• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Onemic

Yet I can count the number I've fought on one hand...

Maybe they'll ban her from Evo if the patch isn't out?

Well, not from playing, but from watching, at least.

And for some reason, considering the reluctance of banning her tournys I doubt she'll be banned from Evo if the patch doesnt hit by then.

cj_iwakura

Well, not from playing, but from watching, at least.

And for some reason, considering the reluctance of banning her tournys I doubt she'll be banned from Evo if the patch doesnt hit by then.

It should scare you from tournaments, but not the game.

I have yet to see a single Kokonoe outside of player matches.

Rhapsody

Banned
After an exciting mirror GF, Kokonoe just took the NW Regional tournament. I'm going to need lots more practice against her.

I'd like to think Tsubaki may have a chance the others don't, but that's probably mad wishful thinking.

Honestly, Bananaken and Pain are the only strong Kokonoe players worth worrying about in the US. Most of the ones I see that main her in tourney and netplay aren't worth worrying about. There are some good ones that sub her, but it's mostly because they have strong fundamentals to begin with.

For me, I'm using her less again. She's fun using online because she blows up a lot of bad habits I see since she capitalizes on it so well. I agree she's really powerful, but it annoys me more that they put all the blame on her when losing instead of realizing their bad habits (like mashing on wakeup and doing bad rolls). So yeah, it's fun to expose netplay tactics with her lol

As for Tsubaki, the only good thing about her in this matchup is that her gatlings track like Azrael's, which makes punishing teleports a lot easier. That and she's one of the characters that can roll out of the lazy 5C Black Hole setup (but good Kokonoe players will go for the real setup on her).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The Vita version is already updated, right? I guess that would explain why I have yet to run into a Kokonoe online in that version.

RoeBear

Honestly, Bananaken and Pain are the only strong Kokonoe players worth worrying about in the US. Most of the ones I see that main her in tourney and netplay aren't worth worrying about. There are some good ones that sub her, but it's mostly because they have strong fundamentals to begin with.

For me, I'm using her less again. She's fun using online because she blows up a lot of bad habits I see since she capitalizes on it so well. I agree she's really powerful, but it annoys me more that they put all the blame on her when losing instead of realizing their bad habits (like mashing on wakeup and doing bad rolls). So yeah, it's fun to expose netplay tactics with her lol

I feel like she's not unbeatable. She can definitely get annoying but most people I run into that play her are just terrible. Your Kokonoe is good, but I still feel like I can win if I play smart and get lucky.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I feel like she's not unbeatable. She can definitely get annoying but most people I run into that play her are just terrible. Your Kokonoe is good, but I still feel like I can win if I play smart and get lucky.
DNe4nD6.gif

cj_iwakura

Is anyone here really good with her that I can practice against?

cj_iwakura

I had some good luck wake up using Tsubaki's DP last night. I also should consider her fireball...

Contemplating going to CEO for real practice, but... DC.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Roebear. You'll have to refrain from mashing on after air and ground teching, especially against Kokonoe and Azrael.
I saw wakeup Jin 6B at one point. Same goes for against Kokonoe oki since that setup forces Carl to block.

RoeBear

GGs, Roebear. You'll have to refrain from mashing on after air and ground teching, especially against Kokonoe and Azrael.
I saw wakeup Jin 6B at one point. Same goes for against Kokonoe oki since that setup forces Carl to block.

I felt like no matter what I did I could never hit you. Nothing was working. Those pins were getting extremely annoying since they're pushing me in the corner every time, on top of hitting me. Every move seemed to leave me at a disadvantage.

Azreal I just have no idea what was going on I was holding tech and every time he got another hit on me.

Overall a bad night.

Edit: Salt/ knew I was mashing

Anne

Pssssst I have word certain EC players are going Kokonoe soon in 1.1. Don't ask when the patch is going to be out to deal with her, you're still dealing with the same character doing the same neutral and killing you. They didn't fix any of the real things with the character. In all honesty, had the patch not been announced the character would probably be banned.

Long story short, if you want to play BBCP even in 1.1, you're just going to have to suck it up and deal with her. She's still going to be a very popular pick, especially after other chars got nerfed.

Pssssst I have word certain EC players are going Kokonoe soon in 1.1. Don't ask when the patch is going to be out to deal with her, you're still dealing with the same character doing the same neutral and killing you. They didn't fix any of the real things with the character. In all honesty, had the patch not been announced the character would probably be banned.

Long story short, if you want to play BBCP even in 1.1, you're just going to have to suck it up and deal with her. She's still going to be a very popular pick, especially after other chars got nerfed.

