• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Fugu

Well, I'm calling it now. Unlimited MARS will ensure that no sane person will ever get the platinum trophy for this game.

Fugu

You know I didn't even try that.
Overall though, single-player is more fun than the last time around. Abyss mode is entertaining if only because it allows you to completely destroy the game's mechanics -- for example, you can give yourself a ton of bursts, or make all of your combos do ridiculous amounts of damage. There's this one called lucky punch, but I'm not really sure what it does...

They've also done... things to PSR. I'm playing a guy with 650 PSR right now. I have like 33 and I've never lost a game.

They've also done... things to PSR. I'm playing a guy with 650 PSR right now. I have like 33 and I've never lost a game.

I laughed way too hard at this. I heard they were supposed to be changing it. I would assume it's for the better, but uhhh.

Bout five weeks to go, can't wait.

sephi22

PSR is like PP in Capcom games. You win some after each win, and you lose a little after every loss. Goes up to at least 800, and you need 200 for the trophy. Also there's no personal character PSR cap like last time.

Apparently Hakumen is S tier in this game. Looks like Arc Sys wants my money. Platinumed the first two but really on the fence about this one

You know I didn't even try that.
Overall though, single-player is more fun than the last time around. Abyss mode is entertaining if only because it allows you to completely destroy the game's mechanics -- for example, you can give yourself a ton of bursts, or make all of your combos do ridiculous amounts of damage. There's this one called lucky punch, but I'm not really sure what it does...

is Abyss mode available online? If so, would be fun as hell just to mess around with.

V-Gief

Well, I'm calling it now. Unlimited MARS will ensure that no sane person will ever get the platinum trophy for this game.
Label me insane then! Mars mode is not where the annoyance lies for the plat though, Abyss mode is where it is at. RNG to the max(have to find and loot every item in the shop among other things...). Only have the online trophies left before I get the plat. But getting ranked games going is a bit of a pain in the ass at the moment :D Also, gg on the one game we got to play. Connection was 0 but it didn't feel super horrible haha.

is Abyss mode available online? If so, would be fun as hell just to mess around with.
No, it is not unfortunately :(

V-Gief

What are the default colors? Am I gonna be able to rock monochrome Plat from the start?
Looks like it might be a "DLC"(had to toggle the second color menu via start to be able to pick it)color which means you'll have to unlock it using the gallery which in turn means you either play enough multi to get enough points or you do some sp-stuff to get the points faster.

Fugu

What are the default colors? Am I gonna be able to rock monochrome Plat from the start?
If Litchi is any indication, the default colours are the non-DLC (first pallate) colours from CS1.

Abyss is not available online. Also, Berserk sucks major balls. I picked it and got my ass kicked having perfected basically every other level. You pretty much have to kill your opponent in the first twenty seconds.

PSR didn't have a cap in CS2; there were people in the 300s.

V-Gief

If Litchi is any indication, the default colours are the non-DLC (first pallate) colours from CS1.

Abyss is not available online. Also, Berserk sucks major balls. I picked it and got my ass kicked having perfected basically every other level. You pretty much have to kill your opponent in the first twenty seconds.

PSR didn't have a cap in CS2; there were people in the 300s.
Another drawback to Berserk is that once you do land something on the cpu, they die too fast. The depth ticker(without Maze Walker skill to make it go faster)just doesn't go fast enough to make it worth it haha.

V-Gief

So it's an unlock, huh?

Hmm, I guess I'm okay with that.
All the old BBCS dlc are unlocks now unlocked via earning P$ doing pretty much anything in the game and buying them from the gallery. Characters start unlocked.

EDIT: I think I have angered quite a lot of people from Japan tonight playing ranked games from Euroland haha... But I just want this ranked games trophy out of the way. Surprisingly, only one rage-quit so far when he noticed that it wasn't "offline-like" like he probably expected :D Quite a few leave at the matchup screen though when they see 0 bars. Completely understandable.

Fugu

So it's an unlock, huh?

Hmm, I guess I'm okay with that.
It's a really easy unlock, though. One run through arcade will give you enough points to unlock the skins for basically all of the characters. There might be a level requirement but it's not high.

EDIT: V-Gief, sorry for not responding, I leave my PS3 running idle a lot.

Another EDIT: For that matter, how do you do the team stuff? I've looked but I didn't find it.

V-Gief

It's a really easy unlock, though. One run through arcade will give you enough points to unlock the skins for basically all of the characters. There might be a level requirement but it's not high.

EDIT: V-Gief, sorry for not responding, I leave my PS3 running idle a lot.

Another EDIT: For that matter, how do you do the team stuff? I've looked but I didn't find it.
Don't worry, I figured it was idling or something like that :D I do it myself. As for the team stuff, it took me a while to figure out haha... not being able to read the manual and everything. Basically, you start a player match lobby with at least 3 slots(3 people minimum requirement), everybody joins up and then comes the confusing part. You have a weird <> - <> icon in the upper right corner of the UI, right? Move your cursor up to that level and press left/right. You'll get something along the lines of

x-x
x-x
x-x

and something like

x-x
x/

if you keep pressing right/left. They don't need much explanation. Straight lines means you need even amount of players, and team 1 p1 plays team 2 p1 and so on. The other one is kof/cvs2 style. Each player is worth one round and regains some health, but not all, if they win. Once you've selected what mode you want to play, EVERY PLAYER has to move the cursor to their name and press left/right and select either red or blue team(there is also a grey eye, which is spectator of course).

Hope that messy explanation explains some of it. Otherwise I'll capture and youtube it for you goddamnit! :)

Made a new PSN profile since it's a new year with a new game coming, and since my old one is retarded.

Decided to Plat the game, since it's the Year of Platinum and all.

Having to do the online trophies forces me to recognize just how much I suck at this game.

Platinum_Milk, add me.

Made a new PSN profile since it's a new year with a new game coming, and since my old one is retarded.

Decided to Plat the game, since it's the Year of Platinum and all.

Having to do the online trophies forces me to recognize just how much I suck at this game.

Platinum_Milk, add me.

Aww, this isn't as interesting. It took me about 3 months before I realized your old one was your name backwards.

edit: what is with you and milk?

I prefer something pronouncable to something interesting, honestly. xD I think people I give the name to do as well.

Milk is delicious and good for you, so . . . yea.

Fugu

lol

do you speak japanese?
Not a ton, but enough. Most of the written stuff in BB contains a fair amount of kanji above my head so it takes me awhile but I can do it.

I would not platinum this. No way. The single player stuff encourages such bad habits that I would be afraid of losing my ability to play.

Junk, basically.

They should add something people really want, like a Platinum figure smacking the crap outta Noel. I would totally buy one of those.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Aww XD; Though a Platinum figure would be cool ;D

The BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND LE links are up on Amazon now along with a picture :)

FBOkq.jpg

PS3 LE: http://li.brari.us/bbexps3

360 LE: http://li.brari.us/bbex360

Fugu

My current settings are Character Voices off, Background Music off, Sound Effects Maximum.
Character voices off seems silly. Considering some characters literally announce their overhead you're missing out on an opportunity to make the game easier for yourself.

Top Bottom