• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

went 16/8 with ace's cousin
i lost to his hakumen at least three times in a row
we were playin 3/5 so that's way too many to me
especially considering we seemed about even in skill

is anyone that isn't good up that wants to play?

Fugu

Not BlazBlue but Arcana Heart may just be the most entertaining game I've ever played. In a combo? Cancel it. Already used your cancel? Use your other cancel. In blockstun? Cancel it. Got caught trying to cancel? Burst.

Fugu

Don't know why I'm surprised by this but I am.

I got my ass (relatively) kicked this weekend, by the way, so GAF better be ready to play.

I haven't been able to play for quite a while because of other things that I had to take care of. I had a dream that I was playing BB couple of nights ago. It was one of the best dreams I ever had.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
I haven't been able to play for quite a while because of other things that I had to take care of. I had a dream that I was playing BB couple of nights ago. It was one of the best dreams I ever had.
Was I in it?

Ferrio

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Was I in it?

Something tells me you wouldn't want to be in it....

Prototype-03 said:

platinum-trinity-blazblue-continuum-shift-picture.jpg

YOU SICK MAN

Prototype-03 said:

things you had to take care of huh?

d4XcN.jpg

xero273

hi guys, what's going o.....n....

walks back out......

sigh.... jpsn is never going to go back up so I can buy platinum.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Umm plat is in the upper spectrum of good characters, I suggest who is ever having trouble with her to just drop her if you cant get used to her after a week and move on. Her gameplay style obviously doesnt match what you are aiming for

Ferrio

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Umm plat is in the upper spectrum of good characters, I suggest who is ever having trouble with her to just drop her if you cant get used to her after a week and move on. Her gameplay style obviously doesnt match what you are aiming for

Mr troll.

Fugu

I don't think you can reasonably expect to make headway with a character like Platinum in as short of a time as a week. You're tasked with essentially having to learn how to cover all of your bases with whatever options the game has given you. This is prohibitive because with her slow-ass overhead and strange normals (what is with the command dash grab?) you sort of have to rely on the item (and the next item) that you're given to complete your playstyle. This is such a huge task that it doesn't really surprise me that she's not all that popular. Having said that, any decent Platinum player will do well on the basis of the unpredictability of the matchup alone. It's like learning six characters at once, and as a consequence it feels a little bit like playing against six characters at once.

...Except right now, playing against Platinum is sort of like playing against one bad character who is mashing what could easily be confused for the taunt button until they get the one item that they actually know how to use (usually bomb) at which point they play like a regular character again.

EDIT: Some of them know how to use bat too. Yeah, that's not really a contribution.

Ferrio

Banned
Fugu said:
I don't think you can reasonably expect to make headway with a character like Platinum in as short of a time as a week. You're tasked with essentially having to learn how to cover all of your bases with whatever options the game has given you. This is prohibitive because with her slow-ass overhead and strange normals (what is with the command dash grab?) you sort of have to rely on the item (and the next item) that you're given to complete your playstyle. This is such a huge task that it doesn't really surprise me that she's not all that popular. Having said that, any decent Platinum player will do well on the basis of the unpredictability of the matchup alone. It's like learning six characters at once, and as a consequence it feels a little bit like playing against six characters at once.

...Except right now, playing against Platinum is sort of like playing against one bad character who is mashing what could easily be confused for the taunt button until they get the one item that they actually know how to use (usually bomb) at which point they play like a regular character again.

EDIT: Some of them know how to use bat too. Yeah, that's not really a contribution.

What pisses me off is her over head is slow as hell AND you have to link out of it, which bites since if you're too close it's a waste.

Not having a reliable reversal really makes her a pain. She's considered low tier, ya doesn't make much sense at my play level, but she definitely lacking some things.

Thing is a lot of her items are pretty crap.
-Cat hammer is okay, but it's a one trick pony, can't really follow it up. Just gotta hope your opponent eats it.
-Hammer is nice ONLY in the corner.
-Pan is meh, you can start some bounce combos for minimal damage with it.
-Bat is fucking awesome.
-Bombs/missles are good since it gives her a way to actually get in. Also missles can set up some nice combos when powered up.

Her command grab I never use, again a one trick pony... can't follow it up unless you RC I believe.

Her super blows chunks too. Unless you do it really really early in a combo, your opponent will tech out of it. Not only that, if you manage to get all the hits it still has such a long recovery they recover before it's even done

I usually just save my meter for RCs to try to push them into the corner more, or recover from a 236B which is super unsafe.

Fugu

She's considered low tier inasmuch as about half of the cast is considered low tier. Nobody does well off of their overheads anymore without some kind of sacrifice.

Cat turns Platinum's air game around completely and forces a lot of characters to change how they approach her entirely. Hammer is scary to be on the other end of; it's an asset to treat like you would a full super meter: The threat of its existence needs to become a component of your game. Platinum has strange normals because she's so condusive to some frightening mind games. People will start winning matches with her on that principle alone, and what's great about that is it's equally effective at all levels of play.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
_dementia said:
I wonder what additions they're making contribute to the "plus"? Can anyone translate?

-Online play
-Non-shitty graphics
-Good sound quality

I would imagine. :p

Ferrio

Banned
Hazama vs Plat is infuriating. Got my ass kicked good. Went to look on some matches see how other plats dealt with him. Looks like how she deals with it is take it like a bitch.

edit: Also there's a civic ad in BlazBlue.... er? Have they always had ads?

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
Have solid bnb's with plat now. Now to learn block strings and mix up shit and I'm set for gold
Platinum mixups:

1. Use item
2. Switch item
3. Overhead rapid another overhead

_dementia said:
Apparently that Civic ad is in Arcana Hear 3 as well.
I don't think they know too much about their target audience.

Top Bottom