• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Doesn't NG+ cleric beast have a fuck ton of health with partners? I saw a video with 3 people wailing on him and he still didn't go down.

It does, but it's not too bad. Also it tends to be overestimated because it's really easy to get coop with people still in NG in that area.

Earlier bosses get a bigger boost than later ones, so that instead of bosses of increasing difficulty it is kind of even throughout all of NG+.

Melchiah

Just beat Shadow of Yharnam, Rom,
the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst (the last hunter
of Eileen's quest), Darkbeast Paarl, Djura, and BSB fair and square on NG+. SoY fellows went down surprisingly easy, but Rom was as hard and annoying as before. Regarding Djura,
it was nice to meet him on different terms by going to Old Yharnam via a backdoor entrance, and fight him fairly without an unexpected fall.
I cheesed the finale of Eileen's quest on the first time, because
I thought dying in the battle might lead to failing the quest, like it was with Henryk. Now I finally got to fight the hunter many have talked about, and I was surprised that it wasn't as hard as I was led to believe. I beat him on the first try, although I was close to abandon the battle after being hit with numbing mist.
Another surprise was BSB, who turned out to be harder for me than the one in Ailing Loran. Possibly because the space is more narrow, and you can run into the pillars when evading. It took me two tries, and both times I failed to escape the poisonous embrace. It was an intense battle with death breathing on my neck.

In case anyone's interested, here are videos of some of the battles:
Eileen's quest: https://youtu.be/rq3jzgOBvSU
Djura: https://youtu.be/4Rb2dbC8XzA
BSB: https://youtu.be/YAJWZ7qynV8

Seeing his stats just make me want to pump more points into strength on my NG+ character. I highly doubt I'm going to be doing much PVP any way so why not. Just watching that PS Underground footage makes me realize why I always cane the Watchdog. I never fought the Defiled version, but every time I fought the regular version I used the cane and won. Yosp loaded up a depth 5 short root chalice, Dafuq at the flaming Temple of Doom boulder!!!!

I just went couple of levels past 50 with skill. I was actually kinda surprised it gave an increase to ATK+DEF. I dunno if it's because of the gems I found in the later chalices, as I remember going past 50 didn't give any increase to those stats before.

Thanks guys, I don't know how long is going to be before I start doing the defiled dungeons though, I want to finish all the other ones first and so far I've only done hintertomb and pthumeru (the easiest ones:p)

Just checked, and the Ihyll chalice is still there. So apparently the host hasn't removed it, or set it private so far.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Repeating Pistol +10 is bananas, even when its equipped with a blood gem from the main game (+21.6% IIRC blood damage) that is far from the actual best blood gem. I don't even swing my weapon even once fighting and defeating Ailing Loran's Abhorrent Beast, just jumping back casually and shoot at him with it and bone marrow ash (with an extra visceral thrown in for good measure as well).

I am honestly really surprised how easy the Pistol make the fight becomes (as was also the case with Bloodletting Beast; that fight was a joke with the Pistol <3)

Repeating Pistol +10 is bananas, even when its equipped with a blood gem from the main game (+21.6% IIRC blood damage). I don't even swing my weapon even once fighting and defeating Ailing Loran's Abhorrent Beast, just jump back and shoot at him with it and bone marrow ash (with an extra visceral thrown in for good measure as well).

I am honestly really surprised how easy the Pistol make the fight becomes.

Yeah. With the right setup Bloodtinge becomes the new Soul Arrow.

klee123

Yeah got my Bloodtinge to 50 and Evelyn+10 kicks so much ass.

Add a bone marrow ash and depending on the boss on depth 4-5 chalice I can take out 1/4-1/2 of its life.

Arcane+50 also makes the tools really useful in the normal game. Not too useful in depth 4-5 of chalice dungeons though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Arcane+50 also makes the tools really useful in the normal game. Not too useful in depth 4-5 of chalice dungeons though.

It's not even comparable. Evelyn and Repeating Pistol just outdoes the damage of everything else in terms of range attacks except for Canon but the bullets per value damage just makes those two incomparable to everything else.

Well, Reiterpallasch's bullets actually outdamage Evelyn but they cannot be buffed by Bone Marrow Ash.

