• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
Just picked this up via the PSN sale.

First thing I noticed was, coming from SF4, the default button layout on an arcade stick seems a little weird. Anybody have a suggestion for a better layout for me? I was just going to change it to:

A B C
D

Probably should map the other buttons too but not sure what would be the most useful yet.

That works. The two default ones for arcade are

Type A

B C D
A

Type B

A B C
D

Either or is fine. It's not necessary to map the shortcuts if you play on stick though.

NEO0MJ

I really need to get back to practicing, with so many newcomers I might actually win! If the connection is solid enough, that is.

So weird...

Not exactly BB, but it relates to it. Two pieces of art by Ishiwatari and Mori of Ritsuko and Chihaya. lol

I feel that Mori needs to step it up for the next BB game. Daisuke's art always feels more distinctive versus Mori's which always seems to lack detail and shadows. It likely won't be much of an issue if they use 3D renders like Xrd does.

Beats

I was going to mention this to you after our matches yesterday Disco, but I went straight to bed. If you turn off the automatic replay upload the game goes back to the lobby faster.

shaowebb

Sounds about right from the stuff you told me before xD

2 days and counting...and I'm nowhere near done. I'm gonna be shoving shit in trashbags the day of the move at this rate ;_;

Then after that no internet for a week which is about what I'll need to even get the crap begun being put away.

sigh...adult ass things always get in the way. At least I'll be able to do art in the meantime. Sucks though...first I didn't get to keep playing Smash Project M and now I wont be able to do much with BB for awhile. I need to go print some Dustloop stuff before the move or I'll probably wreck myself with bad habits next week.

ironmang

These shoryuken motions in BB aren't very forgiving. If the input touches forward then the move doesn't come out. This seems like it'll be problematic in real matches. :(

RoeBear

These shoryuken motions in BB aren't very forgiving. If the input touches forward then the move doesn't come out. This seems like it'll be problematic in real matches. :(

I'm pretty sure the patch made it to where if you did 6236 it would count as a dp. Ironically this causes problems for Carl and Bang iirc.

ironmang

I'm pretty sure the patch made it to where if you did 6236 it would count as a dp. Ironically this causes problems for Carl and Bang iirc.

I was mostly just doing some challenges to get an idea of timing. Maybe the patch doesn't count there idk. I'll give it a try in training though.

RoeBear

I was mostly just doing some challenges to get an idea of timing. Maybe the patch doesn't count there idk. I'll give it a try in training though.

It might not count there, but I thought they mentioned they were doing something with the trials in challenge mode when they patched it. Not 100% sure on it though. I know it does in training mode.

Ohnonono

So I am really enjoying play the computer and training still in this game. That said I went to look at the other modes and saw Unlimited Mars. WHAT THE FUCK. Is this some kind of trick or do you really just need to be so good at the game that you can KO off 2 combos or something. It seems absolutely impossible.

Keasar

A friend of mine is trying to find a copy of Chronophantasma but all the local stores who had the import version seem to have run out sadly. And all Amazon sellers are out as well (except one in the US but that copy costs around 110 USD in total). According to news there was supposed to be a European version released on PSN but I can't find that either.

Anyone know what happened to it or if there is somewhere to get the game fairly cheap for shipping to Sweden?

So I am really enjoying play the computer and training still in this game. That said I went to look at the other modes and saw Unlimited Mars. WHAT THE FUCK. Is this some kind of trick or do you really just need to be so good at the game that you can KO off 2 combos or something. It seems absolutely impossible.

It truly is SNK Boss Rush : The Mode. I had a lot of playtime with Score Attack in the earlier versions of the game and that was mainly normal characters enhanced with the crack level AI. Now it's a huge path of Unlimited characters with that same hilariously high difficulty level. I like that there's a sincerely challenging mode in the game for the people who like and aren't accustomed to a challenge from the single player in a fighting game.

Ohnonono

It truly is SNK Boss Rush : The Mode. I had a lot of playtime with Score Attack in the earlier versions of the game and that was mainly normal characters enhanced with the crack level AI. Now it's a huge path of Unlimited characters with that same hilariously high difficulty level. I like that there's a sincerely challenging mode in the game for the people who like and aren't accustomed to a challenge from the single player in a fighting game.

It is nuts, lol. Maybe something to aim for but... I suppose I should just be playing the AI on higher and higher difficulties before attempting that stuff.

Ohnonono

This game is so hard to pick a main for. I have really put decent time into Rachel, Mu, Nu, Platinum, Koko, Izayoi, Bullet, and Noel. It really changes everyday what I am into but so far Rachel and Nu are I think the most interesting. Rachel is one of the only ones that i feel like I can use the mechanics to craft my own decent combos with. It all needs good set up but when it happens its GLORY.

