• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Anne

I just realized Dustloop has a wiki and it's super useful.

Yeah, it's where most of the basic stuff gets stuffed. We are dependent on users to fill everything out and peer edit and etc. so not all the strategies are filled out. Make sure you check the video and combo threads, and don't be afraid to ask questions in places.

hao chi

You can totally create new threads in char sections as long as they're gameplay related. There's usually a Q&A thread, if not I'd just make a thread or check in the general discussion of said character.

Ah, I just assumed you can't since there's always the same few threads for every character I've checked.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah, the wiki is useful. There are still some parts that definitely need editing though. Arakune's is just copy/pasted stuff so you hear guard primer talk everywhere. Some of the frame data pages have a lot of blanks like Terumi's too.

Anne

Ah, I just assumed you can't since there's always the same few threads for every character I've checked.

Those are just threads we ask the char mods to create. Most players just stick to those and since most everything is in them or somewhere else online, the forums don't get full up. Plus, a lot of threads get put in archives once their usefulness is over.

I'm going to ask that char mods make sure a Q&A/FAQ thread exists from now on btw.

Yeah, the wiki is useful. There are still some parts that definitely need editing though. Arakune's is just copy/pasted stuff so you hear guard primer talk everywhere. Some of the frame data pages have a lot of blanks like Terumi's too.

I swore we fixed Terumi ;_; oh well thanks for pointing it out.

Onemic

After our little discussion yesterday Rhap...Im willing to give bb another shot...

Think I'm gonna start fresh and roll with Litchi though. She has them rekkas.

shaowebb

Out of those added for the new one I'm interested in Bullet for the grabs and Amane because of how much it reminds me of Whip from KoF on crack.

Tips?

Rhapsody

Banned
After our little discussion yesterday Rhap...Im willing to give bb another shot...

Think I'm gonna start fresh and roll with Litchi though. She has them rekkas.

It's a good game! I won't lie though, it's definitely difficult to reset things to neutral if there's a skill gap.
Learning your character's setplay to keep momentum and your teching options on wakeup are a must.

After that, you should be good for awhile in terms of just playing people.

BB has a variety of teching options and blocking at high level. But at mid to low level, neutral teching asap and treating regular and barrier blocks like Marvel is enough to enjoy the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Out of those added for the new one I'm interested in Bullet for the grabs and Amane because of how much it reminds me of Whip from KoF on crack.

Tips?

I'd say Bullet would transition you from other fighting games a little easier, Amane is a challenge to play and on top of that he doesn't really follow flow of fighting any of the other characters go for really. It's hard to explain, but once you try a few characters then give him a shot you'll understand right away.

RoeBear

Tips?

I just ordered a copy from Best Buy. Think of trying out Amane and Bullet

I'd say Bullet would transition you from other fighting games a little easier, Amane is a challenge to play and on top of that he doesn't really follow flow of fighting any of the other characters go for really. It's hard to explain, but once you try a few characters then give him a shot you'll understand right away.
Amane is a mix between a ranged character and a rush down when his drill is at lvl 3. His movement is strange to say the least and I'm pretty sure he only has a overhead when in the air. His C moves are really good though since I don't think they extend his hurtbox like you would assume. If the opponent rushes down and is in your face a lot he doesn't have many options though.

Bullet is a really good character for beginners. She has good frame traps, and her drive move is good for people who like to mash buttons. A really good plus for her is that with relatively easy combos she can get massive damage.

x Misogi

I just had to look up Serika/Celica. I had no idea who Minerva was either but it's a clone of Nirvana??

Lambda is back too? I feel like Arc is just doing whatever the hell they want without making any sense.

And lol, still no Jubei

Why are you dropping Bullet?

I'd like to play someone that applies a bit more pressure, and whenever i take a break from BB to play other games and come back i'm like "wow, i didn't remember her to have THIS much clunky movement..."

Also, it appears BBCP is on PSN for 31.49. Thinking about re-buying.

shaowebb

Yeah Bullet seems like she'd just click with my other interests. I liked Terry Bogard a lot, I love grapplers, I love divekicks and high damage pressure cast. Its why I was drawn to Hawkgirl in Injustice too.

Amane I am interested in because two characters I played, but never bothered to dedicate enough time to that I always did well with were Super Skrull and Whip. If his neutral game is anything like their's was then I could see myself getting another oddball character. Currently in Extend I play Trinity. Divekick pressure and overhead items. mmmmmm...yes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah Bullet seems like she'd just click with my other interests. I liked Terry Bogard a lot, I love grapplers, I love divekicks and high damage pressure cast. Its why I was drawn to Hawkgirl in Injustice too.

Amane I am interested in because two characters I played, but never bothered to dedicate enough time to that I always did well with were Super Skrull and Whip. If his neutral game is anything like their's was then I could see myself getting another oddball character. Currently in Extend I play Trinity. Divekick pressure and overhead items. mmmmmm...yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogq4hzJm9OM

shaowebb

Oh god yes those drills. Pokes seem translatable but mainly use jumps from what I'm seeing. Thats different but then again KoF wasn't a heavily air based game period so no big there. Plus divekicks equal love...AA game is different though than what I'd hoped.

