• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

This is gonna sound silly but it's driving me absolutely nuts at the moment.

As far as I've understood it, Chrono Phantasma is out in the UK and the EU but no matter how I hard try to look at the store I cant find it anywhere. I've tried looking it up on the PS3, on a browser and even on my vita but it just isn't there. I live in Finland and have a normal EU account.

Anyone else have a similiar problem?

Yes, i don't see it on PSN either. (Netherlands here)
I can only surmise it's out in some parts of Europe but not others, as occasionally happens. God knows why though.

wighti

Yeah, I looked it up on the Sony Finlands page and it's there and has the 'available in the store' sticker on it. Still nowhere to be seen. I tried emailing them but I sincerely doubt there'll be any kind of a reply

RoeBear

Yes I'm salty as hell but I've been playing straight for about 5 hours.

Also I hate playing against platinum so damn much. The VA just gets on my last nerve. It's one of the reasons I usually dodge Master Milk.

Rhapsody

Banned

Also I hate playing against platinum so damn much. The VA just gets on my last nerve. It's one of the reasons I usually dodge Master Milk.

lol Sorry. My Platinum's honest though!

She was my CS2 and EX main (aside from Rachel). I just didn't like how she was in 1.0.

Edit: I'm considering not using Kokonoe anymore unless I'm really bored. It was funny to try all the broken stuff she had in 1.0, but I'm getting slightly bored of her which is why I'm back to Platinum. I'm starting to think as 1.1 goes on, Kokonoe is going to be in her own tier again.

RoeBear

lol Sorry. My Platinum's honest though!

She was my CS2 and EX main (aside from Rachel). I just didn't like how she was in 1.0.

Nah man it's just my back was killing me cause I have the worst posture while playing with my stick. Plus 5 hours of trying to get good with amane gets on my nerves.

Speaking of amane what do I do when people get close to me. Is 6A what I'm supposed to do? I feel once someone closes in on me it's done.

I'll play later tonight but too much vidya gamz atm.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nah man it's just my back was killing me cause I have the worst posture while playing with my stick. Plus 5 hours of trying to get good with amane gets on my nerves.

Speaking of amane what do I do when people get close to me. Is 6A what I'm supposed to do? I feel once someone closes in on me it's done.

I'll play later tonight but too much vidya gamz atm.

Haha, that happens to me too, but I sit on the floor when I play so I stay hunched over at times which is bad (and it doesn't help the wrists).

I'm actually not sure what Amane should do when he's pressure, it's pretty difficult once someone gets in.
Might want to check this Amane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-7wrVq-0wU

You'll see him appear throughout the five videos, but I thought the Amane was pretty good, especially considering he's dealing with Tsujikawa's Kokonoe.

RoeBear

Haha, that happens to me too, but I sit on the floor when I play so I stay hunched over at times which is bad (and it doesn't help the wrists).

I'm actually not sure what Amane should do when he's pressure, it's pretty difficult once someone gets in.
Might want to check this Amane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-7wrVq-0wU

You'll see him appear throughout the five videos, but I thought the Amane was pretty good, especially considering he's dealing with Tsujikawa's Kokonoe.

Yeah I sit on the floor too. I don't get the wrist hurting but hunching takes it's toll.

Yeah it seems like the Amane just takes it. I guess I should do jump 2b more on knock down and then get away. Keeping that distance is just so hard.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anyone have tips for doing block strings?

I'd like to be able to put someone on lockdown 24/7 in the same way that most people online do to me.

It's highly character dependent, find out what moves you recover fast from with decent block stun is a starter. Find out what moves you can jump cancel as well.

No characters can truly look down a character 24/7 though, barrier, instant block, and instant barrier all prevent this.

OceanBlue

Why are Hazama's basic combos so hard? lol

Something I've noticed while trying to do 5B 3C 214D~C dash 5A with Hazama is that, instead of doing 214D~C dash 5A, you can do 214D~dash+C 5A and it still lets you connect with 5C 2C afterwards (I haven't tried anything past that). It's a lot easier for me since you can just mash out the dash instead of linking it. Is that something you can do in general or will I need learn to link a dash after 214D~C regardless?

