• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Uraizen

Banned
Back=4 and downback=1 in number notation. Basically he's mashing for Instant Barrier Block.

rPTYebo.gif

I was talking Injustice on twitter earlier. I can't believe I didn't catch that.

Ohnonono

Dia: If you're close enough you can do 5DD > 4DD > 4B > into a much better combo, like almost anything you want.
Asides from that, there's not much else you can do asides from 236D(~C if they're really far) for the knockdown or spend meter to keep the combo going.

Luna: 5DD > 4DD doesn't actually combo but after either of those you can do 236B which can lead into a lot of things depending on the spacing.

j.2DD has too much recovery to land and combo into 5DD. It's better to poke with j.2D(D) and then confirm from there what you want to do. You may be able to get some weird combo off of j.2D CH but that's really hard to confirm unless you're looking out for it. Otherwise the only combo you'll be able to from j.2DD on a grounded opponent is j.214D, which may whiff depending on which stance you're in lol

Thanks!

So I watched some Hazama matches.

How the hell does everyone just get away with these jump-ins from across the entire screen. It looks so incredibly unsafe.

RoeBear

He can manipulate his movement really well. Against a good Hazama, it can be really difficult to predict.

Exactly this^

5D across the screen Hazama will be somewhat easy to read and get a good AA against. Ones that keep a stock and like to do D>B or C won't get easily punished.

Ohnonono

I am hoping that the Vita version allows me to double bind D to its normal button and a shoulder button. I need to be able to DB apparently and that is real hard on a pad. If i had the extra button I could just get used to it when i had to hit B.

RoeBear

I am hoping that the Vita version allows me to double bind D to its normal button and a shoulder button. I need to be able to DB apparently and that is real hard on a pad. If i had the extra button I could just get used to it when i had to hit B.

Pretty positive you can't double bind commands on any version. That was the whole point in making it easier to switch buttons.

Rhapsody

Banned
Exactly this^

5D across the screen Hazama will be somewhat easy to read and get a good AA against. Ones that keep a stock and like to do D>B or C won't get easily punished.
Stuff like j4D~D does some really interesting arcs too.

Sets up really nice cross ups and movement options when the chain is still short.

Well I paid money for Terumi.

Seems like a really fun character to use, relatively unique too since so many of his moves have very long multi hit animations. I guess the execution is easier that way in my opinion. It also makes a nice gameplay balance though because if you whiff it leaves you rather exposed for a punish.

Good games Disco. I'm so bad at this game. lol ._.

Na you're really not. In this case it's probably just my previous BlazBlue experience coming into the picture, I played a bunch of Continuum Shift before I picked up Skullgirls. Doesn't Izayoi have a pretty decent DP? Probably something to consider using more often. Especially after I use that Electric Grab thing that Tager has. It's a setup move specifically designed to make the opponent guess so if you just sit there and block you're gonna keep getting command grabbed- jump, backdash, DP, feel free to do a bunch of things. Also pay attention to the status of Tager's special gauge, the sparkbolt gauge. When it's completely filled he gets access to the electric fireball that allows him to combo full screen so when you see that its full try to do your best to get me to waste it.

You really want to be wary of using Izayoi's projectile against Azrael too because he can absorb them and turn them into super fireballs.

In either case we're both getting mauled by Prototype and ApolloJoe (and I'm lagging with both of them for some reason?)

:D

Beats

Good games everyone. I'm happy I took at least one round off you Prototype. lol

Na you're really not. In this case it's probably just my previous BlazBlue experience coming into the picture, I played a bunch of Continuum Shift before I picked up Skullgirls. Doesn't Izayoi have a pretty decent DP? Probably something to consider using more often. Especially after I use that Electric Grab thing that Tager has. It's a setup move specifically designed to make the opponent guess so if you just sit there and block you're gonna keep getting command grabbed- jump, backdash, DP, feel free to do a bunch of things. Also pay attention to the status of Tager's special gauge, the sparkbolt gauge. When it's completely filled he gets access to the electric fireball that allows him to combo full screen so when you see that its full try to do your best to get me to waste it.

You really want to be wary of using Izayoi's projectile against Azrael too because he can absorb them and turn them into super fireballs.

In either case we're both getting mauled by Prototype and ApolloJoe (and I'm lagging with both of them for some reason?)

I don't think she has a decent DP? She has two pretty good anti air special moves, but they only have head invulnerability.

I'm not very familiar with most of the cast, so I wasn't aware of Azrael's ability to absorb those projectiles heh.

Onemic

Izayoi doesn't have an invincible DP. Her DP is good for AA's only. Her only real reversal is her super.

Rhapsody

Banned

Izayoi has no DP. Only reversal option is super.

Edit: Looks like onemic already covered it all. Fuurenkazan'ed.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh man I can't wait to have to buy a whole new edition of BBCP just to get 1.5 new characters.
CS2 was a free balance update with DLC characters that had to be purchased. It's not unreasonable to believe that's possible for CP2 as well.

Also, Nu will no longer be a stance change character in CP2.

Ohnonono

Pretty positive you can't double bind commands on any version. That was the whole point in making it easier to switch buttons.

