• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

i can be your punching bag :)

I appreciate the offer but what little remained of my will to play was just crushed after getting perfected 3 times in a row by the same block string repeated until I died each time.

EDIT: Oh wow I bounced back already. Disregard everything I said before as it is/was all self-berating nonsense. I need to start building from the bottom again and that will take time. I'm going to try and do just a few matches per day from now on, as I think that's better for me than just trying to brute force matches for hours. Should give me more time in-between sessions to contemplate things.

RoeBear

I appreciate the offer but what little remained of my will to play was just crushed after getting perfected 3 times in a row by the same block string repeated until I died each time.

EDIT: Oh wow I bounced back already. Disregard everything I said before as it is/was all self-berating nonsense. I need to start building from the bottom again and that will take time. I'm going to try and do just a few matches per day from now on, as I think that's better for me than just trying to brute force matches for hours. Should give me more time in-between sessions to contemplate things.

I feel like I'm going to feel exactly the same as you when GGxrd comes out. I know I felt that way with P4A. With P4A I put in so much time that just didn't matter I would lose to the dumbest stuff. I eventually just quit the game because I couldn't handle it.

There's so many character I love playing as in BB but I don't feel the same draw to GG, which makes it harder to want to play those games.

Fighting game problems, what can ya do.

I think I'm going to go back to Rachel. Terumi's fun and all but he became a bit boring for me. A little TOO basic imo.

Only if he just had ONE standing overhead.......

I feel like I'm going to feel exactly the same as you when GGxrd comes out. I know I felt that way with P4A. With P4A I put in so much time that just didn't matter I would lose to the dumbest stuff. I eventually just quit the game because I couldn't handle it.

There's so many character I love playing as in BB but I don't feel the same draw to GG, which makes it harder to want to play those games.

Fighting game problems, what can ya do.

My main draws towards GG are the new visuals, the fact that I've never played any of the previous games for more than 5 minutes so everything will be new to me, and it will be the first fighting game I can get for the PS4.

I think my issue at least is that I have bad fundamentals (little to no AA, jumping in at random times, attacking at random times, little to no throw breaking). But I've been expecting these problems to correct themselves without any extra effort on my part instead of stopping, watching replays and thinking things through like I did in BBCS (where I was at my best) and to a certain extent P4:A.

Think I'm gonna start maining Izayoi. I really like her movement options. Too bad shes bottom tier.

You'll have to put in some work to be able to use her at a decent level. Some of her basic combos have really strict timing which is why I started to shy away from her. I think the new patch is hitting this month IIRC so maybe that will change a little.

I think I'm going to go back to Rachel. Terumi's fun and all but he became a bit boring for me. A little TOO basic imo.

Only if he just had ONE standing overhead.......

From what I've seen of Terumi players the general gameplan seems to be either making use of j2D or staggered block strings to try and catch people who let go of block. I think the fun from playing him is supposed to come from all the stomping and trash talking he can do.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Vanilla. Need to be careful by avoiding too many netplay strats, and watch out on your button choices.

When I block random Mami Circular, then combo and you wakeup with another one, it's best to just not use the move for awhile.
You shouldn't really be using it in neutral anyways.

GGs, Vanilla. Need to be careful by avoiding too many netplay strats, and watch out on your button choices.

When I block random Mami Circular, then combo and you wakeup with another one, it's best to just not use the move for awhile.
You shouldn't really be using it in neutral anyways.

Good games. I guess I was trying to channel the Ghandi there.

I wished I had saved that last Tager match because I felt like I was actually doing something good that time but I honestly can't remember what I did exactly so I can't really replicate it.

Only second day so what can you really expect. I did notice an improvement in my play compared to yesterday but there's still a long way to go.

The first few things I want to get down are anti-air and poking because I get eaten alive by jump ins and pokes.

Something I realized about Platinum's AAs is that they are really short range, so I think I have to dash a bit before using it against something like Ragna's j5C which covers a long range. I didn't do this for any of our matches but it's something I'm going to try and keep in mind for the coming days.

As for poking Platinum's 5B is no Ragna 5B but her 3C seems to be her most reaching ground normal and I noticed I caught you with the very tip of it at times. You can't really follow up on it unless you are at a close enough range for Air Persia though (which I didn't do during our matches because currently my muscle memory tells me to end with Dream Sally after knockdown).

Nyoro SF

From what I read Vanilla it just sounds like you need to play more calm with a bit more focus.

You can alter your entire playstyle around the fact that the opponent won't have time to feel or react what you're doing using spontaneous fighting tactics. There are a few BBCP characters that are designed around forcing you to play their game in that style like Noel or Terumi but I wouldn't call Platinum the best at doing that.

