• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

RoeBear

I'm confused... are certain stages legitimately laggier than normal?

I'm pretty sure Snow Town is the only one to cause legit problems. The snow on the ground and falling is just a lot of stuff.

I pick Silent Colosseum, and that Terumi stage though. Also, have to pick that green Ragna stage for that awesome color palette.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Vita version U.S. release date was pushed back to the end of June.

I just know I'm gonna end up importing now. :/

Anne

ASW stages are weird. In P4U schoolyard(night) and Yukiko's stage are not laggy, while Teddie's stage is awful. In AC+R certain stages just flat crash the game. BBCP's worst stages are Snow Town and whatever Tao's is (the one with the water effect). We've actually crashed the game offline on both of those -_- With particle effects slow down is super real in BBCP.

P.S. this really irks me because Snow Town is my favorite stage and I can't pick it :<

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ASW stages are weird. In P4U schoolyard(night) and Yukiko's stage are not laggy, while Teddie's stage is awful. In AC+R certain stages just flat crash the game. BBCP's worst stages are Snow Town and whatever Tao's is (the one with the water effect). We've actually crashed the game offline on both of those -_- With particle effects slow down is super real in BBCP.

P.S. this really irks me because Snow Town is my favorite stage and I can't pick it :<

what was used to crash it? xD

Rhapsody

Banned

Didn't know that for p4u. Makes sense though after playing LK when he kept choosing it.

I picked up Tsubaki because she's the the only character that doesn't look goofy to me. Turns out she's sort of like Polymar from TvC. I used to play Polymar so that's cool.

hao chi

Play style of course. Polymar can use special symbols to cancel his special moves. As far as looks are concerned it's pretty cool to have a shield book.

I unfortunately haven't played TvC, and I'm not familiar with the non-Capcom characters. I'd love to play it because it looks like a really fun game; I just wish it got a PS3 version since I have two fight sticks for PS3 and zero for Wii, and I can't justify buying a fight stick for one game.

I'll probably buy it eventually just to try it anyway though.

So I finally started spending a little more time with this game and I'm really digging Terumi, Bullet, and Azrael. How are they though? All I've been doing is practicing and I've never really had a firm grasp on the Blazblue series. Kinda weird since I was solid at Guilty Gear.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I finally started spending a little more time with this game and I'm really digging Terumi, Bullet, and Azrael. How are they though? All I've been doing is practicing and I've never really had a firm grasp on the Blazblue series. Kinda weird since I was solid at Guilty Gear.

BlazBlue is quite a bit more complex beast than GG when it comes to match pacing/spacing and little things behind the scenes. Out of those characters I'd recommend Azrael the most specially with 1.1 coming soon.

Verelios

I'm currently maining Hakumen and Mu since their playstyles appeal to me the most. So tell me, what's their tier among the roster because I'm carrying a sub 60 win rate. Seems the most problematic thing with Hakumen is maintaining my space.

Mu isn't really a problem. Wish she was stronger though.

For reference, my old mains were Noel and Hakumen.

BlazBlue is quite a bit more complex beast than GG when it comes to match pacing/spacing and little things behind the scenes. Out of those characters I'd recommend Azrael the most specially with 1.1 coming soon.
I really really like Azrael but I don't feel like I'm playing him properly. Guess I just have to jump in online and get crushed for a while.

RoeBear

Good games Hao-chi. Even though you said you haven't improved, I believe you have. However, every time you had the staff on knockdown I expected a dp and you did it 90% of the time. So just be careful with that.

Your combos weren't dropping very often and your spacing was good especially considering I was playing the doll jerks.

hao chi

Good games Hao-chi. Even though you said you haven't improved, I believe you have. However, every time you had the staff on knockdown I expected a dp and you did it 90% of the time. So just be careful with that.

Your combos weren't dropping very often and your spacing was good especially considering I was playing the doll jerks.

I figured the DP's would be baited eventually, but they were hitting for a while so I decided I might as well keep going with them. It's not like I'm capable of getting damage many other ways. :p

I'll watch for that more though. Thanks.

I was actually dropping my intended combos a lot of the time and had to improvise, usually with Three Dragons. Whenever I hit you with Itsuu A/B at midscreen, I was trying to do:

623D > 236A > 236B > 63214A > things

and I have a different combo for when I get Itsuu A on my opponent near the corner (421D > 3C > 3D > 3C > 421C > 6D > DP > 6C > 3C), but I never managed to do that either.

I actually did feel I was playing better against you than how I did in ranked earlier. So I'll take that at least.

And yeah, I really need to learn the match ups for Relius and Carl (and most of the cast). I plan on spending a lot more time in the arcade lobbies and not just fighting people I already know all the time to get match up experience.

RoeBear

And yeah, I really need to learn the match ups for Relius and Carl (and most of the cast). I plan on spending a lot more time in the arcade lobbies and not just fighting people I already know all the time to get match up experience.