Also I'm up to play if anyone's able. :D

It's highly character dependent, find out what moves you recover fast from with decent block stun is a starter. Find out what moves you can jump cancel as well.

No characters can truly look down a character 24/7 though, barrier, instant block, and instant barrier all prevent this.

I guess my issue is I don't know how to properly mix things up like many people online can. By that I mean where they link attacks and strings in different ways fluidly. Where as I tend to just autopilot by accident because I'm not at the point where I can comfortably think about what I'm actually doing in the moment so I end up deferring to muscle memory to compensate.

I guess I'll have to hit training mode again and try to figure things out.

RoeBear

Something I've noticed while trying to do 5B 3C 214D~C dash 5A with Hazama is that, instead of doing 214D~C dash 5A, you can do 214D~dash+C 5A and it still lets you connect with 5C 2C afterwards (I haven't tried anything past that). It's a lot easier for me since you can just mash out the dash instead of linking it. Is that something you can do in general or will I need learn to link a dash after 214D~C regardless?

You got off right as I was able :(

Rhapsody

Banned
I guess my issue is I don't know how to properly mix things up like many people online can. By that I mean where they link attacks and strings in different ways fluidly. Where as I tend to just autopilot by accident because I'm not at the point where I can comfortably think about what I'm actually doing in the moment so I end up deferring to muscle memory to compensate.

I guess I'll have to hit training mode again and try to figure things out.

Learning how to use blockstrings and open people up takes a bit to get used to. You're going to have to figure out how to cycle between going for tick throws, frame traps, or high/low. It might be helpful to look through videos and see how other players open opponents up with your character.

Which character are you trying to figure out blockstrings for?

Learning how to use blockstrings and open people up takes a bit to get used to. You're going to have to figure out how to cycle between going for tick throws, frame traps, or high/low. It might be helpful to look through videos and see how other players open opponents up with your character.

Which character are you trying to figure out blockstrings for?

Platinum.

Maybe I should look up what a frame trap is first. :p

Uraizen

Banned
Platinum.

Maybe I should look up what a frame trap is first. :p

Say my move is plus on block and we both have a jab with a 6 frame startup. Guess who is going to win if we're both pressing jab? Trapped!

Basically you leave a gap on purpose in a block string where you can catch the opponent pressing a button.

Of course with BB you have to keep in mind that stuff like instant block can negate some of that advantage and blah blah blah.

I just watch carefully and see where my opponent is highest in the air after the sweep. Right before that moment, I press C. After that I just slowly watch them fall and press 5A right before I think they can tech. Sneaking in a micro-dash makes it easier for me for some reason.

Say my move is plus on block and we both have a jab with a 6 frame startup. Guess who is going to win if we're both pressing jab? Trapped!

Basically you leave a gap on purpose in a block string where you can catch the opponent pressing a button.

Of course with BB you have to keep in mind that stuff like instant block can negate some of that advantage and blah blah blah.

I guess I already kind of do that with Platinum's 3C. Although that's more a case of catching people who thought I ended the string early versus creating a situation where I can outmash them.

Anyone want to play? I want to play with Hazama and Amane.
I'll even play Platinum players.

I guess I will.

Man, I'm a little annoyed with my local BB group, they cancelled today's reunion because only 4 people confirmed assisting so instead they just made an online lobby :|

I mean, even if it's only 4 offline is just better than online damn it, and considering how small the place we play at is it's not even necessarily a bad thing

Edit: I feel bad because I don't even want these super throws to be purple ones

Rhapsody

Banned
My Platinum's doing great lately. I've missed using her after EX. Been having a lot of success lately against locals and online. It's just ApolloJoe that I can't beat consistently with her. Probably Roebear's Carl too if I ever get to try that matchup. The Carl matchup is tough for her.

I guess I already kind of do that with Platinum's 3C. Although that's more a case of catching people who thought I ended the string early versus creating a situation where I can outmash them.

I guess that's a frame trap example, but that's only if the 3C was a counter hit.

Basically there are two ways to do frame traps. One would be the example made earlier with plus frame moves. As Terumi, you'll do something like 2AA 5B, then dash and 2A. If you do it right, the opponent could get CHed.

