• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Ken

I thought there was a push to get a new OT out for the American release but it was decided against for whatever reason.

cj iwakura was supposed to make it but then the Miku happened I think. I don't think there was an absolute decision against a new OT but no one ended up making one even though it was up for grabs. Post 2577 was where the discussion starts I guess.

Anyways, trying Kokonoe out. She's pretty cool.

Ok, maybe I will pick up Nu 13 and Noel to start with. I will also keep in mine Kokonoe though from what I hear isn't that a character people have mad hate for? Did a patch fix that? Thanks for the help guys!

People have mad hate, but I feel that it's silly to avoid characters for reasons like that.

Kokonoe is considered the best character by far (even after 1.1 patch), but like Rhapsody said, it's fair game and shouldn't be avoided because of that. Besides, if you really like the character, you should stick with her. Wear that S tier with pride because you never know what's going to happen in the next revision (see: CS1 Rachel).

Does the Vita version have any DLC? I have an auropean account and I am tempted to import the american retail version, since the file is so big, but I don't want to miss any characters.

Ken

Does the Vita version have any DLC? I have an auropean account and I am tempted to import the american retail version, since the file is so big, but I don't want to miss any characters.

Nope. Still have to buy the two additional characters.

I should clarify: it has DLC that's not included with the game if that's what you're asking.

antibolo

Banned

PS3 and Vita versions share the same DLC. So yes, lots and lots of overpriced DLC, including characters.

The Vita is a good port from a visual and gameplay side of things.

I was disappointed at first. Thought it was downgraded from the first one. But playing the first again, it's on par with each other.

Ohnonono

Really enjoying this game. It is so satisfying when you get a good combo off but my fingers fucking suck. When it happens though I wanna throw them hands up!

Really enjoying this game. It is so satisfying when you get a good combo off but my fingers fucking suck. When it happens though I wanna throw them hands up!

The best combos are OD combos. Those are hype. Especially Terumi's... They're basically all D buttons after the OD cancel.

NEO0MJ

So, having not played a Blazblue game since the first one, is this song in the new one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ZXAxr5hF4

Oh, also... assuming this game still has a story mode, will I be completely lost? I enjoyed the first game's story mode.

It's still in the game, but like all the old songs it has been remixed, whether or not you'll like them I don't know.

As for the story, they have a recap for what happened before, I think.

It's still in the game, but like all the old songs it has been remixed, whether or not you'll like them I don't know.

As for the story, they have a recap for what happened before, I think.

Ah, I see. Nice! Well, I'm really wanting to play a Blazblue game lately. Not sure why. So I guess I'm getting Chrono Phantasma.

cj_iwakura

Pools are tomorrow, did a lot of practice today. Very good mix of characters in use.

Saw just about everyone in use. Well, didn't explicitly see a Kagura...

There was some Azrael style in play that I've never seen anything like.

Enjoying the Vita version a lot. Wish they weren't charging for extra characters.

I'm not big on supporting that sort of thing. Are any/all of the extra characters worth what they are asking for?

NEO0MJ

Enjoying the Vita version a lot. Wish they weren't charging for extra characters.

I'm not big on supporting that sort of thing. Are any/all of the extra characters worth what they are asking for?

Both of them are really fun, and Kokonoe is the strongest character in the game. Not sure if they're worth the price-tag, though. I don't know why Arc has such expensive characters.

Mdesilva

Yup. Expect good things from LK. BK is too new to BB to be reliable yet. Lich is the dark horse though.
How long has LK been playing Kokonoe, though?

Man, I wish he played someone else, like Litchi again…

Also don't forget Pops. He hasn't been in a lot of tournaments but there's no denying his strength.

Anne

How long has LK been playing Kokonoe, though?

Man, I wish he played someone else, like Litchi again…

Also don't forget Pops. He hasn't been in a lot of tournaments but there's no denying his strength.

Pops is not as strong as people hype him up to be. I expect him to do well and probably hit top 8, but when he runs into LK/Lich the kid is done. I've seen, um, some things from homies about Kokonoe and LK. He's been playing BB long enough to rock with her and he def has the tech and knowledge. The only thing I don't like is he's trying to be LK and just force the other person to not play. Makes him make some mistakes in neutral that Litchi used to cover a bit.

BKen is a relatively strong player coming from Persona into BB. The fact he's been doing so well so early proves he's fairly strong and clearly ahead of at least the midwest region. It'll be interesting to see how he does at CEO. I don't think he's ready enough to win but he should do pretty well.

Uraizen

Banned
Pops is not as strong as people hype him up to be. I expect him to do well and probably hit top 8, but when he runs into LK/Lich the kid is done. I've seen, um, some things from homies about Kokonoe and LK. He's been playing BB long enough to rock with her and he def has the tech and knowledge. The only thing I don't like is he's trying to be LK and just force the other person to not play. Makes him make some mistakes in neutral that Litchi used to cover a bit.

BKen is a relatively strong player coming from Persona into BB. The fact he's been doing so well so early proves he's fairly strong and clearly ahead of at least the midwest region. It'll be interesting to see how he does at CEO. I don't think he's ready enough to win but he should do pretty well.

Hope an all Kokonoe grand finals won't turn people off from the game at Evo.

NEO0MJ

Not a chance in hell. Even if there were, evo wouldn't use it.

I was expecting that, but it's still disappointing to hear. The sad thing is that after her release by a while they rebalanced the game but decided not to nerf her for some reason. At least, not in any meaningful way.

Uraizen

Banned
I was expecting that, but it's still disappointing to hear. The sad thing is that after her release by a while they rebalanced the game but decided not to nerf her for some reason. At least, not in any meaningful way.

Oh no, they nerfed her and they nerfed her bad. The problem is that she's just that good to begin with.

Either way, I just don't that to be a newcomer's first impression of the game.

Top Bottom