• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Fugu

_dementia said:
I'm inclined to think it's a single-player focused experience or spinoff or some such because they make no mention of Arcade.
Ugh, secret
undesirable
option number three...

_dementia said:
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
Looking forward to that western CS2 portable release. Might be a fun diversion while I wait for the main course.
Weren't those confirmed back in January?

I don't care about the travel size, give me a date for the console release!

GrayFoxPL

I just got the game. First day.
Never been into the series, I wanted to, I've read hundreds of posts, watched tons of videos, but I've never found anything about it that grabbed me. But I've found it cheap now so I thought it would be a waste not to check it out.

First impression: Wow! Did I just buy a fighting game or a new operating system? Bazillion options and settings. "Little" overwhelming at first. lol

I've some time in the tutorial to get a feel of the basics. Way innovative insulting instructor!

Then I picked Noel and went through arcade mode blazing until I got to the fight with Hazama. What a dick. I've spent like 45 minutes trying to beat him, it felt like all other characters had difficulty 2 and he got 10! ;) Eventually I won.

Went online totally intimidated, not expecting anything other than ass whooping. I went to player matches but couldn't get into one. "Shit, I gotta play ranked? Noooo!"
So I had no choice. Got into a match quite quick and...won? I...won?! Baaah! No way!
So I kept going with my snow white Noel shocked that I'm actually winning the matches. I went against Takaoka player, looked ad his overdetailed player card - 280 matches. Mine - 7. Great matchup! Time to learn through pain. Fight started and I'm getting bounced from sides of the screen like ball in pong. Cat Lady's flying everywhere like crazy and rushing me down. I got a grip and started fighting back, she tried to get me in some corner trap, but remembering the basics(getting fucked? Barrier burst!) I got out and eventually overwhelmed my opponent, beautiful counter super to her super sealed the deal. Wow what a rush!
I lost to all Tager players. I'm cornering the guy, draining his health to zero then...SPD and another one and I'm dead. Aww. Lol. Hakumen player also slashed me in oldschool Samsho style - respect.
First day - feels really good. I'm fg player all my life, that doesn't mean I'm owning ppl left and right. I guess it's those mechanical now reactions, instincts that let me adopt and adjust that got me out of tight spots and let me turn the fights around. I mean lambda - getting jabbed to death by swords at other end of the screen isn't fun. So I barrier and try some kof action - dash-jump. I got in and it was over.

So yeah, really fun. I'm really happy about the game. The netcode is as good as legends say, only had one laggy match on 10. Presentation is slick and amount of content is overwhelming. Arc put the bar really high here.

Btw. Are English voices are a "No-no."? Everyone I played online had Japanese. I think English ones are hilarious: "I don't like being called stupid, especially by a moron like you!"

I love that they're situational and also character specific.

Noob question: how to get unlimited chars? Arcade or Story mode?

GrayFoxPL said:
I just got the game. First day.

I don't have it yet, but I just picked it up from the Aksys Japan Relief sale and hopefully it will get here soon. Having 100% of proceeds go to charity and looking at all the 2D art in the "post your favorite 2D fighting game backgrounds" thread was just too much to overcome. Plus I'm going to keep up with MvC3 a bit, but I'm not really feeling that game so much, so I'll have some time to slide this into the mix, locally with friends at least.

Now I just need to find the character with the best damage possible off of lower execution skills. I've never had much time for training modes so I've always gravitated to these types of characters (think Honda over C. Viper or Hulk over Felicia). I'll dig around on IPlayWinner and see if anyone happens to tickle my fancy.

GrayFoxPL

Prototype-03 said:
Enjoy the game! See you when CS2 gets released.

Thanks! Any info on console release? I'm just getting into the loop.

_dementia said:
Unlimited characters are unlocked by clearing the survival mode.

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't guessed survival.

TheFightingFish said:
I don't have it yet, but I just picked it up from the Aksys Japan Relief sale and hopefully it will get here soon. Having 100% of proceeds go to charity and looking at all the 2D art in the "post your favorite 2D fighting game backgrounds" thread was just too much to overcome. Plus I'm going to keep up with MvC3 a bit, but I'm not really feeling that game so much, so I'll have some time to slide this into the mix, locally with friends at least.

