• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Fortunately, most of his attacks aren't one hit kills, but I've only gotten to his 3rd phase once, and I don't remember if his attacks were stronger or not. His first phase is easy to manage. When he takes his gun out, it gets ridiculously hard.

BTW, I forgot to spoiler his name in my post so you might want to add spoiler tags around his name since I edited it after you quoted it.
Noted. I can't give much advice much aside from the "generic learn his moves." But even then, he moves so fast in his third phase so I don't know how to say.

jorgejjvr

Does anyone else love the
Burial Blade
? That thing is incredibly quick and efficient when not transformed while still managing to be powerful, and in its transformed state it has unspeakable reach and power while still remaining relatively quick, not to mention you get health back around twice as fast when hitting enemies when compared to other weapons. And the charged R2 always manages to either send enemies flying or stagger them. I can't be the only one who loves it, right?

I got my hands on the game friday for a good deal. Pretty damn amazing game I killed the blood starved beast and I sent the woman to the Church.

I just saw that giant ass monster nope nope nope.

jb1234

Just started this and I'm enthralled, especially after finishing up 50 hours of Dark Souls 2 (which while a good game isn't on Bloodborne's level).

Is there a theory/explanation on who or what the 'little ones' actually are and why they worship the hunters? Are they fallen hunters themselves?

Currently playing through NG+ after taking a break and it just keeps giving. I'm doing a 'don't warp unless absolutely necessary' rule and it's giving me an even bigger appreciation of how fantastic the design and art is.

myco666

Pthumerian Labyrinth

You mean the first one? Then yeah there is only three layers. If you can't progress from the boss area it means you have finished the Chalice. Before removing it make sure you have checked everywhere to get enough materials for new Chalices.

Ugh, this game is kind of cheap at times. Just lost 20k souls for no reason. :/

You will get that amount back in no time don't worry. Wondering what is a cheap spot where you could lose your echoes?

You mean the first one? Then yeah there is only three layers. If you can't progress from the boss area it means you have finished the Chalice. Before removing it make sure you have checked everywhere to get enough materials for new Chalices.

You will get that amount back in no time don't worry. Wondering what is a cheap spot where you could lose your echoes?
It's less cheap now but:
I finally found a way up so guess it's not cheap anymore. I fell down the one ledge by the cathedral ward after you fight the two hunters and there's two big guys with axes. I killed everything but couldn't a way back up anywhere so I advanced and got instantly killed by the giant skeleton that just appears and crushes you.

myco666

It's less cheap now but:
I finally found a way up so guess it's not cheap anymore. I fell down the one ledge by the cathedral ward after you fight the two hunters and there's two big guys with axes. I killed everything but couldn't a way back up anywhere so I advanced and got instantly killed by the giant skeleton that just appears and crushes you.

Well that is something that will get you the first time. But you should be able to get the echoes back from there. Also there is a little tunnel that leads back out of the area that you apparently missed.

Well that is something that will get you the first time. But you should be able to get the echoes back from there. Also there is a little tunnel that leads back out of the area that you apparently missed.

Yeah, I finally found my way back but died and lost those souls. It would have been enough for all 3 levels at the time and I really wanted to save them but couldn't find a way back.

Fuck, I forgot I have that paper that lets you wake up again in hunter's dream without losing blood.... -__-

Finalow

wo, I didn't play this game for 3 months or so but now I'm back. here are my questions

from patch notes I see that co-op with passwords now works regardless of level, and pvp works with passwords too, damn. are some people here still hosting pvp matches or something? And what's more or less the level of the pvp active community right now?
is NOW co-op actually active in chalice dungeons? I played the game a lot in the first weeks and co-op was dead there. same for pvp, without password can you actually find people now? When I was doing only pvp I was getting maybe one match each 5-10 minutes, if I was lucky. and yes, it was in a level with the maiden still alive.

I'm itching to bring back my bloodtinge chara, is Evelyn/Cannon + marrow ash still a broken as fuck combo? I used to one-shot people with that lol.

also I'm only missing the Queen trophy for my platinum, with the new patch however I can invite anyone right? Even at max level. sucks though that all the chalice dungeons are unlocked on my chara with the worst build.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Does anyone else love the ? That thing is incredibly quick and efficient when not transformed while still managing to be powerful, and in its transformed state it has unspeakable reach and power while still remaining relatively quick, not to mention you get health back around twice as fast when hitting enemies when compared to other weapons. And the charged R2 always manages to either send enemies flying or stagger them. I can't be the only one who loves it, right?
Nope you aren't the only one, I love it.

Melchiah

He's way harder in NG. I fought him in NG++ and in NG on different characters, and in NG++ he still hits like a truck, but he dies much, much faster because your character is so strong by then (so I imagine it's similar in NG+, I wasn't that much stronger in NG++ than NG+ myself).
In NG I had only a +6 weapon too and did rather weak damage, had to rely on viscerals because normal hits or a combo would risk me being parried, it was way more dangerous, and his gun took off most of my health if I got hit. I died once or twice only in NG++, but repeatedly in NG.

