• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

GooeyHeat

GAF: GooeyHeat
PSN: GooeyHeat
Main: Taokaka

This is my first BlazBlue, but hopefully I can play a match without the room being disbanded as soon as it starts (-.-;)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GAF: GooeyHeat
PSN: GooeyHeat
Main: Taokaka

This is my first BlazBlue, but hopefully I can play a match without the room being disbanded as soon as it starts (-.-;)
I'm just going to play a few more so rooms going to blow up soon :p I'm sure they will remake it though. :D

RoeBear

Roe, because of that I'm going to learn safe jump set ups now. You are welcome :lol

Yeah, trying to go for a grab on my wake up with 100 meter is a big no no. It's just as bad as doing it to Tager since he can wake up 720 you. Relius astral can sometimes be hard to punish, which is why I throw it out so often.

What are up with Kagura moves? I have no idea what is an overhead and what his lows are.

Edit:That burst read was awesome Rhap.

Yeah, trying to go for a grab on my wake up with 100 meter is a big no no. It's just as bad as doing it to Tager since he can wake up 720 you. Relius astral can sometimes be hard to punish, which is why I throw it out so often.

What are up with Kagura moves? I have no idea what is an overhead and what his lows are.

Welcome to my entire experience with Kagura.

Going online right now if anyone wants to pray.

Rhapsody

Banned

Edit:That burst read was awesome Rhap.
Thanks lol. And I just got Kagura today. Before today I had no idea how he worked, but now it's starting to make sense.

Dugna

Finished the story mode,
Man what the hell? I thought this game would tie lose ends and such, but all it did was close a few and creates more. Are Terumi/Trinity actually dead? What caused Ragna to go berserk at the end? It couldn't have been just damage to this body, maybe Nu had some special part that activated it? *sigh* I do hope though that they don't sell the full end of this series as DLC.

This game's story has definitely got me interested in buying Xblaze now though. To figure out some things.

Dugna

I recall Jubei being injured by Nine, but I don't remember him being confirmed dead, kinda like with Terumi and Trinity.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I recall Jubei being injured by Nine, but I don't remember him being confirmed dead, kinda like with Terumi and Trinity.

Yeah there is no confrimation but the fact nine kinda just shows up later with no worries and jubei was last scene near death :l

Dugna

Yeah there is no confrimation but the fact nine kinda just shows up later with no worries and jubei was last scene near death :l

Well technically we don't know the results of the Six heroes side of the story so maybe Nine secretly regained some memories and is only staying in the "Phantom" form to get closer to fixing things? Since Saya/Hades can't really be "killed" maybe Nine is staying close now to find a way to erase their existence? so many lose ends I do hope the next game is definitely the end though.

I've only been playing Platinum since I got the ENG version of BBCP and I still don't know what I'm doing lol.

I'm starting to realize that her items are actually useful.

I'm just wondering when I'm going to get out of the flailing phase. I don't have a calculated plan for when people are blocking so I just push buttons and end up doing weird things that put me in bad situations.

Like I constantly 3C>Dream Sally B unintentionally and it does nothing for me mid screen (even in the corner I'm pretty sure A or C is better as they seem to hit people who jump where as B does not).

EDIT: Good matches by the way.

solid mike

After trying this game out in a Japanese arcade last year, I must say I had fun using Izayoi and Bullet. I have played a little CSE at my friend's house using Noel, Jin and Ragna.

Are there are a lot of people playing online? Will a scrub like me who has no competitive knowledge get brutally assfucked in online play?

How fun is the game? Is it the most polished BB yet?

Is the story good?

I apologize for asking too much but I really want to make a smart purchase, not one I will make on a whim.

Nyoro SF

After trying this game out in a Japanese arcade last year, I must say I had fun using Izayoi and Bullet. I have played a little CSE at my friend's house using Noel, Jin and Ragna.

Are there are a lot of people playing online? Will a scrub like me who has no competitive knowledge get brutally assfucked in online play?