Honestly, at this point I'm just happy at least Gravitron was nerfed

Btw, is Bullet actually not that bad in this match up or is it just my local people being as bad against Bullet as online noobs are against Tager

Seriously I swear I've seen some of them call her high tier and I just laughed

Anne

Btw, is Bullet actually not that bad in this match up or is it just my local people being as bad against Bullet as online noobs are against Tager

Idk MU specific stuff in depth, but Bullet is considered the bottom character in 1.0 for a reason. I have no idea how she'd even attempt to fight Koko, I'd imagine she dies super hard.

Idk MU specific stuff in depth, but Bullet is considered the bottom character in 1.0 for a reason. I have no idea how she'd even attempt to fight Koko, I'd imagine she dies super hard.

Honestly I have no idea how it happens either but my Bullet does better against the local Koko than my Mu.

I was hoping she'd be out of the bottom in 1.1, but I'm just not seeing it. To be fair I'm not sure what she'd exactly need either.

Rhapsody

Banned

Bullet is such an easy matchup for Kokonoe. She suffers at pretty much every range against her

I've lost count on the number of perfects I've gotten against her.

RoeBear

I'd imagine the only way a Bullet could beat a Kokonoe is if they're mashing like crazy. If they have some semblance of patience It'd be impossible to even put up a fight.

Bullet is such an easy matchup for Kokonoe. She suffers at pretty much every range against her

I've lost count on the number of perfects I've gotten against her.

I'd imagine the only way a Bullet could beat a Kokonoe is if they're mashing like crazy. If they have some semblance of patience It'd be impossible to even put up a fight.

Yeah I feel the same, but the guys here are just so bad at fighting her at times...

Nyoro SF

1.1 has made me more aggrieved about Kagura. He feels more boring to play...? And in a post-1.0 Kokonoe meta, both Hakumen and Kagura seem like bad investments.

I've been playing a lot on the Vita version, and all I can say is that I feel disappointed with the way things turned out in terms of balance.

I guess on the bright side of things, the BBCP Vita has turned me into a much better pad player.

cj_iwakura

Well, at least I'm no less screwed in a corner than I am against anyone else...

Connection seems fine.

Maybe her English voice so I get some enjoyment. :p At least she has a personality, not dead.

Rhapsody

Banned
Well, at least I'm no less screwed in a corner than I am against anyone else...

Connection seems fine.

Maybe her English voice so I get some enjoyment. :p At least she has a personality, not dead.

Don't mash 5B or 2A every time on wakeup. More than half of the beginning of rounds you're doing 3C like I said when we last played.

Like most people, I think you'll have to play a less risky opening gambit and mash less on wakeup.
I have a huge advantage on knockdown.

And Kokonoe only sounds bored because there's no one strong enough to challenge her, haha

Edit: Fullscreen supers and wakeup Valiant/Hornets huh...

cj_iwakura

Don't mash 5B or 2A every time on wakeup. More than half of the beginning of rounds you're doing 3C like I said when we last played.

Like most people, I think you'll have to play a less risky opening gambit and mash less on wakeup.
I have a huge advantage on knockdown.

And Kokonoe only sounds bored because there's no one strong enough to challenge her, haha

Well,she's more fun in English...

Any suggestions?

Oh, I LOVE their intro.

Rhapsody

Banned
Is there anything that can be done in the corner? With either character?

Yes. Block. Don't wake up 5C/2C/Valiant with Azrael. I'm on advantage after a knockdown.

You know about options like barriering? You should try to push me back with that more.

Edit: If you want me to use anyone else, just ask.

cj_iwakura

I'm terrible with barriering. I keep forgetting the input.

And even if I get out of a corner combo, how should I react? Jump away, attack, specific combo?

Thanks for the games, but I feel like I didn't learn much but a couple effective hits and praying to god no one picks her in July. :( Or at very least falls for the easy stuff(unlikely).

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7314-cp-tsubaki-vs-kokonoe/

I try to read that, but they're kind of advanced for me.

If you opt to back away and charge at the start of the match, try to make sure to have at least 2+ charge before getting in.
Charge is extremely important here. Not just for combos, but for getting around her setups and even the black hole super setup.
[4]6D > 236D is EXTREMELY useful in this matchup.
Look at her meter when she's combo'ing (or even pressuring) you in the corner. If it's going to 50% or if it's more, you should burst, unless you want to get hit by black hole super.
Her 3C can beat our 5B in neutral so try not to abuse 5B. 3C seems to be her only useful poke in neutral.
Her j.A will beat your aerials. Counter with j.236A.
Your 2C can be beat with j.2C.
Meaty 5A 5BB should make her block if she backdashes and CH her if she teleports.
Her 2A low profiles 5B so you have to be careful using it in midrange. A good example of a place not to use it at is after you block her 3C.
3C is good in neutral if you want to call out a trap or ball summon.
Throw/Command Grab to punish her super is good because you will be invulnerable when the ball comes down.
You can use banana super to lock her down long enough so that she can't stop you from running past traps but don't get too greedy.

