• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Dahbomb

Just got to fight the boss at the top of the clocktower (the one after the boss in the flower area)....

1408.gif

ISee

stay close to the boss when it goes into second phase and keep hammering away, no pun intended. His follow up attacks in a combo misses you if you correctly dodge the first attack in the string.

wait till you get to the first boss...

I personally think the first boss is the hardest/epicest of all the DLC bosses.

on my way... :) Even harder then the abhorrent beast in the Ailing Loran Chalice dungeon? This guy nearly broke me.

Croyles

Getting the hang of the first boss. I died like 10 times (lvl 71). Doing better alone now than i was with co-op + old hunter. Managed to get it down to about 20% health.

First phase seems harder to judge its moves.

Ferr986

Well, I only have one fight to finish the DLC content. The optional one.

Hard as fuck too, of course. Honestly, I want to beat it already. Now, I loved the DLC, and I'll replay it lots of times on NG with other characters. But this NG++ walkthough has been so hard I'm exhausted to die for hours on the same boss lol

I think it's the hardest content I played since A LOT of years.

myco666

Oh boy do I love Bloodletter. The moveset is super good. Need to figure out what gems give the best damage output. Transformed L2 is still pretty weird to me as it pretty much forces you to use certain attire sets.

HORRORSHØW

Oh boy do I love Bloodletter. The moveset is super good. Need to figure out what gems give the best damage output. Transformed L2 is still pretty weird to me as it pretty much forces you to use certain attire sets.
the only weapon i can't try out b/c i have no str/blood build.

silva1991

Too bad I don't have a single blood+STR character :(

not in the mood to make a new build.

myco666

Too bad I don't have a single blood+STR character :(

not in the mood to make a new build.

I've only tried it on my NG++ character that had every damage stat at 30. Bumped BT to 40 immediately I realized how good it was. Really want to make a build around it but it is one of the latest weapons you can acquire so really don't know if it is worth it.

Sane_Man

I just can't do it.
Laurence
has broken me. I've beaten every Souls boss but I just can't see a way with this one. And I refuse to ring the damn bell for help. Sigh.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Halp, OoK phase 2, what do? One combo and I'm done for, sticking close like in phase 1 seems dangerous. It's so unpredictable.

Just stumbled onto the
Living Failures
fight. How the fuck am I supposed to kill four amped up Celestial Emmisaries at the same fucking time!!!!!

myco666

Just stumbled onto the
Living Failures
fight. How the fuck am I supposed to kill four amped up Celestial Emmisaries at the same fucking time!!!!!

Easily. Just git gud.

Pretty much concentrate on one at a time. I usually attack the ones that do spells rather than the ones that follow you and try to hit you.

laxu

Finally got past Ludwig. Summoned Valtr and he pretty much took all the hits while I swinged and dodged as much as I could. I really don't think I could've done it alone.

The DLC does have a bunch of bullshit encounters, like the hunters right after Ludwig. It's like they threw in one hunter at first but then decided it wasn't hard enough so they added in another. At least they had the decency to add one box so you don't have to fight both at the same time.

I feel that the DLC is aimed for co-op play and it's nice that they added some AI NPCs becomes I don't want to get PS+ just for this game (I'm mostly a PC player).

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah fuck OoK. I'm never going to beat this solo on NG+3 and since matchmaking doesn't work I guess I'm never going to beat this fucking DLC.

Finalow

not sure if GAF pvp actually works or the game just matched me with randoms even if I had the password up, I did quite a lot of invasions in the first area earlier. besides my usual pvp complaints and lag I had fun, will go for some more in a bit.
sucks that I can't have the maiden and get invaded there since I already killed the boss. :'(

anyway, for a Bloodtinge character I'm disappointed with the new weapons, chikage build is still miles better. guess I'll switch soon to my other character and run the DLC area again.

silva1991

I've only tried it on my NG++ character that had every damage stat at 30. Bumped BT to 40 immediately I realized how good it was. Really want to make a build around it but it is one of the latest weapons you can acquire so really don't know if it is worth it.

Does it deplete health like the chikage?

Top Bottom