• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

using Threaded Cane (+9) + Blunderbuss and Blade of Mercy (+9 missed the Blood Rock in the story). What should I be levelling up at this point?

TLPvSOo.jpg

So I accidentally hit Eileen the Crow at the beginning of the game and now I have to kill her, but every time I try and meet her in the Grand Cathedral she demolishes me. I'm at level 56. Is this something that will be easier as I level or do her stats adapt to that? Is it just going to be incredibly hard no matter what I do?

So I accidentally hit Eileen the Crow at the beginning of the game and now I have to kill her, but every time I try and meet her in the Grand Cathedral she demolishes me. I'm at level 56. Is this something that will be easier as I level or do her stats adapt to that? Is it just going to be incredibly hard no matter what I do?

Enemies do not scale with your level in this game, so feel free to level up and fight her later for an easier time.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So i've been diving back into bloodborne after taking a few weeks off to play Factions for days on end and over the 4th of july weekend I got the skill/whip character i started months ago up from 13 to 60 and just TROUNCED like 7 bosses in a row. Ended up jumping into a brand new game of my friends the other night with this guy and murdered Gascoine and BSB with so little fanfare i almost felt sorry for them. WHAT A LOVELY GAME!!! god it's so good... feels great to be back..

the renewed interest has me youtubing stuff i never got around to playing with the first couple times through the game and I had some questions I'm sure you fine gents and ladies can probably answer for me:

The stake driver - whats the range on the charged R2 special? does it go beyond the stake point? I've heard it's x3.5 damage and i wouldn't mind building a new hunter around it.

fastest way to get the beast claws for another Hunter i started? Is it really the Chalice Dungeons?? :(

and Blades/Scythe question about arcane scaling and such - at what point should i be switching to take max advantage of the arcane stat or is it fairly pointless unless you're pushing an arcane build? I want to end up ditching my spear (equipped with either fire or bolt gems for easy peasy elemental damage) out with my +10 whip eventually and have the Burial Blade and Mercy Blades be my main so i'd like to get them at their best when i get into NG++

Thanks you beautiful bastards you. I'm uploading my boss kills later this week and i'll pop in and post for glorious recognition or horrendous mocking. either way should be a treat! Kisses.

Woo! Just beat
the Wet Nurse
at level 4, so I'm one dialogue option away from completing a BL4 run. I didn't roll the credits though; still deciding if I want to do any more optional bosses. Was starting to get a bit impatient with it, so might leave the character parked there for now.

The biggest surprise for me was that
The One Reborn
went from possibly the easiest required boss in a normal playthrough to the one that took me the most attempts in my BL4 run. In a normal playthrough, the damage he does is so piddly that you can just wail on him and heal every now and then (in fact, this is exactly what the wiki recommends!), but with so little health you don't have this luxury and you need to actually come up with a strategy to deal with the clusterfuck of flailing legs, vomit, and raining corpses. Not too hard once you figure out the right approach but early on I had several attempts in which I did 0 damage, lol.

Anyone have any ideas for low-stress shit to do to extend my time with the game? Think I'm done with challenge-run type stuff for a while, and I don't have PS+ so online stuff is a no-go. Thinking of putting it down until the DLC and maybe getting Shovel Knight or Axiom Verge.

butman

Finished the game at last! A GOTY easily. The only boss i think i've forgot to kill was
the hunter that appears inside Cathedral Ward.
So now. Any real good reason to keep playing it in NG+ having The Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight waiting for me? I really need a break of tension, excitement and concentration that this game produce. (I'm not interested in Chalice Dungeons)

Keep in mind that not being a blunt attack doesn't necessarily mean it's a thrust attack. It has to, well, be a thrust animation for it to count. Any slash animation or other miscellaneous attacks are just categorized under the blanket attack rating.

spliced

Wow people weren't kidding about the saw cleaver against beasts. It's the first time I felt like I dominated VA. Paarl hardly got any attacks off, it was in recovery most of the fight.

I really need to quit going through the game and get back to the Chalice Dungeons on my main.

