• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

She's considered by many the undisputed best character in the game, even if no one maining her made top 8 ar EVO this year.

Litchi always makes top 3 even though every single revision, it's "She's not as good as she used to be."

Also Bang is the best character in the game.

Onemic

How are you supposed to play Litchi? Is her staff mod like her footsie mode and her staffless mode her mixup mode? What are her footsie buttons?

Anne

It's telling when the newly split off Lambda thread only has one thread and it's locked.

Yeah, I wasn't a part of that, but after I saw it had 100 replies in under a day, I assumed it was pretty silly at that point. That's the exact reason why we have a "don't speculate like crazy" thing going on. It leads to that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, it wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have people freaking out over crazy extrapolations.

"OMG NU WILL HAVE NO DAMAGE NOW"

*facepalm*

Oh okay, so Celica isn't actually a puppet character and the thing is only there for aesthetics. Interest +1 in the character, she looks really fun to play. Goes to show you really can't judge a book by its cover when it comes to Arc Sys and playstyles, I was expecting the v-11 announcement along with her that she'd be something akin to a remixed Carl/Relius.

Ohnonono

Stepped the AI up to Very Hard last night and the game put me in check for sure. Learning more defensive play and trying to stay safe more often. For some reason I am having success with Bullet now. She can be real hard to get in with but when she does I get gets that damage. After getting trashed by the AI I turned it back to normal and went ham on Arcade mode and beat it with 2 more characters for revenge, lol.

Oh okay, so Celica isn't actually a puppet character and the thing is only there for aesthetics. Interest +1 in the character, she looks really fun to play. Goes to show you really can't judge a book by its cover when it comes to Arc Sys and playstyles, I was expecting the v-11 announcement along with her that she'd be something akin to a remixed Carl/Relius.

She looks more like Dizzy.

Stepped the AI up to Very Hard last night and the game put me in check for sure. Learning more defensive play and trying to stay safe more often. For some reason I am having success with Bullet now. She can be real hard to get in with but when she does I get gets that damage. After getting trashed by the AI I turned it back to normal and went ham on Arcade mode and beat it with 2 more characters for revenge, lol.

Honestly, I think you should play online if possible. AI is no replacement for real players. Even if you lose, what's the worst thing that's going to happen?

Yeah, the douchebags will tell you you suck or something, but the ones who understand how hard it is to start off will keep playing with you (to a certain extent). Don't be afraid and jump in. It's the fastest way to learn, IMO.

Ohnonono

She looks more like Dizzy.

Honestly, I think you should play online if possible. AI is no replacement for real players. Even if you lose, what's the worst thing that's going to happen?

Yeah, the douchebags will tell you you suck or something, but the ones who understand how hard it is to start off will keep playing with you (to a certain extent). Don't be afraid and jump in. It's the fastest way to learn, IMO.

I am Vita only. I have only seen one opponent one time and he bailed before the match. I try every night to fight real people. I really wish these games had cross platform play like SKxTekken did. I hope Skullgirls Vita port does too.

I am Vita only. I have only seen one opponent one time and he bailed before the match. I try every night to fight real people. I really wish these games had cross platform play like SKxTekken did. I hope Skullgirls Vita port does too.

Ah... I would imagine the competition is better on the PS3 anyway, so there's really no point then. The bad thing about playing AI is that it gives you really bad habits. They're great for combo practices though.

Naite

I don't have a much free time lately and I'm usually playing something else but I'm down to play with you as long as it's not too laggy. I only played one match online for vita and it was against a D spamming Noel on an extremely laggy connection.

Onemic

what the...shes not a puppet character but has a puppet..weird.

I might try her out.

cj_iwakura

Wow, that Sector Seven ending.

It's not going to get easier, is it?

Can we get a spoiler thread for the story? What I don't get...

What is Relius after? Why revive the Black Beast? Terumi, I could believe, but what does Relius have to gain from destroying the world?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wow, that Sector Seven ending.

It's not going to get easier, is it?

Can we get a spoiler thread for the story? What I don't get...

What is Relius after? Why revive the Black Beast? Terumi, I could believe, but what does Relius have to gain from destroying the world?

It's clears up a bit after you finish the final story up :3

cj_iwakura

BB's story is convoluted to the point that nothing makes sense without full context, and sometimes even with it.

I think the very core elements do, but the stuff about seithr and the Cauldrons is when it starts going over my head. Obviously everyone living in Kagutsuchi knows what all that is, but I'm not Relius.

Pics_nao

Recently got a stick and tried playing this with it. Holy fuck this shit is hard. I cannot get motions to come out for the life of me and spent an hour practicing doing Hell's Fang and Dead Spike. Street Fighter was surprisingly easier to play on a stick than this

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Recently got a stick and tried playing this with it. Holy fuck this shit is hard. I cannot get motions to come out for the life of me and spent an hour practicing doing Hell's Fang and Dead Spike. Street Fighter was surprisingly easier to play on a stick than this
This game doesn't really have shortcuts on it's commands nor does it have negative edge on the inputs

antibolo

Banned

Which Street Fighter?

Modern fighting games have MUCH more lenient input motion algorithms.

I recently tried SSF2T HD Remix again (which accurately reproduces the same input logic as the original) and I was cursing like a sailor at how many specials I miffed. And this was on my same stick I use for modern games.

