• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Ohnonono

new version coming soon for arcades with 2 new characters.

lambda 11 will be similar to v13 with luna mode as base and also the drives will function differently.

serika
fights with minerva as part of her normals, so it will be similar to a P4U character, recommended for beginners.

Looks like arc system works wants BBCP to come back for another year in EVO.

Does this stuff usually hit all the console versions as DLC? (Vita player here)

x Misogi

Im looking to learn someone new after evo; not sure who but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna drop Bullet and stick to Tager for the time being.

new version coming soon for arcades with 2 new characters.

lambda 11 will be similar to v13 with luna mode as base and also the drives will function differently.

serika
fights with minerva as part of her normals, so it will be similar to a P4U character, recommended for beginners.

Looks like arc system works wants BBCP to come back for another year in EVO.

I just had to look up Serika/Celica. I had no idea who Minerva was either but it's a clone of Nirvana??

Lambda is back too? I feel like Arc is just doing whatever the hell they want without making any sense.

And lol, still no Jubei

Im looking to learn someone new after evo; not sure who but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna drop Bullet and stick to Tager for the time being.

Why are you dropping Bullet?

Rhapsody

Banned
Yay, Celica. And it might be a doll character I might be able to use for once!
Or Nine! Either way nobody wanted Lambda. Celica was obviously going to be added eventually since she was on the LE cover.

I would love for them to have playable Nine.

My ideal scenario is the next BB is getting a little time skip and the game moving on to Xrd style graphics.
I really don't want BB to end too soon, especially with how Evo turned out.

RoeBear

My ideal scenario is the next BB is getting a little time skip and the game moving on to Xrd style graphics.
I really don't want BB to end too soon, especially with how Evo turned out.

I have no idea how Japanese consumers think of DLC or re-done iterations of the game like CS EX, but I'm pretty sure re-done causes some backlash here. Releasing the characters first in arcade waiting, then selling them as DLC might be the best way to make money while keeping everyone happy. I know the characters take a long time to draw and everything else so they do have to make their money back.

Hopefully they play test Celica enough to make her balanced, to where we immediately won't need a balance patch for her!

Busaiku

Prior DLC characters were always console 1st though.
Since they're doing arcade first, maybe they will be balanced properly.

Soooooooo this means there's a chance for Jubei, right? Right?

So...are these characters looking to be borderline clones?

Weeeeeeeeell, Nu/Lambda/Mu are literal clones but just not gameplay clones.

As nice as Xrd graphics would be for the game, it'd most certainly be a case of sacrificing roster quantity for prettier graphics just like KoF XII/XIII and Xrd did and I'm not sure I want that right now :/

How did other GAFers (just Q and Shouta?) fare this weekend in Vegas? Talking CP, I went 2-2 myself. Could have done better, but I'm still new enough at the game that I didn't come up with an answer in time to Ragna dash-jump barriering as an approach. (Should have been more mobile and remembered airthrows exist.)

I won my first match vs a Nu, lost to a Mu, won in losers vs a Tager, and then got eliminated by an Arakune.

Honestly, other than Tiku and one or two other people in my pool, the other players in my pool didn't seem to be as good as the people in my local community though, and that's including the guys that beat me.

Celica is unexpected to me and pretty cool if she's beginner friendly and like a Persona character. Moderately excited!

Lambda is just.. why? Do they expect people to pay so they can play her? With Nu in there? Guess we'll see how different she ends up.

Rhapsody

Banned
As nice as Xrd graphics would be for the game, it'd most certainly be a case of sacrificing roster quantity for prettier graphics just like KoF XII/XIII and Xrd did and I'm not sure I want that right now :/
I'd take the hit if it means BB lasting even longer by rebuilding the roster.

Plus I want to see Rachel in that cel-shaded glory <3

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Would it really be that big of a hit? BB characters are already rendered in 3d before they draw over the characters. They showed Kokonoe's wireframe and it was pretty god damn detailed already.

and I would be honestly shocked if Lambda didn't get a totally different working drive than Nu's. No character in the series has had the same/similar drives. That's one of the things that makes the game special.

Would it really be that big of a hit? BB characters are already rendered in 3d before they draw over the characters. They showed Kokonoe's wireframe and it was pretty god damn detailed already.

and I would be honestly shocked if Lambda didn't get a totally different working drive than Nu's. No character in the series has had the same/similar drives. That's one of the things that makes the game special.

My point stands -- Nobody asked for Lambda

Rhapsody

Banned
With a new version, maybe it's good that N-O didn't win Evo...

Kidding of course. Only ASW character I remember getting hit hard was Tsubaki after Konan won.

I'm sure some Lambda mains will be happy to see her again though. It's like if I had the ability to play CT bang again I would be all over it.

I have mixed feelings, but CP Nu is just so much more fun and interesting than either CT Nu and CS Lambda.