So I have Yahar'gul, Cainhurst, Nightmare Frontier, and Upper Cathedral Ward unlocked. Which area should I go to next? I'm level 57.

IMO: Area difficulty: Yahargul > Nightmare Frontier (if you are playing this blind and have no idea which is the "correct" path to take > Upper Cathedral = Cainhurst.

With your level, imo the bosses difficulty would be: Upper Cathedral 2nd boss >>> Nightmare Frontier = Cainhurst > Yahargul > Upper Cathedral 1st boss.

myco666

It's not even comparable. Evelyn and Repeating Pistol just outdoes the damage of everything else in terms of range attacks except for Canon but the bullets per value damage just makes those two incomparable to everything else.

Well, Reiterpallasch's bullets actually outdamage Evelyn but they cannot be buffed by Bone Marrow Ash.

I have actually managed to get around 2k damage out of Call Beyond so I would say it is comparable. It is hard to get that amount of damage though since most of the time all beams won't hit the target.

Arcane is primarily a melee/spraycan build anyway. The Hunter's Tools can still be really cheesy and stupidly safe like in previous souls games which is why they made them so do little damage.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I have actually managed to get around 2k damage out of Call Beyond so I would say it is comparable. It is hard to get that amount of damage though since most of the time all beams won't hit the target.

They cost 7 bullets though, and hard to direct, and extremely situational. Wayyyyy below the value of what Evelyn/Repeating Pistol can offer. Although yeah I guess it can be destructive against large enemies... but overall, nahh, still not comparable in terms of value.

Chances are you're not using bullets for anything else during bosses where Call From Beyond (or any other damage tool) can be useful because Arcane build doesn't use Evelyn/Repeating Pistol for damage.

myco666

They cost 7 bullets though, and hard to direct, and extremely situational. Wayyyyy below the value of what Evelyn/Repeating Pistol can offer. Although yeah I guess it can be destructive against large enemies... but overall, nahh, still not comparable in terms of value.

Well there is also executioner gloves and augur of ebrietas for smaller enemies and they hit much more easily. Also comparing BMA gun damage isn't fair considering how stupidly expensive it is compared to using only QS and Blood bullets. Guns are way more accurate and easier to use though so they are better that way.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well there is also executioner gloves and augur of ebrietas for smaller enemies and they hit much more easily. Also comparing BMA gun damage isn't fair considering how stupidly expensive it is compared to using only QS and Blood bullets. Guns are way more accurate and easier to use though so they are better that way.

Well I suppose that's true.

Although being in NG+ or even level 3 or up Chalice the Blood Echoes is not gonna be an issue, like I can accrue 100.000 worth of Echoes in like what, 1-2 minutes? And that's enough to buy 10 BMA and more....

Well anyways, I just love Repeating Pistol, more so than Evelyn, hehehe, especially since my end-goal is to pursue damage, which the RP is simply unmatched for in terms of overall value, imo. For general adventuring/parrying the Blunderbuss is still king!

myco666

Well I suppose that's true.

Although being in NG+ or even level 3 or up Chalice the Blood Echoes is not gonna be an issue, like I can accrue 100.000 worth of Echoes in like what, 1-2 minutes? And that's enough to buy 10 BMA and more....

Well anyways, I just love Repeating Pistol, more so than Evelyn, hehehe, especially since my end-goal is to pursue damage, which the RP is simply unmatched for in terms of overall value, imo. For general adventuring/parrying the Blunderbuss is still king!

Yeah in NG+ and beyond echoes aren't really a problem anymore. Doesn't Evelyn do equal damage or more with two shots than one RP shot? Also I agree Blunderbuss is easily best weapon for parrying.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah in NG+ and beyond echoes aren't really a problem anymore. Doesn't Evelyn do equal damage or more with two shots than one RP shot? Also I agree Blunderbuss is easily best weapon for parrying.

Without BMA Evelyn does more damage with 2 bullets shot one at a time than Repeating Pistol's immediate 2 bullets consumption. However for potential overall damage with BMA Repeating Pistol is still king.

Basically 10 BMA with 20 RP will do lots more damage than 10 BMA with 10 Evelyn + 10 regular shots.

