• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs everyone, especially to oneprostheticarm. That was helpful Tager experience for my subs.

Too bad I had a weak showing with my main Rachel though, haha.

Been playing for the last couple of hours and I'm finally starting to win more than I lose

*knocks on wood*

Feels good that I'm starting to recognize what I need to do in certain matchups.

Too bad that every few days that I overcome a particular matchup, another one comes along to slap me in the face. Right now it's Noel.

Onemic

Sweet, downloading the patch now.

Edit: oh man, I am loving these Izayoi changes. Her movement in GA is completely different than in 1.0

Rhapsody

Banned
Learning Kokonoe's new setups along with Terumi stuff. The changes feel rather weird for both characters at the moment, but I'm getting used to them.

OceanBlue

Anyone use a PS4 pad at all? I can't seem to get mine to connect to the PS3 let alone Blazblue.

I haven't tried it with Blazblue, but the PS3 should read it as a generic USB controller. If I remember correctly, that means no Bluetooth, no Home button, etc. It should work otherwise though by just plugging it in.

Shouta

Hrm, it's not recognizing for me at all. I wonder if it's because I'm using an old JP PS3, one of the fat ones from around the LBP launch.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Nu's astral hits hilariously high now. If Azrael normal jumps then forward dashes in front of Nu when she does it, he'll get sucked into Nu's arms.

4B, 2DD, Astral is now a fairly reliable combo.

RoeBear

You still have a habit of mashing after you tech or block. Same goes for doing vivace where you shouldn't :/

It's basically giving me free damage at times.

It's basically because I have no idea how to fight Kokonoe. All her moves are just ridiculous. I couldn't even punish a raw teleport with no fireball because she doesn't make sense. As you saw when I fought someone else like oneprostheticarm I can understand what to do because he has clearly visible recovery that he can't hide with mashing 5A and 2A over and over.

being annoyed a little is a bit different than get touched, get sandwiched, get ready for the next round

but yea, ggs

i'm gonna try to actually level up a bit sometime between now and next weekend, and actually give you a reason to fear platinum

RoeBear

being annoyed a little is a bit different than get touched, get sandwiched, get ready for the next round

but yea, ggs

i'm gonna try to actually level up a bit sometime between now and next weekend, and actually give you a reason to fear platinum

I understand, Carl can steal rounds especially if I can hit you with that slap pull in move cause that's a 3k combo plus a sandwich.

Also I never realized that that command grab gives back your items even if they're superfied.

I was also really impressed when you saw me baiting bursts and could tell.
It made me angry >_<

SoldnerKei

Sweet, downloading the patch now.

Edit: oh man, I am loving these Izayoi changes. Her movement in GA is completely different than in 1.0

oh yes indeed, now she can be my main waifu instead of a simple sub waifu... I got bodied online with her thou lol it's supposed that it should be easier to get out of the corner with her, but I still find it difficult

Jin seems almost unchanged to me, some corner comboes are trickier to do now, other than that I don't find a major difference

x Misogi

Anyone use a PS4 pad at all? I can't seem to get mine to connect to the PS3 let alone Blazblue.

I still use mine and I was able to play BB with it this morning.

I like Bullet's 5C a little more now.

[EDIT]

Will anyone be playing tonight? I'm trying to get some games in.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's basically because I have no idea how to fight Kokonoe. All her moves are just ridiculous. I couldn't even punish a raw teleport with no fireball because she doesn't make sense. As you saw when I fought someone else like oneprostheticarm I can understand what to do because he has clearly visible recovery that he can't hide with mashing 5A and 2A over and over.

I'm pretty sure I've said here that I'll wakeup teleport if people are trying to meaty me with a move with longer recovery constantly.

Your match with Tager, I saw you mash 5B after air teching a lot, and even after blocking point blank spark bolt which is plus for Tager.
A better example would be against my friend's Azrael. He was getting pretty annoyed that you were mashing even at +2 to even +5 moves.

You can even check last night's match when I used Terumi. I'm just saying besides the teching problem, you have issues getting out of frame traps. Terumi's 2A and 5B are both plus on block unlike Kokonoe, and you were getting CHed out of those too.

Personally I'm more annoyed by mashing after teching. You whiffed allegretto and still tried to mash when you landed and got CHed :/

ApolloJoh

Lol my character feels the same.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. No harm in that though.

Only thing that needs adjusting to is Berial Edge's flipping property with Ragna and 4B with staff being a little different with Litchi.

Think they adjusted the damage of their combos too but not sure.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Messing around with koko just so I can learn to block some stuff, Her teleport is way way more manageable now. It's only going to cross you up in the if she's a certain distance near you.

SoldnerKei

Messing around with koko just so I can learn to block some stuff, Her teleport is way way more manageable now. It's only going to cross you up in the if she's a certain distance near you.

I wish Izayoi's had that invincibility frame :I

thou I am liking the D Sonic Sabre + Mirage Thruster crossup, this girl looks hella fancier now

OceanBlue

&#26407;&#12494;&#12456;&#12523;(CV.&#26089;&#35211;&#27801;&#32340;) &#8207;@oboronoel 4m

black hole can't escape by ……&#8548; (Interim) Jin Arakune HAKU-MEN Tsubaki Hazama Makoto Platinum Reliuse Bullet &#957;-13 Izayoi Kagura
Damn lol. The three characters I was most interested in playing are on this list.

Shame about Bullet, but at least Mu seems to be able to escape it then?

If I had to guess, it'd be with Tachi somehow? Not sure how since it lacks invincibility iirc but hey I'll take it.

&#956;-12(623C>63214B)

So what you're telling me is that the change to the DP was actually a secret buff for this? Huh.

How does that work though? I mean, by the time the DP is over shouldn't the black hole get you?

Top Bottom