Plenty of players online. Don't play ranked, it's ass. Online lobbies are the best. If you're worried about being ranked up against the best players, don't worry, there are colored squares next to names which are a legend in how you tell who's new to practice with and the veterans. White/Green = new players, Orange/Pink = veterans.

How fun is the game? Is it the most polished BB yet?

Depends on which character you play. lol definitely the most fun BB yet though. Polished? Well it's the first edition of its "type", so balance problems are expected. Many of which are being addressed in a patch in two months.

Noel? Great character. Fun character too, and easy.
Ragna? Solid character. I personally think he's quite hilarious to play, but I don't like his character design.
Jin? This guy is top tier. His pressure is agonizing and his throw mixup is unbelievably strong.

Is the story good?

Ragna broke his fucks limiter last game, Terumi is stoned out of his mind, Hakumen is now in an unfortunate boyfriend role and Tsubaki and Noel may finally realize their true lesbian relationship.

I apologize for asking too much but I really want to make a smart purchase, not one I will make on a whim.

I highly recommend a purchase. However please keep it mind it will take a good investment time regardless of the character you pick to become competent at the game
unless you pick Mu

solid mike

Plenty of players online. Don't play ranked, it's ass. Online lobbies are the best. If you're worried about being ranked up against the best players, don't worry, there are colored squares next to names which are a legend in how you tell who's new to practice with and the veterans. White/Green = new players, Orange/Pink = veterans.

Depends on which character you play. lol definitely the most fun BB yet though. Polished? Well it's the first edition of its "type", so balance problems are expected. Many of which are being addressed in a patch in two months.

Noel? Great character. Fun character too, and easy.
Ragna? Solid character. I personally think he's quite hilarious to play, but I don't like his character design.
Jin? This guy is top tier. His pressure is agonizing and his throw mixup is unbelievably strong.

Ragna broke his fucks limiter last game, Terumi is stoned out of his mind, Hakumen is now in an unfortunate boyfriend role and Tsubaki and Noel may finally realize their true lesbian relationship.

I highly recommend a purchase. However please keep it mind it will take a good investment time regardless of the character you pick to become competent at the game
unless you pick Mu

Now I am more convinced than ever to get it. If it is the most fun BB yet, then I see no reason to not get it since I am ultimately excited and getting GGXrd when it comes out (hopefully with more characters from accent core plus).

I agree, Ragna's design never appealed to me. Were they trying to make him imitate Sol Badguy?

Why, is Mu that easy to win with?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Now I am more convinced than ever to get it. If it is the most fun BB yet, then I see no reason to not get it since I am ultimately excited and getting GGXrd when it comes out (hopefully with more characters from accent core plus).

I agree, Ragna's design never appealed to me. Were they trying to make him imitate Sol Badguy?

Why, is Mu that easy to win with?

Because I play her.

She's a pretty simple character once you understand how she works and her gameplans, the hardest thing about her is learning how to consistently do her max damage bnb

sephi22

Guys, I've owned all the BB games on disc, but I might go DD for this one since its $5 cheaper.
Is there any reason to get Disc for this game over DD?

Also, I see Kagura and Kokonoe as DLC on the SEN store. Is there any other way to unlock them or buying the DLC is the way to go? Thanks for the help

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Guys, I've owned all the BB games on disc, but I might go DD for this one since its $5 cheaper.
Is there any reason to get Disc for this game over DD?

Also, I see Kagura and Kokonoe as DLC on the SEN store. Is there any other way to unlock them or buying the DLC is the way to go? Thanks for the help

Terumi is included in the disk package, he won't be up to download until later(and will cost money). Kagura is unlocked ingame but Kokonoe isn't.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Terumi is included in the disk package, he won't be up to download until later(and will cost money). Kagura is unlocked ingame but Kokonoe isn't.

Terumi is only in the first print disc packages. Some people have said they have gotten copies without him included

Someone who used Hakumen in the arcade lobby called Terumi top tier and asked when he was being nerfed. I think he had a heart attack when I told him he was being buffed.

