• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Ohnonono

GGs dude. I hate Plat's items... especially that cat bat.

It's hard to say with the characters you've mentioned since they're so different to each other. What's your playstyle (ie: rushdown, zoning, little bit of both)?

I like rushdown and zoning. I am playing on vita so .. some execution will be limited. One of the robot ladies seemed like she could sorta do both. The one that puts the ring on her head and changes modes. But if you want to suggest like 2 , maybe her and then one that is pretty easy to learn the general game with that would be great.

Rhapsody

Banned
Platinum and Kokonoe would work. It's not keepaway zoning if that's what you were looking for.

Both are pretty straight forward and easy to learn too.

I like rushdown and zoning. I am playing on vita so .. some execution will be limited. One of the robot ladies seemed like she could sorta do both. The one that puts the ring on her head and changes modes. But if you want to suggest like 2 , maybe her and then one that is pretty easy to learn the general game with that would be great.

Out of the ones you mentioned, I'd go with Nu-13. Out of the whole cast, the two best hybrids are Kokonoe and Rachel.

If you want easy to learn, go with Terumi/Ragna/Jin/Noel.

Ohnonono

Out of the ones you mentioned, I'd go with Nu-13. Out of the whole cast, the two best hybrids are Kokonoe and Rachel.

If you want easy to learn, go with Terumi/Ragna/Jin/Noel.

Ok, maybe I will pick up Nu 13 and Noel to start with. I will also keep in mine Kokonoe though from what I hear isn't that a character people have mad hate for? Did a patch fix that? Thanks for the help guys!

Edit: Also Rachels wind/ zone+rush stuff looks awesome I am just afraid of execution. I will prolly pick her up at some point because it is so unique.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ok, maybe I will pick up Nu 13 and Noel to start with. I will also keep in mine Kokonoe though from what I hear isn't that a character people have mad hate for? Did a patch fix that? Thanks for the help guys!

Edit: Also Rachels wind/ zone+rush stuff looks awesome I am just afraid of execution. I will prolly pick her up at some point because it is so unique.

People have mad hate, but I feel that it's silly to avoid characters for reasons like that.

Nu 13 can do both, but her weakness is her defensive options. So make sure you get used to safely getting out of pressure. Noel isn't great for long range, but if she clicks, use her.

As a Rachel main, I'm biased, but I don't think she's that difficult as people think. It's just about knowing which wind directions you should definitely learn first. If you're ever serious about learning her, I can teach you the important directions for zoning and approaching.

RoeBear

People will hate on every character at some point. Don't let it effect who you choose to play. At worst you'll have to stick to ranked as those fights are blind, unless you have fought them before.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Vita load times urghhhh.

Just wait until you play Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!!.

T_T

I will take them any day for how amazing the port is though. They aren't that bad if you are used to playing vita fighting games.

No, they're bad. They're too long. Other Vita fighters don't have these kinds of load times, and that includes the previous version of BB.

Ohnonono

People have mad hate, but I feel that it's silly to avoid characters for reasons like that.

Nu 13 can do both, but her weakness is her defensive options. So make sure you get used to safely getting out of pressure. Noel isn't great for long range, but if she clicks, use her.

As a Rachel main, I'm biased, but I don't think she's that difficult as people think. It's just about knowing which wind directions you should definitely learn first. If you're ever serious about learning her, I can teach you the important directions for zoning and approaching.

Thanks! feel free to write me up any info you have time for. I can pull it up on my phone while I play tonight and practice with Rachel if it strikes my fancy.

antibolo

Banned
Why does ASW suck so much at loading times on Vita. Can't they put some fucking effort into it.

I could forgive CSEX as it was a launch title and they were pretty much all bad (PSP all over again, basically), but now in 2014 they have no excuse.

Ohnonono

Just wait until you play Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!!.

T_T

No, they're bad. They're too long. Other Vita fighters don't have these kinds of load times, and that includes the previous version of BB.

