• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Uraizen

Banned
I'm use to doing a lot to unlock characters, I play Smash.

I don't have the patience for that anymore with fighting games. I started cussing up a storm with my friends when I found out you had to unlock characters in SCV. I don't care if characters are locked in story mode or whatever. I just want to be able to play as all of them in multiplayer as soon as I load the game up.

I'm use to doing a lot to unlock characters, I play Smash.
I actually used to really enjoy unlocking characters in Smash and Tekken and Soul Calibur, but I just don't have the patience or the time nowadays.

Oh and now that I've put in an hour or so with every character (minus the dlc's), I've determined that I like Azrael, Litchi, Ragna, Taokaka, Izayoi, Bullet and Terumi.

I would like to play Amane cause I really like his playstyle but I fucking hate his character design.

I used to enjoy unlocking Smash characters in Melee with friends. It's a more of a nuisance now. 2 - 3 hours for one character is something I can tolerate.

I actually used to really enjoy unlocking characters in Smash and Tekken and Soul Calibur, but I just don't have the patience or the time nowadays.

They should have done something like an exhibition mode where all the characters are unlocked for versus but the unlocks are for offline/story/arcade play. Considering the frequency I play games online these days it doesn't bother me but it's still a practice that should become more common.

I am getting absolutely destroyed online. I've won once, but damn it was a good feeling and it felt earned.

I have no idea how to get people off of me when I'm in the corner. It's like once I'm in the corner I'm completely fucked.

hao chi

EyelessOrphan

I'm garbage at the game but since I do regularly play fighting games I kinda have a small grasp on what I should be doing. But I'm certainly not making any of the characters look good, haha.

Can't play right now though cause I'm about to go out.

I sent you a friend request. I doubt I'll be available tomorrow night, but I can play some on Tuesday.

Keasar

Hope that my package arrives today, been wanting to train on the new Tager and also get going on Azrael as soon as possible. How did the DLC characters work? Was Terumi included and Kokonoe had to be bought seperately? Gonna make sure I have those two and the BGM DLCs (kinda prefer the old tracks vs. the new ones).

hao chi

I liked Other M, too.

image.php

Any Azrael players? When the opponent is marked with both of the symbols, his Black Hawk Stinger or whatever it's called is supposed to be unblockable right? But there's some situations when it gets blocked. Why is that?

And fuck Arakune and Kokonoe. What the hell am I supposed to do against this? Jesus.

shtkn

each mark makes black hawk stinger unblockable for that type of blocking, so having both marks means it's unblockable on the ground.

you can still air barrier block it or counter assalt it.

if you only have one mark, then it can still be blocked: if you have a high mark, then hte opponent can low block and vice versa.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess they were air barrier blocking

each mark makes black hawk stinger unblockable for that type of blocking, so having both marks means it's unblockable on the ground.

you can still air barrier block it or counter assalt it.

if you only have one mark, then it can still be blocked: if you have a high mark, then hte opponent can low block and vice versa.
Yeah I figured it had to be air barrier blocking, but I had the computer set to do that in training and it was still getting hit....... Until just right now. Maybe I wasn't timing it properly and the computer had just hit the ground.

Thanks guys.

Keasar

Hazama and Terumi players are, like their characters, jerks. When one of those characters start a combo I feel like putting down the controller, make something to eat and hope they are done when I get back.

I can never achieve those 30-50 hit combos that just goes on and on without end. I love fighting games but have never ever achieved that kind of muscle memory required. I just fumble after 4-5 hits. Most of the online matches so far I don't even really get to play, just spend a match desperately try to get out of a combo and hope I hit a jab.

RoeBear

Hazama and Terumi players are, like their characters, jerks. When one of those characters start a combo I feel like putting down the controller, make something to eat and hope they are done when I get back.

