want to use the character.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't think Bang is Tony Oliver anymore, but... I haven't seen anything that mentions him being someone else, yet. I don't think he's horrible; he's just lost some of his range compared to original Bang. I'm finding myself missing a lot of the old vocal performances, though... the difference in impact to certain lines feels off due to the missing familiarity.

It's a VN with an occasional fight. Because of that, I think the story feels a little better in terms of pacing.

Maybe, I can't compared it too much to the old BB style, But compared to KoF XIII's or the Netherrelm stuff, it just feels a bit TOO detached from the fighter in some ways for me, so far. I would have loved it to be a bit more integrated like those school modes from the RIval Schools series games.

I'd appreciate a few things to tie them together more, like occasionally jumping into game sprites to illustrate some actions, or giving some timing-based reactions in response to other characters. I'd have loved to unlock new taunts or win poses that deal with the story mode scenes I've completed, or to have costume colors tied to events that occurred in story. Not even earning "P$" points to unlock stuff in the gallery for goodness sakes.

Wait til Jin vs. Noel... I almost want to let him win just so he stops calling me a BITCH!!! every hit I land lol.

Yeah... I picked up Noel lol. I don't have the brain capacity to remember her D combos though haha. Really like Izayoi but man like someone else said her range is piss poor but I like the character. Still fumbling my way though the cast though.

And I really hate that I was messing around with Bullet after doing a few challenges with her, someone picked her as well after beating me with Hazama and blew me up.... grr. Made me not want to use the character.

Sounds like playing Catwoman in Arkham City then, ha. When it rains, etcetera, etcetera!

I had a friend who I played all the BB's with on Xbox 360 that mained Noel, so I have some rage against her myself, but not that harsh. Though I still have "OPTIC BARREL!" and "ASSAULT THROUGH!" ringing in my ears even now...

I've been really wimpy with online so far, since I have some local play to indulge in. Maybe eventually I'll get into how I was with CS online, losing a few hours to a consistent flow of matches... I know it's online that really solidified how much I disliked Tsubaki's low damage back in the day...

Now who's gonna say

DIS IS AN UKEMI!

HOW COULD DIS BEEEEE?!

I"M BACK FO MOAR!

QUATA!

Indignate

I'm falling in love with Noel again. I ignored her for the most part in CS, I don't know why she feels so good in this one.

Not over Litchi though. I'm probably over Tsubaki.

Kerrinck

Started playing and got my first disconnect. What does that bad player/good player option does?
The netcode is godlike btw, so mmuch better than ggxx and kof 13.

Good games proto. If anyone wants to play in like two hours I'm down.

GGs. I have no idea what to do when puppets are attacking me.

Started playing and got my first disconnect. What does that bad player/good player option does?
The netcode is godlike btw, so mmuch better than ggxx and kof 13.

I hate disconnects... Mainly because it LOOKS like they have a good record so I'm expecting an interesting fight... then they suck balls. I start wondering why and they DC. I also had one person rage in the arcade lobby when they stopped playing within 5 seconds of the first match and I'm using them as a combo dummy. Called me a spammer?

Am I not on their level or something T_T

This guy kicks my ass. I will never like puppets ever again. Screw those dodges and blocking while attacking. And getting butt raped from both sides. And infinite resets.

Volcy totally dodged me yesterday though. Not even a message back.

edit: New Terumi looks gdlk. Seems like he got even easier to use.

Volcynika

This guy kicks my ass. I will never like puppets ever again. Screw those dodges and blocking while attacking. And getting butt raped from both sides. And infinite resets.

Volcy totally dodged me yesterday though. Not even a message back.

edit: New Terumi looks gdlk. Seems like he got even easier to use.

;_;

Depends on when you messaged me, I was in the story mode and went around doing stuff and left it on auto-play, since it's so hands-off as far as fights and choices are concerned.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll have to join the lobby the next time (if I can). Some friends wanted to play last night, and I had to work on school stuff afterwards.

I'll have to join the lobby the next time (if I can). Some friends wanted to play last night, and I had to work on school stuff afterwards.

Possibly tonight? Although I haven't really been playing because 1) Dark Souls 2, 2) BBCP patch. I might pick Valk back up though... I messed around with him the other day and he's still really fun.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
...I had no idea this came out already. Well shit, I'll probably get it tomorrow.

Will my copy still have Terumi?

...I had no idea this came out already. Well shit, I'll probably get it tomorrow.

Will my copy still have Terumi?

It should, only two weeks old and I doubt a new wave of copies is coming for another few weeks. Then again I bet those have it too.

Anyone want to add me to PSN: Valkerion7
I'm super beginner but I need some people to play with. Oh also I'm east coast.Savannah, Georgia.

Volcynika

It should, only two weeks old and I doubt a new wave of copies is coming for another few weeks. Then again I bet those have it too.

Anyone want to add me to PSN: Valkerion7
I'm super beginner but I need some people to play with. Oh also I'm east coast.Savannah, Georgia.

East coast broz! (Alabama here) Ignore the fact you're in a different timezone!

Top Bottom