This is pretty amazing, my friend did his "absolute minimalist" run of Blood-starved Beast. Level 4, no armor, no consumables (including quicksilver bullets), no weapon upgrades, zero damage taken. Parries and backstabs in ways I didn't know were possible. Crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9YsKdaR_68

ookay then... yep that is amazing. damn, i spent like a week trying to beat BSB, and with a decently leveled char, molotovs and all lol.

pmj

I just picked the game up and put a few hours into it over the past two days. I'm currently stuck on a werewolf boss. Stuck not because the fight is hard (it seems very doable), but because every time I die I have to spend way more time than the boss attempt took on grinding for healing, since it doesn't replenish at bonfires.

Am I missing a way to get my flasks back? Or is this the way it is?

myco666

I just picked the game up and put a few hours into it over the past two days. I'm currently stuck on a werewolf boss. Stuck not because the fight is hard (it seems very doable), but because every time I die I have to spend way more time than the boss attempt took on grinding for healing, since it doesn't replenish at bonfires.

Am I missing a way to get my flasks back? Or is this the way it is?

You only get vials via drops or buying. I recommend to buy them always when you can. Also try make use of the regain system so that you don't need to rely on vials so much.

pmj

You only get vials via drops or buying. I recommend to buy them always when you can. Also try make use of the regain system so that you don't need to rely on vials so much.

*sigh*

I'm incredibly frustrated and it's making it difficult to approach the rest of the game in a fair way. Maybe I'll go back another day when I have time and patience to grind for several hours, to get maximum flasks in storage, before trying to advance in the game.

myco666

*sigh*

I'm incredibly frustrated and it's making it difficult to approach the rest of the game in a fair way. Maybe I'll go back another day when I have time and patience to grind for several hours, to get maximum flasks in storage, before trying to advance in the game.

Considering that the new max is 600 vials it might be bit overkill to get it full. Around 100 vials should be enough and you should get that amount rather quickly. Also you can still explore the area since the boss you are at isn't even mandatory (unless I understood wrong which boss you meant). IMO that boss is harder than the first mandatory boss.

pmj

Considering that the new max is 600 vials it might be bit overkill to get it full. Around 100 vials should be enough and you should get that amount rather quickly. Also you can still explore the area since the boss you are at isn't even mandatory (unless I understood wrong which boss you meant). IMO that boss is harder than the first mandatory boss.

Oh, I thought that was where I had to go. I beat a boss on a bridge that seems optional, because the road just ends right behind him. Where I am now is in a graveyard.

I think I'll go back and beat him even if he's optional. I was very close to doing it twice in my four attempts, it was just the vial situation that prevented me from trying again.

myco666

Oh, I thought that was where I had to go. I beat a boss on a bridge that seems optional, because the road just ends right behind him. Where I am now is in a graveyard.

I think I'll go back and beat him even if he's optional. I was very close to doing it twice in my four attempts, it was just the vial situation that prevented me from trying again.

Ah he is mandatory. Parrying is almost a must in that fight. Also if you have music box use that during the last phase.

Soulhouf

He is mandatory.
That boss basically teaches you how you're supposed to play:
First phase: lock on + parry/ripost him to death
Second phase: lock off and dodge/counter attack every time you have a chance. Don't be greedy.

A few tips regarding healing items:
- Until that boss (Father Gascogne), you can get a free Iosefka Blood vial every time you go to the clinic and you used the one she gave you.
- Use the regain system to your advantage. You really don't need many vials in that fight
- From now on, prioritize using your blood echos to buy vials. Leveling up can wait and it isn't really that important to do it frequently.

pmj

Thanks for the advice, both of you. I don't know what any of the items you mentioned are, but I think I'll be OK without them. I know how to parry, even if frequently mistime the shots and eat a combo, so it's just a matter of time before I get him.

Edit: Got it done.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally getting a handle on the controls.

However, I'm not sure what's going on. I haven't really made any progress. I get ~1500 echoes and end up dying to a dog or some shit. And at that point, I get sent back to the first lantern I found. I haven't made any actual progress in the first few hours of playing and messing around with this game.