This turns out to be true. Its a bother I will have to work around. I have done it before. Does not effect Nu who is quickly becoming the main of mains though. I even pulled off half of her anti air combo in a game last night guys! Root for me! lol

Ohnonono

CS2 was a free balance update with DLC characters that had to be purchased. It's not unreasonable to believe that's possible for CP2 as well.

Also, Nu will no longer be a stance change character in CP2.

I hate playing this game knowing that the character I am learning on is going to be really altered in the "near future" (I realize this stuff can take a long ass time to filter down... especially to vita.)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
This turns out to be true. Its a bother I will have to work around. I have done it before. Does not effect Nu who is quickly becoming the main of mains though. I even pulled off half of her anti air combo in a game last night guys! Root for me! lol
The main thing about doing combos with Nu and Lambda is to not rush things. There are specific spots which require quick timing, but overall everything is fairly laid back, especially with normals like 3C which can be cancelled early.

I hate playing this game knowing that the character I am learning on is going to be really altered in the "near future" (I realize this stuff can take a long ass time to filter down... especially to vita.)
This is Blazblue. ArcSys changes how characters play in each revision for the hell of it. Even going from CS1->CS2->CSE a Lambda player had to rework combos and various tech. Nevermind CT Nu being removed completely in favor of CS Lambda to begin with, but I didn't play CT so I didn't have to worry about that until now.

RIP 5C corner loops. :(

Ohnonono

The main thing about doing combos with Nu and Lambda is to not rush things. There are specific spots which require quick timing, but overall everything is fairly laid back, especially with normals like 3C which can be cancelled early.

This is Blazblue. ArcSys changes how characters play in each revision for the hell of it. Even going from CS1->CS2->CSE a Lambda player had to rework combos and various tech. Nevermind CT Nu being removed completely in favor of CS Lambda to begin with, but I didn't play CT so I didn't have to worry about that until now.

RIP 5C corner loops. :(

If you are a Nu player would you mine maybe giving me something like... Here are 4-5 combos you need to know, now go to training mode and make it happen?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If you are a Nu player would you mine maybe giving me something like... Here are 4-5 combos you need to know, now go to training mode and make it happen?
My Nu is rather incomplete. I had to ditch all of my Lambda muscle memory and while I have the hang of playing the Nu side of things now I never put in the time to really get a grasp on her stance change game.

Ohnonono

My Nu is rather incomplete. I had to ditch all of my Lambda muscle memory and while I have the hang of playing the Nu side of things now I never put in the time to really get a grasp on her stance change game.

Ahh, thanks for the advice anyway! I will stick to the Dustloop BnBs someone linked me.

Pics_nao

Celica looks hilariously awesome to play. If she doesn't play like a puppet character I'll try learning her. CP2 needs to buff Izayoi to prepatch Kokonoe levels

ApolloJoh

Yeah, I'm all too familiar with it, lol.

It was the main reason why I stopped playing Hakumen honestly. Too many drastic changes in each version to the point where I didn't feel like re-learning him each time.

Though, I usually rotate between using Litchi, Ragna, and Hakumen depending on who I like playing the most in each revision of the game minus EX since I didn't bother with it.

In CP1, it's mainly Ragna, and Litchi sometimes. Could change in CP2, who knows!

CT Nu going to CS Lambda she received a lot of deserved nerfs that changed her neutral game completely. But within the CS revisions, Lambda's neutral remained mostly the same if not better.
It's pretty fair to expect that the jump from CS to CP would be fairly large.

What really annoys me about splitting up Nu and Lambda now is that they gave Nu a lot of new tools by giving her the stance mechanic which plays a huge role in her neutral game but now they're taking all that away to justify reusing assets and go "look! more characters!".
They really should have left Nu's stance mechanic alone and have Lambda be the simpler non-stance character.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm expecting lots of changes for no reason. They better not destroy my favorite iteration of Rachel.

Her current version is just perfect. CT she was godlike, but part of that was just damage and system mechanics.

Narroo

CT Nu going to CS Lambda she received a lot of deserved nerfs that changed her neutral game completely. But within the CS revisions, Lambda's neutral remained mostly the same if not better.
It's pretty fair to expect that the jump from CS to CP would be fairly large.

What really annoys me about splitting up Nu and Lambda now is that they gave Nu a lot of new tools by giving her the stance mechanic which plays a huge role in her neutral game but now they're taking all that away to justify reusing assets and go "look! more characters!".
They really should have left Nu's stance mechanic alone and have Lambda be the simpler non-stance character.

Or, just not have done the stances in the first place.

Or, just not have done the stances in the first place.

You're giving Mori too much credit to be able to think of something like that.

Although if that happened some of the moves that had overlapping commands would be hard to pick one over the other. Both forms 236D were great tools.

I'm expecting lots of changes for no reason. They better not destroy my favorite iteration of Rachel.

Her current version is just perfect. CT she was godlike, but part of that was just damage and system mechanics.

I really hope that they leave the top characters alone (or minor changes) and change the bottom tier chars. I feel like the top 5 chars or so are pretty much perfect as they are.

As OP as they say Kokonoe is, she was clearly beatable since there weren't any top 8 Kokos (which was surprising to me).

Top Bottom