• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Tao's too hard of a character to just pick up. You'll have to get comfortable with movement options along with knowing how to capitalize on lots of situational hitconfirms.
Maybe try someone easier like Tsubaki. She's a lot easier to learn.

As for the latter part, it might be a fresh start but it's going to be difficult. P4U is coming off of an existing game. Xrd shares a lot with Reload, but I guess there will be new blood to balance that out. UNIEL, most of the importers will be deep into fighters, so it might be tough for you.

So far I'm sticking with her just to see how far I can get. I at least got some things down today in training and I'm using arcade mode for moving target combo practice.

The only thing that really annoys me about Tao is how all the charges on her C will mess up your combo if your finger lingers on the button for more than a millisecond.

Tsubaki I might try later since I only work on one character at a time.

I'm not worried about the new stuff coming out. I think it's more accurate to phrase my frustration as not making an equal contribution in versus matches. It gets boring for the other person when their opponent offers zero challenge. Even if I lose, as long as the match was tense/hype then it doesn't really matter. Which is what I'm working on currently.

Also re: UNIB, I'm importing it and I'm bad so there will be company on NeoGAF if you aren't that good!

We can climb the ranks together.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm not worried about the new stuff coming out. I think it's more accurate to phrase my frustration as not making an equal contribution in versus matches. It gets boring for the other person when their opponent offers zero challenge. Even if I lose, as long as the match was tense/hype then it doesn't really matter. Which is what I'm working on currently.
Whether it's in versus or outside of that, I don't mind helping people learn. So if you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask.

As far as character specific stuff, the only character you and I use at the moment is probably Platinum.

Played this last night for the first time in about 3 weeks. It was really refreshing to play something other than SF4.

Azrael is still so much fun to play.

....Noel is still a piece of shit.

OceanBlue

Since you live in the same state I do and I haven't heard a peep about localization... where's the cheapest place to import? Shipped.

I don't know about that. I was thinking about getting it digitally so I could gameshare it with a friend of mine, since I don't think I could convince him to get it otherwise. >.>

RoeBear

Has anyone ever been in a lobby when it's booted everyone from the room? It's happen to me twice now. All 30+ people get kicked or dc'd at once.

Yeah I was just a part of that. Everyone on the game got booted. I couldn't even make a player match room. Won't be playing tonight I guess.

Mdesilva

From what I hear, the Vita version is identical in every way- native res, 60 FPS, identical content except for online arcade lobbies- but it has worse load times.

Seems like a good pickup for on-the-go training!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
From what I hear, the Vita version is identical in every way- native res, 60 FPS, identical content except for online arcade lobbies- but it has worse load times.

Seems like a good pickup for on-the-go training!

I imported it-- that is correct. Pretty bad load times compared to the speedy previous portable iterations of the game and other fighters on Vita (Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! also has this problem- WTF, Arc?), but other than that, it's a great port. I will probably pick up the U.S. version too, so I can have access to the DLC on my U.S. account.

Tizoc

So we're never getting playable Jubei huh?
Will there be another BlazBlue game? I'm reading a few synopsis and it seems some stuff were left unresolved.

For that matter...I completely forgot how to do Tager's combos, what's a good guide to learn him in CP? Likewise with Azreal, dude is kickass.

Might get Kokonoe for completion's sake >_>;

NEO0MJ

So we're never getting playable Jubei huh?
Will there be another BlazBlue game? I'm reading a few synopsis and it seems some stuff were left unresolved.

For that matter...I completely forgot how to do Tager's combos, what's a good guide to learn him in CP? Likewise with Azreal, dude is kickass.

Might get Kokonoe for completion's sake >_>;

I don't think we'll ge another BB any time soon, Arc will probably focus on GG Xrd right now. They'll probably release a visual novel to conclude the series.

Tager changed a lot in this game, you won't be doing some of his old combos. I suggest checking out Dustloop for combos and strategies.

I bought Koko for the same reason, though I don't think I'll main her. Lot of fun, though.

convo

I will be picking this up on vita as well.... but I am turrable at these games.

Didn't stop me from buying extend, it is a great commutes game and would sometimes just practice on the train ride. I would fight the AI in training mode just so i could get past certain characters in the story mode, I am that bad. It's still a really fun game, and i am looking forward to play CP. Hopefully the Eu release for the Vita is fast.

Tizoc

I don't think we'll ge another BB any time soon, Arc will probably focus on GG Xrd right now. They'll probably release a visual novel to conclude the series.

