• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

antibolo

Banned
I'm an idiot, I bought the LE at launch but only started playing the game yesterday evening. I kinda forgot about it.

I hope the game's online scene will not drop like a rock once USF4 gets released next week. Not holding my breath though.

I'm currently trying to find a character to main. In CSEX I mostly used Ragna in ranked matches and fared decently but I'm getting pretty tired of him. What are some of the easiest characters to master?

NEO0MJ

I did not expect the new story mode to be this way. I set up my stick and every but in the end all I did was press X the whole time. I guess 26 characters were too much trouble.

NI'm currently trying to find a character to main. In CSEX I mostly used Ragna in ranked matches and fared decently but I'm getting pretty tired of him. What are some of the easiest characters to master?

Tsubaki Yayoi and Jin Kisaragi were pretty easy to get into.

cj_iwakura

I'm an idiot, I bought the LE at launch but only started playing the game yesterday evening. I kinda forgot about it.

I hope the game's online scene will not drop like a rock once USF4 gets released next week. Not holding my breath though.

It's like expecting Dark Souls to drop off because a new CoD comes out. Different demographics.

GGs to RoeBear! It's clear that I am really out of practice. I think I only took a single round on you, but I still had fun. I was mindfucked early on, so much so that I could hardly convert simple combos once I landed hits.

I still need a lot of Relius practice, but I really do like the character. I do appreciate the games!

Rhapsody

Banned
Arakune is scary again. I don't like this.

As for the USF4 thing, I'm actually going to be one of them. I might be playing BB less so I can play catchup in that game.

But I'll play BB if people want to play me. Been working on a Hazama and just trying to figure out matchups.

Essay

I've decided to challenge myself by entering BB at Evo despite only starting to play the game last month. Not sure what level I'm expecting my Litchi to be at by then, but I know that I could use more match-up experience. (I don't think I've even fought a Hazama, nu-13, Tsubaki, Izayoi, Makoto, or Arakune yet!) Any Gaffers willing to add me on PSN to help with that? Eastern Ontario, decent connection, usually play in the evening, id: RadicalEssay.

NEO0MJ

Considering I just boght this game I don't think I'll make the jump to USF4. Besides, I'm waiting for the PC version of that game.

A long while ago someone said that he was busy with another project or something like that.

That's unfortunate. They had a large window to hire him though, so I wonder why this happened.

I've decided to challenge myself by entering BB at Evo despite only starting to play the game last month. Not sure what level I'm expecting my Litchi to be at by then, but I know that I could use more match-up experience. (I don't think I've even fought a Hazama, nu-13, Tsubaki, Izayoi, Makoto, or Arakune yet!) Any Gaffers willing to add me on PSN to help with that? Eastern Ontario, decent connection, usually play in the evening, id: RadicalEssay.
I'll add you when I get home, assuming you don't mind the Hakumen or Tager matchup.

NEO0MJ

Finished Story mode, man that was heavy. I guess this is where the extra cost for the game went?

Anyways I can finally free myself to really start messing with the characters. What did they do to Tager? He's so different now. Also, 720s are a pain to perform when a character has a double jump. Any easy way to pull it off with Bullet?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Finished Story mode, man that was heavy. I guess this is where the extra cost for the game went?

Anyways I can finally free myself to really start messing with the characters. What did they do to Tager? He's so different now. Also, 720s are a pain to perform when a character has a double jump. Any easy way to pull it off with Bullet?

Did you say WTF when the credits rolled up out of no where?

Rhapsody

Banned

For Bullet, I do either dash 720s or 5A whiff into 720 by buffering it during the whiff.

It takes some practice if you want to mask and hide your 720 inputs.

NEO0MJ

Been toying around with Terumi a lot recently. He's a lot of fun and really flashy with all those supers. Might decide to main him.

NEO0MJ

I had a feeling about that. Still, I'm gonna try playing him for a couple of weeks and if he's really bad I'll try one of the other new characters, probably Bullet or Azrael.

Rhapsody

Banned
Terumi isn't bad and he's always been mid tier. It's just so many people have no idea how to use him and autopilot with him and say he's bad.

Essay

GG's Roe and OPA. The variety was appreciated. Learned that Litchi's dead-angle gets low-profiled for free by Hazama, and that I have to stop trying to anti-air everything with 5A. Also, Relius completely violates the depths of my skull. >.<

solid mike

Bought game 2 months ago and I haven't really been able to invest a good amount of time on it.

With GG Xrd coming out this year, is there an incentive to push through with BBCP? Please convince me GAF, I'd like to love this game.

antibolo

Banned
Bought game 2 months ago and I haven't really been able to invest a good amount of time on it.

With GG Xrd coming out this year, is there an incentive to push through with BBCP? Please convince me GAF, I'd like to love this game.

There's always going to be another game in the future. If you worry about that then you might as well never play any fighting game ever.

Rhapsody

Banned

If you like it, keep playing. It's possible Xrd might not be for you.

Plus, skill and experience learned in one game can transition into another.

cj_iwakura

They're wildly different games.

GG's Roe and OPA. The variety was appreciated. Learned that Litchi's dead-angle gets low-profiled for free by Hazama, and that I have to stop trying to anti-air everything with 5A. Also, Relius completely violates the depths of my skull. >.<

Good games, bud. I couldn't stay for that long, but always glad to fight someone who you can tell is thinking and adapting.

RoeBear

They're wildly different games.

Eh I'd agree with Rhap. Main things that will carry over are knowing to barrier, rapid canceling, throw teching, and general spacing with "air dashers".

From that Tourny thing that Busaiku put on I did relatively ok even though I didn't put much time into GG since I think Jin and Ky kinda have similar styles.

Essay

Eh I'd agree with Rhap. Main things that will carry over are knowing to barrier, rapid canceling, throw teching, and general spacing with "air dashers".

I was under the impression that throws were untechable in Xrd, just like in the manly games of old.

Speaking of which, for those of you that have success with throw breaks in BB, what's your thought process like? Are you sticking to the barrier+throw option select at possible throw points, just gambling B+C raw when you go back to neutral for the extra 13 frames it adds to your tech window, or a bit of both?

Rhapsody

Banned
I was under the impression that throws were untechable in Xrd, just like in the manly games of old.

Speaking of which, for those of you that have success with throw breaks in BB, what's your thought process like? Are you sticking to the barrier+throw option select at possible throw points, just gambling B+C raw when you go back to neutral for the extra 13 frames it adds to your tech window, or a bit of both?

Yeah, throws aren't techable in Xrd.

As for how I tech, it's generally how I tech in other fighters. If I'm anticipating a throw when they're in range, I'll input throw. The exclamation points help out when I'm solely focusing on defense. I don't really barrier throw OS much as I used to in CT (since there was no TRM).

Fighting game? I can't think of another where she would fit.

chara_img03.jpg

RoeBear

Platinum for Arcana Heart?

I guess I can see this. It would make me steer very clear of the game though :p

Cosmo Clock 21 I don't get what you're trying to say. If it's that she could be in XBlaze I don't agree. From the demo she wouldn't belong, but then again that's just a section of the game.

Top Bottom