[4]6D > 236D is EXTREMELY useful in this matchup.
Look at her meter when she's combo'ing (or even pressuring) you in the corner. If it's going to 50% or if it's more, you should burst, unless you want to get hit by black hole super.
Her 3C can beat our 5B in neutral so try not to abuse 5B. 3C seems to be her only useful poke in neutral.
Her j.A will beat your aerials. Counter with j.236A.
Your 2C can be beat with j.2C.

A lot of that is greek.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm terrible with barriering. I keep forgetting the input.

And even if I get out of a corner combo, how should I react? Jump away, attack, specific combo?

Thanks for the games, but I feel like I didn't learn much but a couple effective hits and praying to god no one picks her in July. :( Or at very least falls for the easy stuff(unlikely).

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7314-cp-tsubaki-vs-kokonoe/

I try to read that, but they're kind of advanced for me.

Barrier is just guarding with A+B. On a lower level, you're going to want to stay patient until you see an opponent. Weaker moves I get to pressure longer with, moves like 5C and 3C end my pressure and you have to react accordingly. There's no one answer to escape when you see that opening, you'll have to figure out what to do. The way I learned defense when I started was watching BB vids and concentrating solely on defense and how they react to moves. I try to think why they'd do that option.

You have a habit of mashing too much in this game. This goes for wakeup, block, and combo. I hope you don't take some of the stuff I did as disrespecting. I did 5C/3C at the start of rounds lots of 5Cs at a distance to get you to realize that pressing an attack isn't good in those situations.

Some notable mashing I remember is Terumi's 6C is blocked so you did another 6C. You mashed counter super during Hakumen combos. And tried to do DP on my wakeup. Also if I block your air attacks when I'm on the ground, don't do 214A/B/C/D. Just land and pressure with normals. That move is punishable, so I just waited for it.

As for combos, you'll have to learn how Tsubaki's offense and pressure works if you want to win consistently. Her simple midscreen combo ends in 236B 214B 22B (just hold the B button until it automatically releases). Watch videos of Konan and Kurseu and see how they start their offense.

vocab

Alpha counter is so damn good/important in BB and Kof13. A lot of people want to save their meter for RC, EX, Super, but whats the point when you are in the corner eating mixups till death. Get out of that corner.

Rhapsody

Banned
I forgot to say you shouldn't be worrying about Kokonoe. You should just be aware of BB players that have put in the time in general. The issues you're having is on a fundamental level than a matchup level.

Alpha counter is so damn good/important in BB and Kof13. A lot of people want to save their meter for RC, or super, but whats the point when you are in the corner eating mixup. Get out of that corner.

Yeah, it's really helpful. I would love to see more mid level players also utilize IB barrier more too.

Alpha Counter really helps too when you feel like you're going to have that mental guard break and get opened up as well.

Alpha counter is so damn good/important in BB and Kof13. A lot of people want to save their meter for RC, EX, Super, but whats the point when you are in the corner eating mixups till death. Get out of that corner.

I was starting to get in the habit of using it, but for some reason haven't been doing that lately. It seriously is a very important thing to always have in mind.

Decided to pick the game up again.

I think I've racked up around 20 losses so far tonight. No wins.

It feels like I don't have the sense for these games anymore.

It's weird, people usually tell you to stop playing something if you're not having any fun with it, but despite feeling nothing but negative emotions while playing, I feel compelled to continue even if I know I won't feel any better in the end. I'm not sure why that is but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

In a better mood I would generally ask if anyone wants to play but I realize there's no joy in fighting someone who can't even present a decent challenge.

Onemic

Decided to pick the game up again.

I think I've racked up around 20 losses so far tonight. No wins.

It feels like I don't have the sense for these games anymore.

It's weird, people usually tell you to stop playing something if you're not having any fun with it, but despite feeling nothing but negative emotions while playing, I feel compelled to continue even if I know I won't feel any better in the end. I'm not sure why that is but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

In a better mood I would generally ask if anyone wants to play but I realize there's no joy in fighting someone who can't even present a decent challenge.

i can be your punching bag :)

Top Bottom