I can never achieve those 30-50 hit combos that just goes on and on without end. I love fighting games but have never ever achieved that kind of muscle memory required. I just fumble after 4-5 hits. Most of the online matches so far I don't even really get to play, just spend a match desperately try to get out of a combo and hope I hit a jab.

Not sure if you're referring to combos in general or ones with Terumi. Terumi combos are the most disturbingly easy combos in the entire game. There's ways to get almost all of his moves in a combo and some supers do like 20 hits. Kokonoe combos can get high up there but are harder to pull off because of the timing needed.

Keasar

Not sure if you're referring to combos in general or ones with Terumi. Terumi combos are the most disturbingly easy combos in the entire game. There's ways to get almost all of his moves in a combo and some supers do like 20 hits. Kokonoe combos can get high up there but are harder to pull off because of the timing needed.

Just combos generally. Can never keep up the timing that long.

Essay

So I caved and bought CP after months of messing around with the Japanese copy at local fighting game meetups. I was originally excited about Izayoi, but have now instead decided to pick back up Litchi, my old CT main. As distinct as 'Yoi is, playing a character with hoverdashes made my brain revert into I-No/Guilty Gear mode, which doesn't really translate all that well, what with the character and system-mechanic differences. Figured it'd be better to try a character my brain won't confuse for anyone in GG.

But yeah, Litchi's combos seem fine and fun so far; although, I still have to figure out what to do after her Overdrive > OD All Green when I don't have high health. No clue how my neutral game and pressure are going to be with this character though. I'll throw myself to the wolves at a Thursday night meetup and see how it goes.

Keasar

Who do you use?

Tager. Been trying Makoto, Bullet and Azrael, but I always come back to Tager which is a lot slower and do more damage the times I actually do hit. Only problem is right now I cant do anything that involves me jumping, me and air combos do not combine. Feels like there is a superhuman timing and finger dexterity (my left thumb do not wanna work with me in combos) required to pull those off.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I forgot to drop my PSN here, it's Fatal_X_Fate. I've been playing Tager since CT though I haven't had much time to dig into CP much, so I'm pretty much skirting by barely knowing any of his new combos, so expect gimmicks everywhere.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't know what that is :(
Noel has a gunshot move she does when opponents are knocked down she can dash cancel it to get extensions.

Tager. Been trying Makoto, Bullet and Azrael, but I always come back to Tager which is a lot slower and do more damage the times I actually do hit. Only problem is right now I cant do anything that involves me jumping, me and air combos do not combine. Feels like there is a superhuman timing and finger dexterity (my left thumb do not wanna work with me in combos) required to pull those off.

Practice makes perfect. With Tager you need to learn his reset stuff. Which should be up your alley since his combos are generally short.

Anne

It's Silencer, 44B or C (down>down>B or C).

Dash cancel (66 or forward>forward>) has a lot of leeway, the only thing you have to watch out for is timing the 44C (if you are using it to pick up) because if you input it when they're not low enough you won't get anything.

44 =/= down. I assumed you made a mistake and mean 22.

Lemstar

What happened to that 3-part series recap that you were working on, Q?

More pertinently, should I bother playing the story mode in CS Extend, or does CP cover that material?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What happened to that 3-part series recap that you were working on, Q?

More pertinently, should I bother playing the story mode in CS Extend, or does CP cover that material?

I got the first part to Karst already in PM it's super long so I put it in PM. I'm working on character bio's and stuff now trying to get all the core characters done but I've been stressed out with life stuff the last few days.

Part 1 was terminology and core things of the universe

Part 2 is going to be character bios/break downs

Part 3 is the story so far

But yes play the story in CSE. Then jump to CP after. CSE covers CT and CS.

Hey someone add me to the PSN list thing. My PSN account is samurai_bebop. I'd love to play sometime tomorrow.
You can add me. I'll probably be on quite a bit on Saturday and Sunday

PSN - EyelessOrphan

I'm still shit but I'm learning quite a bit. I really need to stop chicken blocking unless I'm gonna use barrier guard.

Top Bottom