Not excusing them if there is something they can do about it. They are for a certainty. LONG.

Ken

My brain can't wrap itself around BB. I found myself really enjoying P4A immediately but for some reason BB never clicks no matter how many times I try lol.

SoldnerKei

My brain can't wrap itself around BB. I found myself really enjoying P4A immediately but for some reason BB never clicks no matter how many times I try lol.

yup, try a new character, a friend of mine began to play with Tager in CSEX, but got bored with him in CP and even bored with the game, but he picked up Hakumen recently and he plays more often now

Do we have a date for EU yet? (vita). I'm in Canada on vacation atm, thinking about just picking it up while I'm here. But I'll be missing out on the dlc chars, do they have story modes attached? Because that's 99% of what I'm buying it for, loved the first cuts game's story mode.

And how's the vn? Code embryo or w:e, thinking about picking that up as well.

Rhapsody

Banned
Thanks! feel free to write me up any info you have time for. I can pull it up on my phone while I play tonight and practice with Rachel if it strikes my fancy.

I PMed you some basic stuff with vids. Just ask if you have any questions or anything.
I'm in a pool with LordKnight.

#dead

If you face him, try to take what you can from the experience. Also don't be scared to talk or ask players questions after facing them. Just have fun.

RoeBear

Edit: Derp. Why did search lead me here D:

I was going to buy Continuum Shift Extend but.. eh.

Even though you're paying a lot more it's worth it. CSEX is a lot more clunky than this version.

I'm just gonna hang out in the arcade lobby since my room hosting skills are shot.

Don't have a good connection at all today been having storms lately. Sorry again for that Tornado and Milk.

It's probably just me, but netplay seems like it's gotten worse over the past few weeks. I've gotten a lot of DC's and lag against people I normally don't. Not to mention the entire arcades being booted at times.

Lemstar

Step 1 is asking yourself why you're using 6C to begin with. This is both a serious and joke question.
It's like Sentinel's cr.M - it's a big dumb unsafe button that I press because I have no idea what to do in the neutral. I imagine it's alright for punishing things like Bullet's charge, but I probably shouldn't be trying to catch people whiffing stuff in the air with it, and I definitely shouldn't be pressing it in lieu of getting in normally.

How do I get people to play against me? People don't seem to like playing 0-bar connections, and grinding out netplay like I did with Marvel doesn't work quite as well when the wait between matches is in minutes instead of seconds.

RoeBear

How do I get people to play against me? People don't seem to like playing 0-bar connections, and grinding out netplay like I did with Marvel doesn't work quite as well when the wait between matches is in minutes instead of seconds.

Almost all randoms will not fight 0 bar people, me included. However, GAFfers that I fight with 0 bars don't lag. I would just say add some people from here and grind it out with them.

Uraizen

Banned
It's like Sentinel's cr.M - it's a big dumb unsafe button that I press because I have no idea what to do in the neutral. I imagine it's alright for punishing things like Bullet's charge, but I probably shouldn't be trying to catch people whiffing stuff in the air with it, and I definitely shouldn't be pressing it in lieu of getting in normally.

Try 5D instead for Terumi's neutral, it's way better in this version. It also gives you some meter on block and is safe if used far enough. Not bad, eh? I wish I could help more, but I haven't touched Terumi in a while.

Mdesilva

Okay, now that I played my P-GAF P4A match, I can focus my attention on BB
for a day or two, until my low attention span forces me to switch it up again (then repeat cycle of alternating between P4A and BBCP)
, so I should play with some people here.

I should probably get some new tech. Not a ton of great Jin footage out there, though.

Rhapsody

Banned
Okay, now that I played my P-GAF P4A match, I can focus my attention on BB
for a day or two, until my low attention span forces me to switch it up again (then repeat cycle of alternating between P4A and BBCP)
, so I should play with some people here.

I should probably get some new tech. Not a ton of great Jin footage outthere, though.

