• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

RoeBear

Litchi sucks now so he dropped the game
Not serious

Ehh I don't want to sound like a jerk but I for the most part agree. Fugu's main game plan was to get 50 meter to get that super that is similar to the dolls rhapsody of memories super. That's pretty much gone now.
Which is pretty much my game plan with how I play Relius.

Well plus I remember him saying something about playing Melee a lot more. Could be that none of us were good enough for him :/

shaowebb

I've been trying to find this locally and then I see the talk of new characters and I know its time to hold off...AGAIN. Every time I go in they start building up for special super turbo stuff :C

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've been trying to find this locally and then I see the talk of new characters and I know its time to hold off...AGAIN. Every time I go in they start building up for special super turbo stuff :C

Game is like 31 bucks on psn right now. If a new version does come out it wont be out til at least Feb

RoeBear

Game is like 31 bucks on psn right now. If a new version does come out it wont be out til at least Feb

Yup, plus the longer you wait the worse it is. If you wait another year you'll get devistated by people who have played not only since 1.0, but also by the people who have played since BBCT. There's also been no mention of a PS4 edition it's just people hoping.

NEO0MJ

The characters will probably be DLC.

Unless the pull another CS EX. From the looks of it Minerva will be entirely new character with no recycling, and when you add in Celica we might have another Relius, which Arc felt was worth an entirely new disc release.

shaowebb

It better not...last time I did this I started getting hit hard. Still though, I guess I can afford it. Just so used to being cheap. I've been doing this same thing with DOA5U too. See new cast...hold off for special edition announcement.

Traumatized from Marvel and SFxTekken I guess.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It better not...last time I did this I started getting hit hard. Still though, I guess I can afford it. Just so used to being cheap. I've been doing this same thing with DOA5U too. See new cast...hold off for special edition announcement.

Traumatized from Marvel and SFxTekken I guess.

Well even then, CSEX came out almost 2 years later itself. People always seem to look past that.

I'd take the hit if it means BB lasting even longer by rebuilding the roster.

Plus I want to see Rachel in that cel-shaded glory <3

Agreed.

If they shouldn't remake the game because it will result in a lower than current roster size, then when should they? Because if they put out more games with the same visuals the roster will only increase with each release. And the answer to an upgraded BB ala Xrd quickly becomes never.

As for Celica I bet that she will be the puppet instead of Minerva.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ehh I don't want to sound like a jerk but I for the most part agree. Fugu's main game plan was to get 50 meter to get that super that is similar to the dolls rhapsody of memories super. That's pretty much gone now.
Which is pretty much my game plan with how I play Relius.

Well plus I remember him saying something about playing Melee a lot more. Could be that none of us were good enough for him :/

I wish I had a good connection with Fugu. EX connection wasn't quite there and BBCP's connection between us was even worse somehow.

Vic_Bast

Is this game recommend for fighting games beginners like me? I mean, does it have a good tutorial?
The only fighting game that I can play "well" until today is Injustice.

Rhapsody

Banned
Never actually tried that...

Also, wow there are a LOT of gag endings. None as hilarious as CT's, but they're fun.

I've done it a couple times to train a friend. There's some problems with it. That slowdown/lag at the beginning of matches actually happen every time you press select to reset. Also training mode for online is timed, iirc. It doesn't exit out to the lobby, but it basically presses select each time it hits zero.

Other than that, it's a great option.

Busaiku

This. BBCP also has online training mode, so you can always get help that way with us.
Someone give me a month long crash course on Platinum/the game.
Keep in mind I am one of, if not the, worst players you will ever encounter.

Maybe I should get a headset.

Rhapsody

Banned
Someone give me a month long crash course on Platinum/the game.
Keep in mind I am one of, if not the, worst players you will ever encounter.

Maybe I should get a headset.

I don't mind spending time helping you with Platinum in online training mode. I don't have a ps3 headset, but I have skype.
I'm on west coast though, so that could affect how well our connection is.

RoeBear

I don't mind spending time helping you with Platinum in online training mode. I don't have a ps3 headset, but I have skype.

I would imagine your connection with him should be as good as ours is. When I played Busaiku I get 4 bars in BBCP and when I played P4A.

Busaiku

I've gotten good matches in other games with Q and others.
And yeah, RoeBear lives in the same state, so that's a good approximation too.

mcw

It's cool, that's for sure. I'd never be able to take anyone up on the offer, though-- I'm the sort of person that doesn't play team-based games unless I've already mastered the game on my own time, because I feel like I'm wasting the other person's time otherwise.

Maybe this is a good time for a player like me to get into BlazBlue, though. Now that the game's been out for awhile, there must surely be a wealth of tutorial videos and such on YouTube that I could use to wrap my head around the game.

hao chi

I keep getting frustrated with Litchi combos I see using in matches not working for me and not knowing why they won't work, but I think I'll keep trying to figure her out. If that doesn't work out for me, I'm going to try out Celica when she's released.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So...are these characters looking to be borderline clones?
Nu:
- 5DD causes stagger, allowing easy followup to 4DD or something else, like astral.

Lambda:
- No stagger.

Nu:
- Has a special bidirectional dash cancel for many of her drives moves, both on ground and in the air. These dashes are functional teleports.

Lambda:
- Only has a forward command dash move with three possible enders: do nothing, kick low, shoulder slam high. The first version can pass through people but only when done at jab range. The other two can be comboed into and out of.

Nu:
- Has a fast ground projectile that hits low once and has high knockback, and can be summoned in reverse trajectory

Lambda:
- Has a slow ground projectile that doesn't hit low or go far but hits multiple times. Useful for pressure or oki. Can also be summoned in reverse.

