• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Quick question, If i've killed
Gehrman
but not
moon presence
can I still access the dlc, or am I going to have to go into ng+ (late game spoilers)

I can't see why not. Everything you need to access the DLC is still in place.

You should note that you might miss some additional dialogue though.

storafötter;187002299 said:
Best to not give up, I am up for trying again. We just have to get better with our footsies!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my last hit somehow went trough him and he killed me. That was the killing blow

Wow just defeated OoK! on my 7th try!

So I have been reading these posts in the thread about how insanely difficulty OoK is, and considering that I am in NG+ and had so much trouble with Ludwig I was really scared.

But to those who still have trouble with him, make sure you stay up on his grill during his second phase. Some of his attacks luckily doesn't hit you and make sure you dodge the main ones that has vertical trajectory.

Now on to
Lawrence
... any tips?

Kalentan

Honestly...
That big guy with the anchor for a weapon in the fish town is about to make me quit the game. He's so fucking cheap it's not even funny.

Jombie

Honestly...
That big guy with the anchor for a weapon in the fish town is about to make me quit the game. He's so fucking cheap it's not even funny.

ss1-039.jpg

Kusagari

So I apparently completely fucked up the harrowed hunter quest.

I never activated the ladder shortcut and went into the Orphan fight(haven't beat it yet though) without ever talking to him. I went back just now and his corpse was there and all I got was his clothing set. I've apparently missed out on both the bow and the key he's supposed to give you.

I really wanted to do everything in one go ughh.

myco666

So I apparently completely fucked up the harrowed hunter quest.

I never activated the ladder shortcut and went into the Orphan fight(haven't beat it yet though) without ever talking to him. I went back just now and his corpse was there and all I got was his clothing set. I've apparently missed out on both the bow and the key he's supposed to give you.

I really wanted to do everything in one go ughh.

You get his set from totally different place than where he is. Go check near the Lighthouse Hut lamp.

Kalentan

Just run pas him man, it's not worth giving up because of him.

Fuck this. He ended up picking my souls off the ground (because he literally pushed me out of the way before I could grab them) and I just lost 150k cause of him.

The enemy is cheaper than any of the bosses thus far!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Matchmaking in this game sucks ass. It just doesn't work for shit. I haven't gotten a single match in this entire DLC, not for lack of trying. I don't know how many more tries on OoK I've got in me before I throw in the towel, at some point I just feel like I could be playing a bunch of other games instead but it'd be a first for me with a Souls game.

ISee

Just started the DLC, didn't play Bloodborne for a long time. Made it to the new
"Vicar Amelia area (Grand Cathedral)"
(so 15 minutes in, maybe) and the guy there just wrecked me three times in a row, before I was able to defeat him. Good start, good start lol. This DLC will make me go insane won't it?

OoK is kicking my butt

How many bosses do I have left at this point?

stay close to the boss when it goes into second phase and keep hammering away, no pun intended. His follow up attacks in a combo misses you if you correctly dodge the first attack in the string.

Just started the DLC, didn't play Bloodborne for a long time. Made it to the new
"Vicar Amelia area (Grand Cathedral)"
(so 15 minutes in, maybe) and the guy there just wrecked me three times in a row, before I was able to defeat him. Good start, good start lol. This DLC will make me go insane won't it?

wait till you get to the first boss...

I personally think the first boss is the hardest/epicest of all the DLC bosses.

Top Bottom