The other is by delaying your strings. Let's say I do Platinum's 5B into 5C. If I press it right away there isn't a gap and it's not going to open them up. The opponent can't mash anything in between. But if I do 5B (pause) 5C, there's just enough time for them to stick a move out, but not enough time for it to come out fast enough to hit you.

Doing something like 5A 5B 5C 3C 236D blockstring as Terumi isn't going to do you any good. All that does is put you on disadvantage and won't open them up since they can't mash anything out in a solid blockstring.

In other words, you'll want to end gatlings early so you can stay in at times and not just autopilot blockstrings. Afterwards, you'll get familiar with knowing when to either go for a throw, high/low, or a frame trap.

RoeBear

My Platinum's doing great lately. I've missed using her after EX. Been having a lot of success lately against locals and online. It's just ApolloJoe that I can't beat consistently with her. Probably Roebear's Carl too if I ever get to try that matchup. The Carl matchup is tough for her.

ApolloJoe is so good with his hit confirms. Battles quickly become an uphill battle since he'll use his OD fairly early in the match. Platinum can separate me from my doll, so that can be annoying.
I also don't play patient Carl :/

Still having trouble with realizing what to do with Amane. On the bright side, I managed to get a double micro dash combo with Hazama online!!!

This game sounds annoying in general. I still play with the sound off. Like, monitor volume is always at 0%. Supposedly sound ques are nice, but, and online especially, we're not playing at a level where it matters. Stop torturing yourself.

cj_iwakura

This game sounds annoying in general. I still play with the sound off. Like, monitor volume is always at 0%. Supposedly sound ques are nice, but, and online especially, we're not playing at a level where it matters. Stop torturing yourself.

I love BlazBlue's music. But Platinum's voice is the worst thing ever. I can tolerate her English VA, but Japanese? Kill it with fire.

I guess that's a frame trap example, but that's only if the 3C was a counter hit.

Basically there are two ways to do frame traps. One would be the example made earlier with plus frame moves. As Terumi, you'll do something like 2AA 5B, then dash and 2A. If you do it right, the opponent could get CHed.

The other is by delaying your strings. Let's say I do Platinum's 5B into 5C. If I press it right away there isn't a gap and it's not going to open them up. The opponent can't mash anything in between. But if I do 5B (pause) 5C, there's just enough time for them to stick a move out, but not enough time for it to come out fast enough to hit you.

Doing something like 5A 5B 5C 3C 236D blockstring as Terumi isn't going to do you any good. All that does is put you on disadvantage and won't open them up since they can't mash anything out in a solid blockstring.

In other words, you'll want to end gatlings early so you can stay in at times and not just autopilot blockstrings. Afterwards, you'll get familiar with knowing when to either go for a throw, high/low, or a frame trap.

Ok then, this is what I'll be working on next. Need to turn off that autopilot. :p

RoeBear

Well as a Carl player I need to sometimes hear I got the right move out. Otherwise, yeah I'd mute the game.

Yesterday's matches showed me that I have no idea what to even do in the Amane matchup with Mu. Somehow I feel more comfortable with Bullet against Amane but I'm pretty sure that's a bad match up for her :|

RoeBear

Yesterday's matches showed me that I have no idea what to even do in the Amane matchup with Mu. Somehow I feel more comfortable with Bullet against Amane but I'm pretty sure that's a bad match up for her :|

Well I'd say that Bullet has the better match up. She can apply pressure close while Mu needs spacing which is where Amane wants to be. Amane C moves prevent you from throwing out steins so he can lock down half of your game. Bullet can't really charge her heat up, but that's not as important imo.

Well I'd say that Bullet has the better match up. She can apply pressure close while Mu needs spacing which is where Amane wants to be. Amane C moves prevent you from throwing out steins so he can lock down half of your game. Bullet can't really charge her heat up, but that's not as important imo.

Yeaaaaaaaaa, you made that very clear on multiple occasions. lol

Maybe, but Bullet has to deal with trying to get in with her crappy lv0 dash and no way to go through anything because all of Amane's attacks are physical, while Mu gets better movement, long range normals,Tachi (even if it'd need to be cancelled with a rapid), and a projectile that keeps going even if she's hit.