Any tips on where I should be heading or what I should be doing? I'm wandering aimlessly and haven't seen anything outside of a bonfire and a bunch of dudes with pitchforks.

DedValve

Banned
anyone wanna hit up some labyrinths? I'm at the central or lower pthumeru laybrethns (or hintertombs I can't remember) and I'm getting my ass handed to me.

Also is there a way to respect in this game? I'm super glad with how my Chikage build turned out but I think I may have stupidly put a point or 2 in arcane when that could go towards my endurance instead.

Xeilyn

Finally getting a handle on the controls.

However, I'm not sure what's going on. I haven't really made any progress. I get ~1500 echoes and end up dying to a dog or some shit. And at that point, I get sent back to the first lantern I found. I haven't made any actual progress in the first few hours of playing and messing around with this game.

Any tips on where I should be heading or what I should be doing? I'm wandering aimlessly and haven't seen anything outside of a bonfire and a bunch of dudes with pitchforks.
You need to explore. Give it some time and you will find shortcuts, bosses, weapons and npc's. You dont have to kill everything you see, its perfectly viable to run past enemies that you feel are too hard in order to make progress. When you get hold of 1 insight(the currency under your echoes) you can start leveling up in the Hunters Dream. There are 2 bosses in the the first area, 1 optional and 1 mandatory and you can reach both of them within 10 minutes of starting the game. You should focus on leveling your character and upgrading your main weapon first

anyone wanna hit up some labyrinths? I'm at the central or lower pthumeru laybrethns (or hintertombs I can't remember) and I'm getting my ass handed to me.

Also is there a way to respect in this game? I'm super glad with how my Chikage build turned out but I think I may have stupidly put a point or 2 in arcane when that could go towards my endurance instead.

Sure I'd be down, I have lower and central pthumeru

edit: Does anyone else hate how predictable the chalice dungeons are? They're so boring compared to the main game, I have to force myself to play it just to get this platinum.

2nd floor Ailing Loran. What the fuck with those two bell bitches that throw infinite spiders at you. I survived, but what the fuck!? Just beat the Ailing Loran Blood Starved Beast!!!
Bloodborne™ Ailing Loran Blood Starved Beast

I like to take my time and explore the dungeons at my own pace, but the moment I see one of those fucking red spiders crawling towards me I just start sprinting until I find the bell women.

Such sweet relief once they're dead!

I like to take my time and explore the dungeons at my own pace, but the moment I see one of those fucking red spiders crawling towards me I just start sprinting until I find the bell women.

This is so god damn true too, my god. I hate when the spiders attack me while I'm attacking her. Time to deal with the first Abhorrent Beast...FML.
Edit and he's dead. Fight was ugly as fuck, but he's fucking dead.

You better. They're the only enemies that will hunt you down within a chalice. You're only safe once you go up a ladder, assuming there isn't another way to reach you.

Bloodletting Beast down in one try, lol

now on to Ailing Loran

there's no way to get a Blood Rock besides Nightmare of Mensis and the Queen right?

There's a bell maiden with spiders right before the boss door to the Abhorrent Beast!!!
Abhorrent Beast fight It's ugly but he's dead, takes a bit to figure out his pattern, he's not open for too long.
What a troll.
Bloodletting Beast down in one try, lol

now on to Ailing Loran

there's no way to get a Blood Rock besides Nightmare of Mensis and the Queen right?
I got a couple from the Isz Chalice and Sinster Root Chalice.

I'd like to pay my respect for Iwata. The man was a legend and I feel terrible about his death. Unbelievable.

What a troll.

I got a couple from the Isz Chalice and Sinster Root Chalice.

I'd like to pay my respect for Iwata. The man was a legend and I feel terrible about his death. Unbelievable.
hmm okay missed Upper Cathedral Ward on my first playthrough along with the Blood Rock in Nightmare so I have 0 +10 weapons right now :/

Just peaked my head into Defiled Pthumerian Chalice and holy shit, what a nightmare. I made it to the first boss and essentially got one-shotted 10 seconds into the fight...ugly.

Sadly the only gem I got there so far wasn't all that exciting.

Top Bottom