Nu:
- Can place gravity wells in relatively quick succession to inhibit opponent's movement.

Lambda:
- Must wait a much longer time between wells, but arms have a hitbox that can be used in combos or as a reversal (not invincible in extend).

Nu:
- Will not have mode change after next BBCP update.

Lambda
- Will not have mode change either.

Nu:
- Is Ryu.

Lambda:
- Is Ken.

Edit: By the way, while switching modes is kind of cool and all, the actual times you needed to switch in neutral were so abstract compared to other stance characters I've played like Tira. Most of all, though, CP Nu's defense suffered a ton because unless you happened to be in the right mode when you were getting pressured, you had no reversal at all.

Nu:
- 5DD causes stagger, allowing easy followup to 4DD or something else, like astral.

Lambda:
- No stagger.

Nu:
- Has a special bidirectional dash cancel for many of her drives moves, both on ground and in the air. These dashes are functional teleports.

Lambda:
- Only has a forward command dash move with three possible enders: do nothing, kick low, shoulder slam high. The first version can pass through people but only when done at jab range. The other two can be comboed into and out of.

Nu:
- Has a fast ground projectile that hits low once and has high knockback, and can be summoned in reverse trajectory

Lambda:
- Has a slow ground projectile that doesn't hit low or go far but hits multiple times. Useful for pressure or oki. Can also be summoned in reverse.

Nu:
- Can place gravity wells in relatively quick succession to inhibit opponent's movement.

Lambda:
- Must wait a much longer time between wells, but arms have a hitbox that can be used in combos or as a reversal (not invincible in extend).

Nu:
- Will not have mode change after next BBCP update.

Lambda
- Will not have mode change either.

Nu:
- Is Ryu.

Lambda:
- Is Ken.

Edit: By the way, while switching modes is kind of cool and all, the actual times you needed to switch in neutral were so abstract compared to other stance characters I've played like Tira. Most of all, though, CP Nu's defense suffered a ton because unless you happened to be in the right mode when you were getting pressured, you had no reversal at all.
Thank you for this thorough response.

So basically, Nu is being split into two? I tried maiming Lambda once and failed horribly. I thought it would work out since I main Dormammu, but it just never clicked.

Anyway, since I loathe stance change characters, I am happy to see then go this route. It would be silly if Lambda were DLC, though, yes?

Famitsu apparently. A FB post in my local BB group said so at least and mentioned she's keeping Dia, so I'd guess Lambda would be more like Luna.

Yes I found the scan.
Seriously, what the fuck. This is going to be a huge nerf to Nu if they don't compensate for taking away half her tools.
I was indifferent to Lambda but now I'm pissed that this is going to have an affect on current CP Nu.

I keep getting frustrated with Litchi combos I see using in matches not working for me and not knowing why they won't work, but I think I'll keep trying to figure her out. If that doesn't work out for me, I'm going to try out Celica when she's released.

There's a lot of reasons why a combo may not work. Some are character specific, some require a counter hit, some require a crouching opponent, some only work midscreen, some only in the corner, etc.

You could always ask here (our resident Litchi is Fugu) or try visiting dustloop.

edit: Nu and Lambda used to be two different characters. This probably means that Nu will play more like in CT (strong keepaway) and Lambda will probably will play with a better midrange/mixup game. That's my thought anyway.

I'm reading on Dustloop that this is a new arcade revision. BBCP2 ahoy!

Doesn't confirm or deny how the characters are coming to console, but another Extend situation seems really likely now.

Nyoro SF

Yes I found the scan.
Seriously, what the fuck. This is going to be a huge nerf to Nu if they don't compensate for taking away half her tools.
I was indifferent to Lambda but now I'm pissed that this is going to have an affect on current CP Nu.

I'm sure it'll be just fine. She was mid tier so according to Mori balance logic she'll stay mid tier. If she was low tier she'd get worse, and if she was top tier she'd get buffs.

hao chi

There's a lot of reasons why a combo may not work. Some are character specific, some require a counter hit, some require a crouching opponent, some only work midscreen, some only in the corner, etc.

You could always ask here (our resident Litchi is Fugu) or try visiting dustloop.

I make sure to pay attention to all of that stuff when a combo isn't working. Thanks though.

Sounds like Fugu doesn't play anymore, so I don't know how up to date he would be on Litchi's combos in 1.1. As for Dustloop, it doesn't seem like there's a good place to ask for character-specific advice since you can't create new threads in the character sections, and none of the threads really seem to be specifically about just asking for advice. I've thought about PM'ing people and just asking if they'd answer some questions for me, and still might do that.

I did actually find out why a couple combos weren't working last night though, which feels oddly refreshing.

Anne

I make sure to pay attention to all of that stuff when a combo isn't working. Thanks though.

Sounds like Fugu doesn't play anymore, so I don't know how up to date he would be on Litchi's combos in 1.1. As for Dustloop, it doesn't seem like there's a good place to ask for character-specific advice since you can't create new threads in the character sections, and none of the threads really seem to be specifically about just asking for advice. I've thought about PM'ing people and just asking if they'd answer some questions for me, and still might do that.

I did actually find out why a couple combos weren't working last night though, which feels oddly refreshing.

You can totally create new threads in char sections as long as they're gameplay related. There's usually a Q&A thread, if not I'd just make a thread or check in the general discussion of said character.

Picked this up during the sale (along with the two DLC characters). I haven't played BlazBlue since the initial release. I used to use Nu and Hakumen. Will probably stick with them (focus on Hakumen), but I want to pick up Izayoi. I hear she's terrible, but I love how she looks and her fighting style.

Is there a good place for character FAQs? Dust loop's forums assume a lot of knowledge at this point and I really need a refresh on the basics.

Top Bottom