Yeah the arcade lobbies really are great for learning. I usually don't play people who do purple grabs all the time so the people in there keep me on my toes.

Rhapsody

Banned
I figured the DP's would be baited eventually, but they were hitting for a while so I decided I might as well keep going with them. It's not like I'm capable of getting damage many other ways. :p
If you think someone is going to try and bait your DP, 6D is a fun way to make them second guess your decision.

Most characters can't really backdash it if you choose to do so, and if they block, it leaves you a +3 on normal block.

Edit: Don't do this on safe jumps though lol
I play her(mediocrely) if that helps.

That reminds me, you should try and make it a habit to not do the same opening gambits every match. Round 2 opener was always 3C.
You should check out some Tsubaki players to get a better idea on how to use her moves.

hao chi

If you think someone is going to try and bait your DP, 6D is a fun way to make them second guess your decision.

Most characters can't really backdash it if you choose to do so, and if they block, it leaves you a +3 on normal block.

Edit: Don't do this on safe jumps though lol

I'll definitely keep that in mind.

I really need to incorporate 6D into my pressure more in general.

cj_iwakura

That reminds me, you should try and make it a habit to not do the same opening gambits every match. Round 2 opener was always 3C.
You should check out some Tsubaki players to get a better idea on how to use her moves.

Well, not always... but yeah, it's one of the few things I know that catches some people off guard. Not sure what else I can use to pressure people with.

about done with this game. there seems to be nothing but people who have been playing since the first game (which is to be expected) and people who like to enter beginner rooms just to beat on them.

So far has not been worth it to even bother with online.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
about done with this game. there seems to be nothing but people who have been playing since the first game (which is to be expected) and people who like to enter beginner rooms just to beat on them.

The best way to learn is to play people that are a bit better than you. If you want I could play some matches with you later while learning a new character.

That way I can point out things to improve on and such.

When you are first starting out your goal shouldn't be to win. Your goal should be to not lose that badly and learn match ups slowly but surely. Things take time.

RoeBear

That's sad that they're going into rooms just for easy wins. With this being a niche game it's not surprising that there aren't many newcomers. You probably aren't alone in wanting to give up the game. There's probably a lot of others that feel exactly like you do.

Maybe just try making some player match rooms that say "beginner only" and kick people who come in with a hot color.

I'll play with you. I'm pretty garbage at the game. I'm just now learning it. Hoping to get better.

That goes for anyone here. I would love to get some matches in if you don't mind playing a scrub. I have no qualms about getting my ass kicked.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs

Wow I really am lacking good Rachel match up experience. Kokonoe too.

Against Kokonoe, a lot of it is about how well you know your character. It's important to get legit oki or safe jump setups with Mu. Mu overhead on my wake up would be risky since I usually buffer teleport and wait to see if people do a laggy move. Regardless what people think, Kokonoe just has ok wakeup options, so you need to take advantage of it. Other than that, make sure to know where to safely burst (6B startup,1st hit of A/B Bunker, etc.).

Fighting Rachel, just make sure you can set things up first before Rachel if you decide on playing full screen a bit.
Defending in the corner is something you'll have to get used to with experience.

Keihart

I just ordered de LE from Amazon, i couldn't resist anymore after watching Kokonoe's moveset and the cool poster with the moves for all characters.

Edit: A friend of mine bought the digital japanese version, is the online of that version compatible with the NA version?

Fighting Rachel, just make sure you can set things up first before Rachel if you decide on playing full screen a bit.
Defending in the corner is something you'll have to get used to with experience.

It's mostly that I feel that none of the Rachels I've played before were good at actual rushdown, so it caught me very off guard.

Edit: A friend of mine bought the digital japanese version, is the online of that version compatible with the NA version?

Yes, hell, it's so compatible that if you had the JP version before your player data gets transfered to the NA version.

Is kokonoe dlc? Cause I don't see her on the character select

Yup, free with digital versions (pre-order only I think), or $8 :|

Keihart

It's mostly that I feel that none of the Rachels I've played before were good at actual rushdown, so it caught me very off guard.

Yes, hell, it's so compatible that if you had the JP version before your player data gets transfered to the NA version.

Yup, free with digital versions (pre-order only I think), or $8 :|

Oh great news, thanx man. A shame on that DLC char tho. My mains are Rachel and Jin tho, so ill have enough to entertain myself for a while.

Haha, someone like me. I have no interest in the story mode.

I think Injustice and MK have been the only story modes I've given a shit about.

So I'm likely to pay the 3 bucks for convenience. I am part of the problem.

You COULD just skip all of the dialogue and be done with the story mode in a couple of hours too you know

Uraizen

Banned
Haha, someone like me. I have no interest in the story mode.

I think Injustice and MK have been the only story modes I've given a shit about.

So I'm likely to pay the 3 bucks for convenience. I am part of the problem.

Don't worry, I paid for him, too. My time is more valuable to me than $3. I bought it solely to play with friends, not the story mode.

Top Bottom