Now I just need to find the character with the best damage possible off of lower execution skills. I've never had much time for training modes so I've always gravitated to these types of characters (think Honda over C. Viper or Hulk over Felicia). I'll dig around on IPlayWinner and see if anyone happens to tickle my fancy.

Varied characters here, I'm sure you'll find someone. I'm sticking with Noel, first choice always the best.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I play English, a few of the Japanese voices make me want to stab knives into my ears. *Noel/Litchi/Makoto mostly*

Enjoy the game it's fun as hell, CS2 will be amazing once the patch lands.

TheFightingFish said:

See also: Tager, Hakumen

The Take Out Bandit said:
See also: Tager, Hakumen

Heh, I guess my sniffing skills are pretty on point. I'd just been browsing IPlayWinner character sheets and written down Tager, Hakuman and Lambda as possible first characters to try. With your confirmation I think that I'll give Hakumen a shot first, followed by Tager if I'm not loving my first choice.

TheFightingFish said:
Heh, I guess my sniffing skills are pretty on point. I'd just been browsing IPlayWinner character sheets and written down Tager, Hakuman and Lambda as possible first characters to try. With your confirmation I think that I'll give Hakumen a shot first, followed by Tager if I'm not loving my first choice.

Lambda's one of the hardest characters to use (execution-wise).

Dreavus

CS2 needs to hurry up and come out on consoles.

Not that Marvel 3 isn't fun but... I really like BB :)

EDIT:
grayfoxPL said:
Btw. Are English voices are a "No-no."? Everyone I played online had Japanese. I think English ones are hilarious: "I don't like being called stupid, especially by a moron like you!"

I like a majority of the English voices over the Japanese ones, EXCEPT that Jin's English one makes me want to kill myself... and he's one of my main characters. Game needs separate voice options for each character so badly.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
GrayFoxPL said:
Went online totally intimidated, not expecting anything other than ass whooping. I went to player matches but couldn't get into one. "Shit, I gotta play ranked? Noooo!"
So I had no choice. Got into a match quite quick and...won? I...won?! Baaah! No way!
So I kept going with my snow white Noel shocked that I'm actually winning the matches. I went against Takaoka player, looked ad his overdetailed player card - 280 matches. Mine - 7. Great matchup! Time to learn through pain. Fight started and I'm getting bounced from sides of the screen like ball in pong. Cat Lady's flying everywhere like crazy and rushing me down. I got a grip and started fighting back, she tried to get me in some corner trap, but remembering the basics(getting fucked? Barrier burst!) I got out and eventually overwhelmed my opponent, beautiful counter super to her super sealed the deal. Wow what a rush!
I lost to all Tager players. I'm cornering the guy, draining his health to zero then...SPD and another one and I'm dead. Aww. Lol. Hakumen player also slashed me in oldschool Samsho style - respect.

Noel worst match up are against Tager, ragnar, and Hakumen. Tager's slash attack counter all Noel's C and D attack, and free throw after blocking any D attack. Hakumen got a free counter after he block one of you D attack, if you stop your D chain, you will stuck in long recovery, continue and he will j.D to counter everything you do. Ragnar is just too crazy for Noel to handle.

To fight against Tager, try using only A and B attack, only use C and D when your punishing Tager. You also need to learn his wake up game, when you got knock down, try be unpredictable when you recover, sometime it is worth getting hit on the ground a few time than standing back up and got 360 by him.

Tip: Counter hit B can link to 3C, which can start a big combo.
When you doing tick throw, try do 2D instead of throw, your opponent will try to counter throw by BC, and your 2D will get a counter hit (since 2D is on air he can't throw you). This adds alot to your tick throw game.
4D is awesome anti air, it only has upper body invincibility, so it is not that good against ground attack.

Hakumen and Ragnar just sick, only way to win is luck and good mind game. They need 3 combo to finish you off, and you will need 5. All their attacks are also faster and had better priority than Noel, I usually just pressure and bait for mistake.

