• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

antibolo

Banned
Oh ok, never heard of it before. I assumed you were just putting up the arcade lobby avatars or something.

It's a 1-on-1 arcade puzzle game by Arc System Works.

Some of CP's lobby avatars are taken from Magical Beat.

There's a Vita port that Aksys has yet to localize, unfortunately. I hope they'll do eventually, I tried the Japanese demo and it was good.

hao chi

There's nothing in this game's audio that annoys me. I normally have a pretty high tolerance for that type of stuff; not even JP Rise in P4A annoys me because I tune that shit out.

Leixia (especially her JP voice) in Soul Calibur V though...

I've only muted the audio a few times when I got annoyed at the after game taunt screen. That wasn't in the previous games so I'd like to just get back to the lobby screen so we can start another match instead of watching the same line repeated over and over.

RoeBear

Is anyone on or down to play? I haven't played in a while and need to practice.

I'll play, send me an invite PSN Roe-Bear.

EDIT: Good games Tornado. I got outplayed at every turn, I can't even be upset. I think my net is messing up. Only got a game or something because of Carl match up.

Yeah, ggs. When the connection was fine it was a blast. I still don't really know how to block 1.1 Carl. I just kinda mash my face on the stick and hope for the best.

RoeBear

Yeah, ggs. When the connection was fine it was a blast. I still don't really know how to block 1.1 Carl. I just kinda mash my face on the stick and hope for the best.

To be quite honest if you aren't in the corner and aren't in block stun from the doll I think throwing moves out against him can be a good gamble. I still mess up stuff with him so I'm not sure it'll work against a better Carl but it would probably work on me ;)

OceanBlue

I'm surprised how susceptible I am to basic frametraps from Ragna. He does so much damage and I'm bad at teching grabs on reaction lol. I wonder if 2A pressure would be easier to deal with if I practiced instant blocking.

Ah shit I just checked his frame data and Dead Spike isn't plus on block?!

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm surprised how susceptible I am to basic frametraps from Ragna. He does so much damage and I'm bad at teching grabs on reaction lol. I wonder if 2A pressure would be easier to deal with if I practiced instant blocking.

Ah shit I just checked his frame data and Dead Spike isn't plus on block?!

Dash Cancel after Dead Spike isn't plus on block, so that's something you shouldn't let Ragna players get away with too much. Without the dash cancel, it's negative at point blank. When it's spaced though, he can frame trap you by pressing 5B or something.

Ragna pressure is scary to deal with if the player knows how to stagger well and stay in. IBing wouldn't help in this case really. You're in two frames less of blockstun, and it's not exactly safe to jump out of he's in 2A range, and it's not safe to mash out since he still has many gatling options left available. IB also reduces pushback so he still stays in.

IB Barrier helps since it grants the greatest pushback without putting you in long blockstun. There's no right answer to dealing with pressure since it depends on how your opponent does it. If I'm not IB Barriering, usually I'll try either hold barrier if they refuse to go to their B or C normals. They'll have to dash back in to get in range. If they start going to their B and C normals, barrier some of them and maybe regular/IB the last hit so you can start your offense faster.

OceanBlue

Do you have to practice IBing strings per character? Is it something you should practice on everything or specific things? I haven't really thought about practicing it. I need to think of ways to get beyond doing only the basics with Jin (basic combos, basic setups, basic neutral, no real matchup experience lol).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone here have the Vita version? How are the loading times? Does it support cross-saves or cross-play?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Loading times are worse (double). Cross save is supported, cross play is not.
For Extend I understood since it was a launch game. But for CP? C'mon ArcSys, if DOA 5 can do it why can't you?

Rhapsody

Banned
Do you have to practice IBing strings per character? Is it something you should practice on everything or specific things? I haven't really thought about practicing it. I need to think of ways to get beyond doing only the basics with Jin (basic combos, basic setups, basic neutral, no real matchup experience lol).

The more you play, the more you get a feel on how to IB strings. You'll get a rhythm of things if you choose to IB everything. The problem is getting the mindset to IB at least something, and then eventually the strings. To practice, you can maybe first try

- IBing far projectiles like Jin's
- then practice IBing the 2nd part of two hit moves like Mu overhead
- buffering a down-back when you're predicting a follow up (like Terumi players doing 236D after 5D)

These might get you started since they get you used to a variety of situations. If you get IB down, Barrier IB makes things much easier. You don't have to IB Barrier everything, but sticking one or two out there is nice for that extra pushback.

cj_iwakura

Is anyone going to CEO? Seeming very likely, like 70/30, I'll be there. Probably driving three hours just to die at the hands of SoFla's elite.