This game is so hard to pick a main for. I have really put decent time into Rachel, Mu, Nu, Platinum, Koko, Izayoi, Bullet, and Noel. It really changes everyday what I am into but so far Rachel and Nu are I think the most interesting. Rachel is one of the only ones that i feel like I can use the mechanics to craft my own decent combos with. It all needs good set up but when it happens its GLORY.

I'm having a bit of a character crisis as well, I had this problem in CS where like half the cast looked interesting and now I have even more options to play with. Sort of kills any motivation I have to pick up the DLC actually because there's a LOT that I can discover and learn to do with the current cast.

My day 1 was basically just Platinum, she's fun for sure but I think the difficulty of even her basic stuff is too high for the amount of work you have to put in to get in and ultimately the damage that results from it. She'll be a character I dab with in the future for sure but I'm not sure I'd be confident in maining her.

Day 2 was Bang and going over some of the overarching stuff thats changed for him since CS. I'm not sure why it is but I'm having a lot of trouble landing his 6C -> j.D -> Web Nail. The jump cancel isn't coming out before I land and then im stuck in this weird recovery period where I can only cancel into his Falcon Punch. Any Bang mains with some tips on that?

Day 3 who knows, I was messing with Relius a bit in the morning (totally a JoJo character) but I also want to check out some of the zoners in the game as well. Rachel and 13 are both on that short list. But I'm in a lobby with a Kagura right now and he looks like a total blast to play, may have to work through story mode to try him out.

Should get around to trying Unlimited Mars. What's harder: Persona 4 Arena's Score Attack or BBCP's Unlimited Mars?

Does P4A have Unlimited characters? If not then I think I'd put money on BBCP's Unlimited Mars being harder. It's one thing to have a really difficult AI but the implications of going against modified version of characters that are objectively better adds a whole new level to the equation.

Naite

Day 2 was Bang and going over some of the overarching stuff thats changed for him since CS. I'm not sure why it is but I'm having a lot of trouble landing his 6C -> j.D -> Web Nail. The jump cancel isn't coming out before I land and then im stuck in this weird recovery period where I can only cancel into his Falcon Punch. Any Bang mains with some tips on that?
Instead of doing 2369C for his TK nail, I do 8,236C in this version.

FluxWaveZ

Does P4A have Unlimited characters? If not then I think I'd put money on BBCP's Unlimited Mars being harder. It's one thing to have a really difficult AI but the implications of going against modified version of characters that are objectively better adds a whole new level to the equation.

P4A's Score Attack is notorious, as it does indeed have what are essentially super buffed, unlimited versions of every character in the roster with AI that's harder than the hardest AI in the other game modes. It's part of the reason why only 0.1% of people have a P4A platinum trophy, so I'm interested in trying out Unlimited Mars to see how that compares.

Instead of doing 2369C for his TK nail, I do 8,236C in this version.

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the quick tip.

P4A's Score Attack is notorious, as it does indeed have what are essentially super buffed, unlimited versions of every character in the roster with AI that's harder than the hardest AI in the other game modes. It's part of the reason why only 0.1% of people have a P4A platinum trophy, so I'm interested in trying out Unlimited Mars to see how that compares.

Only one way to find out then!

NEO0MJ

A friend of mine is trying to find a copy of Chronophantasma but all the local stores who had the import version seem to have run out sadly. And all Amazon sellers are out as well (except one in the US but that copy costs around 110 USD in total). According to news there was supposed to be a European version released on PSN but I can't find that either.

Anyone know what happened to it or if there is somewhere to get the game fairly cheap for shipping to Sweden?

Why not just buy it from the US PSN store? You can buy PSN credit from the US amazon store.

Pouh

VideoGamesPlus, from Canada. The standard edition is currently in "backorder" though.

Should get around to trying Unlimited Mars. What's harder: Persona 4 Arena's Score Attack or BBCP's Unlimited Mars?

- There are less fights to go through in BBCP to beat Unlimited Mars, but there are multiple courses.

-You don't need to actually beat BBCP's to get all its trophies.

-In P4 you can just instakill them in the second round most of the time but not BBCP for obvious reasons

-P4 has Ultimate Elizabeth's Diarahan bullshit

I'd probably say P4 but can't say I've actually tried Unlimited Mars here yet.

NEO0MJ

I'll send these along. Though he first and foremost want the physical copy of the game as it is a lot easier to travel around with than having to login with a PSN account and download it.

True, but PSN is probably the cheaper option. I think the game is still on sale, too.

Thanks for the matches Prototype, was totally outclassed in that lobby. I think I want to look into a character with decent reversal options for a start as I don't think the options Bang has really mesh all that well with my playstyle. Doesn't help that he's a character that's really defined by his mixups and movement and that's something that I don't really have a full grasp of at the moment. He just happens to be the only character I'm comfortable doing damage with at the moment.

