• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Can someone explain the black hole thing?

So if your character isn't on that list than a Kokonoe can just throw out random black holes for guaranteed free combos if they want to?

Not random black holes, but she has set ups to make them inescapable. Back in 1.0 it used to be that only about 6 characters could escape and even then there were alternate set ups for them. Now it's only those characters listed that are fucked.

Rhapsody

Banned
Messing around with koko just so I can learn to block some stuff, Her teleport is way way more manageable now. It's only going to cross you up in the if she's a certain distance near you.

I noticed that there are some instances where teleport will never cross up midscreen. When I trigger SMP with graviton activate at the end of a combo, you used to see me do 22B then cross up teleport. But no matter how next to you I am now, teleport won't cross up.
I got to yellow. We did it guys. I think I'm officially retired.

Any other Azrael players here? Curious how people set up their OD's

You can activate OD during a Valiant string after pressing 6.

As for Black Hole, with the new setup, she gets around 4k with my new BH combo. The setup is sort of specific. It's not like before where I can just tack on black hole to most of my enders. It's still an option though if you happen to get the right starter. Basically 6B, throw, or an N starter on a crouching opponent leads to it for the current setup. Also you can't trigger SMP on graviton or else it won't work.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ahh I like it. Didn't realize that. Thanks.

My friend told me with the new changes to Azrael's OD, it's better to just ODc after 5BB.

Also for the Mu getting out of Black Hole, with non OD setup (fireball/lightning setup), Mu just does late tech into Ikutachi to get out. Not sure why the tweet listed to DP first unless that's ODc only from Kokonoe.

Onemic

I think I've finally found the character that speaks to me in this game. The changes made to Izayoi are huge. I might actually be sticking around with this game now. And I'm not sure why I didn't notice this when I first tried her out(probably because in 1.0 I only used her for like an hour tops) but Izayoi's normal mode reminds me a lot of Mitsuru in P4A in terms of her 5B(feels similar to mitsus 5A) and movement/air dashes.

Izayoi seemed cool when I tried her out for a bit but I didn't have the execution chops to handle her strings. Were they made easier to perform in 1.1?

nope. At least not her normal mode combos. I haven't tried practicing her GA combos yet.

Izayoi seemed cool when I tried her out for a bit but I didn't have the execution chops to handle her strings. Were they made easier to perform in 1.1?

Rhapsody

Banned
I think I've finally found the character that speaks to me in this game. The changes made to Izayoi are huge. I might actually be sticking around with this game now. And I'm not sure why I didn't notice this when I first tried her out(probably because in 1.0 I only used her for like an hour tops) but Izayoi's normal mode reminds me a lot of Mitsuru in P4A in terms of her 5B(feels similar to mitsus 5A) and movement/air dashes.

nope. At least not her normal mode combos. I haven't tried practicing her GA combos yet.

Now go do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N33gj8dxmFQ

Oh man, I'm enjoying the change to Bullet's super command grab SO much more than I thought I would. I mean, it's not really a tier changer, but it's still quite a big deal. Before I never even considered it as one of my tools much tbh, but with this change I'm now constantly looking for tick throws and reversal super punishes.

Rhapsody

Banned
Really? I don't really like that. Maybe cause I don't know what you can get off of it. Gonna have to fool around in the lab a bit. Plus I hate how much time you lose when you ODc

Apparently it's because of the 1.1 change when you can special cancel into Sentinel to help wrack damage before the Valiant stuff.

I'm not an Azrael main though, so I don't know what percentage of health you need to be at to make it useful.

Onemic

Is Izayoi like super cool now? I don't really feel like playing the game right now. Too busy with other games.

I think so. Her GA mode is totally different in terms of movement and her trans am super is actually useful. You can also go in and out of her normal/GA mode much more safely now.

Astral

I think so. Her GA mode is totally different in terms of movement and her trans am super is actually useful. You can also go in and out of her normal/GA mode much more safely now.

Trans am is useful? Nice. Sometimes I would use it just to hear her say it. What's different about it? The requirements didn't seem worth it before.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
How are you sposed to go from Relius's 3C, 6D into 41236B? Do you just it really quick or do you have to stagger your inputs somehow? I can never get the knife blade to connect before the person recovers.

Shouta

Oh man, I'm enjoying the change to Bullet's super command grab SO much more than I thought I would. I mean, it's not really a tier changer, but it's still quite a big deal. Before I never even considered it as one of my tools much tbh, but with this change I'm now constantly looking for tick throws and reversal super punishes.

It gives her an additional, high damage mix-up on top of her normal high, low and regular throw game. It's 5k damage for a full SPD too which is basically equivalent to most combos from other folks for one good read. You can't rely on it because everyone is in the air most of the time but it's an option, and a potent one at that. It really bumps up her already strong normal game even if she's still a bit too honest compared to most chars, lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll play you next time I'm on BB ApolloJoh. I'm not dodging to keep my pink square, I swear lol

Adjusted more today with the Kokonoe changes. I still find her fun, so I want to keep her as a sub/secondary main. Pressure is definitely harder to keep than before because of the new changes. I'm dropping a lot of stuff now because of the frame data changes, so online and offline's been kinda rough for now.

Using Rachel feels more natural than Kokonoe for me though in 1.1, while 1.0 I could use them roughly the same.

RoeBear

I'll count that as a read.

Amane has changed in the fact that I can't throw out a 6D and get easy drill lvl 3.

Also Terumi seems from what I've seen a lot better. His combos no longer go on for days and his moves don't all loop into themselves. I am most likely wrong in all of this but I hope not.

Top Bottom