I look forward to Xrd as well... I feel like the game is a bit more "controlled" when fighting is at neutral. Well, I say this, but then I watch a Sol players just go complete ham and win matches sometimes lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
From what I read Vanilla it just sounds like you need to play more calm with a bit more focus.

You can alter your entire playstyle around the fact that the opponent won't have time to feel or react what you're doing using spontaneous fighting tactics. There are a few BBCP characters that are designed around forcing you to play their game in that style like Noel or Terumi but I wouldn't call Platinum the best at doing that.

I look forward to Xrd as well... I feel like the game is a bit more "controlled" when fighting is at neutral. Well, I say this, but then I watch a Sol players just go complete ham and win matches sometimes lol.

YRC the best thing EVER.

Rhapsody

Banned
BB's neutral is so scary and weird lol. Doesn't even feel like neutral.
YRC the best thing EVER.
They really need to fix this lol

I like the idea and options it gives on specials compared to FRCs. They just need to remove YRC on some really dumb things that shouldn't have it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
BB's neutral is so scary and weird lol. Doesn't even feel like neutral.

They really need to fix this lol

I like the idea and options it gives on specials compared to FRCs. They just need to remove YRC on some really dumb things that shouldn't have it.

Chipps and Faust teleports are totally fair with YRC though!

That's true. Another thing I need to do is make more use of out her items. I've noticed that when I'm feeling nervous I'll forgo her items entirely even if I have plenty of chances to bring them out/use them.

I think that's a hold over for when I used to spend a long time in training trying to get her basic BnB stuff down, so I sometimes forget she even has them.

Best Sol's DRAGON INSTAAAAAALLL *heavy metal music* before going ham.

Rhapsody

Banned
I am free to Yukikaze.

Had to leave early because I'm keeping myself on a short timer so I wanted to get some more matches in.

Good games.

Unless you're triggering Yukikaze with a projectile which you can avoid, don't worry about it.

Just means that they got a good read or they're mashing during gaps.

Did he forget about the Clovers in his explanations?

Bullet:
Bullet, like some of the other weaker characters, needs to "get started" in order to get her game plan running. If she started in Heat level 1 or something, she would be a lot better. The stronger characters dominate her in neutral until she levels up, and even then they can still zone her. Her defensive options are poor, and her rushdown is lacking without heat. She does have good damage and decent conversion ability, but in a game that is first decided by neutral, having the weakest neutral game is crippling.

That would've been a nice buff to get in 1.1 like Hakan did going from AE to 2012 in SFIV, but she didn't :|

Unless you're triggering Yukikaze with a projectile which you can avoid, don't worry about it.

Just means that they got a good read or they're mashing during gaps.

Yeah it was one match and he just did it on wake-up a bunch of times which I ran into.

I think Platinum's 6A is one of the hardest anti-airs to use. 90% of the time I get counter-hit and the other 10% they just go through it to the other side.

I think I'm going to start trying 2C since it seems to cover a bigger range (and I've been pretty much neglecting it this entire time).

RoeBear

I'm going to send you back to green.

Too late already yellow again!

I've been wondering that for a while, what do the colors by your name mean?

It's a loose player difficulty rating that is different from level/ Dan rankings. It'll change with player, lobby and ranked matches.

The hotter the color the better the player should be with white being unevaluated and pink being dangerous. Pretty much a reverse rainbow.

Too late already yellow again!

It's a loose player difficulty rating that is different from level/ Dan rankings. It'll change with player, lobby and ranked matches.

The hotter the color the better the player should be with white being unevaluated and pink being dangerous. Pretty much a reverse rainbow.

Ahhhh.....forever green it is.

RoeBear

I know that feel. :(

Somehow I was yellow for a while (no idea how that happened), but then I decided to start playing vs Roe...

Well I mostly play oneprostheticarm and Apollojoe so that's why I'm usually stuck at yellow. I feel like teching throws adds to your color, which I never do.

hao chi

Well I mostly play oneprostheticarm and Apollojoe so that's why I'm usually stuck at yellow. I feel like teching throws adds to your color, which I never do.

Well, we'll have to play sometime this week and I'll get my yellow back and knock you down to green.

We both know that won't happen but just let me pretend.

Rhapsody

Banned
I got pink status with Izayoi. lol

Luckily I was playing good connections.
Well, we'll have to play sometime this week and I'll get my yellow back and knock you down to green.

We both know that won't happen but just let me pretend.

Pretty sure you can't go up in color or knock their color level down unless you're the same color.

Top Bottom