My Terumi isn't even good

RoeBear

Someone who used Hakumen in the arcade lobby called Terumi top tier and asked when he was being nerfed. I think he had a heart attack when I told him he was being buffed.

My Terumi isn't even good

Terumi can convert almost any hit into 2700-4000+ damage. I can see people thinking he's high tier, but his tools are easily seen and just aren't that good.

Also, lol at the fact a Hakumen player was saying that.

Nyoro SF

I think Terumi has an advantage over Hakumen, especially now in the new 1.1 where 5D is stronger.

But none of that matters when the patch hits and Azrael becomes da king.

So I'm at around 60% completion rate for the story.

I've reached the end of the Six Heroes story so I think I'm going to go through the Sector Seven one so I can coast through Chrono Phantasma afterwards without having to stop for a "To be continued".

Although since I've reached the END of the Six Heroes story I'm assuming the Sector Seven one will end on the same branch which should mean that I'm on the last stretch of the Chrono Phantasma story.

2 days left now.

Rhapsody

Banned
I still think Terumi is a decent character in 1.0. Not as good as I initially thought, but his tools aren't too bad. There's a lot of bad netplay Terumis I've met on ranked, and there's certainly quite a flowchart going on with them (even 236D on block is risky and they even mash 2A after it...).
I think Terumi has an advantage over Hakumen, especially now in the new 1.1 where 5D is stronger.

But none of that matters when the patch hits and Azrael becomes da king.
Hakumen's favor, imo. Neutral game is really bad in this matchup for him.

Nyoro SF

I still think Terumi is a decent character in 1.0. Not as good as I initially thought, but his tools aren't too bad. There's a lot of bad netplay Terumis I've met on ranked, and there's certainly quite a flowchart going on with them (even 236D on block is risky and they even mash 2A after it...).

Hakumen's favor, imo. Neutral game is really bad in this matchup for him.

I must disagree. In grounded midrange neutral, Terumi's 5D defeats, outspeeds and outranges all of my footsie options. I cannot even low-profile it (or hit him) with 3C. And this is before the patch which boosts its recovery!

Using it he can bully his way into preventing me from pressing buttons; since he builds the meter using it, I'm only one rapid cancel 6C away from him being up in my grill.

And the lunge punch, unpunishable at max range 5D cancel... it's like if Noel got a grapple hook.

It's a good thing that it's still possible to get over that move, but it's just an absolute nightmare grounded.

I must disagree. In grounded midrange neutral, Terumi's 5D defeats, outspeeds and outranges all of my footsie options. I cannot even low-profile it (or hit him) with 3C. And this is before the patch which boosts its recovery!

Using it he can bully his way into preventing me from pressing buttons; since he builds the meter using it, I'm only one rapid cancel 6C away from him being up in my grill.

And the lunge punch, unpunishable at max range 5D cancel... it's like if Noel got a grapple hook.

It's a good thing that it's still possible to get over that move, but it's just an absolute nightmare grounded.

I feel like Hakumen has the advantage. Terumi doesn't have many options at any given moment (no grounded OH -- ugh) so with a few well read D counters should keep him at bay. The 5D is not really an issue since you can jump over it easily and it's not that great at max range anyway.

Just had my first long set with my usual training partner, who switched to Terumi in this game. I'm really enjoying playing Izayoi so far. I'm not sure how long it will last since she is supposedly so terrible, but having fun at my level so far.

Nyoro SF

I feel like Hakumen has the advantage. Terumi doesn't have many options at any given moment (no grounded OH -- ugh) so with a few well read D counters should keep him at bay. The 5D is not really an issue since you can jump over it easily and it's not that great at max range anyway.

I guess it's a perception thing? 5D feels like a wall. I was getting caught on pre-jump frames, landing frames, Haku 5D followup doesn't reach. Maybe I should mash airdash more like a scrub? But Terumi's j.2D beats all my air to airs!