Try him in NG some time, it's fun. :) One of the most challenging fights of the game.

I regret cheesing him on NG, as I don't think I want replay the game for a third time, and second time with a new character. I wish I had known there wasn't a risk of the quest failing if you died in the fight.

On a side note, it's a good thing I still have the save file from getting all the endings, as I can use it to play the DLC. And then replay it with my overleveled character. =)

tcrunch

xtLZxkD.gif

PB0ES2i.gif

pixxxelz

Does anyone else love the
Burial Blade
? That thing is incredibly quick and efficient when not transformed while still managing to be powerful, and in its transformed state it has unspeakable reach and power while still remaining relatively quick, not to mention you get health back around twice as fast when hitting enemies when compared to other weapons. And the charged R2 always manages to either send enemies flying or stagger them. I can't be the only one who loves it, right?
I love it too, BB and BoM are my two favorite weapons, I regret upgrading both of them though, not being able to use bolt/fire papers on the lower dungeons is not good, and those damn blood chunks are so hard to get..

You know, you really don't need a +7 Reitterpallasch in Forbidden Woods, but I have one.
Here's me fighting the Shadows of Yarnham
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQs3mXN9ObE
I'm deeply sorry for the 240p footage, stupid share function, I had no idea it recorded at a resolution that fucking low.
stats are:
level 61
Vit 22
end 16
str 10
skill 33
bloodtinge 21
arcane 9
This is my second character, not my NG+ character. Good it's not 240p anymore.

Robot Pants

Can you drop items in this game in co-op?
Cause I need two red jelly and I reasaaallllly don't want to go to the lower loran chalice.

Despera

Banned
Can you drop items in this game in co-op?
Cause I need two red jelly and I reasaaallllly don't want to go to the lower loran chalice.
No, unfortunately.

There are a couple of jellies in the lecture building, but for more you'll have to go through either lower loran or great isz chalice.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Been playing Witcher 3 for a while after Platinuming Bloodborne but goddamnit my mind just keeps wandering back to Bloodborne every 10 minutes or so I've spent playing Witcher 3.

This is not healthy....

Been playing Witcher 3 for a while after Platinuming Bloodborne but goddamnit my mind just keeps wandering back to Bloodborne every 10 minutes or so I've spent playing Witcher 3.

This is not healthy....
I know what you mean. I haven't beaten the Witcher 3 or Batman yet since I've started playing Bloodborne again. I've been helping a friend who is going for the plat and I just love this game.

Draper

I know what you mean. I haven't beaten the Witcher 3 it Batman yet since I've started playing Bloodborne again. I've been helping a friend who is going for the plat and I just love this game.

Same with you guys- can't manage to get back into The Witcher, but I keep jumping back into Bloodborne. I've already platinum'd it...I'm like level 162....what the hell am I doing?

Same with you guys- can't manage to get back into The Witcher, but I keep jumping back into Bloodborne. I've already platinum'd it...I'm like level 162....what the hell am I doing?
Ha-ha, I'm Level 175 and I platinum'd it back in April but it still pulls me back in. It's that kind of game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
My character is now at level 201 and I am seriously considering starting a new one and stops at 100 or maybe 150 so I can start helping/pvp-ing with/against more random people in the main game/chalice...............

Sakura

Hadn't played in 2 months. No idea what I was doing when I stopped playing or how far I am. Talk to the doll
and she says what's his face is waiting for me at the tree. So I'm like, ok, go talk to him. Says he will kill me so I can awake from the nightmare or whatever, I'm like nah that's ok, immediately turns into a boss fight.
No idea what I'm doing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hadn't played in 2 months. No idea what I was doing when I stopped playing or how far I am. Talk to the doll
and she says what's his face is waiting for me at the tree. So I'm like, ok, go talk to him. Says he will kill me so I can awake from the nightmare or whatever, I'm like nah that's ok, immediately turns into a boss fight.
No idea what I'm doing.

That's what you get from playing Fire Emblem If before you finished Bloodborne properly :p

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Good for you.

I created the some chalices which required red jelly to test coop without using gilphs

Just go to NG+. The way to opening up Lecture Building is very short, and after you open up Great Ihyll with it, they can be purchased just for 2 insights each at the Insight Shop.

Huh... I just figured out you can use the weapon transformation button with no weapons in your hands. I'm surprised From even bothered to make two movesets for fists.

Melchiah

This is not healthy....

I know what you mean. I haven't beaten the Witcher 3 or Batman yet since I've started playing Bloodborne again. I've been helping a friend who is going for the plat and I just love this game.

I'm in the same club. Platinumed it about a month ago, played Dragon Age DLC and Arkham Knight afterwards, and didn't care for their combat as much as I used to. Now I've returned to BB, and stand yet again aside the burning house at level 181.

Funnily enough, I've thought about playing Batman on easy, as I just find the group combat and Batmobile racing frustrating, and the difficulty level was never that much of a problem in BB.

Top Bottom