Maybe it's just match up experience with Bullet and inexperience with Mu, but I feel that a proper Amane just makes Bullet's life miserable.

Rhapsody

Banned
With the characters I used, I never had too many issues with Amane. Never found it that hard to bulldog your way in.
Might be because of all that CT Nu practice, but it's really difficult for Amane to keep people out.

Great range doesn't always equal great keepaway. Blocking his attacks pull you in and there are certain dead spots where he'll have to retreat again or approach. Pretty sure Mu's 5C range is one of those spots. Once you get a good enough combo down where she sets up oki and a safe jump, it's pretty hard for Amane to get back to neutral again.

So right now I have a Rachel, Platinum, Ragna, Jin, Kokonoe, Terumi, Izayoi, and (a bad) Tager that I'm comfortable in using against people.
Trying to find out who I should work on next. I have quite a few other characters I know, but not to a level I'm satisfied with.

AutumnAve

Hello, BB gaf. I need some more ppl to play this game against, currently have zero motivation to practice. I'll play Amane, Nu, Platinum, Noel and Rachel on any given day., and I need to improve in nearly every aspect. I think I have some of you guys on my PSN friends list, so lets get into sometime. I'd like to spread my wings a bit and branch out from third strike and AE.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hello, BB gaf. I need some more ppl to play this game against, currently have zero motivation to practice. I'll play Amane, Nu, Platinum, Noel and Rachel on any given day., and I need to improve in nearly every aspect. I think I have some of you guys on my PSN friends list, so lets get into sometime. I'd like to spread my wings a bit and branch out from third strike and AE.

You can add my PSN: Rhapzody_

I don't play as much as I used to, and generally it'll be against people with decent connections with me. But I don't mind playing people that want to learn.

hao chi

Feel free to add me. I haven't been online much recently, but I plan on playing more soon.

PSN: hao-chi

OceanBlue

Same as these guys! I don't go on too much but I want to play you guys. Too bad my internet is butt.

PSN: Harukaismywaifu

You got off right as I was able :(

Sorry :(. It was a bit late and I was tired.

I just watch carefully and see where my opponent is highest in the air after the sweep. Right before that moment, I press C. After that I just slowly watch them fall and press 5A right before I think they can tech. Sneaking in a micro-dash makes it easier for me for some reason.

I can't do it by just pressing 5A, so I assumed you had to dash at some point. I'm just bad at microdashes lol, especially after 214D~C which has a lot more recovery than I thought it would.

Rhapsody

Banned
I can't do it by just pressing 5A, so I assumed you had to dash at some point. I'm just bad at microdashes lol, especially after 214D~C which has a lot more recovery than I thought it would.
I'm going to assume you mean 214D~B instead of C, right? You'd be using C version after something like a Houtenjin combo or 3C CH starter.

The inputs should be 5B > 5C > 3C > 214D 66 B > (66) 5A > 5C into jC

The microdash after 214D is needed so it changes the properties of the B follow up. The microdash before the 5A is sometimes optional but you're really going to have to learn it. You won't be landing point blank 5B/3C/etc all the time in real matches. If you feel like you're doing the microdash perfect but the 5A still doesn't connect, that's because you didn't input 214D stuff asap after 3C.

OceanBlue

I'm going to assume you mean 214D~B instead of C, right? You'd be using C version after something like a Houtenjin combo or 3C CH starter.

The inputs should be 5B > 5C > 3C > 214D 66 B > (66) 5A > 5C into jC

The microdash after 214D is needed so it changes the properties of the B follow up. The microdash before the 5A is sometimes optional but you're really going to have to learn it. You won't be landing point blank 5B/3C/etc all the time in real matches. If you feel like you're doing the microdash perfect but the 5A still doesn't connect, that's because you didn't input 214D stuff asap after 3C.

Yeah I meant the B followup lol. Good to know about needing the microdash after. I was doing 214D~66+B and it seemed to work but I wasn't sure it would work in a match.