The TK'd overhead is extremely strong. Pink square terumis were doing it all day like it was going out of style. I'm a big guy, even when I crouch, so I'm doubly susceptible.
5B>5C>3C>5D is completely air tight even on instant block it cannot be countered.
His rapid cancel game is bordering on insanity.
6B... lol

But at least I can hit Terumi really hard. That's a plus. I have come to a slight understanding now about how Tager players feel when fighting against Jin. I feel like I can win the match, not because I have matchup tricks that can overcome his tools, but because in a brief moment I can deal so much damage that it doesn't matter. Strength over tactics, Hulk vs. Vergil, etc.

Rhapsody

Banned
I guess it's a perception thing? 5D feels like a wall. I was getting caught on pre-jump frames, landing frames, Haku 5D followup doesn't reach. Maybe I should mash airdash more like a scrub? But Terumi's j.2D beats all my air to airs!

The TK'd overhead is extremely strong. Pink square terumis were doing it all day like it was going out of style. I'm a big guy, even when I crouch, so I'm doubly susceptible.
5B>5C>3C>5D is completely air tight even on instant block it cannot be countered.
His rapid cancel game is bordering on insanity.
6B... lol

But at least I can hit Terumi really hard. That's a plus. I have come to a slight understanding now about how Tager players feel when fighting against Jin. I feel like I can win the match, not because I have matchup tricks that can overcome his tools, but because in a brief moment I can deal so much damage that it doesn't matter. Strength over tactics, Hulk vs. Vergil, etc.
j.2D beating your air to airs sounds weird. That really shouldn't happen in most cases.
6B is ok, imo. It's a move that should be used sparingly, imo. Works more online.

Also Terumi's that incorporate 5C into their blockstrings a lot really annoy me. You're going to get pushed out too far with Barrier and IB Barrier. I'll use it as maybe a stagger or into j.2D if I plan to do cross up j2D (otherwise 2C is better to JC imo). 5C RC has some great high/low shenanigans though.

I'd love to see more 2A and 5B pressure though from Terumis. But all I see are 5Cs, 236D, and 6Cs (without meter at times).

Nyoro SF

j.2D beating your air to airs sounds weird. That really shouldn't happen in most cases.
6B is ok, imo. It's a move that should be used sparingly, imo. Works more online.

Also Terumi's that incorporate 5C into their blockstrings a lot really annoy me. You're going to get pushed out too far with Barrier and IB Barrier. I'll use it as maybe a stagger or into j.2D if I plan to do cross up j2D (otherwise 2C is better to JC imo). 5C RC has some great high/low shenanigans though.

I'd love to see more 2A and 5B pressure though from Terumis. But all I see are 5Cs, 236D, and 6Cs (without meter at times).

Terumi's j.2D is really amazing. At best I clash with it midscreen almost 1.5 character lengths away with j.2A, one of my best normals. It reminds me of Kyo's 2C in KOF13 and Morrigan's j.C in TvC, esp. with the knockdown property. You get hit so quickly that you accidentally tech backwards and it's GG.

Scrub Terumis don't bother me. They suicide with 6C, rely way too heavily on the 2-hit confirm of 5C and commit forward way too easily. The best Terumis use very low j.2Ds, abuse throws like their life depended on it, and use the TK overhead and link combos afterward.

Terumi's j.2D is really amazing. At best I clash with it midscreen almost 1.5 character lengths away with j.2A, one of my best normals. It reminds me of Kyo's 2C in KOF13 and Morrigan's j.C in TvC, esp. with the knockdown property. You get hit so quickly that you accidentally tech backwards and it's GG.

Scrub Terumis don't bother me. They suicide with 6C, rely way too heavily on the 2-hit confirm of 5C and commit forward way too easily. The best Terumis use very low j.2Ds, abuse throws like their life depended on it, and use the TK overhead and link combos afterward.

Terumi's j.2D's start up is really slow. I always get stuffed. You don't try to beat the active frames, but you try to beat the start up. Isn't Hakumen's j.C really long?

Top Bottom