• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

RoeBear

Heh, I'm glad to see all that training mode time is paying off. :p Still gotta work on doing the oki stuff with it in a real match, though.

ggs, Arm and Roe. Was a lot of fun. Getting to do cape mixups in a real match is pretty satisfying. Probably shouldn't have taken Nu out of her shed yet, though.

Yeah ggs, had to rush out of there to do stuff.

Xtyle

So I am checking this game to see if I want to buy it. I had the other BBs before...though I didn't play a lot of them, I did like them a lot. However, now I am reading that there is a bunch of DLCs...stuff like the announcer voices..I don't know, I would feel not playing a 100% game if I don't get the DLCs, but at the same time, they cost a lot.

NEO0MJ

So I am checking this game to see if I want to buy it. I had the other BBs before...though I didn't play a lot of them, I did like them a lot. However, now I am reading that there is a bunch of DLCs...stuff like the announcer voices..I don't know, I would feel not playing a 100% game if I don't get the DLCs, but at the same time, they cost a lot.

The don't matter much, plus they're in Japanese if I'm not mistaken.

Xtyle

Are the character DLCs all available in NA?
Also, I see there are BG stages and BG music DLCs...do these show up in arcade mode?

NEO0MJ

Also, I see there are BG stages and BG music DLCs...do these show up in arcade mode?

The character DLC should be available. Maybe they don't show up unless you enter the DLC page itself. As for the BG music, I don't know.

RoeBear

No they do not show up in arcade mode. However, they are just the stages and BGMs from the previous versions of the game. So really you aren't losing out on much if you don't get them.

I wouldn't worry about the DLC. It's all side stuff that you won't really miss out on.

The only noteworthy ones are Terumi/Kokonoe if you're interested in playing them.

None of them have Bang's old FRKZ theme. None of them are worth buying.

I'm still bitter that 1.1 patched out the music glitch that made it selectable as a stage theme. IT'S IN THE GAME. It's not even DLC, it's literally on the disc, just not usable. ArcSys just loves to taunt us.

antibolo

Banned
Good luck to all the GAFfers going to Evo and competing in BB. I'll be supporting/rooting for you guys in my comfy couch!

So will I.

I hope the pools stream will be more stable than P4A last year. But it's still running off a cellphone internet connection so probably not.

Ohnonono

I finally beat arcade mode with a character! I am leveling up right! ..... :( ... I am tryin so hard but man I suck at these games. Having a great time though!

Fugu

It never really was, except for tournaments. Even pre-patch I ran into more Terumi's.
Hm. I only played briefly after her release.

I'm glad that the game's not dead though. That was a pretty hype tournament and the prize pool is honestly staggering, considering I've never won more than like, $20 playing this game.

It's awesome that there were characters like Bang, Tager and Nu in top 8, who you rarely see in America. Hopefully that'll convince people to expand their horizons a bit.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ugh, I really hope Evo doesn't stick to just one anime game for next year. If Japan keeps traveling to Evo and if ASW makes closer console release dates, we can certainly bring exciting matches like the other games.

FluxWaveZ

Ugh, I really hope Evo doesn't stick to just one anime game for next year. If Japan keeps traveling to Evo and if ASW makes closer console release dates, we can certainly bring exciting matches like the other games.

Man, after those incredible grand finals, we really need to have more than one at least ASW game next year, if we don't have some kind of North American Arc Revo. P4A's showing last year wasn't bad, and I'd really love it if P4AU, Xrd and maybe even BBCP if it would be as amazing as what happened today.

Busaiku

I think the worst thing is that most of the top Japanese that play BlazBlue don't play Persona 4 Arena, who don't play Guilty Gear Xrd, and vice versa.
So if it was just 1 game like Xrd, we probably won't be seeing the top players in the side tournaments.

shaowebb

Im just hoping guys like Maximillian stop acting all shit on anime fighters and cover crazy shit like this now, especially as a marvel guy because god DAMN at the insane tools in Blaz Blue. He'd be right at home. At least he digs Guilty Gear, but man is he missing out.

Top Bottom