RP is the better choice if maximizing damage is what you're after.

myco666

Without BMA Evelyn does more damage with 2 bullets shot one at a time than Repeating Pistol's immediate 2 bullets consumption. However for potential overall damage with BMA Repeating Pistol is still king.

Basically 10 BMA with 20 RP will do lots more damage than 10 BMA with 10 Evelyn + 10 regular shots.

Ahh didn't think that through haha. Going to upgrade RP for my Bloodtinge build then and test how great it is.

Melchiah

Never thought about it that way, and now I kinda regret maximizing Evelyn instead of that. I chose it because the bullet penalty is smaller for missing a target, which happens quite often. Oh well, it's a good gun as well.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Finished the game the other day. Got the ending where
I killed Gehrman and took his place.

As always with Souls games, I went to the wiki after the game ended because I had no idea what the hell I did in the game, and it turns out I missed a bunch of stuff.

Guess I'll go check that stuff out in NG+.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not played in awhile, being stuck on NG+ Amelia and it being 30c in the UK means I CBA to do much of anything right now. Once it cools down I want to get stuck back in and finish NG+ and then start the Chalice Dungeons. I want to be in good shape for the expansion. I still haven't tried co-op yet either which might be fun at some point.

Saint9806

What's the verdict on Blood Letting Beast? How hard is he considered compared to other bosses? I one shotted him yesterday and felt good about it. Then I realized that there is a Headless Bloodletting Beast later on in the Dungeons and thought maybe Bloodletting Beast is not considered that tough after all.

What's the verdict on Blood Letting Beast? How hard is he considered compared to other bosses? I one shotted him yesterday and felt good about it. Then I realized that there is a Headless Bloodletting Beast later on in the Dungeons and thought maybe Bloodletting Beast is not considered that tough after all.

The boss demand a complete use of evasions, positioning and learn to land secure hits outside that its a pretty intense battle

Melchiah

Just defeated
The One Reborn, Micolash and Mergo
on the first try on NG+. Feels good, man. The
Winter Lanterns
are still a pain in the ass though, but I got my 3rd Blood Rock and maxed Ludwig this time.

Not played in awhile, being stuck on NG+ Amelia and it being 30c in the UK means I CBA to do much of anything right now. Once it cools down I want to get stuck back in and finish NG+ and then start the Chalice Dungeons. I want to be in good shape for the expansion. I still haven't tried co-op yet either which might be fun at some point.
Just keep your distance wait for her to finish attacking and wail on her, she's not that hard. Use flame paper. I think Vicar Amelia is just one of those bosses that's easy as fuck with the Threaded Cane.

Melchiah

Just keep your distance wait for her to finish attacking and wail on her, she's not that hard. Use flame paper. I think Vicar Amelia is just one of those bosses that's easy as fuck with the Threaded Cane.

It was actually easier for me with the cane form instead of the whip, eventhough the latter deals extra damage to beasts. The cane was better for staggering her.

It was actually easier for me with the cane form instead of the whip, eventhough the latter deals extra damage to beasts. The cane was better for staggering her.
Yeah I know. Just rub on some fire paper and just go to town. When I fought her in NG+ she didn't even last long enough to try to heal herself.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
When I fought her it felt like the fight just went on too long, using +10 Holy Blade. I was wiping around 30%

When I fought her it felt like the fight just went on too long, using +10 Holy Blade. I was wiping around 30%
I have never fought her with that weapon, only the cane which is still an under appreciated weapon. Just throw on some fire paper be patient and dodge her double handed downward smash.

Anyone have a favorite spot for farming Bloodstone Chunks? I am seeing
Cainhurst
and
Upper Cathedral Ward
, but I don't know which one is better.

Anyone have a favorite spot for farming Bloodstone Chunks? I am seeing
Cainhurst
and
Upper Cathedral Ward
, but I don't know which one is better.

I'm pretty sure the werewolves in Upper Cathedral have a slightly better drop rate than the gargoyles in Cainhurst. So I'd go Upper Cathedral.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's finally over...

GXMPOh.jpg

Perhaps now it's time to finally move on... Well, let me know if anyone in here want to do Coop, I'll still help out whenever I can :)

It's finally over...

