• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Naite

I have a theory that online, no one knows how to play Azrael.

Besides all the Terumi's I used to run into in ranked, most of my wins online has to be against Azrael's that do nothing but mid-full screen 236D.

Which I love because then I can do counterhit D into my own 236D combo.

Rhapsody

Banned
Azrael's basically a test on how well you can utilize defense against him. He has safe jumps, catches rolls or no techs with certain setups, and he has massive frame advantage and some scary left/right mixups if the Azrael decides to TK specials. If you don't know where the gaps in his gatlings are, or you have trouble switching utilizing your 4 different blocks, Azrael gives a lot of issues.

Basically if you don't have a good grasp on neutral and defending properly on wakeup, Azrael MU takes time getting used to.

I sometimes play Azrael against people to see how many times I can do 5BB on their wakeup before they stop trying to poke out of it. A lot of 'em never learn.

Rhapsody

Banned
I sometimes play Azrael against people to see how many times I can do 5BB on their wakeup before they stop trying to poke out of it. A lot of 'em never learn.

Should do a (what would be a dangerous) drinking game of doing Gustaf on a blocking opponent and trying to score a CH 5A after. lol

That also reminds me it's a bit annoying that I see so many Terumi players treat 236D as their own Gustaf and even try to mash after it.
I don't think they realize it's minus and even punishable on IB.

RoeBear

Should do a (what would be a dangerous) drinking game of doing Gustaf on a blocking opponent and trying to score a CH 5A after. lol

That also reminds me it's a bit annoying that I see so many Terumi players treat 236D as their own Gustaf and even try to mash after it.
I don't think they realize it's minus and even punishable on IB.

I see people more trying to do stuff after throwing out a 6C. They usually keep doing it too.

Azreal is more or less built to catch you if you roll tech. He has simple hit confirms, and his highs and lows are deceptive looking. Also in 1.1 he's pretty close to the top tier wise.

I'm still not sure what his high/lows are and what his drive does. Sometimes I've been able to block that charging super he does and other times I couldn't. I'm assuming it has to do with those symbols he places on you.

What's your PSN? I'd like to play you if you're going to be on later.

I'm on now so I'll add you.

EDIT: Done for the night. Too many perfects.

The Dustloop wiki has a ton of info on the frames and properties of Azrael's moves. If by charging super you mean Black Hawk Stinger it's unblockable depending on how many weakpoints you have on you at the time.

Uraizen

Banned
So, first impressions of new patch.

Terumi - This is what it's like when you create a character and have no idea what the hell to do with him. I think he has the most character specific combos in the game now, too.

Kagura - ... I love you, Kagura.

Maybe I should play someone other than Platinum.

The Dustloop wiki has a ton of info on the frames and properties of Azrael's moves. If by charging super you mean Black Hawk Stinger it's unblockable depending on how many weakpoints you have on you at the time.

I figured as much. So if you just have one high or low weak point you just have to block the other way. That's good to know.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs guys. Kokonoe's still good, Rachel's still fun, and I realized I'm a little lost on how to end some of Terumi's BnBs.

Fun games but I noticed I mashed way too much at the wrong/fraudulent spots. :/

Pics_nao

So is 1.1 Izayoi any better? Like at all? >_>

Haven't played in a loooooong time and now that school's over I wanna get back into this.

Nyoro SF

So is 1.1 Izayoi any better? Like at all? >_>

Haven't played in a loooooong time and now that school's over I wanna get back into this.

She's better.

Take that as you will.

Potential is still there for her to go higher, but probably not while certain characters still roll over a huge swath of others...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
what have they done to Tager's 5A and backdash

mMERT5N.gif

Holy crap at Terumi changes. I don't know his combo routes anymore. Dropped combos everywhere.

His drive cancel on block changes are weird too.

BBCP is 35€ on EU PSN, without DLC, without boxed copy. This is a joke but I want to play the game for testing new characters. What are my options to play BBCP without being stolen? :(

Rhapsody

Banned
Going back to one of my old EX mains again, Platinum. She's pretty tough to use online despite being annoying.

And now empathize with Master Milk's post on those matchups. :/

RoeBear

Going back to one of my old EX mains again, Platinum. She's pretty tough to use online despite being annoying.

And now empathize with Master Milk's post on those matchups. :/

While messing around with That dude John the other day I found something cool with Platinum. Not sure about this 100% but her pogo stick went right through a burst. So I guess if you can bait it right... possibilities.

Rhapsody

Banned
While messing around with That dude John the other day I found something cool with Platinum. Not sure about this 100% but her pogo stick went right through a burst. So I guess if you can bait it right... possibilities.

Yeah, I used to do that in CS2 and EX. It's kinda scary now because of how fast bursts are now, haha.

I still have some bad habits on stuff that doesn't work anymore though :(

I've said it before, but "annoying" isn't on the same level as that bullshit you guys love to use.

236A is projectile invul before any attacks come out, so you can use it to go through all kinds of things

RoeBear

Today I learned a whole bunch of Amane's cloth attacks aren't considered projectiles. That's rough.

He deserves it. His moves can hit almost full screen and opponents on knockdown can't roll tech unless they want to get hit with a 2C. They rightly extend his hitbox and have slow recovery.

Edit: I'm thinking you're Tager and are trying to punish him now rereading your post. If only you could jump fast and punish him. Too bad, I don't feel bad for Tagers ever. With 9500 health, I feel no sympathy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
He deserves it. His moves can hit almost full screen and opponents on knockdown can't roll tech unless they want to get hit with a 2C. They rightly extend his hitbox and have slow recovery.

Edit: I'm thinking you're Tager and are trying to punish him now rereading your post. If only you could jump fast and punish him. Too bad, I don't feel bad for Tagers ever. With 9500 health I feel no sympathy.

Haha, yeah it's from a Tager perspective. I was hoping to mentally shut down and sledge everything, but it seems more like I just need hyper patience.

His high health only makes most of these matchups similar to watching a slow motion car wreck anyway. ;_;

RoeBear

Micro Dash combos are a pain in general until you get the rhythm down

Jin, Relius, and Carl ones are all incredibly easy comparatively, because Hazama's snake kick. It's literally a micro dash followed by another microdash 5A.

Relius has one combo where you do micro dash 5B 3 times with doll hits in between. It doesn't even come close to the difficulty for Hazama imo.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Jin, Relius, and Carl ones are all incredibly easy comparatively, because Hazama's snake kick. It's literally a micro dash followed by another microdash 5A.

Relius has one combo where you do micro dash 5B 3 times with doll hits in between. It doesn't even come close to the difficulty for Hazama imo.
I wouldnt even coun't something like carl or relius where they have their dolls to help them with hitstun on stuff. :p

Too bad, I don't feel bad for Tagers ever. With 9500 health, I feel no sympathy.

Tager has a beefy 13,000 health. Maybe if you mained a manly character, you'd have more health.

what have they done to Tager's 5A and backdash

The changes to 5A and 2A are demoralizing at first, but you get used to them and I actually support it. As for the backdash, it's better than it was before;
duration changed from 23F to 28F. Invincibility changed from 1~19F to 1~20F. Airborne hitbox changed from 1~23F to 1~28F. Movement distance slightly decreased.

wighti

This is gonna sound silly but it's driving me absolutely nuts at the moment.

As far as I've understood it, Chrono Phantasma is out in the UK and the EU but no matter how I hard try to look at the store I cant find it anywhere. I've tried looking it up on the PS3, on a browser and even on my vita but it just isn't there. I live in Finland and have a normal EU account.

Anyone else have a similiar problem?

Top Bottom