The character hunt continues!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Thanks for the matches Prototype, was totally outclassed in that lobby. I think I want to look into a character with decent reversal options for a start as I don't think the options Bang has really mesh all that well with my playstyle. Doesn't help that he's a character that's really defined by his mixups and movement and that's something that I don't really have a full grasp of at the moment. He just happens to be the only character I'm comfortable doing damage with at the moment.

Learn Ragna. He's a really good character to learn specially if you want a good reversal.

Learn Ragna. He's a really good character to learn specially if you want a good reversal.

There's a distinct lack of Science in Ragna's arsenal that can't be ignored.

With playstyles as diverse as the ones in BlazBlue I've always found that Ragna is just way too by the books for him to hold any appeal for me. And the character himself just makes me want to play Sol instead. Maybe Jin? Though I guess starting with someone simpler from the outset just to get a better handle on the mechanics of the game wouldn't be so bad.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There's a distinct lack of Science in Ragna's arsenal that can't be ignored.

With playstyles as diverse as the ones in BlazBlue I've always found that Ragna is just way too by the books for him to hold any appeal for me. And the character himself just makes me want to play Sol instead. Maybe Jin?

Dude ragna has a damn mechanical sword sycthe and a robotic arm that draws power from a dimension that has no ties to time and you bring up Jin who just fights with an ice sword? :p

Ragna plays almost nothing like Sol btw :3 Jin is fine if you like pressing buttons in peoples face :p But his reversals suck.

Characters with good reversals are Ragna and Azrael.... and uhhhh.... uhhhh.... yeah.

I think you're used to CS still. That super that carries into the corner is no longer good. You should be saving your meter for Ashura, which is actually one of the best counter supers in the game (safe on block, I believe?). It's also good to save your meters to rapid for 4 seals since it opens up to his new (pretty OP) DD.

I don't feel like I earn my matches with Azrael. I just flail around until I win.

Dude ragna has a damn mechanical sword sycthe and a robotic arm that draws power from a dimension that has no ties to time and you bring up Jin who just fights with an ice sword? :p

Ragna plays almost nothing like Sol btw :3 Jin is fine if you like pressing buttons in peoples face :p But his reversals suck.

Characters with good reversals are Ragna and Azrael.... and uhhhh.... uhhhh.... yeah.

Well when you put it that way ...

I think you're used to CS still. That super that carries into the corner is no longer good. You should be saving your meter for Ashura, which is actually one of the best counter supers in the game (safe on block, I believe?). It's also good to save your meters to rapid for 4 seals since it opens up to his new (pretty OP) DD.

I don't feel like I earn my matches with Azrael. I just flail around until I win.

This I didn't know. And yeah I looked up the frame data on Ashura and it's only -7 on block now. Basically safe.

And suddenly the 4 seal combos on Dustloop make sense.

This I didn't know. And yeah I looked up the frame data on Ashura and it's only -7 on block now. Basically safe.

And suddenly the 4 seal combos on Dustloop make sense.

Yeah, Bang got some major reworking. Furikazan is now his OD and Steel Rain is no longer a DD and uses 4 nails instead. He got pretty interesting, imo.

Rhapsody

Banned
I try online, but I usually just enjoy it with people I know (personally or on forums).
As long as the opponent doesn't think I suck when it's an awful connection, I'll have fun with it lol

It's not fun fighting randoms in ranked or whatever for me.

I need to pick a character to learn, but I pretty much have no experience with fighting games.

From playing SF4 for like half an hour all I can say is that I have no idea how to properly apply pressure and usually end up turtling until I get opened up and eat a ton of damage and lose the match. I crumble really easily under pressure.

Not to mention that I don't even know how to pick a character for my play style because I don't have one. Usually I just do it by feel so I was trying Jin in CT and Hazama in CS. Tried playing Kanji in P4A because that grappler burst damage is very appealing to beginner scrubs like me. However I never really played any of those games long enough to properly learn anything.

Ken

I need to pick a character to learn, but I pretty much have no experience with fighting games.

From playing SF4 for like half an hour all I can say is that I have no idea how to properly apply pressure and usually end up turtling until I get opened up and eat a ton of damage and lose the match. I crumble really easily under pressure.

Not to mention that I don't even know how to pick a character for my play style because I don't have one. Usually I just do it by feel so I was trying Jin in CT and Hazama in CS. Tried playing Kanji in P4A because that grappler burst damage is very appealing to beginner scrubs like me. However I never really played any of those games long enough to properly learn anything.

try everyone!

or do it my way by picking the characters with the largest bust

NEO0MJ

I know it's kinda obbvious, but try sticking with Ragna for a while. He has good tools and is easy to play. Plus his drive is just another attack button instead of a strange mechanic.

shaowebb

Eh, I don't mind online at all. It's online or nothing for me so I've come to deal with it :p

For what its worth my new internet in a few weeks is literally doubling in speed from my old one. So now when we finally go in and you get around to wrecking me you don't have to do it on my old internet that lost in speedtests to puerto rican connections.

Top Bottom