Man, I am going through the worst cold streak right now. My hands betray me whenever I need to do something that requires the slightest execution and I apparently forgot how to block or play defensively at all. Bleh. One month until P4AU.

So I just finished the story mode.

WTF AT THAT ENDING.

So Rachel saw all of this coming already? Repetitions were mentioned. And that epilogue, I'm pretty sure what Hibiki mentioned about wielders of ars magus popping up/remaining people from the seithrization is alluding to new characters in the next game. And Rachel herself being a Chrono Phantasma like Celica. So she's essentially asking Tsubaki to make Ragna a Chrono Phantasma as well by killing him with the Izayoi?

The story contains a lot of questions but I think a lot of the answers or at least partial answers can be found if people are willing to dig through all the exposition/connecting dots. Time to browse some more forums for details.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I just finished the story mode.

WTF AT THAT ENDING.

So Rachel saw all of this coming already? Repetitions were mentioned. And that epilogue, I'm pretty sure what Hibiki mentioned about wielders of ars magus popping up/remaining people from the seithrization is alluding to new characters in the next game. And Rachel herself being a Chrono Phantasma like Celica. So she's essentially asking Tsubaki to make Ragna a Chrono Phantasma as well by killing him with the Izayoi?

The story contains a lot of questions but I think a lot of the answers or at least partial answers can be found if people are willing to dig through all the exposition/connecting dots. Time to browse some more forums for details.
No she's saying if Ragna really has gone ape shit to straight up kill him, and if she does kill him to kill Rachel too because Rachel WILL NOT let Ragna die.

No she's saying if Ragna really has gone ape shit to straight up kill him, and if she does kill him to kill Rachel too because Rachel WILL NOT let Ragna die.

Just finished the story mode today myself,
I thought she was saying that if Tsubaki fails to kill Ragna and remove him from the loop before he dies his natural death then to kill her because their fates are tied and that would be the only way to successfully "remove him from his fate" ... or something.

Oh well, unlocked Kagura and he's pretty great.

cj_iwakura

It's kind of find slumming it with a low level character. I was having more fun with new players than I was with the 300+ match players with Tsubaki.
I have physical on Vita and it takes, like, 20 seconds, if that.

cj_iwakura

Sheesh... that didn't resolve much of anything. Could've been a great finale if they hadn't had to take on all that extra nonsense.

Final battle was wonderful, though. Finally a GG-tier boss in BB.

Uh, how do people know Jubei is dead? That confirmed nothing, but DAMN Nine sounded badass.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sheesh... that didn't resolve much of anything. Could've been a great finale if they hadn't had to take on all that extra nonsense.

Final battle was wonderful, though. Finally a GG-tier boss in BB.

Uh, how do people know Jubei is dead? That confirmed nothing, but DAMN Nine sounded badass.

You really think Nine let Jubei live before she returned? Also Time for you to go play Xblaze now :p

cj_iwakura

You really think Nine let Jubei live before she returned? Also Time for you to go play Xblaze now :p

You really think Jubei would go out that easily? It'll take more than that.

But damn was that a badass CG, and Nine's voice, brr. Why would she willingly hurt Jubei?

My theory is that the source of her hatred isn't Terumi, but the Six Heroes. I can only speculate, but I think she has a grudge to bear. Just look at how she reacted to Hakumen and Platinum at the end of the SH story.

Also, what was Taokaka doing the whole time, just eating lunch?

And the ending of S7, what did Relius 'teach' Valkenhayn? What was up with Arakune?

Too many dangling threads.

There's no confirmed dead, though. Hell, I thought Jin was dead. The only serious possibility is Terumi and maybe Hazama and Platinum/Trinity.

Well if you count the number of characters that are MIA at least there's

Terumi
Hazama
Platinum
Hakumen
Azrael

I don't know what the BB's team is doing regarding the next Blazblue. Mori said he wants to bring BB to next gen so it makes sense to me that they would develop the next game with their new tech but who knows.

cj_iwakura

Well if you count the number of characters that are MIA at least there's

Terumi
Hazama
Platinum
Hakumen
Azrael

I don't know what the BB's team is doing regarding the next Blazblue. Mori said he wants to bring BB to next gen so it makes sense to me that they would develop the next game with their new tech but who knows.

I hope it's at least cross-gen. Glad the series finally picked up serious competitive steam thanks to that Evo. Hopefully it sticks around the tournament scene now.

And the three new characters especially felt pointless in the story. Azrael in particular was wasted.

cj_iwakura

tumblr_n9e1t0AtXg1skns5ho1_500.jpg

And the three new characters especially felt pointless in the story. Azrael in particular was wasted.

I think this is what frustrates me the most. The three new characters genuinely feel like additional padding to a story that was already reaching the limits on how convoluted you could make a single arc. Especially when you look at how much focus Celica, Jubei, and
Nine
had on the overall story in comparison.

But then frankly I think Makoto is pretty damn useless herself with her only role being "Tsubaki Friend #2"

Oh well, at least we got Kagura. The main character we deserve.

I don't know what changed, but I took another shot at Izayoi's challenges yesterday and I went from being unable to do even the simple combos to knocking them down one after another. Unfortunately I think my stick might be broken cause down-left never seems to register unless I ride the gate.

Top Bottom