WHERE IS MY CS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111 Platinum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fugu

kiunchbb said:
Noel worst match up are against Tager, ragnar, and Hakumen. Tager's slash attack counter all Noel's C and D attack, and free throw after blocking any D attack. Hakumen got a free counter after he block one of you D attack, if you stop your D chain, you will stuck in long recovery, continue and he will j.D to counter everything you do. Ragnar is just too crazy for Noel to handle.

To fight against Tager, try using only A and B attack, only use C and D when your punishing Tager. You also need to learn his wake up game, when you got knock down, try be unpredictable when you recover, sometime it is worth getting hit on the ground a few time than standing back up and got 360 by him.

Tip: Counter hit B can link to 3C, which can start a big combo.
When you doing tick throw, try do 2D instead of throw, your opponent will try to counter throw by BC, and your 2D will get a counter hit (since 2D is on air he can't throw you). This adds alot to your tick throw game.
4D is awesome anti air, it only has upper body invincibility, so it is not that good against ground attack.

Hakumen and Ragnar just sick, only way to win is luck and good mind game. They need 3 combo to finish you off, and you will need 5. All their attacks are also faster and had better priority than Noel, I usually just pressure and bait for mistake.

WHERE IS MY CS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111 Platinum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No way is Noel's worst matchup Tager. Noel has such an extensive arsenal of bad matchups that Tager has got to be fairly low on the list.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Fugu said:
No way is Noel's worst matchup Tager. Noel has such an extensive arsenal of bad matchups that Tager has got to be fairly low on the list.

Tager is the only dude that has one easy answer for Noel D spam, CS Noel is all about DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. She is pretty low in the tier list, but her D attack has answer for everything. 5D full body invincibility counter everything, 2D to counter low and throw, 4D anti air, mixing up 214D/236D/4D for ending blocked D string, when if you guessed wrong rapid out of it.

Corner throw link to 5.5k combo, counter 5D, 2D to 4.6k, 6C drive to corner + 4.2k. All those combo end you with 45 energy so she never has to save any meter, all those combo can also end with super for 400 extra damage.

Noel actually pretty good against most of the cast, its just dam Tagar can 360 out of everything she does, and Haku can J.D LOL everything. Ragnar 5B, 5C last too long for Noel to counter. Bang is OP against everyone anyway. The rest of the cast are pretty fair game. May be Tsubaki has a chance, cause I can't stop laughing fighting against her.

Fugu said:

Not worst but it's pretty bad. She was never good against Tager, even in CT.

Apparently Aksys is guaranteeing a $5000 prize pot for BBCS at that upcoming ReveLAtions tourney. Nice to see some official support for community events.

Fugu

kiunchbb said:
Tager is the only dude that has one easy answer for Noel D spam, CS Noel is all about DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. She is pretty low in the tier list, but her D attack has answer for everything. 5D full body invincibility counter everything, 2D to counter low and throw, 4D anti air, mixing up 214D/236D/4D for ending blocked D string, when if you guessed wrong rapid out of it.

Corner throw link to 5.5k combo, counter 5D, 2D to 4.6k, 6C drive to corner + 4.2k. All those combo end you with 45 energy so she never has to save any meter, all those combo can also end with super for 400 extra damage.

Noel actually pretty good against most of the cast, its just dam Tagar can 360 out of everything she does, and Haku can J.D LOL everything. Ragnar 5B, 5C last too long for Noel to counter. Bang is OP against everyone anyway. The rest of the cast are pretty fair game. May be Tsubaki has a chance, cause I can't stop laughing fighting against her.
I've never had real problems against Noel as a result of the matchup (there are players better than me that play Noel, but that's neither here nor there) because Litchi can block and punish virtually every opener she's got (4D antiair in particular is hilariously useless against her), but I mean c'mon; you telling me that Carl and Hazama give you less trouble than Tager?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Fugu said:
I've never had real problems against Noel as a result of the matchup (there are players better than me that play Noel, but that's neither here nor there) because Litchi can block and punish virtually every opener she's got (4D antiair in particular is hilariously useless against her), but I mean c'mon; you telling me that Carl and Hazama give you less trouble than Tager?