The timing for the dash after the B ender is really strict for me though :(. BB doesn't buffer dashes as loosely as SF4 does and the move has a lot more recovery than I thought it would. I don't think it's something I could do in a normal match when trying to get used to everything else about Hazama too lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah I meant the B followup lol. Good to know about needing the microdash after. I was doing 214D~66+B and it seemed to work but I wasn't sure it would work in a match.

The timing for the dash after the B ender is really strict for me though :(. BB doesn't buffer dashes as loosely as SF4 does and the move has a lot more recovery than I thought it would. I don't think it's something I could do in a normal match when trying to get used to everything else about Hazama too lol.

I do recommend trying 214D 66 B as soon as you can after the 3C. Some people do it too slow which makes the 5A drop.

Hazama's all about microdashing since CS2. Imo, people struggle with him since they try to jump to that BnB in BBCP.
If I were you, practice something like j.B/j2C 66 2A first to get used to microdashes. Once you get that down, work your way up and do j2C 66 2A 5C 3C etc

Edit: Once you get that down, do it off of a drive starter. Doing 2A/5A into 5C is important off of drive/jump starters since they'll put you closer while something like 2B will push them away.

PSN: oneprostheticarm, if you'd like to play a Hakumen and Tager.

I've got a question for any of you folks who can answer, as I can't consult Dustloop right now.

I'll be buying CP sometime in the next two weeks, as I want to give Blazblue another chance. I quit BB after the first CS, so that's the extent of my knowledge. I used to play Tager, but I don't find him fun to play anymore. I want to give Azrael and Relius a shot. I get the gist of how to play Azrael, but Relius I don't quite get yet.

Relius has a puppet, like Carl. However, Relius' puppet seems to act differently. Does he play sort of like a character from Persona 4 Arena, in that just doing a move with the puppet is the extent of the control you have over it, or is controlling his puppet more in-depth and micromanaging(for lack of a better term) like Carl?

His puppet has a meter that depletes while Ignis is active. I haven't actually played him but it looks like his moves function in a similar way to P4 characters, in that you don't have to control its movement.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Relius has a puppet, like Carl. However, Relius' puppet seems to act differently. Does he play sort of like a character from Persona 4 Arena, in that just doing a move with the puppet is the extent of the control you have over it, or is controlling his puppet more in-depth and micromanaging(for lack of a better term) like Carl?

It's closer to Persona 4 Arena in style. ArcSys likes to experiment with characters and expand on them in other things they make. For instance Relius came out right before P4A

:p

His puppet has a meter that depletes while Ignis is active. I haven't actually played him but it looks like his moves function in a similar way to P4 characters, in that you don't have to control its movement.

It's closer to Persona 4 Arena in style. ArcSys likes to experiment with characters and expand on them in other things they make. For instance Relius came out right before P4A

:p

Ah, that's excellent! Thank you both for the info! Maybe I'll forego a physical copy and download a digital copy sooner than later...

If you want to add me I can show you some rudimentary Relius stuff.

I'd appreciate that! Once I'm off of work I'll download the game and get re-acquanited with it. After that, then I'll get in touch with you via PM on Wednesday when I am ready to play. I work graves, but starting Wednesday, I'll be available during daytime hours for the week....Tuesday is my day of rest.

I look forward to playing you! My PSN ID is CommandThrower.

NEO0MJ

Finally bought the game, it was real pain to find. Messing around with the new characters in training. Is it just me or is this game much more strict with inputs than previous titles?
Also, anything I should know about the changes made to the system?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Finally bought the game, it was real pain to find. Messing around with the new characters in training. Is it just me or is this game much more strict with inputs than previous titles?
Also, anything I should know about the changes made to the system?
5 frame buffer window is now a 3 frame one I think?

Barrier by itself is a guard break move, cost 25 meter, very strong in some combos as well depends on the character. Barrier to block this, most are very safe on block.

Burst only happens now if you are in hit or block stun. Out of blockstun you get the new Over Drive mechanic what this does is character specific, duration that it last is relevant to how much HP you have. This also freezes the timer the entire duration that it last and opponents can not burst if hit. You can cancel out normals with it when you do this you only get half the duration.

NEO0MJ

All right. Gonna play story mode to get a decent idea of all the characters and changes (and to unlock Kagura) and then play online.

Top Bottom