The only people who I can see actually wanting Lambda are the ones who really only liked her for the character herself or the people who couldn't adapt to the new stance switching mechanic.

Ohnonono

Hey guys, I just learned that Izayoi can burn stock to D teleport behind the opponent from anywhere. Am I the worst at fighting games? I love this game, hoping that even with my shit execution I can pull off some fun juggle stuff with it!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey guys, I just learned that Izayoi can burn stock to D teleport behind the opponent from anywhere. Am I the worst at fighting games? I love this game, hoping that even with my shit execution I can pull off some fun juggle stuff with it!

It just takes some practice, never expect to win out the gate and take each loss as a lesson to grow from.

She should. If opponents can't make a sandwich during her BnBs, she's not good enough.

While they're at it, Makoto nerfs.

You have no idea how hard Mori laughed when I asked him why they hate makoto :p

His response was what I said already though here. She's the type of character where it's really hard to get her just right before she tips over into the dumb category. He said that as weak as she is in CP 1.1 was an accident though. The new bounce was suppose to improve her corner game to make up for the loss of the j.B stun but it didn't work out that way.

Ohnonono

It just takes some practice, never expect to win out the gate and take each loss as a lesson to grow from.

I am all on Vita so unfortunately I don't play humans much. This is still by far my favorite FG to be trying to train up on. I had CS extend for Vita too but CP feels like a whole different game for some reason. So subtle but they nailed it.

My PSN is Fizipop though just in case there are any other vita warriors that want to absolutely crush me over and over. I take those L's with class and style.

Rhapsody

Banned

You have no idea how hard Mori laughed when I asked him why they hate makoto :p

His response was what I said already though here. She's the type of character where it's really hard to get her just right before she tips over into the dumb category. He said that as weak as she is in CP 1.1 was an accident though. The new bounce was suppose to improve her corner game to make up for the loss of the j.B stun but it didn't work out that way.
Ah. As expected. I still don't think she's an awful character, but no worthwhile buffs did feel kinda meh to stick with her. I honestly feel that Kagura might be a contender for worst despite the damage.
Makoto and Rachel

edit: Did Tsubaki ever win?

Rachel didn't win anything. People knew Rachel was dumb in CT though. The best Rachel I can recall back then was MSY. But compared to how Rachel players use her now, it's not too special.

Konan won SBO 2011 with Tsubaki against R-1's Noel.

Ohnonono

I would pick this up on PS3 with the sale this week but I can't play on anything but a Vita pad for FGs. Or at least it would be a huge adjustment and no stick for me anytime soon. I will think about it, but with a family my TV is usually taken :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ah. As expected. I still don't think she's an awful character, but no worthwhile buffs did feel kinda meh to stick with her. I honestly feel that Kagura might be a contender for worst despite the damage.

She's not, I honestly feel like going back to her. She's really the character I'm most in sync with

If Lambda's drive is fundamentally different from Nu, won't she...not be Lambda?

Celica is interesting. I like doll characters, and that she specializes in healing and protection sounds interesting. A doll version of SF4 Elena would be hilarious.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If Lambda's drive is fundamentally different from Nu, won't she...not be Lambda?

Celica is interesting. I like doll characters, and that she specializes in healing and protection sounds interesting. A doll version of SF4 Elena would be hilarious.

Well lambda's drives never had that much range compared to Nu as well. I could see them changing it up so it has the essence of her character still.

cj_iwakura

Evo BB images, including me with Mori:

z6vuemB.jpg

wZVRhS3.jpg

5raC4tq.jpg

JS9bA80.jpg

a8kGhf8.jpg

YQtCNNM.jpg

Rp7xdJb.jpg

lFmFmDL.jpg

VeCItWE.jpg

XF88L0A.jpg

5B19ddZ.jpg

y9EQxQ5.jpg

vbcxBpZ.jpg

my5u4Ap.jpg

XQiCyDS.jpg

dPyLqG8.jpg

pX8GdwO.jpg

StRAh4S.jpg

4DtlwAG.jpg

TSpJgmW.jpg

38k6HET.jpg

gPXDQxa.jpg

kLsu1mo.jpg

Rhapsody

Banned
After all these BB's and learning matchups, I don't think I absolutely loathe characters like I did back in CS days.

Besides maybe Arakune still and Kokonoe...

cj_iwakura

After all these BB's and learning matchups, I don't think I absolutely loathe characters like I did back in CS days.

Besides maybe Arakune still and Kokonoe...

I just have no idea what to do when a Litchi gets me in a corner and starts wailing away. I may as well set the controller down. Mindgame wrecked me.

Pics_nao

Bought the Vita version to play since I'm rarely home to play on my PS3. So yeah if you wanna play a few games just shoot me a message. PSN is Pics_nao_plz

Busaiku

Why the heck was Celica not even announced until now.
Seriously, she's everywhere.

Heck, she's the central character on the Vita game cover.

Top Bottom