• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Fugu

My advice for beating Proto:
Tech purple grabs. 96. Tech next purple grab. Anti-air. If you get hit, be prepared to tech purple grab. If he's playing as Tsubaki, don't jump in. Hell, it's probably not a great idea against Rachel either.

My advice for beating Q:
Move to Canada where it's good and laggy. Seriously, I've never played a real match against him because the performance is always so poor.

My advice for beating Apollo:
Press buttons. Guy blocks like a wall but never punishes.

My advice for beating Fugu (damnit):
Walk up and anti-air. All problems can be solved by anti-air.

My advice for beating Proto:
Tech purple grabs. 96. Tech next purple grab. Anti-air. If you get hit, be prepared to tech purple grab. If he's playing as Tsubaki, don't jump in. Hell, it's probably not a great idea against Rachel either.

Purple grabs are the best taktiks

alstein

This is some shitty timing for the BB community.

There's not going to be any good timing this year- the FG market is glutted pretty hard, even if you disregard Capcom's stuff (which is very easy for me), you still have a ton of good games coming this year.

Fugu

There's not going to be any good timing this year- the FG market is glutted pretty hard, even if you disregard Capcom's stuff (which is very easy for me), you still have a ton of good games coming this year.
If they had done this a month later the timing would have been infinitely better for BB. They're hosting a tournament literally on launch day.

Fugu

To close out my CS2 career, I feel I have accomplished the holy grail of netplay: I managed to not only beat a player using unlimited characters with a regular character, but I ALSO got him to rage quit.

Fugu

Ragna, Tao (unlimited Tao is fucked), Hakumen. No surprises on any of those.

I'm playing right now if anyone wants to play for what is likely the last time.

xero273

ahhhh last weeeek of CS2... think I should get some before I start Extend this friday (i hope). So who's going to be ready on Friday?

Fugu

ahhhh last weeeek of CS2... think I should get some before I start Extend this friday (i hope). So who's going to be ready on Friday?

If mine gets there by then I will be. I'm going to be mostly playing training though, my character's been flipped upside-down (again. Again).

If mine gets there by then I will be. I'm going to be mostly playing training though, my character's been flipped upside-down (again. Again).

Most characters get changed a lot. I think the one who has been the most consistent on not changing AS much has been Tager.

Fugu

Most characters get changed a lot. I think the one who has been the most consistent on not changing AS much has been Tager.
What? Tager has probably changed the most. Gadget finger completely transformed his gameplay when it was introduced. 6A super armor completely transformed his gameplay when it was introduced. In CSEX, the changes to his charge speed and B sledge will probably completely transform his gameplay again (not to mention the changes to collider that are going to fuck up his combos quite a bit).

And yeah, a lot of characters change, but it's not the same for everyone. In this revision alone, Litchi is getting both her staff and her staffless BnBs changed (one j.B per jump, no bonus proration on Riichi A, no combos out of midscreen 4D). She is also getting new gatlings, as well as some old ones back. Her combo rate is also going down. Finally, and most significantly, daisharin can no longer be comboed out of if the last hit lands.

What other character do you know that has had literally no combo starters carry over from one revision to the next? In CSII, the change to Itsuu cancelling completely transformed basically everything she did, and the combos that didn't depend on it were affected by either the removal of kote cancelling on 4D or the allowance of emergency teching on j.C. CT to CSI is almost two different characters on account of the introduction of a staff into staffless overhead (4D) as well as the total shift in dynamics caused by weighting the damage towards staff combo openers over staffless and in granting Litchi the ability to change the staff set type without throwing it.

There are characters like Rachel and Lambda that have been tossed up more... violently, but Litchi is up there in terms of how much time it takes for players to transition between revisions. Do you remember when Litchi was projected as B at the beginning of CSII? How about when she was fourth last in CS1?

Fugu

Platinum is hard. You have to grapple with their character and yours because you don't know what options you'll have more or less until you get them.

Gaspode_T

Any basic tips for someone having hard time even finishing arcade mode of Vita version? (Extend)

Hazama is a jerk, so is the big red guy.

I tried Litchi and the main guy with sword so far (Bloodedge?), I have been through a few parts of the tutorial but the tutorial is super hard to perform some of the crazy combos on Vita...(yes, blame it on the machine not the man)

I have kind of figured out rapid cancel but I haven't been successful using it in real matches, I seem to be able to throw the computer AI quite easily so I'm starting to do that but it seems around Match 7 to 9 the AI ramps up because that's when I suddenly start to lose.

Fugu

Unlimited Hazama isn't as bad as he appears. For starters, stop jumping. Unless he is on the ground, it is not safe for you to jump. It won't really net you any advantage. Also, despite being a zoning character, he doesn't actually zone all that well, so don't be afraid to play from a distance.

If you are playing as Litchi (you should play as Litchi, by the way. She is the best and all other characters pale in comparison), you should use shishin/four winds (41236D with the staff down). A lot. It is great against unlimited Hazama -- particularly when he's on the ground -- because he has no defensive game and attacks aggressively. 6B[m] is also excellent against Hazama because it has a fuckton of reach. An easy combo you can do off of 6B[m] counter hit is 6B[m] dash 5B[m] j.B[m] j.c[m] dj.B[m] j.C[m]. If you don't know what any of that means, I can clear it up for you. The itsuu moves are also excellent against Hazama (41236D with the staff followed by A, B or C -- A is an anti-air, B hits in front of you, C hits diagonally and down) because they have long reach and do a lot of damage. They're also safe if he blocks them, so you can do more things afterwards should you so choose. If/when you get meter, throw the staff as close to him as you can get it and use kokushi/thirteen orphans. The computer's inability to block makes this basically free damage; while it's hitting them, feel free to wail on him as Litchi. Moves in the air are best. RC is very difficult to use as Litchi so don't bother. Finally, remember that you are playing against a computer -- if he gets close, don't hesitate to use Tsubame Gaeshi (623D with the staff). It beats every offensive option he has.

Tager is hilariously easy as Litchi. Jump backwards and use 6B[m] followed by 6C[m]. Don't throw the staff, don't be aggressive. Just create as much distance as you can (Litchi has a double backdash on the ground - Input it with 447) and jump over him if you have to. Once you've created enough space, throw out 6B[m] followed by 6C[m]. You don't even need to follow up those moves, but you can if you're feeling brave. You can delay the 6C[m] a little bit to punish a lot of options as well, although that's more applicable to playing against actual people than it is for playing against the computer.

Top Bottom