• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

V-Gief said:
Nice that the stream was archived, missed it live. So Satoshi is expected to win Revelations then? haha.

I watched the tail end of it and all I know is that I was getting mad watching that Mu play... Not enough Arrows of Heaven. Also got mad at those announcers calling Mu, "Moo."

Should watch the whole stream.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
I watched the tail end of it and all I know is that I was getting mad watching that Mu play... Not enough Arrows of Heaven. Also got mad at those announcers calling Mu, "Moo."

Should watch the whole stream.

Stream was really really boring overall. Best part was the people freaking out in chat about BB, and complaining about no MK9/SF4

Ferrio said:
Stream was really really boring overall. Best part was the people freaking out in chat about BB, and complaining about no MK9/SF4

I saw that too. Pretty sure 90% of those guys didn't even play BB and criticized it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Silly question: Is BB CS2 available in the PSN Store?

Master Milk said:
CS2 is a free patch. You'll need a physical copy of CS to update.
Gotcha, thanks bud.

FoxSpirit

Geez, I should really get on boat then. STill only have CT, but they ultra-nerf of my main Rachel killed my interest for CS. So free CS2 update means I'll finally get it :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FoxSpirit said:
Geez, I should really get on boat then. STill only have CT, but they ultra-nerf of my main Rachel killed my interest for CS. So free CS2 update means I'll finally get it :)
If you plan on playing her CT style you are still gonna suck :D

FoxSpirit said:

She's a lot more fun this time around. I think she has the fastest overhead in the game and has a great oki game. PLUS DAMAGE!

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
I saw that too. Pretty sure 90% of those guys didn't even play BB and criticized it.
This is basically every fighting game event. BB has a reputation similar to SSB:M. The fact is, many people base their belief on what is a viable, competitive fighter based on what they believe that the community has accepted as A viable, competitive fighter. Other than some GG players there aren't too many people with a legitimate bone to pick with BB and they're just bitching about it because they know they can get away with it.

The truth is that any game that people play competitively has the potential to have a competitive community around it and anything beyond that is just personal taste.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
This is basically every fighting game event. BB has a reputation similar to SSB:M. The fact is, many people base their belief on what is a viable, competitive fighter based on what they believe that the community has accepted as A viable, competitive fighter. Other than some GG players there aren't too many people with a legitimate bone to pick with BB and they're just bitching about it because they know they can get away with it.

The truth is that any game that people play competitively has the potential to have a competitive community around it and anything beyond that is just personal taste.
The best part was when they were bitching to get BB off and play MK already, then started crying when no one did fatalities *same people* LOLOL casuals

Fugu said:

I can honestly say that SSB:M is competetive because the glitches actually add to the depth of the game instead of making it worse (like the DHC glitch in MvC3, ugh). Otherwise, I'd join the crowd and say it's casual. I just don't get the people who would criticize a game without playing it, although I'll agree that yesterday's stream was pretty damn boring and the announcers blew chunks (who the hell calls Mu, "Moo").

There's a reason why I never talk about AH3, JoJo's, Darkstalkers, etc etc... and that's because I never played it. Some people need to just stfu about things they don't know about, but I guess it's easier to complain about the unknown than be quiet about it.

Prototype-03 said:
I can honestly say that SSB:M is competetive because the glitches actually add to the depth of the game instead of making it worse (like the DHC glitch in MvC3, ugh). Otherwise, I'd join the crowd and say it's casual. I just don't get the people who would criticize a game without playing it, although I'll agree that yesterday's stream was pretty damn boring and the announcers blew chunks (who the hell calls Mu, "Moo").

There's a reason why I never talk about AH3, JoJo's, Darkstalkers, etc etc... and that's because I never played it. Some people need to just stfu about things they don't know about but I guess it's easier to complain about the unknown than be quiet about it.

It's human nature and very easy to do so.

Ferrio

Banned
Speaking of other fighters, I wonder if they MK scene will start dying? I can't put my finger on it, but the game just seems too... limited? I don't know, you watch one set of matches... and well that looks like every other match. This happens with every other game out there too... but MK's systems make it seem like it got to that point so much quicker.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:

There's a reason why I never talk about AH3, JoJo's, Darkstalkers, etc etc... and that's because I never played it. Some people need to just stfu about things they don't know about, but I guess it's easier to complain about the unknown than be quiet about it.
Why would it be "casual"? The players playing it would have to be playing casually for it to be casual, and they're not. The fact is, any game -- regardless of merits -- with a competitively-inclined player base is a competitive game. Any definition that deviates from that runs the risk of trivializing the efforts of large groups of players ("Melee is casual"). Also, Melee's glitches aren't really exploitable; a lot of the things that players associate with Melee as being glitches aren't really glitches. L-cancelling was probably intentional because it was in 64, and wavedashing is just airdashing into the ground. The actual glitches, like the black hole glitch and the super wavedash, aren't really used in competitive play, so they're not really game changers.