I'll still try Amane. Probably gonna keep playing Trinity too, but this character looks pretty fun to learn along with Bullet.

Any clue what the priority on those divekicks are?

Anne

The hard part about Amane is combos. In BB, your combo depends on what move you started the combo with. Amane has really awkward and very specific confirms depending on the starter, char, spacing etc. It's his big weakness and what makes him really challenging to play well.

shaowebb

The hard part about Amane is combos. In BB, your combo depends on what move you started the combo with. Amane has really awkward and very specific confirms depending on the starter, char, spacing etc. It's his big weakness and what makes him really challenging to play well.

eeeeeeeeeeeeehhh...that may just be an issue then. Guess I'll play and find out. Love his theme though. I love playing as ridiculously sassy characters. My God Ashleigh in Battle Fantasia...Amane and him should hang.

Bullet seems an easy fit at least. I gotta stop being so cheap and buy the games I'm interested in sooner instead of staying on the fence. Steam has spoiled me. Once I get this though me and Q gonna have to play to break me into this thing hard. I've sorta just messed around on Extend and Calamity Trigger. Hell I don't even know if I had a main in Calamity Trigger...maybe Taokaka or Jin? I remember thinking Hakumen looked dope as hell, but I could never figure him out.

Vice

Just started downloading due to the PSN sale. Hopefully I can get some time in tonight. Going to look for a character simikar to Rose or Poison in Street Fighter 4.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so surprised this thread has survived being moved to community for this long.

Mods please allow this to continue.

shaowebb

I'm so surprised this thread has survived being moved to community for this long.

Mods please allow this to continue.

Yes please keep it open for awhile longer after All this exposure from EVO

Many of us are completely lost on just what this game has to offer and it needs more time and talk now so people can pick it up after this. I've never had a single player put me in tears before, but hooooooooooly shit at the emotional ride of watching Galileo at EVO climb to the top and become a Legend rivaling anything Justin Wong or Daigo has done. Hour of feels was that top 3 man...

Clicky the linky and know why this needs to stay in Gaming awhile longer. Folks need to see this and get in.

Bullet is a really good character for beginners. She has good frame traps, and her drive move is good for people who like to mash buttons. A really good plus for her is that with relatively easy combos she can get massive damage.

biblethump-png.25136

Noi

I'll probably give Nu/Lambda a whirl once the split comes to consoles. I never quote got used to the mode change and felt really bad about having to stop using the character I've used since CT. Might settle on just one depending on how they end up playing like (though I'm a bit biased towards Nu over Lambda due to character loyalty).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If Lambda gets her Megaman colors back I'll be seriously conflicted, as I rather enjoy what Nu has to offer. It might end up being matchup based.

shaowebb

Broke down on trying to find it locally. Bought it on sale on PSN. Downloading all 11gb now.

Time to actually learn this game instead of treating it as a visual novel. BTW great stuff on fuzzyjumping and fuzzyguarding last night on the stream. Pretty informative stuff. For now I'm focusing on just getting the basics first. I don't even know the cast from the last game yet. Completely free.

antibolo

Banned
Does both Terumi and Hazama exist in this? I thought Hazama was Terumi or something.

Well this is the same game that also has both Noel and Mu, and both Tsubaki and Izayoi, so I'm guessing they don't really care at this point.

EDIT: Hahaha and how could I forget
Jin and Hakumen
. I bet in later instalments of the story we'll learn that there was only like 3 different unique characters in the entire storyline.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah and Lambda and Nu are also the same soul or something

shaowebb

Well this is the same game that also has both Noel and Mu, and both Tsubaki and Izayoi, so I'm guessing they don't really care at this point.

Jin and Hakumen
. I bet in later instalments of the story we'll learn that there was only like 3 different unique characters in the entire storyline.

aaaaaaaaaaaand thats why I need to spend more time on arcade mode and the lab than story mode. Story mode Blaz Blue is not like other fighter story modes...you wont get a lot of character playtime during it to feel out anything. Arcade ladders it is for general impressions.

hao chi

Jin and Hakumen

Unless there's something I missed, they're just clones of Saya.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Unless there's something I missed, they're just clones of Saya.

Nu was supposed to have died, and Lambda was supposed to have just been basically a corpse. Somehow Nu's soul slipped into Lambda.

After CS when Lambda's body get's destroyed Nu's soul escapes and she reforms in the cauldron.

Mecha

Broke down on trying to find it locally. Bought it on sale on PSN. Downloading all 11gb now.

Time to actually learn this game instead of treating it as a visual novel. BTW great stuff on fuzzyjumping and fuzzyguarding last night on the stream. Pretty informative stuff. For now I'm focusing on just getting the basics first. I don't even know the cast from the last game yet. Completely free.

I'm in the same boat as you, around 50% complete after 2 hours of downloading..

Top Bottom