OceanBlue

Is anyone going to CEO? Seeming very likely, like 70/30, I'll be there. Probably driving three hours just to die at the hands of SoFla's elite.

I am! You should have a lower chance of playing someone from Miami if you registered as Miami. It probably won't save you from the Tampa players though. :p

cj_iwakura

I am! You should have a lower chance of playing someone from Miami if you registered as Miami. It probably won't save you from the Tampa players though. :p

Where are you leaving from? Entering anything else?
I am not at all opposed to the idea of a carpool.

cj_iwakura

Great! Thanks for registering for CEO 2014.

Oh god.
m8lYy.png

I don't know if I want to keep going with Tao. I have no idea what I'm doing.

It's just annoying when everyone you play does high damage combo's off of everything and anything while the most you can contribute to the match is just random flailing.

Things were good back in CT and CS, because that was my first foray into fighting games and I learned along with mostly everyone else who was playing which culminated in CS where I was at my best (high damage combos off of everything and anything yada yada).

Actually Persona 4 Arena was like this too. Everyone was new and for the first week we were all pretty much just flailing and trying to figure things out. Then as the weeks went past everyone got progressively better leading to matches that were actually hype instead of rolling our faces on the pad. We even had some online tournies as well which were really fun.

That's why I'm looking forward to UNIEL, P4U and GGXrd. Plenty of fresh starts and new casts to familiarize myself with. Also people to start out with/against.

RoeBear

From how you sound Vanilla I think you might be better with Jin, or Ragna. Even though they aren't that exceptional in the design component they can capitalize quite easily on hits. Their damage isn't exactly the highest but a few 3k dmg combos here and there and you have the match.

I know I'm getting GGXrd, but I'm undecided if I want UNIB or P4U. P4U will have more people playing it, but I had so many rage moments because of the awful balancing issues with the first. Also I know about as much about UNIB as I do P4U. If someone wants to sway my wallet I'd love some reasons.

Miroslav

One question, If I import the US version... Will I be able to play online with European folks if the game releases in EU? Thanks in advance.

antibolo

Banned
Woah, according to The Drop on the PS Blog, we're actually getting Magical Beat on the NA store tomorrow. That's the first I hear of it.

From how you sound Vanilla I think you might be better with Jin, or Ragna. Even though they aren't that exceptional in the design component they can capitalize quite easily on hits. Their damage isn't exactly the highest but a few 3k dmg combos here and there and you have the match.

I know I'm getting GGXrd, but I'm undecided if I want UNIB or P4U. P4U will have more people playing it, but I had so many rage moments because of the awful balancing issues with the first. Also I know about as much about UNIB as I do P4U. If someone wants to sway my wallet I'd love some reasons.

Ragna was my main in CT/CS. I wanted to try new characters so when I came back years later and bought Extend I went with Noel. Then I went from Noel to Platinum in BBCP which leads to the current situation with Tao. I'm not too fond of playing Jin so I think I'm going to stick with Tao for now and see where that takes me.

For those 3 games I think the popularity is going to go something like this; GGXrd, P4U, UNIEL.

In all likelihood I'll probably just be focusing on GGXrd and P4U if UNIEL doesn't have much of an online population to support regular matches. Hopefully there'll be enough people on GAF so I can get matches every so often.

One question, If I import the US version... Will I be able to play online with European folks if the game releases in EU? Thanks in advance.

Online isn't region restricted.

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't know if I want to keep going with Tao. I have no idea what I'm doing.

That's why I'm looking forward to UNIEL, P4U and GGXrd. Plenty of fresh starts and new casts to familiarize myself with. Also people to start out with/against.
Tao's too hard of a character to just pick up. You'll have to get comfortable with movement options along with knowing how to capitalize on lots of situational hitconfirms.
Maybe try someone easier like Tsubaki. She's a lot easier to learn.

As for the latter part, it might be a fresh start but it's going to be difficult. P4U is coming off of an existing game. Xrd shares a lot with Reload, but I guess there will be new blood to balance that out. UNIEL, most of the importers will be deep into fighters, so it might be tough for you.
If you weren't having fun in the first Arena game, I wouldn't get it. UNIB, I suggest looking up videos if you're interested. If nothing catches your eye, just wait until Xrd.
Nah, just Blue. I probably should've done OceanBlue but whatever. :V

Actually, at some point I had the idea to enter tournaments as iM@S characters. It's a shame I haven't gone through with it lol.

Should've done it.

OceanBlue

Just wanted to know who to cheer for.

Lol I'm not nearly good enough to make it anywhere, unfortunately :V. Just going to have fun with some friends and to play people/characters I don't normally play.

Also re: UNIB, I'm importing it and I'm bad so there will be company on NeoGAF if you aren't that good!

Top Bottom