Tager changed a lot in this game, you won't be doing some of his old combos. I suggest checking out Dustloop for combos and strategies.

I bought Koko for the same reason, though I don't think I'll main her. Lot of fun, though.

Apparently Unlimited Kokonoe has Buster Wolf as a super, this I gotta see.

redhairedking

I suck at fighting games but am slowly getting better at the vita version of BBCSX and hopefully that carries over to BBCP. I think I'm going to hold off on Xblaze until a price drop.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, Mori himself said that the main story was 80% complete and that probably a last fighting game was needed to wrap things up. Doing it with a VN would be the most anticlimatic thing ever. Also, shouldn't the OT sub be updated to say that the Vita version is out?

Ken

Nah, Mori himself said that the main story was 80% complete and that probably a last fighting game was needed to wrap things up. Doing it with a VN would be the most anticlimatic thing ever. Also, shouldn't the OT sub be updated to say that the Vita version is out?

I just added the release date to the OP.

Should I get the subtitle changed too?

Mr Git

I've only just found out they stealthily released this on the EU PSN store so I might finally buy it, was about to import it as was getting impatient. Can anyone confirm how good the netcode is for cross-Atlantic battling? I remember it being pretty decent for Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift.

fuck online, azraels and terumis everywhere, so annoying

didn't touch this game for a good two weeks, i don't know why i'm playing now lol

ggs proto

lag was insane, i think it bodied cj lol

Rhapsody

Banned
I never really played the online enough with randoms to notice. Why is it plagued with those two characters in particular?

Just the more popular characters out of the new ones. Probably chosen based on looks and playstyle.
A lot of Azraels don't know what they're doing and flail. And a lot of Terumis always gatling into 5C even on block or go for a lot of 6Cs.

Azrael and Terumi's abare's pretty good online so maybe that's why. I mostly get annoyed at online Terumis though for thinking he's bad and playing him all weird.

RoeBear

shitty 6c terumi here

someone teach me how to play the game

If you see them doing crazy stuff, that has huge recovery, test them. It's not a move that should never be used, but most people that use him, use that move exclusively. If your opponent blocks a lot and you see this try doing a crush trigger. If they mash a lot this doesn't work though...

After fooling around with it in training mode for a bit, I don't know why I don't see more Bangs use his 22A cape in their pressure or oki setups. I see a few use it for crossup j4B shenanigans, but otherwise it's pretty underutilized. 5C jump canceled into cape->jB is a really good, relatively safe double overhead that allows you to continue pressure. Using his improved 2C as an ender, 22A Oki can lead into a meaty safejump j2C, crossup j4B or IB cancelled cape into low or grab, all of which can be comboed out of.

tl;dr Bang's cape is godlike and I'm excited to play this character for the first time since CP first dropped. FRKZ still sucks though.

Raytow

Does any have a problem with japanese voices in the Vita ver.? story mode still has english set, hoping they didn't cut that out.

antibolo

Banned
Does any have a problem with japanese voices in the Vita ver.? story mode still has english set, hoping they didn't cut that out.

Well that's not a good sign...

I hope that's the only thing they cut out.

Those size limitations on Vita games are really starting to get a problem.

Raytow

Well that's not a good sign...

I hope that's the only thing they cut out.

Those size limitations on Vita games are really starting to get a problem.

Well its a total deal breaker for me, I grow accustomed to the jpn voices since the first one, wish they could told us so I wouldn't waste 40$ on this.
Turns out is not a bug but because cart limits blah blah blah, fuckers could have announced this before me wasting my money, or at least release a DLC.

Ohnonono

So... I am trying to get better at this game and learn it to some extent. Here are the characters I like so far just based on looks and stuff. Help me narrow it down to a couple good ones to start with.

the 2 robot wing ladies with strange number names, Noel, Bullet, Amane, Hellsing, Izayoi

Help!!!

fuck online, azraels and terumis everywhere, so annoying

didn't touch this game for a good two weeks, i don't know why i'm playing now lol

ggs proto

lag was insane, i think it bodied cj lol

GGs dude. I hate Plat's items... especially that cat bat.

So... I am trying to get better at this game and learn it to some extent. Here are the characters I like so far just based on looks and stuff. Help me narrow it down to a couple good ones to start with.

the 2 robot wing ladies with strange number names, Noel, Bullet, Amane, Hellsing, Izayoi

Help!!!

It's hard to say with the characters you've mentioned since they're so different to each other. What's your playstyle (ie: rushdown, zoning, little bit of both)?

Top Bottom