Carl is not that hard of match up for me unless their skill are way pass mine, thanks to Noel's fireball, the doll's animation will alway cancel when Carl block or got hit by it. So this is one of the few matches up where Noel has to keep her distant away. The rest is just find a opening hoping to rush Carl down, but I only know 2 good Carl players... and not that many of them in PSN.

Hazama alway end their block chain with that overhead/low/charge attack, which is just a 50/50 guess game between them. Whoever guessed correctly will get a 50% bar, 4k+ combo. The rest are depend on how good Noel is baiting Hazama's DD, usually 5D and 4D will trade with his DD, Noel will take damage, but at least Hazama won't be able to combo after it. It is annoying, depend too much on luck and mind game, but he isn't hard for Noel.

The reason Tager is a harder match up is because Noel cannot use any of her C and D moves against him, since all of her C and D moves are projectile. It is like Lambda vs Tager, the only difference is Lambda can throw her move at far range but Noel has to get inside his 360 range. Unless the player is god at linking CH 5B to 3C, she has no combo starter against him. Noel A and B moves are too slow and completely useless against Tager's normal. A and B moves also prorate too much, so Noel need 10 combo to kill Tager, but Tager only need to land 1 720 plus a few pokes.

4D can antiair Litchi, she just have to do it at the very last second since 4D only give invincibility at the first few frame. Litchi could use her OP range to clash with 4D, but Noel drive will stop if it clash.
-------------

We should just play and test it out! Anyone feel like having a GAF game tonight? May be after 7 PST?

The Take Out Bandit said:
So where's the flood of new players thanks to the AkSys sale? I received my games yesterday.

I'm thinking about buying CS today actually. However, I don't know if I should just wait for CS2 or not. Is it confirmed to be a patched update?

h3ro

QisTopTier said:
Oh I know the sale reason, but that's dumb :D
Not really it's a good cause.
Everyone should of bought the game ages ago.

I picked up at launch and now got a second copy. :)

conman

QisTopTier said:
Why the fuck are people buying CS now?
Um, because it's a good game?

I just picked up a copy last week. Still plenty of people online. Easily found for ~$20. And with this sale, there's really no reason not to buy it. So where's the problem?

DryEyeRelief said:
I'm thinking about buying CS today actually. However, I don't know if I should just wait for CS2 or not. Is it confirmed to be a patched update?

Everything thus far has stated CS2 is just going to be a patch to bring console release up to arcade speed as CS2 is naught but bringing arcade release up to console speed and some additional balances and tweaks.

QisTopTier said:
Why the fuck are people buying CS now?

Because awesome games stay awesome. They're just arriving a little late to the awesome!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
conman said:
Um, because it's a good game?

I just picked up a copy last week. Still plenty of people online. Easily found for ~$20. And with this sale, there's really no reason not to buy it. So where's the problem?

The problem is you are half a year late to the party!

:D

conman

Fugu said:
What a bleak thing to say.
If it weren't true, I'd agree with you. But damn, I seriously stink.

Worst part about jumping into a fighting game this late is that everyone online clobbers the bejesus out of me. I did fine with CT, but it's been a while and I've gotten rusty.

V-Gief

I just bought this as well. Wanted to branch out from the SF games and try something completely different for a change. Played with a friend that played lots of GG back in the days but hasn't played BB yet. I got schooled. Badly. Really brutal wakeup call haha. Tons of fun so far though even though I have to learn everything from scratch.

ApolloJoh

Lol this game. Marvel has made me so bad at this. I've developed some bad habits like trying to pushblock when I'm in a block string, haha. I still remember how to do some of the combos but yeah, I'd need to get used to BB again to do them consistently.

The only saving grace is that the characters I play will be different in CS2 so it's like I'm playing a new game, sorta.

ApolloJoh said:
Lol this game. Marvel has made me so bad at this. I've developed some bad habits like trying to pushblock when I'm in a block string, haha. I still remember how to do some of the combos but yeah, I'd need to get used to BB again to do them consistently.

The only saving grace is that the characters I play will be different in CS2 so it's like I'm playing a new game, sorta.

My habits are reversed. I try to burst and I X-Factor instead.

Top Bottom