GXMPOh.jpg

Perhaps now it's time to finally move on... Well, let me know if anyone in here want to do Coop, I'll still help out whenever I can :)
Congrats. I still need to do that, will probably take a bit cause I'm now addicted to working on my newer character, whom is either a bit lower leveled compared to my last character or due to impatience and the experience of dealing with this shit already isn't plowing through stuff like my other character. Had to put in work with watchdoge in the first pthumeru dungeon...man he requires patience.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy shit.

Got home and tried Martyr Logarius once, first time today, and beat the everloving shit out of him. I'd tried ~10 attempts so far and never got him past 75%. The key was definitely just being aggressive as all hell, tons of dodging, and in my case sticking with the Threaded Cane completely in cane mode (first boss fight I've actually do so for).

I didn't even parry him.... got a lucky backstab + visceral off when he knelt down for some reason but other than that it was just pure unadulterated asskicking. First boss fight of mine I've wanted to preserve on video (uploading to YT now).

My heart's still pounding, lol. What a great fight. Cainhurst has been one of my favorite areas for sure.

Rest easy, Executioner.

It's finally over...

GXMPOh.jpg

Congratz! by far the most tedious part of the game for me.

Holy shit.

Got home and tried Martyr Logarius once, first time today, and beat the everloving shit out of him. I'd tried ~10 attempts so far and never got him past 75%. The key was definitely just being aggressive as all hell, tons of dodging, and in my case sticking with the Threaded Cane completely in cane mode (first boss fight I've actually do so for).

I didn't even parry him.... got a lucky backstab + visceral off when he knelt down for some reason but other than that it was just pure unadulterated asskicking. First boss fight of mine I've wanted to preserve on video (uploading to YT now).

My heart's still pounding, lol. What a great fight. Cainhurst has been one of my favorite areas for sure.

Rest easy, Executioner.

The last part of that sidequest is pretty nuts and amazing

Doomsayer

I just got the platinum last night, as well.

My last run, for now, NG++ ended with me dying 3 times total. Once because I got boxed in trying to roll away in the first area of Y'harghul and twice... to Micholash. Are you fucking kidding me? He one shotted me both times.

I just got the platinum last night, as well.

My last run, for now, NG++ ended with me dying 3 times total. Once because I got boxed in trying to roll away in the first area of Y'harghul and twice... to Micholash. Are you fucking kidding me? He one shotted me both times.
His Call Beyond move is such bullshit. I got one shotted as well from that move alone.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Smashed NG+ Amelia first try after not playing in a few days. Tried Shadows once and only managed to down 1.5, at least now I can farm the Woods which is one of my favourite areas. I'm following a Platinum guide so I don't miss anything this time.

Doing a much different route in this game. Beat Vicar Amelia before I did Hemwick so I can unlock the Forgotten Woods, dashed in real quick to get to Iosefka's Clinic for the Cainhurst Summons, went through Hemwick quickly to get to that monument only to find out that I have to kill the Witches for the wagon to come. This second character playthrough has been quite fun I must say. I beat Henryk this time so I have his armor and Eileen's still alive. Once you don't do the exact same thing it feels like a new game. I'm not going to finish Cainhurst but I do want the Reitterpalasch...would grabbing Evelyn be feasible or just wait till later?

dralla

Holy hell, the final fight against that hunter in Elieen's quest is brutal. I never fought him in NG. It took a solid 40 minutes in NG+ to take him out. I'm about to head to the Upper Cathedral Ward. Ebrietas awaits :(

So can anyone tell me why Arianna isn't answering the door when I go to where she supposedly is?

I haven't beaten Rom the Spider.
I've beaten Vicar Amelia.
I'm in front of the door that I'm supposed to be at.

And all that's happening is some guy telling me to go to the Church to the right of the main cathedral through the door. He gave me the tonsil stone. Do I have to go there and do something before she'll show up?

Damn, +6 Threaded Cane and 27 skill tore the Witches of Hemwick apart. 2 back stabs and 2 viscerals was all it took to kill them. Now have the Reitterpalasch and mad dashed it to get Evelyn and bold hunters marked out, wondering if I could've made a grab for the Knights outfit, but whatever. Need to eventually tackle Forgotten Woods now...damn that place is long, but it's not as bad to me as it was the first fucking time.

Top Bottom