Just watch Fenrich on Jourdal's channel. Since Jourdal mains Jin, he has a lot of excerpts of Jin players.

I apologize in advance for asking a question that's probably been asked a million times, but: What BlazBlue do I need to play before playing this? I've never played any of them.

Anne

I apologize in advance for asking a question that's probably been asked a million times, but: What BlazBlue do I need to play before playing this? I've never played any of them.

If for some reason you care about story get CSEX, if you're just in it for the fighting game go straight to BBCP, it's mechanically miles ahead.

Rhapsody

Banned
There's only so much 1.1 Fenrich out there :V
Jin's changes weren't that big. Just remember 6A is punishable is on block, 623D is a short starter.

There's some other small stuff, but no real combo changes for Jin.

If you're talking about story, Playing BBCS Extend first is fine. There's a condensed version of Calamity Trigger's story in that one. Then you can play BBCP.
If you're looking to just play, just start with BBCP.

Droplet

I'm pretty new to fighting games, but a friend commented that recently every time I play I start the same way. How do you guys determine how to start the match? It seems like something that could be really variable and easy to mess up to me. I've been playing Jin mostly, and I think I usually start by rushing forwards and attacking to try to close the gap which is probably really easy to exploit.

I'd say determining how to start a match should take into account both the match up and your opponent's habits. Always doing the same exact thing at the start is just asking for trouble.

Mdesilva

I'm pretty new to fighting games, but a friend commented that recently every time I play I start the same way. How do you guys determine how to start the match? It seems like something that could be really variable and easy to mess up to me. I've been playing Jin mostly, and I think I usually start by rushing forwards and attacking to try to close the gap which is probably really easy to exploit.
While there's always different things to do per match, and you should rarely do the same thing twice, with Jin, my start-of-round options are usually:

5B- this never works, but if you get lucky you will get a good combo off of it
5C- with or without a microdash, good for closing space, esp on counter hit
jC- very good if they jump, definitely jump back and (barrier) block before throwing it out or you could get DP'd
jB/j2C- decent if you jump forward and they stay standing, once again barrier before attacking
2A- great poke if they run at you a lot of the time
2D- this never works either, but if it does it will net some decent damage
Just block or jump back and block- straightforward
Wait!!!- letting them move first and reacting to it is probably a good move too

DO NOT:
-DP, unless you let them move first and you can punish
-Use any other specials, they kinda suck at close range
-Run in

Again, this all depends on what person and character you are playing.

Wow, that was a long post for just the start of a round, but it was pretty fun to write up :p
I'm not a great Jin player by any means, but I could answer any basic questions you have about the character.

So I'm going through Teach Me, Miss. Litchi! and I'm on the second Lesson/Episode and I wanted to know if A) Taokaka is really that much of a moron and B)why Jin has the most incestuous hard-on for Ragna or are A) and B) both things that they are exaggerating to the extreme for hilarity?

Ken

Then why did you make the OT for it?

Because I still like the games and the characters; I'm just really bad at the actual game lol.

Also no one had signed up to make an import OT at the time so I don't think I stole it from anyone?

Ohnonono

So I played a good bit last night, did some Nu challenges. I am not an execution monster so I only got through about 13 or 14 of them but it was fun. Used her some in arcade mode and had a good time. I do want to learn the set up and combo that is basically all hitting different directions and D because that shit looks funny.

I also tried Izayoi and really liked her. I did not do her challenge stuff but she felt very fluid and I enjoyed playing with her.

This game as a whole feels MUCH better than the older versions. I am not sure what makes it so much snappier but thank god. Sometimes in the other BB for vita it would feel like slo mo. Not sure if it was block or hit stun or whatever but.. much improved. A+

NEO0MJ

Because I still like the games and the characters; I'm just really bad at the actual game lol.

Also no one had signed up to make an import OT at the time so I don't think I stole it from anyone?

I guess that makes sense. Strange that no one else wanted to make a thread for this, though.

Top Bottom