• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Prototype-03 said:
Ferrio: Reading guides like no other since Lettuce.

RAt1q.jpg
I miss GG :(

No I-No . . . no Platinum . . . life sucks.

Apparently the store is coming back "today" on Japan time. I don't believe it, and there will in all likelihood not be Platinum up when it does, so I don't care.

ApolloJoh

Master Milk said:
Apparently the store is coming back "today" on Japan time. I don't believe it, and there will in all likelihood not be Platinum up when it does, so I don't care.

Surprise, surpise! Go look.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow plat is pretty crappy.

edit: Like reallly really bad sucks. Oh god. Respect to anyone that can win consistently with her.

kiryogi

Banned
She's pretty easy to use... but those delays and having deal with the randomness of her drive. That said though, she's fucking cute as hell.

alstein

Ferrio said:

edit: Like reallly really bad sucks. Oh god. Respect to anyone that can win consistently with her.

It takes time for folks to get used to a new character, and BBCS2 seems reasonably well-balanced now, unless CT or the 1st CS.

Ferrio said:

I told you she's the new CT Bang. New secret top tier... all about resets and setups and below average damage output. Way to listen to me.

_dementia said:
Aparently they're all 560 MSP on XBLM ($7). Has Arc ever explained the price discrepancy?
I don't think so.

The only thing I've heard about that is some people thinking Live having the subscription is the reason. Aren't all the Live prices a little cheaper? Though, that doesn't really make sense because Arc isn't getting anything from the sub, but it could be a goodwill gesture I suppose.

I can't decide what color Platinum I want to use.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I told you she's the new CT Bang. New secret top tier... all about resets and setups and below average damage output. Way to listen to me.

I don't believe about the resets and setups. The bubble? that trick kinda gets old quick I'd think. Tried playing quite a few games against that korean guy I've been playing. Also how can she be the new Bang? I hear Bang is the new Bang.

-Where is her reversal, there is none! FUCK
-No good mixups! Her overhead is SLOOOW, and you gotta link outta it. Crap!
-Shitty damage outside corner, okay damage in corner... nothing great unless you have a specific item.
-All her moves are unsafe.

Then to top it all off she has that random aspect, which isn't a bad thing.. if it weren't for the above stuff!

I'll keep trying her a bit more, see if I can do anything... but man what an uphill battle.

ApolloJoh

Isn't that bat thing her reversal?

Besides, not like people in Japan became godlike with her (or for any character) in like 6 hours when CS2 came out. Give her some time.

Ferrio

Banned
ApolloJoh said:
Isn't that bat thing her reversal?

Besides, not like people in Japan became godlike with her (or for any character) in like 6 hours when CS2 came out. Give her some time.

Ya it is.... gotta have the damn thing in your hands though.

And ya I know, just it's going to be a uphill battle heh.

Fugu

She's going to be difficult to learn. She has too many options not to be. You also need to be able to adapt on the fly to a degree greater than any other character due to the RNG.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
I don't believe about the resets and setups. The bubble? that trick kinda gets old quick I'd think. Tried playing quite a few games against that korean guy I've been playing. Also how can she be the new Bang? I hear Bang is the new Bang.

-Where is her reversal, there is none! FUCK
-No good mixups! Her overhead is SLOOOW, and you gotta link outta it. Crap!
-Shitty damage outside corner, okay damage in corner... nothing great unless you have a specific item.
-All her moves are unsafe.

Then to top it all off she has that random aspect, which isn't a bad thing.. if it weren't for the above stuff!

I'll keep trying her a bit more, see if I can do anything... but man what an uphill battle.

And she's A rank HOLY SHIT ^_~

Ferrio

Banned
Think the most damage I got outta her was from cat hammer. Everytime I managed to get them in the corner for a decent combo, they'd burst :(.

_dementia said:
Alright guys before I drop $8 does Platinum ever say "uguu~"?

If that's all it takes to make you buy the character, you might want to take a step back and ponder why you play fighting games.

edit: I like lolis

xero273

Prototype-03 said:
If that's all it takes to make you buy the character, you might want to take a step back and ponder why you play fighting games.

edit: I like lolis

avatar quote..... doh wrong avatar

Fugu

Anyone wanna play BLAZBLO- what the hell is going on in here?

But seriously, Apollo, myself, and some stranger are playing right now if anyone wants to join in.

Giolon

Been a big fan of the console games, and I even loved the original BBCT on PSP. I picked up CS2 for my 3DS today and I have to say - I'm disappointed. Even compared to the prior PSP version, the sprites are tiny, most of the graphics are blurry like they've been poorly resized, some to the point of being unreadable, the 3D-effect doesn't add much, and the analog stick doesn't work.

Next to SSF4 3D and DOAD, this release just doesn't hold up on the 3DS. Maybe the PSP version fares better.

ApolloJoh

Fugu said:
Anyone wanna play BLAZBLO- what the hell is going on in here?

But seriously, Apollo, myself, and some stranger are playing right now if anyone wants to join in.

That Tager had some pro purple grab setups, lol.

Platinum is so fun to use. I should really make a more serious effort at learning this game. I can't even handle fighting the computer at the moment.

Fugu

ApolloJoh said:
That Tager had some pro purple grab setups, lol.
My ABSOLUTE favorite BnB is purple grab [some shit I don't know Tager's inputs he yells a lot] jump purple grab. Oh and also empty jump 720 tech chase 720.

I accidentally had a non-friend slot open. That's what happens. The Taokaka player was a similar fan of purple grabs, too. I don't know what it is.

Fugu said:
My ABSOLUTE favorite BnB is purple grab [some shit I don't know Tager's inputs he yells a lot] jump purple grab. Oh and also empty jump 720 tech chase 720.

I accidentally had a non-friend slot open. That's what happens. The Taokaka player was a similar fan of purple grabs, too. I don't know what it is.

Purple grabs are pro. My job is done when I purple grab and the opponent is mashing and can't throw break.

Fugu said:
~All that Litchi Matchup Knowledge~

I know I didn't say anything before but I really appreciated you going through and detailing the matchup for me. It was a huge help, and honestly I can't tell you how the "Don't use Sparkbolt in a combo unless it kills" comment uh really ... changed my game. It's one of those "OH DUH THAT MAKES SENSE" moments for me that totally helped.

Ferrio said:
Swore I hear it. Don't know exactly when, but kept hearing it as I practiced my combos.

HOMERUN DESU
I actively ignore as much of the game's sound as I can, but after listening for it, maybe it's her backward jump? I've never heard an uguu sound before, so I don't really know what to listen for.

Ferrio

Banned
Master Milk said:
I actively ignore as much of the game's sound as I can, but after listening for it, maybe it's her backward jump? I've never heard an uguu sound before, so I don't really know what to listen for.

Not a jump, I'll figure out what it's coming from today... and then you guys can decide if it's an uguuu.

Ferrio

Banned
Master Milk said:
Well if that isn't the cutest thing in the whole entire world . . . I can see how it could be annoying though.

Why is no one online?

Tonight I will be (10pm pacific at least), just got a laptop in.. need to do lots of crap to it. Much play will happen then, need to try and get plat's corner combo down... bah. Hopefully against people that aren't as good either heh.

Ferrio said:
Tonight I will be (10pm pacific at least), just got a laptop in.. need to do lots of crap to it. Much play will happen then, need to try and get plat's corner combo down... bah. Hopefully against people that aren't as good either heh.
Sorry I was just in the room chilling. Ace invited me to play with him and his cousin and I've been getting my butt kicked by his cousin this whole time.

Top Bottom