• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm playing with a JP copy. It should work but it feels like no randoms are playing since the NA release. I thought it might be separate or something, lol.
It works and what time of the day are you playing? Most randoms are on between 5pm - 11pm pst

Edit: LOL they actually reference the school manga in the story mode

Dugna

Random question for any of you have bought the game digitally, did you have any errors when trying to install it? I keep getting 20% of the way and just stops.

Haven't even touched the storymode yet, haha. Are there gag endings like in the previous games?

#TeamKokopuffs

They're amazing although some are very similar to previous ones (Spectacles of Eros part 2, yet another Golden Tager giant robot battle) but it's ok because they're amazing hilarious

mpgeist

So this is my first Blazblue game (and 2D fighter in a long time). I am really liking it so far but I don't know how people execute/remember these combos. They are so long, maybe I'm just too used to playing 3D fighters, lol. So far I'm leaning toward using Bullet, she seems a little more straight forward than most of the cast and I like her look.

If I get brave enough (and a little more practice) I'll challenge some of you to some fights. Are there many beginners fighting online or has the Japanese headstart created a pro league?

Oh hell yes

I loved the Spectacles of Eros gag

tumblr_n3fw6tRJ5M1sjeobdo7_500.jpg

OceanBlue

ggs RoeBear. It's always fun playing you despite the lag lol. I feel like I learn a little bit every 5 or so matches even though I still have no idea what I'm doing. :V

Edit: Also you'd think I would've learned not to roll after all of the roll punishes and to do safer meaty pressure after a while, but nope. :(
Oh also, I talked with my roommate and he was apparently downloading something while we were playing, so that's why our games were worse than usual. Sorry about that.

RoeBear

ggs RoeBear. It's always fun playing you despite the lag lol. I feel like I learn a little bit every 5 or so matches even though I still have no idea what I'm doing. :V

Edit: Also you'd think I would've learned not to roll after all of the roll punishes and to do safer meaty pressure after a while, but nope. :(

Yeah GGs. I was thinking you would just start to dp all the doll pressure. It can work but if I am just somehow not in the hit box I can punish for at least 4k dmg. It will make me more scared to throw stuff though.

OceanBlue

Yeah GGs. I was thinking you would just start to dp all the doll pressure. It can work but if I am just somehow not in the hit box I can punish for at least 4k dmg. It will make me more scared to throw stuff though.

To be honest, I did DP more than it seemed, but my DP timing is really bad so I got hit by jabs or meaties a lot. :V

I'm still super hesitant to DP when I have the meter though, which is something I should work on. I'm never conscious of all of my options on defense.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Noooo, Tager's 6C doesn't bounce anymore...I have so much muscle memory to jump cancel it which is messing me up bad so far. Need to relearn a ton of stuff with him.

Rhapsody

Banned
Been messing around with new Tager stuff midmatch. I should really sit down and watch Grandia's Tager and lab it out though.

Bought the digital version and every time I download and install it I get a corrupted download error. I even tried the safe mode options and I'm still having the same problem :(

Dugna

My favorite new character so far is Bullet definitely :D, I still can't pull off a decent combo with her but she is fun.

I didn't import this game at the japanese launch so I just recently got it.

How useful are the character challenges in terms of application in actual play?

Also I'm learning Mu-12 and trying to learn some neutral BnBs, but most the ones I'm finding require the opponent to be crouching or in air?

The challenges are decent for learning what the characters do and how they feel. They're not the best or most optimized but they're not useless.

Kumubou

How useful are the character challenges in terms of application in actual play?

Also I'm learning Mu-12 and trying to learn some neutral BnBs, but most the ones I'm finding require the opponent to be crouching or in air?
The challenges, from the ones I've done, seem to do an OK job of showing off some basic routes and combo theory. It's structured a lot better than the challenges in P4A or the previous BB games. Nothing optimal or what a competitive player would use, but some of them come close.

Almost half way through the story and I'm enjoying it a lot.

English VA performance is excellent and the humour is great. I find myself giggling and grinning a lot just because of how much fun I am having.

I don't even mind the lack of fights as I think it helps more with the flow and they are placed in more appropriate situations. After watching just one, I'm leaving the rest of the gag endings till I'm done with the main story.

Huzzah, my copy finally arrived in the mail today. Time to hop on training mode.

Same with me last night. I haven't seriously played the game since CT which I dumped countless hours into. Only played CS for a little bit. The game is so different, there so much to learn/relearn.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just finished Story Mode on my Japanese copy. Finally got around to it.

Wasn't expecting it to end and go off onto a cliffhanger right there :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just finished Story Mode on my Japanese copy. Finally got around to it.

Wasn't expecting it to end and go off onto a cliffhanger right there :/
did you watch post credits? I mean it's still bad but if it left of where it was before the credits holy shit i was raging lol

Rhapsody

Banned
did you watch post credits? I mean it's still bad but if it left of where it was before the credits holy shit i was raging lol

Just got to it and now finished the epilogue. But yeah lol

I really enjoyed how BBCP did story mode. Looking forward to whenever the next one comes out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just got to it and now finished the epilogue. But yeah lol

I really enjoyed how BBCP did story mode. Looking forward to whenever the next one comes out.
Yeah it was a major improvement and god damn was it long. Shit was longer than most AAA games... then again it was only story XD

Volcynika

Gonna eat dinner and do a couple of other things and then hop on for a bit (probably in the next hour) if anyone wants to play.

Astral

I feel like giving up on Hazama. I feel like I'm using it wrong and I can only land the looks less than half of the time.

Top Bottom