Fugu said:
Why would it be "casual"? The players playing it would have to be playing casually for it to be casual, and they're not. The fact is, any game -- regardless of merits -- with a competitively-inclined player base is a competitive game. Any definition that deviates from that runs the risk of trivializing the efforts of large groups of players ("Melee is casual"). Also, Melee's glitches aren't really exploitable; a lot of the things that players associate with Melee as being glitches aren't really glitches. L-cancelling was probably intentional because it was in 64, and wavedashing is just airdashing into the ground. The actual glitches, like the black hole glitch and the super wavedash, aren't really used in competitive play, so they're not really game changers.

When you put it that way, yes you're right, it would be competitive. If that's the case, there's also no "casual" game because someone will play it competitively. Games like Wii Sports, which is classified as "casual" can be competitive as well. But you're definitely right, if there's a group for it, then it can definitely put into the competitive scene.

Ferrio

Banned
Hrm think I may of found a new Avatar.

Official Platinum Art
2we9ixi.jpg

I also hope Noel and Hazama choke on two bags of baby dicks.

Come back to life, and get life in prison for eating baby dicks. And then choke and die again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Master Milk said:
I also hope Noel and Hazama choke on two bags of baby dicks.

Come back to life, and get life in prison for eating baby dicks. And then choke and die again.
Well as long as one of them is alive at one point the other can't die. So your wish is kinda possible.

Ferrio

Banned
Nice landing the hammer combo last night Q. Don't think I've ever been in the corner with the damn hammer active (or even next up).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
Nice landing the hammer combo last night Q. Don't think I've ever been in the corner with the damn hammer active (or even next up).
Thanks, that was like my second time using her now, still getting used to speed of normals and such in a real fight.

QisTopTier said:
Thanks, that was like my second time using her now, still getting used to speed of normals and such in a real fight.

I still don't have combos :(

My overhead attempts were the best. blockstring blockstring, forward wind, jump to other side, get hit.

Pirabear

Banned
Prototype-03 said:

It's partially the streamer's fault too. More often than not, most big fighting game streams that stream BB have announcers that know nothing about the game and basically say misleading things. That, and there's the whole stigma of every game that is made in a Japan and not by Capcom is weeaboo/otaku garbage.

alstein

Is it just me, or does Hakumen have no answers for Mu or Lambda now outside of get lucky with a super counter? Is there a good way to get in on them now?

Ferrio

Banned
Master Milk said:
makato vs makoto
apparently this is just casuals though
but there were a good few matches that were makoto mirrors

Ah. Tsubaki yells "Makoto" when she does her dive attack against makoto. So you hear it yelled a lot, thought that's what you were referring to.

ApolloJoh

alstein said:
Is it just me, or does Hakumen have no answers for Mu or Lambda now outside of get lucky with a super counter? Is there a good way to get in on them now?

Haven't played many Lambdas but this can probably go for both, you'd probably want to use Kishuu (623A) every now and then if you see a hole in the distant pressure. IADing is a no-no since you'll get anti-air'd all day but if you do so, don't be attacking and barrier.

Using the Ds wisely always helps as well.

Fugu

alstein said:
He still has great air-to-air and the better frames on counter in general make it difficult for Lambda in particular to presure him.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
Good, there can only be one!
Feels bad, I do like 500% better with Mu now. D:

Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven Arrows of Heaven

I'm pro level now!

Maybe that's one reason why I feel so comfy with her, arrows of heaven is pretty similar to ky's charged stunedge now *at least the way I used it :p * Actually some of her stein set up stuff is simular to ky's cross stuff too.... Ehhhh what ever xD

Ferrio

Banned
Okay so being drunk beyond beingable to understand what's going on isn't good if you main platinum. I think I just played against two Ky's but I'm not sure, I kept getting frozen I rmember t hat. Got one in the corner then he burst, son of a biiiiitch. Dammit why aren't you guys on?

V-Gief

Ferrio said:
Okay so being drunk beyond beingable to understand what's going on isn't good if you main platinum. I think I just played against two Ky's but I'm not sure, I kept getting frozen I rmember t hat. Got one in the corner then he burst, son of a biiiiitch. Dammit why aren't you guys on?
Being that drunk doesn't do you any good at all when you play haha. Best part though is trying to remember to save the replays for later viewing. So many "wtf did I do that for?" moments. Quite amusing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

That is all

Ferrio said:

This is hilarious.

Ferrio

Banned
Ferrio said:

What the hell are you talking about?

Top Bottom